[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst impulse buy you've ever made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 600x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 600x435
The $19 I threw on the garbage for this shit feels like a fortune
>>
>>5767059
What were you expecting? It's a giant headed chibi cat with matchstick limbs. It stands there, looks cute, and does some rudimentary posing. I really am interested in what you thought you were getting.
>>
>>5767070
Idk, I was expecting a more quality feel to it. It feels so disposable
>>
First impulse purchase: Tomoko nendoroid, I liked the show and all but only got it because I thought the faceplates were hilarious and would be fun to mess around with, turned out I didn't really give a fuck about swapping parts that much. Ended up selling her for more than I got her so it wasn't that bad

Also bought a few accessories like chairs and teacups, and tiny swords because I thought they'd be fun to mess around with too, but the same happened and I ended up not caring.

Basically never buy a figure for its accessories.
>>
File: 10343830.jpg (59 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
10343830.jpg
59 KB, 300x300
>>5767059
The 60 or so odd dollars I spent on this.
If I wanted something that required a lot of labor I would've dropped 18 bucks on a gunpla I liked or something.
>>
>>5767204
This happened to me with little armory guns, I got fed up with all the little parts from a rifle and just threw it away
>>
>>5767224
Ugh, this.

It's not a horrible figure, but after how great I heard Shamrock and Clover both were, all the QC issues were a huge disappointment.
>>
literally every figma i've ever bought. seven cute girls and guts.

also every robot damashii i've ever bought and i'm starting to feel that way about my legendary seven figuarts`
>>
>>5767237
are those things pre-painted? half the listings for them on HLJ show just grey plastic, the other half show painted.
>>
>>5767407
They released grey variants.
>>
>>5767405
Why?
>>
>>5767224
>lots of labor
>clip one end of one joint, panel line
Wow so hard, might bust a vein there working on that unfinished figure
>>5767237
>buy tiny 1/12 unassembled rifle
>expect the parts to be big somehow
>get so frustrated with hand work that you throw it away.

This is like hamhands on Downs syndrome.
>>
>>5767407
No, they are like any model kits, require a bit of seam welding and paint to look as good as possible.
>>
File: IMG_5486.jpg (794 KB, 2545x1694) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5486.jpg
794 KB, 2545x1694
>>5767544
>seam welding
I've never done any of that with the bandai kits and they usually turn out pretty well. What's they typical method for doing this?
>>
>>5767059
my local chinatown store sold a bunch of old revoltechs for 10$ on clearance a few years ago. Gigantor, some of the getters, a black sea bat thing. it was the greatest bargain ive ever gotten on japanese figures, but i didnt really have fun with them, and only kept like two guys
>>
>>5767358
At first the QC wasn't that big of an issue, but now it seems like every time I pick her up a new joint has become loose. As my first Polynian it has successfully turned me off the line.
>>5767534
Ah yes, thank you for highlighting an issue I didn't have, I'll make sure to call you when I have some conclusions I need someone to jump to.
>>
>>5767224
Man, thank God, and Paypal, that the payment window for Yume expired on me before I could get to pay for it.
Only downside is waiting up to fucking November for the re-release, but at least I can get her a senpai to look up to in the meantime.

I just hope this doesn't hit Daibadi too hard.
The new scarf-wearing boxing robot girl looks great and I hope they can make more crazy designs like that instead of just repaints of the fucking fetish robots.
>>
File: warhammer 40,000.jpg (245 KB, 976x600) Image search: [Google]
warhammer 40,000.jpg
245 KB, 976x600
>>5767553
putty and sanding.
plastic cement, the kind that melts plastic, and sanding.
super glue and baking soda, and sanding.

Only method that doesn't require sanding is using overly thick paints and not giving a shit.
>>
This piece of shit, last year. Thankfully I learned my lesson and never made an impulse buy again.
>>
File: IMG_20160105_160810.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2336) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160105_160810.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2336
probably these. as you can tell by pic, there is fuck all you can do with them. I wasnt expecting a lot of articulation but whatever articulation they had was SHIT. Arms move forwards and a little back, head tilts a MINISCULE amount.

theyre cute but a waste of money.
>>
>>5768865
didn't you realize that after the first one? Why continue buying them?
>>
I once bought a Bearbrick box.
>>
Nanoblock figure.
these lil bricks become loose after one assembling, what a cheap crap for the price
>>
>>5769242
They came as a set, if I remember correctly. OP probably preordered two or three sets at once, then got them and realized their limitations.
>>
Figma Mikasa and Eren. They're not bad figures by any stretch of the imagination but I only really got them after I binge-watched Shingeki no Kyojin. They're super fiddly to pose when they have the 3D Manoeuvre Gear on and they take up loads of shelf space. I got 'em for about £40 each which didn't seem unreasonable given the sheer amount of stuff in the box, but I still kinda regret it. I've got them packed away, I'll probably sell them.
>>
File: look guys, no thighs.jpg (137 KB, 745x784) Image search: [Google]
look guys, no thighs.jpg
137 KB, 745x784
I should've bought Wreckage. Though now I have a base for trying to make an Obsidian so not all is lost I guess.

What a piece of shit.
>>
>>5769725
>shitting on one of the best heliformers
>>
>>5767059
The original Strength nendo.
I had a few BRS figma's but zero nendo's, basically my first and last
>>
>>5769753
You only like the helmet.
Tomahawk is fucking shit.
>>
File: IMG_20160105_155313.jpg (3 MB, 2336x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160105_155313.jpg
3 MB, 2336x4160
>>5769242
>>5769369
I bought a complete set. You could buy them in separate groups or all together and get the limited edition one as well.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.