[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Selling stuff at a Yard Sale / Market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: yardsaletoys.jpg (49 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
yardsaletoys.jpg
49 KB, 300x200
Have people had experience selling excess stuff at yard sales / flea markets?

Thinking of getting rid of my parents extra stuff and some of my old toys that aren't worth much with a yard sale.

There is a techie flea market I have gone to that I keep meaning to get a table at. I think some of my better items would work there. Plus some of my dad's old engineering stuff would be good to sell there instead of just junking.

Plus, for really non-collectable toys, there are a couple charities that do take used toys. I even found some baby and toddler stuff in decent shape that I can give there.
>>
Yard sales, you're going to get swap meet people. They'll cut you as low as possible so they can resell at swap meets. Especially stuff like toys.
>>
Meh. Yeah. I figured that. Maybe clear out some junk my dad has.

Thing with online is dealing with shipping to strangers and the post office. I have friends who ebay and craigslist all the time, but it sometimes seems like a hassle for them.

Another idea is to have a local comic guy I am friends with as a middleman and have him consign stuff for a cut. Maybe even just make a book of stuff I'm selling that his customers can go through. Dunno if he has room in his store for some of the stuff I want to move.
>>
You're gonna waste a weekend dealing with the worst people in the world to get not anywhere near enough money to make it worth it.
>>
>>5768551
I mean, selling online is easy as shit now. You can purchase and print out the label at home, drop the package off at a box or designated building, schedule a pickup, or just give it to the mailman when they come by (which they do EVERY business day). The most demanding part is packing, which is basically just some bubble wrap and a taped up box.
>>
>>5768580
This.

Back before I had a regular comic shop to patronize, I used to buy a fair amount of toys at the flea market. I started selling, a few weekends between April and September, around 2010. For awhile, it worked, I'd sell maybe $80 worth of stuff and clear out some clutter in my collection.

But in the last two years, forget about it. If it costs a nickel over $5, it won't sell. It's like eBay best offer, except even more people think it's cute to offer 1/3 of retail as if that's doing you a favor.

>>5768551
>consignment
Man, I hope your comic guy makes a better offer than mine did. When I was looking to bail on toy sales, I could get a shelf in his shop...for 50% of each sale and no responsibility if something was damaged/stolen. I was willing to go as high as 25% (still losing money), but I would, seriously, be better off destroying everything for a tax loss than pay 50% commission.
>>
>>5768447
they are good for selling low value items just not anything over $20
>>
>>5768467
Just like the BST.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.