[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with this thing? I don't see preorders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11
File: 20150804143121_66482.jpg (46 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
20150804143121_66482.jpg
46 KB, 640x960
What's the deal with this thing? I don't see preorders for it anywhere else but deep internet sites and ebay, and those list it's release as like august. Anyone have any more information about it?
>>
>>5763136
>>
File: spd_2015080500222_b.jpg (51 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
spd_2015080500222_b.jpg
51 KB, 640x960
>>
>>5763136
Word is that they're really good, at least from the ones released so far. Equivalent to/slightly better than Hot Toys Iron Man figures at 3/4 the size.

I'm waiting for a design I care about more than the 42/43 or the other Iron Man 3 suits to become readily available, then I'm going to take the plunge for myself.

As it stands, they only have the license for China, so your best bet to get hold of these is local sellers in Hong Kong.
>>
File: mark 3 2.jpg (96 KB, 578x825) Image search: [Google]
mark 3 2.jpg
96 KB, 578x825
>>5764245
That explains a lot. Hope I don't have too pay too much out the ass in distributor and shipping fees.
>>
>>5763136
>>5764245
>>5764254
BBTS has them. Search "king arts" and they'll come up.

Personally I'd have ponied up the $200 and bought some of them if they were 1/10th and could look alright with Marvel Select figures, because they look absolutely beautiful from the promo shots. But they're just too big and nothing works with them. Maybe PAKs? But who the hell even buys PAKs?
>>
File: mark 3 1.jpg (80 KB, 391x825) Image search: [Google]
mark 3 1.jpg
80 KB, 391x825
>>5764286
See I don't really have a very big or extensive collection, so scale doesn't mean a shit to me. But Hot Toys were always just a little bit out of my comfort zone of price and scale, so discovering these was great- little bit smaller than cheaper than HTs, and they seem to have a bunch more play with poseability and accessories while still felling very robust.
>>
>>5764293
>so scale doesn't mean a shit to me
I envy you, honestly. When I got back into the collecting hobby as an adult I would buy things without thinking about how they looked together. But when you get to the 50+ mark it almost becomes a requirement to have at least a few things match up. Maybe it's just me and my autism, though.

If you have a small and lean collection of like 10 toys, these would be great figures to get by the looks of it.
>>
>>5764297
I can see the appeal of having groups of things all looking nice together, like a team or hall of armor all lined up on a shelf.
>>
>>5764286
1/9 seems like it's set to become the next big thing.

Enterbay just announced a new line of 1/9 versions of their NBA figures with full cloth clothing and a ton of hands and accessories.

King arts have teased early prototypes of Thor, Captain America, etc that fall somewhere between Hot Toys in terms of faces and paint, but with SHF-style bodies.

Seems like it might be going places as 1/6 becomes ever more unfeasibly expensive due to licensing fees.
>>
>>5764352
I wish 1/10 were more prevalent. It makes sense with the metric system, I'm really surprised asian countries didn't go with that. Xebec did a few noteworthy things in roughly 1/10, same with Yamato, but they were in that transitional period where modern articulation formulas weren't developed, brittle plastics were being used commonly, and figures were more often than not semi pre-posed in the style of McFarlane.

I think a lot of people look back on that period with disdain and memories of a lot of broken figures, and that has kind of tainted people's view on the scale.
>>
>>5764236
>>5764254
>>5764293
I have to ask does anyone one what model is the one standing behind Iron Man facing the other way?
>>
>>5764657
Looks like Mark XI "Sneaky"
>>
File: KGA10041.jpg (48 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
KGA10041.jpg
48 KB, 752x564
So.. are they going to release a little Jeff Bridges to fit inside here, or is there a go to reliable source for 1/9 scale people?
>>
Between comiccave and this, I forget these exist. I heard good things about Comiccave, but not much about these. Kinda burnt out on MCU armor at this point; Mk VI was my favorite and nothing ince then has really made me feel the same. Silver centurion was cool,and there's a bunch of other neat variations, but without a core suit for me to latch onto it makes it hard to care.
>>
>>5766048
>Mk VI was my favorite and nothing ince then has really made me feel the same
You, anon... You are a smart man. And probably super handsome, like all Mark 6 bros.
>>
>>5766048
IM3 definitely jumped the shark on suits, but I can't really say I'm burnt out on designs; they're not all my favorite but I can appreciate most of them to a degree. I'm still fucking amazed that KA is able to continue to make the ones that only got less than a minute of screentime. I know a few companies jumped on the Iron Legion bandwagon before IM3 was released and abandoned ship after it came out.
>>
>>5766069
Eh. Mark IV was better and the Mark III was even better. I just didn't like how the Mark VI replaced the blend of red and gold with a more block distribution of colors.
>>
File: image.jpg (940 KB, 2362x1572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
940 KB, 2362x1572
>>5766048
I love me some triangle chestpiece but the metal sections on the gold limbs ruin the look.

