[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: HEADON.jpg (402 KB, 2000x1021) Image search: [Google]
HEADON.jpg
402 KB, 2000x1021
Titans Return WHEN edition?

Old Thread: >>5755593
>>
Why Titans Return when you can Machine Wars
>>
>>5757896
Machine Wars MPs needed.
>>
>>5757896
If Funpub barely gave a shit about Machine Wars, Hasbro gives even less of one.
>>
I ain't care if this dude has 0 articulation. He's glorious.
>>
>>5757896
Dammit, now I want to make a CW MW Prowl.
>>
HTS has Cyclonus and Motomaster on eBay for the price of a deluxe. Which one should I buy if the only CW figures I have are Defensor and Bruticus?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221944593189

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221807879606
>>
>>5757971
Motormaster is the better solo fig. Cyclonus has the better torso mode.
>>
>>5757971
Is there a way to tell which version of motormaster it is? I'd want the better hips run.
>>
>>5757971
>just got RTS Cyclonus
>kind of want CW Cyclonus to go with Titan Returns/Wars Scourge and Galvatron
>>
>>5757971
>50% off
Sweet jesus.
>>
>>5757890
>Probably sounds crazy to some but I legit prefer the TR Galvy body over Mania King. Hollowness aside, but at the same time, the $25 factor makes that sort of thing easy to ignore (for me.)

Same actually. Mania King is just way too off, aesthetically

>>5758032
At least it actually looks more like galvatron
>>
File: lameeee.jpg (13 KB, 338x63) Image search: [Google]
lameeee.jpg
13 KB, 338x63
>>5757971
>tfw cant have nice things for cheap
>>
>>5758044
With those tiny hands? The only certainty is you put cost considerations before aesthetics.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 800x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 800x411
Do any of the movie seeker toys have their torso crumple up like the first voyager did?
>>
File: Untitled.png (942 KB, 1416x656) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
942 KB, 1416x656
>>5758044
>At least it actually looks more like galvatron

look m8, if you don't want to buy 3Ps or whatever that's cool, do what you want with your collection and your money, but pretending that Mania King doesn't look like Galvatron is just being silly
>>
>>5758128
>pretending that Mania King doesn't look like Galvatron
He never said that.
>>
>>5758128
Yea i said mania king looks less like galv than the TR one.

I mean, it's obviously galvatron, but Its really the detailing i dont like. all the details look really different, like his knees and his cannon.
>>
File: TR_GALVATRON_21.jpg (49 KB, 372x640) Image search: [Google]
TR_GALVATRON_21.jpg
49 KB, 372x640
>>5758132
true, don't mean to misrepresent him, forgot to put more in there

last I checked galvy doesn't have a cockpit and treads hanging off him
>>
>>5758135
Last I checked Galvatron didn't have curling arms and could rotate his wrists.
>>
File: TR_GALVATRON_29.jpg (49 KB, 435x640) Image search: [Google]
TR_GALVATRON_29.jpg
49 KB, 435x640
>>5758138
they both have that issue
>>
>>5758135
>treads hanging off him
He's had that since the fucking G1 toy
>>
>>5758128
>>5758140
I wonder if 3rd party companies will make a new head for Galvatron (with his crown and everything).
>>
>>5757983
I'm almost certain it'll be the newer version, as it's been several months since they released it
>>
File: galvatron093.jpg (84 KB, 759x851) Image search: [Google]
galvatron093.jpg
84 KB, 759x851
>>5758142
right cuz g1 Galvy's toy was such a perfect rendition of him
>>
File: r_galvatronreissue119.jpg (59 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
r_galvatronreissue119.jpg
59 KB, 500x750
>>5758135
Check again.
>>
>>5758140
But TR galv doesn't have permanent curling arms. There's no excuse for those especially on a 3p
>>
>>5758138
Last I checked Galvatron didn't have a grey block badly hiding behind a flimsy purple crown.
>>
Last I checked, Galvatron wasn't as cool as Megatron.
>>
>>5758153
so? You're wrong, deal with it. Don't pull a "that doesn't count" like /pol/ does when they're proven wrong. Man up.
>>
File: GalvatronCyclonusWebworld.jpg (72 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
GalvatronCyclonusWebworld.jpg
72 KB, 720x540
>>5758165
its not about being right or wrong dude

if you want your Galvatron to look like a crappy G1 toy then fine, I want my Galvatron to look like he did in the animations, and in the cartoon he didn't have a fuck ton of kibble

