[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meanwhile on bizarro /toy/...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 17
File: bizzaro_world.jpg (111 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
bizzaro_world.jpg
111 KB, 650x365
Meanwhile on bizarro /toy/...
>>
Man these NECA toys are really well built. They don't fall apart right out of the box like those shitty SHF toys.
>>
Mattel should be crowned company of the year for their amazing Batman vs Superman toyline
>>
Action figures needs less articulation and less sculpting. They should all just be Funko Pops.
>>
I'm glad that we can also discuss Bionicle/CCBS on /lg/
>>
It doesn't matter if it's Hasbro or Takara, I love all lines and series of the Transformers franchise! Everything is great!
>>
File: thirteen.png (2 MB, 1004x675) Image search: [Google]
thirteen.png
2 MB, 1004x675
>>5766188
This figure has too many joints, it almost actually can I see the silhouette of the character instead of being this amazing skinny figure with billions of joints. it's more important that to figure have testicular tilt joints than resemble the actual character
>>
Does anyone know when the next Jinarts will be released? I heard the Wondercon release's red paint has Jin's actual blood in it! The white paint has...well...look it's going to be exclusive. That's the only reason I want it.
>>
>>5766207
Agreed. Although I think Hasbro's higher paintjob quality and better QC beats Takara's flatter paintjobs sometimes
>>
>>5766210
>resemblance to the character
>mattering at all
>>
I still can't believe Layton, Vash, Melona and Yotsuba won the Revoltech poll. So hyped for rereleases.
>>
File: 1455843242520.jpg (464 KB, 584x788) Image search: [Google]
1455843242520.jpg
464 KB, 584x788
You know who I really miss, Jin. it was the best thing that ever happened to this board. It's a shame he died rescuing all those orphans from a fire. He was delivering them all of those custom figures for Christmas
>>
Hey, somebody start the next Star Wars General, we hit the bump limit with that really well thought out and civil discussion on Hasbro vs SHF.
>>
File: arnval_mk_2_by_evanngeo-d6eb4fi.png (295 KB, 1024x639) Image search: [Google]
arnval_mk_2_by_evanngeo-d6eb4fi.png
295 KB, 1024x639
figma is a dead line, they haven't release a figure in 3 years
Luckily we have the Busou Shinki line that have announced their 600 figure for PO, a camo recolor of Arnval!!
Go check it in the Planelegs' blog
>>
Hasbro is fucking shit and anyone that buys their products shouldn't be allowed to consider themselves toy collectors.
>>
>>5766225
Seibertron has been a really great site ever since FrenzyRumble took over.
>>
>>5766225
why the DA chaplin photo
>>
>>5766235
FrenzyRumble? The guy who makes custom Unicrons using Combiner Wars crotches? Totally awesome guy.
>>
>>5766252
Because I don't really collect toys anymore but play 40K instead and it was all I had on my phone to shitpost with on the way to Krogers at midnight
>>
>>5766233
Hi Walky! Nice of you to visit from the allspark! I got the BMOGs I ordered btw
>>
It's amazing how well adjusted Transformer collectors are, truly the are a bright spot in society.
>>
where do you guys store all your figma accessories? i'm running out of room over here
>>
I love Funko Pops, they're fantastic in every way! Funko is hands down the best toy company, with the best quality control out there.
>>
Ratchet and Clank toys are high quality and found in an abundance!
>>
Can someone help? I was just on the phone with a bigshot fund manager, a cabal of billionaires is planning on investing in my three-shelf MiSB Bayformers collection.
>>
>>5766215
I agree completely, and may I say you seem to be a person of impeccable cognitive faculties who doesn't appear to suffer from a developmental disorder that effects your communication and social interaction skills.
>>
>>5766231
Hoo boy, I sure love Shinkies!
They look great out of the box. Those faces are so well made, they make other toy's faces look like bootlegs by comparison!
My favourite part is the booty of course, so round, and no gaps to be seen, man, Konami are masters of the craft.

:/7)
>>
>>5766210
Subjectanon, how great it is to see you! Always offering insightful discussion, it's a please to have you here.
>>
>>5766297
Aren't you glad the line is so popular and well recieved? This line will be going strong for years to come!
>>
I really wish Tamashii would scale back on the accessory count in modern figures releases. Or just put them in their premium shop, they rarely use that anymore.
>>
>>453722888292200485757556743920
You know what Anon?
I just don't care for that figure. I know you like it, but it never really caught my interest/ But if you like it, that's what's important, because you paid for it. Maybe someday they'll put out a version I like.

