[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mythic Legions General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: w175-07012016.png (2 MB, 1176x1587) Image search: [Google]
w175-07012016.png
2 MB, 1176x1587
Wave 1.75 Incoming Edition:
So the next wave is slowly coming out and the reaction has been overwhelmingly underwhelming. There have been a lot of nice ideas going on, but not many have really been "wowed" yet, as it were. Personally, I'm all in, but who really cares about that?

We still have the Black Knight, possible "Forsaken" Knight and whatever has a green skeleton head to look forward to though.

What sort of creatures are you gathering for your knights to hunt. McFarlane? Creatureplica? Or are you just staying in the Mythic Legions line?

Old Thread:
>>5735755
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3024x4032
>>5768650
>reaction has been underwhelming
Besides the barbarian builder, everything's gotten a fairly positive response.
I'm pretty excited in any case

Hoping for a rerun of Ilgarr or Clavian, as futile as that might be
>>
>>5768676
I don't know, the response I see for most of them is a "pass". There are a couple people who say they will get this one or that but it's nothing like when 1.5 was revealed.
>>
>>5768676
Where was that taken at?
>>
>>5768680
I definitely saw that on the barbarian and Orc
>>5768688
Redwood Forest in Northern CA
>>
>>5768676
That shit is beautiful
>>
>>5768650
1.75 shipping to your doorstep early 2018
>>
>>5768846
Go be butthurt somewhere else.
>>
>>5768650
So far the crusader and possibly minotaur for me. I missed Asterionn, but I'd surely not want this guy if I did have him. The barbarian looks pretty bad to me, sorry for his few fans in the last thread. And the orc is well done, but I'm not interested in its style.
>>
>>5768650

That orc looks like an Ono or something now, so I may get him, but the minotaur is a must buy.
>>
Whole store is sold out. How often do they restock?
>>
>>5769057
Store Horsemen isnt really your average store. When thier stuff is sold out they are GONE. Think of all thier products as exclusive items. It sucks, and you have to jump on them quick to get them.

However they make new figures that are basicly repaints with different shoulder pads or whatever, and they will be up for sale soonish. Just keep checking back here and eventually someone will post the time.
>>
>>5769143
>When thier stuff is sold out they are GONE.

Not completely true.

They are going to do another run later this year for some of the better selling Wave 1 figures.

They also will have the Legion Builders on sale also in a few months. They under ordered them initially so they had to go back and do another run to fill in the Storehorsemen orders they took but didn't have figures for. When they put in the order for the "missing" figures they also ordered extras to put up later.
>>
>>5768650

Have they shipped the orders people could place after they sorted out all the ones needed for the kickstarter?

I'm moving soon and if they haven't shipped then, I need to make sure they change my address. Anyone know who I should email?
>>
>>5769368
Email the contact us address given on their store and make sure to quote your order ref.
They're pretty slow to reply, but they are good guys and will get your shit sorted out.
Had to contact them myself to get my orders merged.
>>
>>5769297
They said an All-Star run was a possibility, but nowhere near a sure thing.
>>
File: file.png (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 2048x1536
I am really dissapointed in the quality control on my figures. I moved this guys arm and the paint scraped off. The paint scraped off all the joints which is somewhat forgivable.

Am I supposed to contact Four Horsemen through their store or some kickstarter thing or what?

Did this happen to anyone else?
>>
>>5770024
WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! You're not supposed to *move* them! Ugh!

[email protected]
>>
>>5770024

Nope.
>>
File: P7020963 copy.jpg (372 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
P7020963 copy.jpg
372 KB, 816x612
>>5770024
You know what the worst part is? I was like, OK whatever maybe I'm being anal retentive/OCD/autistic but then I put his shoulder armour on to cover it up and it scratched his fucking pec. There are tiny paint flakes on various parts of the other two figures I bought too. I'm glad I didn't buy more. The figures are beautiful and I wanted all the dwarves too.
>>
>>5770024
>>5770033
Yeesh. I hope that doesnt happen with mine.

You know, when they finally show up.
>>
File: Minotaur_SMTIV_Full_Artwork.jpg (159 KB, 698x1280) Image search: [Google]
Minotaur_SMTIV_Full_Artwork.jpg
159 KB, 698x1280
>>5768650
In their Kickstarter they mentioned the Minotaur was a reference to something. What is it supposed to be a reference to?
>>
File: P7020976.jpg (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
P7020976.jpg
1 MB, 1632x1224
>>5770037
Seriously look at this shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 1022x1535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 1022x1535
>>5770072
A bunch of old figures they had made who were also minotaurs.

This is Xetheus, from their 7th Kingdom line.
>>
>>5770080
That?

That's not a big deal. You're overreacting there.
>>
>>5770120
Yeah I guess you're right.

But if you defend this >>5770033 I'll become a baby fur and sue myself for custody.
>>
>>5770033
That was really bad

>>5770080
This is slightly more common. I think they put too much love on the paint and make it too thicc
>>
>>5770130
I...what?
>>
>>5770135
Thank you for stopping me from being a dick. I'm worried that my other figures will just have more scraping in the future though. Like the paint on another figs wrist scraped when I attached his shield. I wonder if it has anything to do with the temperature here or something.
>>
>>5770147
The wrist attachment is atrocious. The safest way to do so is to take the hands off because the c-clamp is so rigid. What a shit design. Well you can easily customize an L shaped handle with apoxie sculpt I suppose
>>
>>5770033
>>5770024
Looks like China lied about the paints they were using.
Doesn't seem like that could be fixed with better QC. Only way to fix that is by changing factories again.
>>
>>5770024
>>5770033

This is inexcusable. They should offer you a replacement but you'll likely get a figure with the same problem.

>>5770080

This IMO isn't that big of a deal. I've seen this with lots of lines where they paint the joint and the paint inevitably rubs off. It happens. Yeah it sucks but it's almost common practice.
>>
>>5769554

Last month, sure it was rumored...but CB pretty much confirmed it since then. You're a bit behind on the latest info.
>>
Okay so, it's pretty much given that I will need to varnish my fucking barbarians before any play.
>>
>>5770506
Sounds like it. It also sounds like crap imo
>>
Actually, does any of you guys have that picture of the Barbarian builder broken down into all it's parts?
I want to use it as a guide to dismantle mine for paining.
Will help me not fuck it if I know what the joints look like.
>>
File: 1463424723958.jpg (100 KB, 623x800) Image search: [Google]
1463424723958.jpg
100 KB, 623x800
>>5770612
Never mind I found it.
Here it is for anyone else.
>>
>>5770575

Good thing your opinion doesn't amount to anything.
>>
>>5770072

>bull's hooves become the shoulders
>nostrills and mouth are a skull

Holy shit this design is amazing
>>
>>5770024
>>5770033
>>5770080

I feel less bad about missing all of them now
>>
>>5770860

Why? Because one guy scratched his toy up?
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 634x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 634x1125
>>5770847
>>5770863
You are aware no one cares what you think either, right?

Fact is, if you woukd bother going to the official forums, that this is a common problem and not an isolated incident.

I've invested thousands in this line and if someone who hasn't gets turned off by the fact that paint rub and flaking is a common problem, good! Maybe 4H will up their quality.