Voyager Galvy is just a mess, full of hollow areas, shitty face, tons of kibble, no paint, weird fat proportions, cannon stuck in a bad position, weird giant abs instead of clean ones, no wrists or hand movements

the only thing he has more accurate than Mania King is the shins and knees and a few of the color placements

>>5758160
gonna have to disagree with you there fampai, galvatron is a total badass, in the g1 cartoon anyway, megatron was an incompetent loser in g1
>>
>>5758179
>megatron was an incompetent loser in g1
And G1 Galvatron was senile.
>>
>>5758179
>no wrists or hand movements
...but mania king doesn't have that either AND it looks worse.
>>
>>5758183
That's better character than generic 80s low budget cartoon villain.
>>
File: Untitled.png (73 KB, 301x146) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
73 KB, 301x146
>>5758184
neither have wrist movement, but mania king does have articulated hands
>>
>>5758191
And? Permanent bicep curl is garbage. When it comes to a big name company then yeah we realize they don't have full control all the time. Its awful but more understandable.

There is absolutely no reason for a 3P to do it.
>but his fingers open
Cool. Can't wait for him to hold whatever random weapon you choose in a completely weird way.
>>
>>5758160
Wasn't Megatron just a robotic Skeletor?
>>
>>5758198
Him, skeletor, cobra commander, Dr. Claw, etc.

All the same thing.
>>
>>5758153
But G1 Galvy was perfect. Every other iteration has been garbage.
>>
File: TR_GALVATRON_25.png (515 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
TR_GALVATRON_25.png
515 KB, 800x800
hey everyone, creator of the g1 autismo catalogue pic here with my brand new toyyy!!!
>>
>>5758184
did you even watch Headmasters? He wasn't senile. He was an angry fuck you was pissed he was becoming obsolete and smashed heads of anyone trying to prove it to him until he died.
>>
>>5758233
Which is still more character than what megatron had.
>>
File: TR_GALVATRON_36.jpg (49 KB, 640x587) Image search: [Google]
TR_GALVATRON_36.jpg
49 KB, 640x587
>>5758195
giving weapons to megs or galv has always been stupidly pointless, articulated hands means he can actually gesture though, rather than aim his his at everything

just my personal feelings, but the bicep curl "issue" is way more forgivable than all the issues TR galvy has

the idea that tr galvy can get away with being crap cuz its from hasbro but arm curls are unforgivable is silly.

look, you buy your galvy, I'm perfectly happy with mine, every body wins
>>
>>5757889
Why does stretching give Max such a boner?
>>
>>5758245
gets the energon circulating, at his age it's harder than you'd think
>>
>>5758128
>>5758135
>>5758140
I'mma still buy him, and wait for a 3rd party to release a decent head and whatever else.
>>
>>5758244
Those hollow knees are cancer.
>>
>>5758244
>but the bicep curl "issue" is way more forgivable than all the issues TR galvy has
>the idea that tr galvy can get away with being crap cuz its from hasbro but arm curls are unforgivable is silly.
I guess a you're not getting it. The bicep curl arms have absolutely no excuse to be there. I never said that whatever issues with Hasbro toys have are forgivable. Just way more understandable since they have nowhere near as much free reign as a 3P does.

And what gestures? Literally it's hold open hand towards face. Amazing! So if that's a plus to you then cool. I'd much rather have hands that can't open but aren't stuck in a curl position any day.