>>453722888292200485757556743936
That's an interesting photo you've posted. Do you mind if I give you a couple of tips?
1) Next time try to pull the camera back a bit. You're a little bit too close and it's throwing off the focus.
2) maybe try with just the room light. The flash is washing out the detail.
3) the pose is a bit...well, I hate to say it, dull. Have a look at some action poses to get an idea of what a jumping person looks like. you might get some ideas as to how to make your poses lifelike and fluid. But for a newbie, that's OK. Everybody has to start somewhere.

>>453722888292200485757556743940
Hi Greg. Glad to see you're back. You've improved quite a bit over the last few months, the treatments seem to be working. Hang in there buddy, I'm praying for you.

>>453722888292200485757556743966
No problem M8. If you like SAL, More power to ya. I just don't care for the wait time.

>>453722888292200485757556743975
Man. That Wii custom looks like shit. Seriously. Did you use your ass cheeks to put it together? You suck. You should kill yourself. If there's a Bizzaro Bizzaro World /toy/, it would still look like ass. There's not one alternate reality where that thing could even remotely be called "good".

>>453722888292200485757556743001
Wow, subjectanon. You look very pretty. Beauty AND brains. A rare combination.Say, I know this is very forward of me, but I'd really like to meet you IRL.
>>
File: 1464425406810.jpg (54 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1464425406810.jpg
54 KB, 960x720
(if it's bizarro third party, is the quality worse off or is the pricing cheaper?)
>>
Wow, sure is great how much the yen's weakened this year! 150 yen to 1 USD and it's getting better every day...what a time to collect toys!

;_;
>>
>>5766416
(It be both that as well as the main stream, while factory toys from a publisher would be better quality but costly and more limited product runs)
(Also 3rd party would be by majority GI joe shit with a few Kick starters for TF projects)
>>
File: forkrul assail.jpg (94 KB, 900x615) Image search: [Google]
forkrul assail.jpg
94 KB, 900x615
>>5766210
>This figure has too many joints, it almost actually can I see the silhouette of the character instead of being this amazing skinny figure with billions of joints. it's more important that to figure have testicular tilt joints than resemble the actual character
>This figure has too many joints
>see the silhouette of the character
>being this amazing skinny figure with billions of joints
>resemble the actual character
bizarro world is supposed to be opposite land, not no sense land.
>>
You know who doesn't need a Figma?
>>
>Figuarts Mario is selling for $100 aftermarket
>Bandai isn't reissuing it
>>
File: Darkstalkers-Morrigan1.jpg (31 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
Darkstalkers-Morrigan1.jpg
31 KB, 424x600
I hate these things. I know these are the only Darkstalkers toys ever released, but we really need an update already.

and i cant sell them because theyre worth nothing
>>
I hate the hasbro club shop. Why do I need to order a WHOLE YEAR sub just to get brown wolverine?

I get that he's not that popular but shit someone has got to love that guy he only shows up in on x-man book after all.
>>
>>5766204
bro just make a new thread whenever you want to talk about a lego or a bionicle.
we could do with more of them if im honest friend
>>
>>5766221
[Regular /toy/: Oh, fuck, are you honestly telling me Melona didn't won the poll? Which ones got elected? I was really hoping for her release.]
>>
File: 1385634749698.gif (2 MB, 400x468) Image search: [Google]
1385634749698.gif
2 MB, 400x468
Know
>>
Here is my saber collection.
I can't wait to have a great discussion about our love for sabers, just like we always do.
>>
>>5766883
I also love how the mods never delete our threads.
>>
>>5766875
If only she would just get something already
>>
Uh, you know that on amazon that toy is $100 shipped? You should raise your prices to match.
>>
Hasbro wins again!
>>
I'm waiting for my 17th PAK to come in the mail, these guys are some of the crown jewels of my collection. I'm glad they're adding so many extra accessories now.

>>5766889
lol it'll never happen
>>
>>5766275
POPs are objectively better than those nasty nendoroids.
>>
>>5766875