Oh, you're probably one of those "in box" collectors. You wouldn't know anything about this then.
>>
>>5770033
>>5770080
>not molding the part in the appropriate color so that if paint cracks it doesn't look totally awful
This shouldn't even be allowed. Especially on joints, if you're going to paint them it NEEDS to be molded in a color similar to the surrounding parts. Yes I know they have too many damn variants to realistically do this but still, it leads to horrible looking visual flaws.

This was an issue with that Megahouse Variable Action Luffy too. His shorts were made with softer plastic and his hips had no damn range. So they forced you to stress that area out but the part itself was cast in fucking white. So when the paint cracked it looked terrible.
>>
>>5770863
Will you knock it off, you really think people who post on here and who would buy something as niche as ML would scratch their stuff?
>>
If I can only get one mythic legions figure, which one should I get?

right now leaning towards pic related, but seems a little expensive
>>
>>5770929

Get a load of this crybaby bitch.
>>
>>5771195
From what I've heard, people really enjoy him. A few have paid $100 and come back happy, so that's good, right?
>>
>>5771263
cheapest I can find online is 200
>>
File: 1315265262628.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1315265262628.gif
2 MB, 288x288
>>5771277

$200!!

Holy shit! Maybe I should sell one of my 4.
>>
>>5770859
That's minotaru from shin megami tensei
>>
>>5771385
I only got one but shit, at that mark up I might too.
>>
>>5771277
Really? I haven't checked for awhile, last I saw it was $100, sorry.
>>
>>5771195
Wait a bit, more figures will come out, including a set similar to this only with a Knight theme. This guy may even see re-release when the All-Star wave comes out.
>>
>>5771831
source on that?
>>5771667
where you shop? ebay? amazon? bigbadtoystore?
>>
>>5771921
Diffanon, from various interviews and what not, there will be a knight builder set in the same vein as the barbarian builder and there will also be an all star wave for wave 1 which will include some chosen chars.
>>
>>5771939
>chosen chars

The builders weren't "chars" so I donmt know if they're up for consideration.
>>
>>5772033
All figures are up for consideration, based on overall popularity and demand. The Barbarian Builder will almost certainly be one of the top 10ish that get picked.
>>
>>5772071
I would say so. It'd be nice if all the legion builders get a second go, but there doesn't seem to be much support for the ones they're not already doing. No golden skeleton for me. :(
>>
File: file.png (823 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
file.png
823 KB, 720x960
So I found a way to put Nendo heads on these guys and this combination actually looks cool.

pls ignore cat.
>>
Does anyone know where the best place to buy Mythic Legions secondhand is? I really need this guy to give to Nendo Link.
>>
>>5772904
You should wait for the next preorder to go up, unless you don't mind paying crazy money. The after-market prices are a bit high.
>>
>>5772901
That's pretty frigging adorable
>>
>>5770267
>
Looks like China lied about the paints they were using. Doesn't seem like that could be fixed with better QC. Only way to fix that is by changing factories again.

A responsible thing to do would be to change factory, recall all the figures and replace them. But 4H can do no wrong in this thread, even though the Eagalus I preordered from November 2015 still hasn't come
>>
>>5773087
Recalling every figure would cost way too much for them. They'd be bankrupt. The problem seems to be mostly focused on the bare body figures, so if anything, accepting those back to new ones would be ok. Either way they'd take a huge hit.
>>
>>5773087
Yeah, that's an entirely feasible solution.

It sucks there are paint chips on some of the figures, but the cost of recalling them all would probably end this line and any immediate future plans they have.

There are a ton of figures out there that cost more and have less quality. If you don't like it, that's fine. Stop buying them, and sell the ones you have.
>>
>>5771939
>there will be a knight builder set in the same vein as the barbarian builder

CB also has said that they plan on an Orc builder too in the future due to the HUGE success on the first builder set. It's not something though that we'll see till after the Wave 2 Kickstarter.
>>
>>5773087
>A responsible thing to do would be to change factory, recall all the figures and replace them.

That's ludicrous.

I'm not defending the body chipping cause that's awful and I have a few figures with the same problem so I feel for you. Asking them to recall all the figures though just isn't possible. I'm one of the many who got stuck with some of the defective Elephant figures from years back.

They could ship out replacement torsos which would be great but even that could be to expensive for them to absorb the cost. I'm not even certain if the whole arms can be removed from the torso. I've never tried it yet with any of my figures yet.

You need to remember that this isn't a million or even billion dollar company here like Hasbro or Mattel that could eat that kind of expense. You'd be surprised at how much money the 4H actually make on this line. It isn't anywhere near what you expect. This is a labor of love for them.
>>
>still no shipping confirmation

Holy SHIT its been

TWO
T
W
O
MONTHS
O
N
T
H
S
>>
>>5773210
Yeah I understand the scale of their business. What annoys me though its the artificial scarcity on their figures. You have to refresh their stores at certain period (usually during workdays business hours where people with jobs can't compete against NEETs).

Paint chipping on $35 figures is ok. However at BBTS the line is $50 and on ebay they're $70 up to $200 each and the scarabuses also yields crazy prices. You'd be pretty pissed if you paid $100 for the characters and gets fucked up paint chipping. I understand it's not 4H's fault that their figures get scalped on the aftermarket but still they know it, the birds, birds 2.0, birds all stars rerelease, ml 1.0, ml 1.5 all sell out from their stores in matter of days and these people did not learn from their past experience and keep understocking their inventory.
>>
>>5773393
I mean, you have to think of it this way.

4H can literally only produce as many figures as they can afford...thats why each run is so small, they literally do not have enough money to make a specific amount of figures.

And then when you take into account them paying for the figures to be made, paying thier own workforce, and shipping, I can't imagine them making such a large profit that they would be able to invest in a more quantity line.

Of couse we as consumers basicly cover all those, it is still money that they would have to (presumably) put up front first.
>>
>>5773499
I don't know about that, the kickstarter did very well and they had far in excess of their goal. If anything I feel like they may have been worried about some figures not selling enough, hence why some numbers were so much lower compared to others. I feel like they'll have more faith in their product the second time around. There will be some that are more popular than others but for the most part I think they can afford to have their store stocked for more than a week. They did mention not liking to have to clearance their products, so that's another reason they're not ordering much excess. They should follow Articulated Icons and Beasts of the Mesozoic way of putting up preorders right after as well at a slight markup. That helps the numbers out as well as creates more sales. AI doesn't have the numbers but Beasts already made 36.7k just in the backer kit (pledgers who upped their pledge and new preorders).

They said they wanted to treat Mythic Legions as their flagship line and actually have constant stock in their store, at one point (iirc). They're still obviously afraid to do so but hopefully with MyL 2.0 they'll be less so.
>>
>>5773393
That's BS. The last pre-order was open for days. Don't blame the 4H, or other collectors just because you weren't on the ball. You want these figures at non-scalper prices, then follow the news updates like everyone else who bought them.

Whatever BBTS and ebay are charging has nothing to do with the actual retail price of the figures. No matter who charges what, these are $35 figs. Expecting $100 quality just because you paid that much is ridiculous.
>>
>>5768676
hombre the dude is supposed to be in focus, bokeh goes in the background
>>
>>5773393
>What annoys me though its the artificial scarcity on their figures. You have to refresh their stores at certain period (usually during workdays business hours where people with jobs can't compete against NEETs).