And I know you want to complain about the figure as a whole. I'm only focusing on the retarded decision for mania kings wrists. I'd have the same reaction if that were the case with TR galvatron, but at least they would have at least one excuse.
>>
>>5758244
Mania King costs 100 dollars and has a design flaw that would be unforgivable on a $15 deluxe.

TR Galvatron is 1/4th of that price and has actual modern articulation.
>>
>>5758153
he had them in the cartoon, as well. whats your point?
>>
>>5758239
well yeah, megatron is a shit. Everyone knows that. He was just a dude with a raspy voice and really bad ideas, yet everyone listened to him because his cannon channeled the power of black holes for fucks sake. No one wanted to be taken the fuck out like that.
>>
>>5758270
No. The characters aren't real. It is literally bad 80s cartoon writing. Galvatron was written with more creativity.
>>
>>5758274
^THIS
>>
>>5758274
>No. The characters aren't real. It is literally bad 80s cartoon writing
way to suck the fun out of it
>>
File: 021105seibertron.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
021105seibertron.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
>>5758270
the way devastation actually used his supposed black hole cannon was probably one of my fave parts of that game

but still, megatron comes off as a generic dumb baddy in g1, galvatron had more character

not really the fault of megatron though, he just suffers from the time period he was made in, the 80s had shit cartoon plots
>>
>>5758285
Truth hurts. Commercial cartoons don't have the best writing the majority of the time. Of course it's gotten better because the medium grew and matured.

Transformers g1 as a cartoon, while it may mean a lot to some is in no way well done.

I grew up on ninja turtles and power rangers. I was one of those people that wore the shirts and bought the merch as a teen/young adult. I had the nostalgia glasses. Then I decided to actually watch those shows for the first time in years and they're both garbage. Rangers as a whole had some great seasons, but MMPR was bad and not in a fun way. It took until the 2000s for the TMNT tv shows to be good.

It happens.
>>
File: BRUTICUSSSSS.jpg (47 KB, 494x600) Image search: [Google]
BRUTICUSSSSS.jpg
47 KB, 494x600
combiner wars fruiticus is 150 canadian dollareedoos.

Should I go for it? I feel like this is one of this things where if I dont get it now Ill never see it again. G2 Menasor and Superion are shelfwarming like fuck though.
>>
>>5758298
>the way devastation actually used his supposed black hole cannon was probably one of my fave parts of that game
wasnt it just a bazooka? it had like six shots in it i think
>>
>>5758303
Do you really want it? Or is it just the exclusivity that is making you want it? If the latter, don't. It's not really worth it unless you're a fan of the G2 colorations or have no other way of acquiring the CW Bruticus molds.
>>
>>5758298
>megatron comes off as a generic dumb baddy in g1
Except for the movie, of course.
>>
>>5758302
I bet you're that same cuck that keeps saying that the Bay movies are good
>>
>>5758315
Nope. Just someone who doesn't have nostalgia glasses anymore. I don't really care for the Bay movies. They're whatever. I will say the first 2 came out when I was obsessed with all of transformers and I liked them then.

I look back now and I don't like them near as much. Still never even finished the 4th one.

The movies don't affect me in anyway though. I have the freedom to watch them or not. Things like that don't bother me.
>>
>>5758304

If you aimed it it had infinite ammo I think.

A bunch of shit in Devastation has effects that aren't always known until you use it.
>>
>>5758319
i feel that you talk about yourself a tad much, for a 4chan anon
>>
File: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.gif (3 MB, 492x336) Image search: [Google]
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.gif
3 MB, 492x336
>>5758270
>well yeah, megatron is a shit. Everyone knows that

Not in the IDW comics, which is currently the best fiction TF has. Both him and Galvatron are immensely dangerous motherfuckers.
>>
File: 1450799756284.jpg (85 KB, 541x720) Image search: [Google]
1450799756284.jpg
85 KB, 541x720
>>5758320
>A bunch of shit in Devastation has effects that aren't always known until you use it.
i was aware of that a lil bit, like how grimlocks sword is bigger than your average sword. didnt know it could help you this much tho! gotta play it again
>>
>>5758324
>which is currently the best fiction TF has
did you have to open that can of beans?