>Know

lmao okay this one got me
>>
>>5766768
(Even on Bizzarro World, Darkstalkers has no figures ;_; )
>>
>>5767032
Exactly! Can't wait for Botcon 2017!
>>
File: 1409890256473.jpg (30 KB, 501x327) Image search: [Google]
1409890256473.jpg
30 KB, 501x327
>>5766951
Didn't think they'd make anime figurines great again
>>
I enjoy both toys and the toy collecting community here on 4chan
>>
File: sabre picture.jpg (148 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sabre picture.jpg
148 KB, 800x600
>>5766885
>>5766883
{Wait are LS threads really not allowed?}
>>
I love the bustling 3A general threads here. It's great so see so much interesting discussion on all the awesome figures 3A are shipping out in a timely fashion, and such great QC!
>>
Hasbro had the right idea with the Jem movie franchise by ignoring that geewun crap and going with the black metal reboot. They didn't bow down to SJW pressure by keeping Jem's huge tits intact, and kept the character of Sam Farber, the masturbation rapper in the sequel, even if that scene where he jerked off to a photo of a black man's corpse was highly offensive. Didn't stop Jem II from making $500 mil though! It was clever of Hasbro to include little black stickers to get around the fact they couldn't paint on the swastika tattoo. And last year's SDCC exclusive Jerry Only doll from his cameo in the film was a nice bonus!
>>
Man, I'm so glad we have the ultra-articulated Black Series for our Star Wars needs so we don't have to buy those shitty FIguarts or model kits!
>>
>>5767036
Theyre selling them at Ssor right now you smart face. stop liking opposite genders
>>
>>5766235
Reminds me of how Kira Kira became an Admin at Allspark. The site just keeps getting better by the day!

Also, speaking of Transformers, what do you guys think of TJOmega? I really like his videos.
>>
SHF releases some good school girl action figures.
>>
Marvel Legends are just so much better than those imported figures! The paint is never shit and the plastic is top-notch!
>>
Anyone know of any good sites to order Revell Star Wars kits from? I'm tired of all these shitty bandai kits at my local hobby shop.
>>
I just bought the sexiest statue. Worth every cent. I can't decide how to display her - front on or rotated about an inch.
>>
Wow those 2 foot dolls look like really cute young ladies. I want to buy one so I can brush her wig and tuck her into bed.
>>
>>5767892
Post pics - maybe we can help you decide
>>
>>5766188
>bizzaro_world.jpg
>not image.png
Why is everyone posting on a thread that was obviously not peon.
he is the only one who can make these shit threads
>>
I'm loving the new Figuarts.
They're actually using real paint on them and using touched up 3d face scan to mold their new figures.
It's almost Jazwares quality.
>>
I'm so glad the brought back Hero Factory last year Bionicle should have never happened.
>>
File: thinned POS.jpg (128 KB, 740x555) Image search: [Google]
thinned POS.jpg
128 KB, 740x555
Man look at this piece of shit. seriously man thicken your paints, this just looks like garbage.
also when's the new katoki designed kit coming out, I can't wait, i just wish the arms weren't so ungodly long and i wish we could get at least one decal for the face, but then again dry builds are a mark of perfection.
>>
File: NECA paints a gundam (2).jpg (162 KB, 740x1110) Image search: [Google]
NECA paints a gundam (2).jpg
162 KB, 740x1110
>>5768088
These people shouldnt be alowed to have these things if their just going to fuck them up by painting them.
Why the fuck would anyone want them any other color than plastic grey.
They also take the nubs of, its like they dont even care about nub spikes
>>
Just found this guy at a dollar store, thinking of painting it to look like a iron man
>>
I wish Bandai would make another fucking SHMA Godzilla. We've got, what, three Jet Jaguar repaints already?
>>
I sure am glad that our good friends from /v/ have come to visit and provide insightful discussion to the board. They're so knowledgeable on toys!
>>
I can't take all these figma releases!
I guess they've been made cheaper but geez guys, I can only buy so many different and interesting characters from new and exciting series and underrepresented classics.
>>
Is anybody else worried that NECA's Space Marine figure line is running out of steam?

I mean, I was pretty excited to get the Ultramarines Third Company Chaplain, to go with my Ultramarines Third Company Tac Marine and Ultramarines Fifth Company Chaplain, but I'm worried some people might be getting tired of all the repaints

Oh well, that Contemptor Dreanought sculpt they're teasing on twitter looks amazing. It'll be pricey, but that's a day one pre-order for me.
>>
<6102
<being too poor for mattel and having to settle with hot toys
>MPM

>Anyways what I'm sick of is japan obvious bias when making toys, they only do males from older animes. Ypu try looking for a figure of a recent female character and you can't find a thing.
>>
I would happily pay 3x MSRP for a figure that should be available at my local department store, but is being bought up and resold online across the country. I mean, if it was in my store, then only the people in my area would have access to it, but selling it online the entire world now has access. It is obvious that a great service is being provided and the markup in price is appropriate compensation for that service.
>>
>>5768577
Anyone else here enjoying their Imperial Knight Robot Spirits figure?