Now you are just talking out of your ass.

I have a full time job and was still able to get all the figures I wanted. They announced in advance when the figures would go up for sale and people had more than enough time to make preparations to acquire them. Really all you needed was a smart phone to get online and buy them when they went up. If you were working then just go upstairs and show your mom how to order them for you on your computer.

>However at BBTS the line is $50 and on ebay they're $70 up to $200 each and the scarabuses also yields crazy prices.

You're seriously taking into account secondary market prices? What are you an idiot? They have no control over that. BBTS had to pay the same price as KS customers so the markup is reasonable. The 4H actually asked them to keep it at $50 for the standard figures just to try to make the figures obtainable.

Most of the Scarabs were available for almost over a year on their website. Outsides the really rare ones with low production runs, the rest could be bought for months.

It sounds to me you're just late to the game and now are completely buthurt over it. It happens. You learned your lesson so now stop bitching about it and deal with it.

>>5773584

Completely agree.
>>
>>5773615
>It sounds to me you're just late to the game and now are completely buthurt over it.

Just the opposite actually. I'm a KS backer. I only backed 3 figures because I want to be cautious. Later on, during the public preorder session seeing the hype and how fast they're going out of stock I ordered 3 more. I asked 4H to combine my KS order with my preorder because I don't want to pay for the $15 extra shipping and apparently it was too complicated for them to combine 2 shipments of 6 figures. On top of these there are two figures - Ignatius and Gideon which I decided later on that I wanted and they're both sold out at BBTS and scalped like crazy on Ebay.

>>5773591
It's comparing them with other toy kickstarter. Other toy kickstarter had their shit way more together and that's a fair game. Your excuse is literally "uh people are complaining about MN9 as if they can make a game themselves." Yeah no shit we can't, that's the whole reason we put our money as backers to the project. However comparing a project and customer service of one company to other similar KS project/company is fair game
>>
>>5773609
Lol I know, I was going for an effect, but not sure it came out.
>>
>>5773210
>>5773185
>>5773110
>doesnt remember what happened last time 4H tried to get China to correct their error
So besides it being way too costly to recall (no one but car companies will recall something for such a minor thing), China will steal your molds. No more Mythic Legions using the current bodies.
>>
>>5773876
>No more Mythic Legions using the current bodies.
What do you mean? Most 1.5 and 1.75 stuff are reuse
>>
>>5773909
yep, those are current bodies.
>>
>>5774044
Wait so they lost the mold AGAIN? So I know that they lost the 7th kingdom and scarabuses mold, but now all the knights mold, skeleton mod, and bare body mold also?
>>
>>5773657
So you were slow.

These guys went up for sale three times, only one of them had limited stock. As a backer, you had literal first dibs on both pre-order sessions. There is no "artificial scarcity" here, they make what's asked for and a small bit more. They can't stock tons of extra just in case you change your mind after three attempts to offer you their figures.

But even for those who DID miss out, they're going to re-release about a third of them at LEAST two more times (once for initial pre-order, once for in-stock pre-orders).

>I asked 4H to combine my KS order with my preorder because I don't want to pay for the $15 extra shipping

They specified right from the start, that they wouldn't be able to combine orders from different sale periods. It was never an option, they informed people of this before the pre-orders went up, why would you even bother asking?
>>
>>5774066
How come ebay sellers have no problem combing orders and giving back overpaid shipping?
>>
>>5774066
>So you were slow.
I want to be cautious, judging that the Vitruvian Hack KS had different paintjob between prototype and actual release. I was waiting to get a couple of review in before spending hundreds of dollars on an unproven line. Even with the birds, like half of them got QC issues with frozen joints.
>>
>>5773909
>>5774055

He's saying is a possibility if the 4H change factories again. However, some paint chipping issues are not cause for changing factories. Perhaps some production methods will have to be tweaked, but they won't drop a factory they seem happy with just for paint chipping off.
>>
>>5774070
Because ebay sellers aren't combining orders made over the course of an entire year while dealing with literal thousands of products and customers all at once.

>>5774076
...which means you took your time in deciding and missed your last chance. I'm not saying you were wrong for doing so, it's very understandable. But that's not the 4H creating "artificial scarcity", that's you taking too long to make a decision. There were plenty of chances, and for many characters there will be even more chances, to get these figures. You just didn't take that chance.
>>
>>5774070
This.

Yeah they had about 1000 backers, the Vitruvian Hacks guys (a studio of comparable size) had 1200 backers and shipped everything without a clusterfuck. Truforce Megaman had 2000 backers and shipped everything also without a clusterfuck. There are ebay powersellers who moves and ships 3 digits item everyday
>>
>>5774097
>that's you taking too long to make a decision

Yeah, a whole 2 days too long. I just want to get a figure in hand, or at least watch a couple of reviews before going all in spending hundreds of bucks into these guys which is not that crazy of a preposition. If you can't even wait until some reviewers get their hands on the figures and had to preorder everything then it is artificial scarcity.
>>
>>5774098
>the Vitruvian Hacks guys
>Started shipping in Feburary
>finished shipping in May

>Truforce Megaman
>Two figures and a t-short
>took over a month to ship everything out.

...so the KS with larger amounts of figures took longer to ship while the KS with far fewer figures took about half the amount of time. That puts the 4H's shipping times pretty much right where they should be.

>If you can't even wait until some reviewers get their hands on the figures and had to preorder everything then it is artificial scarcity.

No, that's you missing out on a popular item. One which had TWO unlimited quantity periods of sales. If they only made 100 of something from the start, it would be artificial scarcity. But they made enough for everyone who wanted them the two times they offered them and then made EXTRA for people who might've wanted them. You CHOSE to pass on those first THREE chances (and understandably so), so you're inability to get these figures is on your head, not theirs.

>>5774120
>>
Who is worse, 3A or 4H?
>>
Are they fucking shipping out the Quetzalcoatl reissues yet or what? I paid for that fucking thing like, over six months ago.
>>
>>5774180
You guys are such drama queens.

Most 3A collectors are patient enough to wait however long it takes to get their items, however 3A also has a semi-reliable shipping window to go by.
>>
>>5774094
actually, chinamen would demand more money, even though they probably agreed to have better paint, etc, before and they would hold the molds as hostage if they dont get more money.
Anything could can lead to the factory taking the molds if they don't get what they want, which is usually just more money for the same service they provided before.

If they get a complaint, maybe they won't steal the molds and just use it to make bootlegs.
>>
>>5774411
how come Matt Doughty has such a good relationship with his chinese factory and has such great pr?
>>
>>5774414
Who?