>inb4 IDWaste of paper
>>
>>5758323
And you're too worried about a bad 80s cartoon that you're fond and a movie franchise that you are not fond of. You assumed I was someone else and I corrected you.
>>
File: Untitled.png (734 KB, 774x540) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
734 KB, 774x540
>>5758304
not not the one you get as a drop, I mean the way megatron fought in boss battles

He has a special move that creates a giant black hole that pulls you in, its really dope

The weapon is fun though
>>
Why did it take them so long to unlock modern combiner technology? It seems so simple when you think about it.
>>
>>5758135
>hollow fucking hip joints
sausuga HasTak
Honestly, though, this Galvatron looks pretty good.
If you can custom it to get rid of the gimmick and put a good head in place of the stock one it could be the best CHUG Galvatron up to now.
>>
>>5758328
Are you the same faggot that keeps fucking up all the /co/ threads.
>>
>>5758347
Who are they? Bayverse fans?
>>
>>5758336
I can't even imagine a reason.
Is it too hard to design a full transforming robot around a large ratcheting universal joint?
3P stuff have the same issue. Shitty, stiff joints that make your heart stop whenever they move and that hate to connect into their respecting ports.
>>
>>5758347
I haven't been to there in years. So no.
>>
>>5758351
Maybe turd parties will learn from it. It'd be cool if they started making combiners that were compatible with official ones.
>>
>>5758351
>Is it too hard to design a full transforming robot around a large ratcheting universal joint?

I think thats what Feral Rex and the new Piranacon use, don't they?
>>
>>5757971
would only buy 2 cyclonus's for the guns, would make great bruticus cannons
>>
>>5758349
Some idiot saying Bayverse and Energon were better than any of the comics and completely shitting up all the threads deliberately.

>>5758352
Just curious.
>>
>>5757909
Bro, I used to have that same one as a kid, what's it called? It brings back so many memories.
>>
>>5758370
Yeah no. Even if I did go to there I wouldn't use Energon since I barely saw the show. I only had a free of the drone things. That was during the "toys are for babies" phase.
>>
>>5758370
Bay fans like to act high and mighty but they're the dude bros of the Transformers fandom.
>>
>>5758358
>CW compatible Terrorcons
yes
>>
>>5758397
I've seen plenty of geewunners in person and they're basically what you'd expect; makes me wonder what your standard Bay-defending-fan looks like.
>>
>>5758397
>Bay fans like to act high and mighty but they're the dude bros of the Transformers fandom.
I like the movies for what they are but I'd never try defending them because they are bad movies.
I don't know why geewunners can't be self-aware enough to realize the cartoon was just as bad.
>>
>>5758403
>>5758407

I like a lot of TF series, not just G1 but I dunno if I could ever say much nice about Bayformers.

Drift looked cool I guess. And Hound. That's about it.
>>
>>5758309
No, Megatron was still pretty dumb in the movie, he just didn't seem so bad because everyone else was much dumber by comparison.

He only learns about Prime's plan because the Autobots never bothered to come up with any means of detecting and stopping spies like Laserbeak to protect their supposedly secret moon bases, despite them knowing about them and having more than enough scientists and inventors in their ranks to have had someone whip something up by that point.

He only succeeds at hijacking the shuttle because the Autobots on it somehow weren't alerted by any of the screens they were staring at about the Decepticon army catching up with them, and when the shooting began they promptly forgot how to aim, followed by forgetting very basic shit like how a shot to the shoulder isn't supposed to be a fatal injury.

Then, to top it all off, his entire plan to use the hijacked shuttle to slip by whatever early warning systems the Autobots supposedly had was predicated entirely upon the assumption that those early warning systems didn't include any sort of clearance or identification codes to verify that the Autobot ship was actually being piloted by Autobots, which you think they would have when their enemies are evil, transforming robots whose specialties include disguise and deception. And, more than that, that NOBODY would notice the giant, gaping hole that he had made in the side of the shuttle.