Have to give it to the Mark IV, still the best film suit to date.
>>
>>5766197
I'm actually really liking the trapezoid on the mark XLVI.
>>
>>5766197
The Mark IV was originally my favorite too, but then I gravitated back to the mark III. I think maybe because I really started appreciating the "wearable airplane" look Granov was going for.
>>
>>5766079
>>5766197

I don't get the love for the Mk IV a lot of people have. I get that it feels like amore refined version of the III, but III's sleekness is more iconic and VI wears the same basic design but as a more drastic step forward. That said,I wouldn't mind the MK IV colors with the VI chest, just because the triangle goes a long way into the look.
Later designs have gone way too imbalanced in color distribution where they just start looking like a mess.
At any rate, I really miss the Adi Granov touch on the suits, these new ones feel too close to hollywood concept artist committee style designs. Its like they've stopped trying to do iconic, memorable suits and more like just rearranging things without clear focus.
>>
>>5766296
Oh that's absolutely how I feel as well. I can appreciate some of the design cues that the recent suits have had, but there's definitely been a huge drop in quality of the suits as I'm sure emphasis and budget have moved away from iron man specifically toward the MCU as a whole.
>>
>>5766296
Did Granov have any input in the IM2 suits? I know he work on the first movie and Avengers, but the suits in 2 seemed pretty slick as well.
>>
Most overrated IM armor: Mk 7.

>>5766296
>III's sleekness is more iconic and VI wears the same basic design but as a more drastic step forward
Fully agree.

>>5766322
Looks like it
>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2137463/
>>
>>5766345
Is the 7 overrated? Doesn't seem like it's any more popular than any other post-IM2 suits.
>>
>>5766345
>Iron Man (suit consultant)
>Iron Man 2 (Conceptual Illustrator)
>Iron Man 3 (based on the "Extremis" mini-series illustrated by)

He gets a credit for Iron Man 3 because it was "based" on a comic book he illustrated?
>>
File: iron_man_2_public_identity_3.jpg (160 KB, 900x667) Image search: [Google]
iron_man_2_public_identity_3.jpg
160 KB, 900x667
>>5766322
That's affirmative, cap'n.
>>
what about Saunders
>>
You folk have some good taste.

I just came by to remind everyone that we need high quality Extremis Iron Man based on Granov's art. That Re-edit one did meet the bar in that regard.
>>
>>5766435
*did not
>>
>>5766435
>>5766442
Man, I really wanted to like the Re:Edit line.
>>
>>5766446
I'm in the minority who prefer the re:edit interpretation over the original.
>>
>>5766470
I guess. The stylization to me seemed, for lack of a better word, too Japanese. A few strange visual cues that didn't really seem to reach a consensus with each other, or the original design behind them.
>>
>>5766474
I prefer the sort of anime/Japanese aesthetic flare, but that's just me. Everyone has tastes and I appreciate all of em.
>>
>>5766345
>Mk 7

Finally, the one other sane person who thinks that suit is trash.

Ugliest design of all the phase one armours.
>>
File: One Way Trip.jpg (146 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
One Way Trip.jpg
146 KB, 500x750
>looking into this line
>it's all in the $200+ pricerange
>only really want one suit, so it's k
>start looking at their other offerings
>That mark VI looks nice
>so does the jackhammer one
>shit that gantry is cool too

Fuck my poor collegiate ass.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.