And their relationship is about money.
4H is small time. They don't make a lot of figures and can get bullied pretty easily. Bigger companies have way more pull and most any factory would bend over and suck up hardcore to get a contract. Though, Hasbro has gotten their shit stolen, so it just depends.
>>
>>5774411
seriously what the fuck is up with chinese factories? this is like the fifth hobby I have that has this problem
>>
>>5774433
Chinese laws favor chinese companies, so there's little recourse oversea companies can take with them. One of the very few ways is reputation and MONEY.
If a little company is fucked over, will anyone care? Usuaully not. The only reason 4H got their molds back last time is because of Mattel or NECA interceding
>>
>>5774433
Chinese people and culture have been shit for decades man. I don't know what to tell you other than the fact that the other asians are right to hate China. Hell even the Taiwanese and HK hate China and they're almost the same people.
>>
>>5772901
You're winning at /toy/
>>
>>5772901
I've never been interested in Nendos until right this moment.
>>
>>5774456
yea, basically all chinese outside of china HATES china people
>>
>>5774253
Same, no words on my Eagalus reissue too. Considering it takes this long to ship out the ML stuff, plus they have non backers preorder to sort out, then 1.5 stuff I doubt we'll get our birds until at least October
>>
>>5773657
>I only backed 3 figures because I want to be cautious.

Nothing wrong with that but don't cry like a bitch when the stuff sells out cause you hesitated.

>>5773657
>I asked 4H to combine my KS order with my preorder because I don't want to pay for the $15 extra shipping

They said from the start that wasn't possible cause they wanted to make sure the KS orders all went out first since the KS customers were the ones who funded the entire production.

You're really this upset over $15? Do you work flipping burgers or something? I bought more too during the preorder period and had to pay more for shipping also but I understood why and didn't come online and cry about it.

>>5773657
>On top of these there are two figures - Ignatius and Gideon which I decided later on that I wanted and they're both sold out at BBTS and scalped like crazy on Ebay.

Again, it's not their fault you didn't buy them when they were available. Why can't you understand that? They have no control over secondary market prices. You could have ordered them just like everybody else did during the KS or during the preorder period, which as a KS customer, would have given you early access to them before the general public. You were stupid and didn't preorder them and now you are just crying like a bitch. I'm sorry I'm being harsh here but you sound like a 5 year old who hasn't gotten his way.

My initial assessment stands:
you're just late to the game and now are completely buthurt over it.

You're whole post here >>5774076 and here >>5774120 confirms it. You yourself admit it.

You fucked up and now regret your decision. Deal with it and stop acting like a child.
>>
>>5774253

The All Stars were slated to begin production after the ML wave 1 figures were completed. Some delays in getting the ML figures started resulted in delays to the All Stars. They are being done now and should be out within a few months.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 560x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 560x449
So this is happening finally. I'll pick one up for a Dark Souls OC.
>>
>>5775857
Im glad I didn't get the builder or the other one. This is exactly what I wanted and considering how the Barbarian went I might buy 2
>>
>>5775857
How much? Still $35 or a bit extra for all the extra junk?
>>
>>5775857
Kinda sad about the lack of blue tabbard chest
Also, is that bucket helm more golden than the other armor accents?
>>
>>5775862
It's probably gonna be 50 thats what the barb set was
>>
>>5775857
Awwww yiss son, time to sell my barbarian builder for 200 hundred dosh and get this bad boy
>>
>>5775857
I want to go to there
>>
>>5775866
It's probably just the Crusader helm being used as a placeholder.
>>
>still havent shipped backer preorders

HOLY SHIT 4H WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: IMG_0900-edit.jpg (383 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900-edit.jpg
383 KB, 1440x1080
>>5768650
I got my figures recently and quite like them.
Only serious flaw to report is my silver knight legion builder has a left arm that keeps popping off at the bicep. I emailed customer service about it. Hope to get a reply within this century.
>>
File: IMG_0895-crop.jpg (457 KB, 1296x1400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0895-crop.jpg
457 KB, 1296x1400
>>5776898
>>
File: IMG_0897-crop.jpg (395 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0897-crop.jpg
395 KB, 1080x1440
>>5776898
>>
File: IMG_0896-edit.jpg (437 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0896-edit.jpg
437 KB, 1440x1080
>>5776898
>>
>>5768650
As much as I would love to get these figures, I can't see myself spending $50 or more per fig. This one hurts.
>>
>>5777017
Just wait until the FH put them up for sale. They price is still quite high but much better than what others are charging. Some things won't make the all star wave though, and if you want something from something other than that enough then if you feel the need you can plunk down the extra dollaroos.
>>
>>5776897
Yeah, they have faggot.

>>5776898
They're meant to be modular, not sure that's a customer service issue. Glad you like them otherwise.
>>
>>5777049
>They're meant to be modular, not sure that's a customer service issue. Glad you like them otherwise.
Yeah I know they're modular, but this joint is terrible. All the connections on my other figs are secure but this one is a joke.
>>
>>5777017
So don't. When the 1.5, 1.75 and All-Star waves go up for pre-order, they'll all have Legion Builder figures for sale. Those are the ones with the simpler paint apps but stil have all the features and accessories seen in the main figures. Those guys will be 20-25 a pop and well worth it.

And while you may not want to drop 50 on a basic character, the Barbarian and Knight builders will cost just about that, but come with a full set of weapons and TONS of extra parts you can use on your other figures so they're well worth it.

The Knight Builder specifically looks awesome, and he comes with so many pieces you can customize a whole team of Silver Legion Knights from just one set. I may have to get a second silver knight and build me a nice little silver trio to follow my Godfrey into battle (with one templar builder as the Banner-man).
>>
>>5777049
Why havent I recieved a tracking number then genius?
>>
>>5776905

The cryptbreaker is the one figure I wanted that I didn't get, and now I'm really regretting it, oh well.
>>
>>5777094

Because not everyone gets one dicksucker. They've even addressed it in the updates. I didnt get one and my shit showed up just fine.
>>
>>5777152
>faggot
>dicksucker

Are you the same guy who trolls the Neca forums?
>>
>>5777223

Funny, I was sure that was you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww
>>
>>5776905
>>5777148
I skipped him the first time and grabbed it during the last pre-order. Can't wait for him to get here. Do regret skipping some of the others. I've hit eBay and BBTS a couple of times for non-skeletons now.
>>
>>5777263

Insta-buy.
>>
>>5777067
>Yeah I know they're modular, but this joint is terrible. All the connections on my other figs are secure but this one is a joke.
You probably need to heat up the torso piece and shoulder piece separately with a hair dryer. Let them cool down and try again. A minute or two of high heat should reset the plastic a bit and create a tighter fit.
>>
>>5777148
I can see him making it into the All-Stars, he's an incredibly unique figure and a faction leader. He is pretty great though.
>>
>>5777263
Y E S !
>>
>>5777263
Man, this just makes me want a Mythic Legion Skeletor lookalike.
>>
>>5777263
m-muh dick
>>
>>5777230
You can't be serious.
>>
>>5777353
Probably using the evil armor pieces, like the fully armored orc guy, wifh the evil helmet and bat wings, maybe.
>>
>>5777148
When I finally get my double, I will be offering him to you fags at below ebay prices.
So either hope for allstars or wait for me.
>>
females and monster females when? still no info?
>>
>>5777407
that's for 2.0. I think they'll show some at SDCC.
>>
>>5777409

Month?
>>
>>5777281
The poison skeleton's alt head on the Blue Demon's body. Throw on two chest straps and a different set of feet and all you'd need to do would be find a hood that fits.

>>5777407
They've shown off the wip armored female leg sculpt a while back and revealed concept art for a fairy type female a few days ago (who has legs similar to the sculpt they showed off earlier). They're most likely going to reveal the wave officially at SDCC and launch the KS itself late fall/early winter.