I'm really enjoying the easy way you can interchange weapons are armour colours, you buy one Knight and you can use that to make any other one!
>>
Damn this board is so quick its hard to read and reply to all these posts!
>>
>>5767045
I don't know for sure, but a few months ago they would get deleted. Nbd, I only go on here about once a month if that.
>>
File: flipfrog.jpg (10 KB, 273x275) Image search: [Google]
flipfrog.jpg
10 KB, 273x275
WTB these brand new frog flip toy. I cant find them on shelves anywhere. I'll pay 350 for any color, 650 for glow in the dark. I just know once x-mas rolls around these things will be impossible to get.
>>
I like toys.
>>
Toku > non-toku
>>
>>5766957
I bet everybody fucking hates them in some bizarro bizarro toy
>>
Damn, these S.H.Figuarts are so shitty. I wish we would get everything as Revoltechs instead.
>>
>>5768712
That;s because Greg, or Peon/Vince was trolling by posting a ton of them at the same time.
>>
>>5766957
Lol you wish i've got like all 25 of my favorite nendoroids already. Like you'll never see my room caught dead with any of those POP you dweeb, those are only for weebs with too much money on their hands. ;v)
>>
Did you guys know there are people who actually take figures out of their boxes? Who the fuck does that?
>>
Man can't wait for another Monsterarts Godzilla, hope it's another Heisei version.
>>
>>5770329
Leaving them in the box makes them lose value, you fucking speg.
>>
>>5770354
Yeh well don't get your hopes up, it's gonna be another fucking gamera. Bet it's just a fully on fire gamera from g3... saving that yen using the same mold.
>>
I'm looking forward to the 76th annual hunger games, myself.
>>
>>5766404

Though you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I respectfully disagree. On the other hand, I can understand how someone might like something that I don't like.
>>
Wow, we got through a whole thread devoted to girls toys without a single person posting "you better all be girls and not faggots".
>>
Jesus, and i the only Guy in this thread?
why is this place crawling with so many girls nowadays
>>
>>5774272
What are you talking about, anon? Along with /lgc/ and maybe /tbgl/ and /cos/, /yot/ is one of the boards with the lowest amount of girls on chan4. Fortunately, our efficient janitors keep the faces of /toy/ thread alive and protected from shitposting, so you can go and check it by yourself.

Also, because is a very relevant aspect to toy collection, we always bring our genders on every other discussion, I'm surprised you haven't noticed it.

((For real, anon, we do have a lot of girls hanging around. Don't get your hopes up, we may be like 2:5 girls to guys, but in average in others boards is like 1:5 or even lower))
>>
>>5766204
Thats what /biog/ is for though.

I like Bionicle having it's own thread so I can read about the line I care about without having to sift through Chima and Ninjago shit.
>>
>>5776017
>Remembers what thread this is.

I'm fucking stupid
>>
I can't believe old /toy/ never had giveaways like we do now. But we're still known as a the nicest board on 4chan for a reason!
>>
Preordered those next two Yu Yu Haksuho SHFs! I'm so happy somebody decided to give that series a full treatment. Not only have we gotten the main characters already, but we're halfway through the major side characters and baddies!

>tfw next up is 1:1 scaled Toguro 100% and he's not a Tamashii Exclusive

It's just like when they released that SHF Char. Bandai's so timely about everything and so wonderful about delivering on all their prototypes.
>>
I really enjoy my hobby and everyone on toy. I'm glad we all agree that different toy lines and opinions are subjective. Also I'm glad I can post the occasional statue and not get banned. This is awesome!
>>
>>5766951
>Hasbro
Cheap garbage compared to the stuff Mattel is putting out.
>>
Lego closed their doors today. I figured going public would save the company. They were making all Shrek and Avatar sets. Even the matrix and terminator stuff didn't save the company. When they did the pet brick, the pet rock parody, figured that would get hipsters to buy it. Lego is done, I already see people dumping them in the trash or on the sidewalk for free. People are paying garbage companies to haul away all these unwanted legos.
>>
>>5766188
My favorite character just got a new figure, with massive amounts of articulation and accessories!

And it's only $10.99!
>>
>>5777010
Mine too! And in just the right scale to fit in with everything else i have from that franchise.
>>
Man, I miss Planelegs' comics. It's still so endearing to see how he'd spoil and love on his Shinkis and Nendos. I can only hope to be as good of a masuta to my Shinkis as him.
>>
>>5777456
Kill yourself
>>
File: image.png (283 KB, 370x260) Image search: [Google]
image.png
283 KB, 370x260
>>5768622
>>
>>5777050
im just glad i got every character of the series all at the same time
i know some guys who bought a few from the local chinese cartoon store (who were overstocked with them) and is selling me for non profits on ebay
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.