This is shit the fucking Empire had covered in Star Wars, for crying out loud. When your security is worse than the dudes who built dumb videogamey weak points in their doomsday weapons, you done fucked up.
>>
File: handsome movie grimlock.jpg (973 KB, 1080x1458) Image search: [Google]
handsome movie grimlock.jpg
973 KB, 1080x1458
>>5758411
Both had their strengths IMO.
I liked pretty much every movie design and concept art and I'd love to have good toys for all of them but that doesn't really happen to me with G1.

A shame this Grimlock never made it, though. I liked it a lot more than the actual movie Grimlock we got.
>>
>>5758447

Of course we didn't get it, it almost actually looks like Grimlock, instead of a broken mass of walking scrap metal.
>>
>>5758447
My biggest problem with movie designs is they are unrecognizable messes with no flat or solid surfaces or colors.

That grimlock isn't so bad. The heads spot on. I hate the beady eyes on the movie guys. I wish they'd go more traditional or at least use the Prime pupils or something.
>>
>>5758451
Movie Grimlock looks more like that crap throne from GoT but with legs.

>>5758452
I think they are perfect conceptually.
It's both industrial and alien and some of them do have what you ask for like Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Sideswipe; no decepticons, though, because no colors for military vehicles and the movies actually cared a lot about the disguise part more than what people give them credit for.

Not to shit on G1 but the disguise part was pretty much pointless since episode 1.
>>
>>5758467
Style>realism

And they threw out no mass changing a long time ago. They could add a ton of color on the robot parts that come through in transformations too to make them stand out.

Realism is for try hard CoD kids. You can stick close to the source material and still make something cool. Source: Marvel movies.
>>
>>5758471
>Style>realism
Sure, but tell that to normies that think every classic design for this stuff looks corny.
And going for realism is not that accurate here. Silicon-based lifeforms as they are described sometimes would be more like psychic rocks or some shit, not intelligent, mechanical creatures; though that was retconned anyways.
They were consumer goods all this time after all!

>And they threw out no mass changing a long time ago.
When? Vehicles are pretty big compared to humans, you know.

>They could add a ton of color on the robot parts that come through in transformations too to make them stand out.
Yeah, but again the way the are designed clearly points to kibble being the main source of color.
Optimus becomes a grey robot man if you black out the kibble's colors. Bumblebee is dark grey without the Camaro pieces covering him.

>Realism is for try hard CoD kids.
No need for strawmen, guy. You're an adult.

>You can stick close to the source material and still make something cool. Source: Marvel movies.
I can't remember anyone using body armor in the comics before the modern movies were made and even then most people who read comics know the MCU movies look really different to the comics.
I think only Spiderman uses tights because it's pointless for him to use body armor.
>>
>this one faggot trying to convince himself that he didn't blow $100 on a shitty 3rd party galvatron
>>
So, paintjobs aside, because no one gives a shit which deco you're gonna beat off to in your mom's basement, TR is looks pretty good all around so far on the Deluxe and Legend front. Galvatron's a bit fucked, and PM Prime is probably the worst of them all, but Blaster and the upcoming Astrotrain look great.
>>
File: evac.jpg (585 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
evac.jpg
585 KB, 1632x1224
>>5758403
>>5758411
I've only tried to watch one Bay movie (ROTF) and couldn't stay awake through it.

I like how their toys have interesting alt modes though. I'm fucking tired of cars, trucks, jets, and the occasional tank that may or may not have a turning turret.

And I fucking love this guy. Just noticed recently that he has winged boots and sort of a winged helmet, which makes me think he might have been modeled after Hermes.
>>
>>5758535
>Pm prime the worse

Im the complete opposite, I love that we're getting a decent size optimus again and that he's a power master variant "in name only but still" wish hasbro could've released overlord the first part of Titans return so he has his nemesis.
>>
>>5758519
>this one faggot trying to convince himself that this cheapass hasbro galvatron with a shitty detrimental gimmick and barely any paint is fine because of his poorfaggotry
>>
>>5758581
Well compared to a third party figure thats 100 dollars with gorilla arms, I say its a fair attitude.
>>
>>5757889
TR deluxes are hitting malaysia and they're priced at 20 bucks
>>
>>5758421
Haha, point taken
>>
File: Wasted Molds.jpg (2 MB, 3936x2728) Image search: [Google]
Wasted Molds.jpg
2 MB, 3936x2728
>>5758140
>>5758135
>>5758244

Gee, this is so much more desirable than a full update of Apeface!