Female knights, orcs and barbarians were more or less confirmed, along with other surprises.
>>
I wish that knight builder came with a tabard torso since that's the only reason I want that new knight.

Poison skelly is my favorite though
I'm gonna be broke
>>
>>5777353
>Why am I even bothering with this,what do you guys think the black knight will be?

Probably really boring if it's just a complete repaint. Those bodies are already getting kind of stale. We already had a black knight in Gorgo. What we need is maybe a completely weathered Knight, similar to Urzokk's armor with battle damage sculpts and tattered capes
>>
They should just troll people waiting for female figures by releasing a normal skeleton figure with lipstick on its teeth.
>>
>>5777491
While Gorgo was a Knight wearing Black, he didn't really come off as a "Black Knight". I agree that a complete repaint would be unimpressive, but there's still plenty of potential part combos they haven't used yet. I'm hoping (and expecting) the Black Knight to use the spiked armor bits with the cloth torso/loin with the spiked color and probably bucket helm. It would be a unique build and allow for a very evil looking knight to rival Gorgo.

Speaking of Knights, the 4H just updated their website post of the knight builder. Apparently it's colors aren't final and the set will also include a second blue, cloth torso. This adds a whole new level to what you can build with this figure and gives people even more reason to grab him.

http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/?p=2882
>>
File: image.jpg (602 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
602 KB, 1920x1080
There's only one Black Knight I really want.

None shall pass!
>>
>>5777263
>Purple Knight
>It's a fucking Skeleton
God damnit all I want is-
>Said Skele is also baller as fuck
Well! I take back everything. Instant buy.
>>
File: rain-pepe.jpg (201 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
rain-pepe.jpg
201 KB, 1000x666
Another day, another undelivered mythic legions order.

When bros, when will they arrive!?
>>
They just revealed the Forest Knight, the Hooves make this figure for me. The fact they pack in both the Dwarf Helm and the Great Helm (the latter of which was used in a similar fan-made concept during the original KS) is a really nice touch. Shame it's most likely a full priced figure, because he would be great to troop build.
>>
>>5777263
god dammit I'm trying to save money fuck
>>
File: 84517.jpg (85 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
84517.jpg
85 KB, 900x900
>>5779440
>the Hooves make this figure for me
Nah, completely disagree. What the fuck is he supposed to be? A furfag? Why does he have hooves? Asterion and Shadow Minotaur make sense, if this guy's a humanoid then he's just a fucking furry.

At this point, both him and the barbarian looks like hero masher tier from hasbro. There's not that much thought put into them, they're just combining parts for the sake of it and selling them for $35 a pop plus ridiculous shipping fees from the 4H store.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 500x260
>>5779450
And what's wrong with furries?
>>
>>5779450
>What the fuck is he supposed to be?

>Knight patrolling the forest
>Suddenly wild minotaur attack
>Knight loses his lower legs but defeats the minotaur
>Cuts off the minotaur's feet and has them magically crafted to replace his lost feet
>The legend of the Forest Knight continues...
>>
>>5779450
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faun
>>
>>5779450
he's probably just, like, a satyr dude in armor
why are you freaking out?
>>
>>5779450
Like all mythologies have weird animal people for gods. Just because furries are weird doesn't retcon some cooler parts of human history
>>
>>5779484
>>5779485
Faun or satyr would require a proper resculpted thighs to make it look like reversed knee ungulate legs. This guy just have hooves for ankle and nothing else. I think he's underwhelming but let's just agree to disagree, I don't want to start another 4H shitposting thread with you guys hardcore fanboys
>>
>>5779440
Eh, this ones passable for me. Not because of some "furry boogyman" but because its just so meh.
>>
>>5779536
same, I'm not "wild" about it
dig the idea, though
>>
>>5779440

I like it but I agree that the feet look odd.
>>
>>5779558
Honestly if it was more like this>>5779532 id totally jump on it
>>
>>5779450
Better bite your tongue. Furries are a big reason why these figures have been selling over the many years.
>>
File: tumblr_nxxnj401nO1ush256o1_400.gif (363 KB, 384x239) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxxnj401nO1ush256o1_400.gif
363 KB, 384x239
>>5779647
I'm imagining someone saying this in a threatening tone with a baseball bat in their hand
>>
>>5779440
The feet are odd but I guess going with more of the "Stagman" thing.
But I'm not that keen. It detracts from the Herne The Hunter thing for me.
Antlers and spear are nice
>>
>>5779729

No, just saying there's a reason there's so many "animal people" that have won.
>>
>>5779647
What is it with this place and furries? Furries are absolute shit but you guys act like theyre some illuminati shit that influences everything.

>something is bad
>"well its obviously because of the furries"

The only thing ive ever seen them influence is that one kickstarter fighting game where some furfag got his character in or something, but other than that ive never seen them effect much else.

>inb4 furfag defender
>>
>>5780217

We're all around you, even on this board.

You didn't think I'd spend $200 on bird men just because they looked cool, did you?

And then there's the various MOTUC toys with those muscular snakes...
>>
some cool female ideas I want to see:

-minotaur barbarian or knight (will be fun to see her with the milk cow colors)
-dryad/plant like humanoid
-tengu (it will need wings but they can use the ones already have from the bird guys)
-demon
-female muscled ork
-female wherewolf
-half dragon
-mindflayer (is a Dungeons & Dragons property?)
-a african warrior like lioness
>>
>>5780349
Furfag pls go
>>
>>5779440
Love the colors but yeah the hooves are distracting.
>>
>>5780441

Maybe they would've looked better had they used the bare arms and legs and added a fur-like color tone to his skin? To me, the antlers on his head aren't a decoration on his helmet, they actually the character's antlers and he's a satyr/faun type character.

Maybe with enough complaints they'll throw in some "normal" feet as well.
>>
File: 1NewMythicLegions1.jpg (180 KB, 700x959) Image search: [Google]
1NewMythicLegions1.jpg
180 KB, 700x959
>>5780639
>bare arms and legs
As far as I know, they don't have a sculpt for bare forearm and lower leg. Even the naked guys like Barbarian, the twin demons etc have gauntlets and greaves rather than bare forearm and lower leg. I think what makes the figure looks off is that the hooves are too big. It make sense for Shadow Minotaur and Asterion because their heads are also gigantic, but this guy looks like he's an autist wearing micky mouse boots with hooves on it.

>To me, the antlers on his head aren't a decoration on his helmet, they actually the character's antlers and he's a satyr/faun type character.
Then how the fuck does he put his helmet on and his antlers through?

Also I realized that Shadow Minotaur is a literal big black bull. /tv/ would be proud, can't wait to take cuck pictures and post it on lewd toy thread
>>
>>5780679
his helmet would just have gaps for his antlers on the sides.
>>
>>5780679
I'm very aware of what pieces they have at their disposal and I meant they should've used the bare limbs they used on the other bare limbed figures. Less armor and some light spotting/altering skin tone would've helped push the mythical creature aspect they seemed to going for with this guy.

Also the hooves look just fine on the Demons. and their heads aren't much larger then a normal horned helm head. Though this is the first time they used the hooves with the traditional armored legs. They're slightly slimmer looking then the spiked armored legs so I can see why it would look off.

>Then how the fuck does he put his helmet on and his antlers through?
Hinges and clasps. Not exactly rocket science.
>>
File: 1465063687182.png (346 KB, 648x476) Image search: [Google]
1465063687182.png
346 KB, 648x476
>>5780360
>mithological/fantasy creatures
>"furfag"
>>
The ones who have the figures... are good quality? how is the paintjob? after see >>5770024 and >>5770033 I'm scared to buy something from this guys
>>
>>5781003
>how is the paintjob
Paintjob is generally pretty good, however the 1.0 Mythic Legions tends to get rubbing on the joints because they painted the joints. Here's the deal, they're $35 figures originally despite scalper prices so expect mid, AKA NECA/Diamond select tier paintjobs and joint quality. Such defects are acceptable for $35 figures, but absolutely not acceptable for $50 or more scalper price that you're expected to pay for these guys nowadays.

If you want to buy one or two guys that you really want for $50 or ebay scalp price then sure, but IMO if you want to collect and complete the line they're not worth the scalper price. Avoid shiny knights and naked barbarians if you're super concerned with paintjobs, I found that their metallic paint and fleshtone paint flake off more readily compared to other colors
>>
>>5781014
thanks anon
>>
>>5780360
Just curious anon, what kind of animal based fantasy creature you don't consider furry?
>>
Is the armor of these figures painted or cast in metallic plastic?
>>
>>5781003
Overall they are great figures, with the only common issue being what the other anon mentioned about the paint rub. On most figures it won't be an issue, but on those with chipped paint, it'll stand out a bit.

Their articulation is good to kinda great, but not amazing or mind blowing. Their biggest weakness lies in their arms, with single swivel hinge elbows and bulky sculpts that make it difficult to two hand swords, and wrists hinges that would've been more effective had they moved up and down instead of in and out. Otherwise they're very solidly articulated figures and can pull of some cool poses. They're also fairly modular, as limbs and parts can pop apart and mix with other figures.

Right now the only way to get them is mainly ebay (don't do this) or possibly BBTS (only do this if desperate). More figures will go up for sale, including a group of 10 or so of the more popular characters, as well as tons of new ones being revealed over the past few days.

Generally speaking, the initial sale will be a timed pre-order, usually running for a few weeks, where you can order as many of the figures they have available as you want without worry of them selling out. They take payment up front, including shipping, as these figures are essentially made to order. From there the figures will go into production and it'll be a good 6-8 month wait before they actually get released. When they are released, any extra figures produced will go up for sale again on the store, but these will be limited in quantity and sell out fast.

Just check their website or facebook (or here) for an update on when the next sale goes up. They're showing off the next wave of new figures, and previous waves should be going up for sale within a few weeks. There's also another full Kickstarter planned sometime this winter featuring characters with new parts and builds.
>>
>>5781099
I think they're all painted plastic, which is kind of surprising as the whole point of the Legion Builders was that they were lower priced figures due to having little/less paint.
>>
That sucks. raw metallic plastic would have been much cooler.
>>
>>5781125

They are.

Ignatius had raw primsatic white with great paint apps for his armor.
>>
>>5781155
"they are" what? raw or painted?
>>
File: image-363723-original.jpg (102 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image-363723-original.jpg
102 KB, 540x720
The bat wings on the banner is a nice touch, just not sure how I feel about the purple. Guess they were going for a reverse Templar theme, but I feel red or white would've worked much better.
>>
>>5781260
Dude... That guy is rad as hell.
>>5775857
Well now I feel like I fucked up buying Owain...
>>
>>5781158

read my post

Raw prismatic white plastic with pain apps where necessary (gold/purple.)

It's a mix but the gist of all the armor is in molded metallic plastic
>>
>>5781260

purple makes me moist
>>
>>5781260
Thank Jeebus this guy is not catching my eye, I can't afford anymore as it is and I HAVE to get a Poison Skeleton
>>
>>5781260

You know what...give him an orange cape, and he's an awesome Halloween knight.
>>
>>5781260
I guess I got my Purple knight, Kind of?
>>
>Our current plan is to start pre-orders just before the beginning of the 2016 San Diego Comic Con
But why?
>>
>>5781260
Not wild about that helmet, was kind of hoping for a bat-winged Evil helmet, but still a cool figure that I might get
>>
>>5781557
Bucket helm is pretty typical of the Black Knight, no? Either way, I like it because personally I like to have the great helm be unique to Gorgo.

Ok, so do we know what's going up with the 1.75 preorders? Is it just the Legion Builder silver knight, bronze dwarf, and standard skeleton? No news if the all star wave will be at the same time, right?
>>
>>5781517

Yeah I agree it's kinda too soon. Wave 1 just hit. They should give us a little time between.

Plus people are going to be splurging on SDCC exclusives when these go up for sale.
>>
>>5781260
Is this the black knight??

Man this is...not what I expected.
>>
>>5781745
Yes it is. What were you expecting?
>>
>>5781760
>>5781745
not him, but i was expecting something more original.
>>
>>5781760
I guess something more edgy, his helmet just looks goofy too.

Something like the blood knight, except, you know, black.
>>
Wait a momment... wave 1.75 Incoming, and in the wave 2.0 will be the one with the female figures?
>>
File: monty-python-black-knight.jpg (78 KB, 837x657) Image search: [Google]
monty-python-black-knight.jpg
78 KB, 837x657
>>5781260
Meh, looks like shit. I like the red eye touch, but that's it.

Purple is a mistake. It would be better off if it's red to make the classic tried and true edgy black-red color combination, or maybe plain silver/rusted silver to make him more subdued and plain. The head ornament also looks pretty goofy. He looks like a flaming edgelord faggot, rather than a dangerous black knight.

It might not be too late to complain about him and make him at least black and red instead of black and purple
>>
>>5782101
Head ornaments are removable for all figures. So thats an unwarranted complaint.

I like the colors but mostly because black and red is so overdone.
>>
>>5782209
>So thats an unwarranted complaint.
I know they're removable, but the the complaint is still warranted because the ornament looks bad. Just because the piece is removable, doesn't mean that it is exempt from criticism.

For example, a Batman figure with removable cape has shit cape, whether it's due to paint, engineering, limiting articulation or what have you. Should the cape be exempt from criticism because you can remove it?
>>
>>5782239
My assumption was that you weren't aware they were removable, thus if you didn't like it, you could remove.

But hey. Whateva. I love it. Gonna buy two.
>>
>>5781260
I'm 50/50 on this.
>>
>>5781260
I would have changed the neck part and the feet with the other regular knight armor pieces because I feel like this is too many spikes
>>
>>5781587
>Plus people are going to be splurging on SDCC exclusives when these go up for sale.
Yeah, I've got two alone that is already over $200 and there's another half dozen I'll be looking to get. At this rate I'll skim the Mythic sale for a couple and hope for a 2nd round of orders posted when they come in
>>
>>5782101
Yeah I agree, this just does not say black knight to me. Screams grape soda honestly, hell hes not even black, just like a metal grey.

The purple looks retarded too, really really poor choice of colors.
>>
>>5781517
>>5781587
>>5782390
Because they're going to be showing these off at SDCC and they want to have products available for people to order immediately.