Oh wait, i'm doing that thing, I'm lying.
>>
>>5758397
>G1 fans like to act high and mighty
>IDW fans like to act high and mighty
FTFY
>>
>>5757889
Decapitated person doing the splits with a massive erection
>>
>>5758375
machine wars starscream
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3912x2928) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3912x2928
>>5758599
At least he got a toy.
>>
File: master piece hot rod cartoon.jpg (44 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
master piece hot rod cartoon.jpg
44 KB, 400x308
>>
Well the reviews are more or less out. Ordered myself Hardhead and few of the masters.
Seriously Hasbro's scourge and blurr look like shits, be getting Takara. sentinel prime and blaster looks decent but Takara still got them beat.
But no matter what the more i look at Galvatron the more issues i have with the thing. Who thought this is a good idea? And what is so hard about making a good galvatron?
>>
File: JESUSDASHBOARD.jpg (39 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
JESUSDASHBOARD.jpg
39 KB, 400x300
>>
>>5758659
>But no matter what the more i look at Galvatron the more issues i have with the thing. Who thought this is a good idea? And what is so hard about making a good galvatron?

Energon/Superlink Galvatron is an option.
>>
>>5758599
>I-I'm still trolling right? Right? You are all so upset, RIGHT?!?
>>
>>5758679
>trolling

Someone not praising hasbro's choices =/= trolling
>>
>>5758681
No, explicitly admitting to attempting to troll = attempting to troll.
>>
>>5758332
Love this game, if there's a sequel I hope we get a Con story mode and maybe multiplayer; not sure how it would work tho, probably have to take the slow-mo out.
>>
File: 1455792692604.jpg (36 KB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
1455792692604.jpg
36 KB, 200x220
To the fellow AUS anon who reported leader starscream as $40aud at target.

No dice, still $69 at mine, tags and scanners confirmed, was dissapointed with the visit.

But the disappointment was them having the sky reign wave clogging the shelf and silverbolts still hanging around, not so much the starscream I was just honestly curious, still searching for a jetfire that's cheap
>>
File: MP 10 and MP Primal.jpg (522 KB, 1104x875) Image search: [Google]
MP 10 and MP Primal.jpg
522 KB, 1104x875
How will you display your primes?
>>
File: test.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
test.png
1 MB, 1366x768
So watching the chosen prime's video review IN FUCKING ENGLISH about galvatron and just realized.

The box art tries to replicate the shadow effect on the face caused by the crown being too far back.

Its kinda like the shit they coped for giving repainted slingshot as blastoff again
>>
>>5758731
>19 inches MP-31

WAT? So that shit is taller than CW Devastator?

[spoiler]/sarcasm[/spoiler]
>>
>>5758739
Jesus, that posing.
>>
>>5758747
That's the max range for the head btw with the crown on
>>
Anyone know where I could get a titans return fort max for less than 200 or are the preorders even out yet?
>>
>>5758751
Premium collectables had him for $168aud but they sold out and orders aren't shipped yet due to them being hasbro asia stock.