It would be stupid of them to not use SDCC as a marketing opportunity.
>>
>>5782376
But then it'll just be a painted black bucket helmet Knight which is even more underwhelming.

They really need to come up with new sculpt, as I said the 1.75 mix and match starts to become like Hasbro hero masher tier. Even the old Scarabuses come with newly sculpted mask on every variants. The 1.5 wave at least came with great looking deluxe trolls. So far I'm only eyeing the Knight builder and Shadow Minotaur
>>
STILL no Mythic Legions in the mail

Jesus FUCK
WHERE
ARE
THEY
>>
>>5782519
I preordered Eagalus rerelease last November and still nuffin. Don't get yer hopes up
>>
>>5782527
They've had them at the warehouse for months now though, unlike the birds.
>>
File: 1444511683313.png (166 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
1444511683313.png
166 KB, 500x301
>>5781260
Makes me want knights with Castle Crashers colors.
>>
>>5782101
>Purple is a mistake. It would be better off if it's red to make the classic tried and true edgy black-red color combination, or maybe plain silver/rusted silver to make him more subdued and plain.

I agree about the purple, though I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker for me (a darker shade of purple would be nice though). I feel the design should've been either dirty white or silverish, A color that wouldn't contrast so sharply against the figure. I mean, purple, black and silver IS a common color scheme, but I don't feel it works on this figure. If the emblem was white instead of purple, it would add to his ominous appearance and make the emblem on his chest resemble a rib cage to give him that extra bit of intimidation.

I'm still on the fence about getting him, but his colors could use a good tweaking.

>>5782500
New sculpts are coming in the next KS. Wave 1.75 is a literal last minute filler wave based on fan requests and delayed Troll production.

>>5782519
When did you order them? If it was during the KS, all those orders were shipped so that might mean there's a problem with yours. If it was just after the KS, those orders are shipping now, and should arrive within the next few weeks. If it was the most recent pre-order, then you still have a while to wait as those will be the last figures they ship out.

>>5782527
The wave 2 birds were always set to come out in the summer so I don't know what you were expecting. They've already mentioned the birds should arrive sometime this summer so they're still on schedule.

That said, I feel they should wait a bit more before launching 1.75, but I can see them wanting figures available to buy as they hype the line at SDCC. It would be kind of silly to go all "these are the toys we make!" and not give these now excited fans the ability to throw money at them.
>>
>>5782648
They could have done the Best Of pre-order going into SDCC and then 1.75 in September.
>>
>>5782519

I hope you never get them.
>>
>>5782675
The All Stars are supposed to go up for sale the same time as the 1.75 wave so all the figures go into production at the same time. This is even more of an incentive for the 4H to start the sale at SDCC cause they can sell figures they have in hand as well as the next wave.

There's also a possibility of them adding Trolls to the pre-order period for those who missed the first one.
>>
>>5782648
It was during the most recent pre order. I guess im just surprised that its been over two months and they still havent shipped them. That just seems like a hell of a long time to through some figures in a box and smack a label on it.
>>
>>5782878
There were over 20,000 figures delivered to the 4H and many other pre-orders made long before that last one. They're all being sent out in order of when they were bought so those who bought figures in the last sale will have to wait.

It took a month and a half just to ship out the Kickstarter orders, the first pre-order numbers are probably just as high. I wouldn't expect delivery of the last order until either the end of this month or the start of next month.
>>
>>5781260
>>5777263
1.75 has been meh so far aside from these two. Which I guess will be a good thing for my wallet.
>>
>>5783586
I kind of agree, though it's funny because a lot of these characters are based on fan requests. The Knight Builder and Templar Legion figure were two things people have constantly asked for, the green skeleton was an idea people wanted so they could make Skeletor Customs (to go with Unkann), and the Forest and Black knights are incredibly similar to fan mock-ups people posted on the 4H forums. Hell, the Black Bull is a homage to one of their older minotaur figures as well. The only really original character here is the Barbarian knight, and he seems to be the least popular one. There's a lot of good ideas here, but the execution is just slightly off on a lot of em.

I mean, they're still gonna be fantastic figures in hand, but there just isn't enough new part mixing here to make these figures stand out.
>>
>>5768650

>Creatureplica

These guys live in my home town apparently, which is pretty cool considering we are a town of 6000 in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. I never knew until recently though, I should go try to meet up with them or something.
>>
>>5784168
I think the Knight Builder and Templer Builder are pretty good, also the Shadow Orc.

If the Templer Builder is only 21 thats pretty good bang for your buck they got going on.

The biggest issue I feel is that the character are not original, sculpting wise. The Forest Knight is obviously going for a Saytr look, but its literally just a brown Knight with Hooves thrown on it, and a helm with antlers attached instead of actually having "real" antlers.

Dont even get me started on the black knight.
>>
>>5784174
Thats rad as hell anon, meet up with them and get the inside scoop for the next wave. I wanna know what else is coming besides the Alien and Wendigo.
>>
>>5784193
We all knew 1.7 wasn't going to have new sculpts.
If that's what you want you're better holding on to your money for 2 when the real shit show begins.
>>
>>5784215
I think it's pretty funny how people are complaining about this when we all knew there were no new parts.
>>
>>5784215
>>5784273
Thats exactly my point though. We got characters that fans wanted, but instead of doing it in 2.0 they just reused parts from wave 1.
>>
>>5784273
Yea, considering this is a last minute, fan based filler wave, I was well aware there weren't going to be any new parts. In fact them packing the Knight Builder and the Black Knight with the Dragon helm topper was a nice surprise.

My issue isn't with the lack of new parts, but the lack of new mixtures of their old pieces. The Poison Skeleton and Black Knight are good examples of old parts being used in new ways, no figure from the previous waves had those exact builds, even the Forest Knight to an extent is something different. The Knight Builder and Templar get a pass because one is a mix-and-match set with tons of less used pieces and the other is a legion builder designed after a specific character. But the Orc, Minotaur and especially Barbarian Knight are all kind of dull in their part make up. The Minotaur is near the exact same build as Asterionn, only with a new loin piece and pauldrons. Why not give him armored arms or something? I'm not sure what they could've done to make the Orc's build unique, but as is he's just a dark colored Urkku.

But the biggest issue is for me the Barbarian Knight, there are tons of things that could be done to make him a stand out figure. First off, using the non-spiked gloves/boots with the bare torso as that has yet to be done. Or maybe fully armored thighs with an unarmored torso and arms. Hell, they could've made him a bare chested Dwarf and that still would've been something different. The idea of a Brutish Knight-turned-rebel is a great one imo, but they just didn't do enough to make him as unique a figure as they really could've.

And the Satyr Knight should've had bare arms with a furry paint scheme at the very least.

The sad part is...I would still buy em all if I could afford to, because even the most "uninteresting" 4H figure is still a pretty cool toy.
>>
>>5784416
Because many of these were ideas the fans thought up based on the wave 1 parts. Wave 2 will have entirely new molds, including multiple brand new builds and hopefully see very little reuse from wave 1.

It's not the lack of potential that hurt 1.75, it's the uninteresting execution.
>>
>>5784426
>It's not the lack of potential that hurt 1.75, it's the uninteresting execution.

This.

At the very least they should've released the short bio excerpt on these characters just to mitigate people seeing through the part reuse. A short character bio goes a very long way towards making chimera hero mashers characters a bit more coherent.

Why is the black bull carying a mage staff rather than a more bruthish weapon? What's the lore on the Templar Knight? What species is the forest knight supposed to be? Why is the shadow orc black while other orcs are green?

Even with the explanation though, I find that the black knight to be underwhelming. Does anyone know how much does the 4H group listen and monitor their official forum? How is the reception there? I've been wanting a true dark knight for such a long time and the grape soda Mt.Dew pitch black color scheme is unfortunate.
>>
File: corrupted knight_zps4pryuvxa.jpg (242 KB, 680x682) Image search: [Google]
corrupted knight_zps4pryuvxa.jpg
242 KB, 680x682
>>5784896
>Does anyone know how much does the 4H group listen and monitor their official forum? How is the reception there?

Pic related was a concept piece posted on their forums during the first KS. The Forest Knight had a similar concept piece (a knight with the Great Helm, antlers, cloth loin skirt and hooves) posted during the KS as well. The Templar Legion builder was something people on the forums repeatedly requested ever since Godfrey was revealed in 1.5. As was the Knight Builder, which has been requested since the Barbarian Builder was shown off during the original KS. Hell, the Barbarian Builder himself came about due to how close the original Fan Ex voting was between a Blood Knight and Viking Warrior character. The Blood Knight (obviously) won out, but the fans were so vocal, the 4H released a modified version of the runner up as well.

The 4H are VERY responsive to their fanbase, and will often change things if there's enough demand from their followers.

As for the reactions on the forums, it's essentially a mixed bag with many people feeling the same way. The purple just isn't a popular choice. The only real comment I know of from the 4H is their claim that the purple looks better in person. Seeing how Ignatius and Carpathius are both afflicted by this same issue, I'm inclined to believe them. Though I still would prefer a faded white emblem over the purple one.
>>
>>5784987
Why the hell is this not the Black Knight? What the fuck 4H?
>>
File: 1468023760332.jpg (112 KB, 538x712) Image search: [Google]
1468023760332.jpg
112 KB, 538x712
>>5784987
This looks fucking amazing.

Do they say anything about why they changed the skelly shield and chain emblem into random purple stripes? I might just make an account on their forum and jump on the bandwagon so we might get the concept art rather than grape soda knight
>>
>>5785049
It's not concept art, it's a mock up made by a fan. Meaning the 4H didn't create the original image and probably couldn't use it anyway. That said, the only real difference is the emblem and it's color, so they were clearly inspired by it.

The cross they used is essentially the Maronite Cross, the symbol of a sect of the Catholic Church who lived within Muslim lands and eventually rejoined with the rest of the Catholic church during the Crusades. Basically, the Black Knight is supposed to be a Dark Templar of sorts, and the cross they used is a historical reference to this. The color however was done entirely of their own accord.
>>
Is the templar knight builder gonna be like premium builder aka barbarian/orc/knight builder or it'll be the cheapo silver/gold knight builder type?

They have surprisingly a lot of paint and accessories to be the silver knight builder tier
>>
>>5785180
Not quite that tier but I'm not sure if it'll be full priced either. It has noticeably fewer paint apps than the regular ones. It does however come with a banner on top of 3 weapons. I'd say high 20s or low 30s.
>>
>>5785180
It'll probably be closer to the Orc Legion builder, which was $22-25, more expensive then the cheaper silver/gold knights, but cheaper then the main characters.
>>
>>5785319
I could live with that
>>
How much for shipping to Europe?
>>
>>5785537
Depending on the package size around 20 to 30 USD.
>>
>they still haven't arrived

Just fuck my kickstarter up desu. God this is taking so long it doesn't even want to make me buy from them again.
>>
>>5786050
I've had mine so long I just had to dust them. Feels SO good... [tweaks nipples]
>>
>>5786050
It is borderline incompetence now for the 4H, and faggots in these threads just lap their dicks
>>
>>5786154
They're alright if you're KS backer and pay $35 each, but yeah. The studio incompetence, plus the scalped aftermarket value on these figures, plus extra delusional cucksucking fanbase that defend the studio at every turn ain't worth it.
>>
>>5786160
>>5786154

Please continue to make shit up, it's hysterical. "Figures never arriving" is especially laughable.
>>
>>5786050

Frankly I hope you dont. Means the people that actually want them will get them.

All while you cry and bitch about missing out later
>>
>>5786199
It IS taking probably too long to get these all out, though people are getting them so he isn't wrong when he says they will eventually be received.

>>5786177
As above, I agree with the never arriving being stupid, but to be fair, if paint chipping on my Attlus occurs I will be pretty upset. In between the joints, fine, but it shouldn't happen elsewhere unless I literally scratch the figure with something. And that's the range of the figures, 90ยบ isn't awful, and though he's using it as a negative it isn't all that bad so worry not about it.
>>
>>5786177
I never said on my post they were never arriving.

I was saying this delay is a bit ridiculous for people who backed up the kickstarter and haven't received didly shit.
>>
>>5786050
As a backer? Or a later preorder?
>>
>>5786220
>I was saying this delay is a bit ridiculous for people who backed up the kickstarter and haven't received didly shit.

Are you a KS backer who haven't received your order? Then something went wrong and you need to contact 4H. All the KS backer should receive their shit by now.

I'm a KS backer and have additional PO orders. What I'm lamenting is that these people are too incompetent to combine my KS backer order from additional PO order. On top of that the utter incompetence in warehouse management and shipping the items out. There's an ongoing revolt on 4H forum lighting fire under their butt of not charging 1.75 preorder before all 1.0 stuff ships, I strongly encourage people here to join the official forum and complain there. Pic related. Fuck them for trying to charge Birds re-release, ML 1.0, ML 1.5 and now ML 1.75 with nothing but dick that ships to us.

Also there's a fan poll on the recolor of black knight
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1493
>>
>>5768650
I need the Templar Knight for my Brexit collection
>>
File: 1626607-38.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1626607-38.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>>5777263
>>
>>5786295
>likely it's all one person
Fuck if that's even possibly true I could see these never getting shipped out, I can't even fucking imagine what that one worker has to do every day
>>
>>5786220
All Kickstarter orders have been shipped. What people are waiting for now are pre-orders, which were always scheduled to arrive late spring/early summer. Now due to delays caused by USPS and FedEx, the KS orders were shipped out late. That means everything else will go out late.

At this point, the first Storehorsemen pre-orders are about a monthish late. All things considered, that's not a reason to bitch.

>>5786295
I've read and posted in that thread too. It's no where near a revolt and there are tons of people who DON'T want the 1.75 preorders to be delayed. Myself included.

Currently I have figures ordered from the birds, 1.5 and the most recent pre-order. ALL of those purchases were done with the knowledge it would be a long wait and all of those orders were placed KNOWING they couldn't be combined. They were very clear on both those points, so if you have issues with that then why did you purchase the figures in the first place? When you actually take the effort to look at their estimated delivery dates and see the actual dates, the delays are not that egregious. They had many unexpected issues with shipping that were beyond their control and they're paying for them out of pocket. If their business methods are that offensive to you, then stop buying from them directly and buy from BBTS.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.