I personally got the sdcc one for $220aud from them, if you want to take a risk with shipping and crap maybe wait for hlj to have another sale, you might get lucky with the takara version.
>>
>>5758757
I'll just wait for either toydojo or bbts to have a preorder I suppose.
>>
>>5758750
The head's not even my issue with that pic. Idk, like the legs could be positioned better, there's ankle tilts. And the left arm should be shifted up a bit. And since the head can't turn far with the mask, def put the arm cannon more forward, also turn the waist a bit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>5758765
>>
>>5758687
i think they planned on doing a con story for Devastation, but scrapped it for time or budget reasons. Because the five playable Autobots all have Decepticon counterparts:

Optimus/Megatron: Leader
Bumblebee/Soundwave: Scout
Sideswipe/Starscream: The fast one
Wheeljack/Shockwave: The nerd
Grimlock/Blitzwing: The muscle
>>
Will the Transformers Prime Blu-Ray box set have a bunch of cool things like behind the scenes interviews, concept art, character model viewer, or is it just a bunch of overpriced disks?
>>
>>5758770
Woulda been the tits.
>>
>>5758782
Probably the latter.
>>
File: decepticons not amused.jpg (33 KB, 324x240) Image search: [Google]
decepticons not amused.jpg
33 KB, 324x240
>>5758770

shame we didn't get that.

Decepticon campaigns are fun.
>>
>>5758770
Kenji Saito Stated that they wanted quality over quantity and while they understood the popularity of the Deceptions felt it would both hurt the narrative and would lead to clone characters which was something they were trying to avoid. Saito feels there are already enough Musou games where gameplay is sacrificed for a large roster (among other things) so they went with small hit boxes but short range(Bubble Bee), speed type (sideswipe) slow bruiser (Grimlock) technical (Wheeljack) and all-around character (Optimus). There was talk about a parry type but that was scrap early on because it both would have been very hard to balance with the other five and the fact they had a challenge picking a 85(84-85 for us) Autobot that could meet those mechanics thematically.
>>
>>5758872
Well next game should be Cons only? Then release some kinda tournament fighter. My ass is talking.
>>
>>5758770
Neat theory, but it doesn't work when you completely ignore the gameplay aspect of the characters. Guys like Starscream and Blitzwing would be a problem because they have flight-based modes, which would pretty much require entire new set of mechanics and levels to be designed around them to be any fun, and neither Soundwave nor Shockwave have alt modes that really allow them to even move, let alone lend themselves to fighting movesets.

Despite their differences in roles and fighting styles, the Autobots were all still fairly close to each other in terms of general gameplay, which is why it's possible to play through and beat every level as whichever one you wanted.

Short of going the Fall of Cybertron route and removing character choice in favor of levels built around specific Decepticons, the best I could see the 'Cons getting in Devastation is maybe some challenge maps.
>>
File: 20160627_223338.jpg (72 KB, 815x576) Image search: [Google]
20160627_223338.jpg
72 KB, 815x576
So the TAV version of Strongarm come in a darker shade of blue? Tempted to get one.
>>
>>5758731
Conga line.
>>
File: DSC_3398.jpg (564 KB, 663x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3398.jpg
564 KB, 663x1000
>>5757889
finally bought this sleazy fucker
>>
File: DSC_3404.jpg (567 KB, 663x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3404.jpg
567 KB, 663x1000
>>5758906
welcome to swindle's emporium where our prices are to die for
>>
>>5758599
>Gee, this is so much more desirable than a full update of Apeface!

Yes, actually, a new version of Galvatron that's bigger and more accurate than the shitty Deluxe he got years ago is more desirable than a semi-obscure triple changer that most people were only now reminded even existed because someone on the internet is salty about him not getting a toy. Quit bitching and move on, already.
>>
>>5758912
>all Autobot weapons
Damn it, Swindle.
>>
>>5758906
>>5758912
It's a pity Swindle doesn't sport a shit-eating grin.
>>
>>5758901
and better more show accurate chest paint
>>
>>5758916
Indeed.
>>
File: DSC00013.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
DSC00013.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
The gimmick is fun, but this is another one that in retrospect I should not have bought. :(
>>
File: tkt86287_1_1464744325.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
tkt86287_1_1464744325.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
>>5758901
The warrior mold sucks, get the smaller that comes with the armor.
>>
File: DSC_3405.jpg (599 KB, 663x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3405.jpg
599 KB, 663x1000
>>5758918
ah, you have a keen eye there dear customer! they're pretty hard to obtain and all are in good condition... well mostly... so let's say 50 energon chips each?

>>5758920
this is my biggest gripe with it
>>
File: DSC_3407.jpg (548 KB, 663x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3407.jpg
548 KB, 663x1000
>>5758929
why does the smaller toy have better hands than the warrior?
>>
>>5758928
Is this Energon?
>>
>>5758928
Kinda wanted that deco. I could only find the BM totally-not-show-accurate silver/blue version.
>>
>>5758929
Bretty good looking.
>>
>>5758938
They use the same port size, which makes for a slimmer hand on a smaller figure.
>>
>>5758939
It's Beast Machines Strika from the Universe 1.0 repaint line. They called her Nemesis Strika.

>>5758940
This deco ain't accurate either, but yeah I got this one because either I thought it looked better or because these were Strika's colors on TF Animated.
>>
>>5758939
Universe Strika.

>>5758938
More time to revise the design, the small has a better backpack and overall better transformation.
>>
>>5758928
>those tampos
>those paint apps

I miss the old international economy.
>>
>>5758731
Optimus Primal isn't a Prime.
>>
>>5758731

19 inches? Da fuck?
>>
>>5758154

D-62-s, "anime" colored G1 Galvy. I fuckin love that toy. So solid and clicky. Great hand-candy.
>>
>>5758959
Sure, but it has the modern day mushroom pegs on the wheels.
>>
>>5758966
Maybe they meant 19 centimeters, 7.5 inches aprox.
>>
>>5758928
At least you didn't buy the Platinum Edition release of the vehicons. Now that is overpriced.
>>
>>5758872
>which was something they were trying to avoid
Except for grimlocks dino mode they all pretty much play the same anyways.
>>
File: r_swindle059.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
r_swindle059.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>5758920
>Shit eating grin
Animated Swindle kinda has.
>>
>>5759004
Weapons are restricted to certain characters and their hit boxes have different ranges
Also short of prime they all have different attack combos with weapons
>>
>>5759011
Yeah, but I'm talking about the CW Swindle.
>>
>>5759028
You could carve a new shit eating grin like animated swindle there, you'll just need the right cutting tool, paint and putty to fix mistakes

Easy process, finicky results depending on autism
>>
>>5758928

I don't have this mold but i don't remember it having wear and scuffed up paint apps.
>>
>>5758928
Why? She's a good figure
>>
>>5759052
I wouldn't say good, she lacks real hands and has a frozen neck.
>>
>>5759037

The Transformers Universe "Nemesis Strika" release in > pic related was painted to look burnt and scuffed, yes.

Actually, I think the original Beast Machines release had some paint wash effects as well.
>>
>>5759052
>That is a woman in 2001/2005
>>
>>5759030
I'd like to see this. Even if it ends up being a horrifying gash across his face, it'll be pretty interesting.
>>
>>5758739
Seeing the video makes me hopeful I might actually like the figure more than these awkward pictures keep showing.
>>
>>5759052
Sometimes that just ain't enough. Sometimes I have to care a little bit about the character.

I have an Animated Ultra Magnus too, and it's another great figure, but really I would rather have the $25 I spent on it back so I could buy an Animated Sentinel Prime instead or a Transformers Prime Dead End or a DOTM Space Case.
>>
>>5758900
>Neat theory, but it doesn't work when you completely ignore the gameplay aspect of the characters. Guys like Starscream and Blitzwing would be a problem because they have flight-based modes, which would pretty much require entire new set of mechanics and levels to be designed around them to be any fun, and neither Soundwave nor Shockwave have alt modes that really allow them to even move, let alone lend themselves to fighting movesets.

yeah i didnt have the alt modes in mind..
With Blitzwing i guess he could only transform into a tank, while the jet mode only shows up during his combo moves. Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave are indeed problematic ... though i do think they could have cool fighting moves. Soundwave could eject a tape at the end of the combo, and Shockwave could use his various lasers from his boss fight. Could be cool
>>
File: 20160624234952bf3.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160624234952bf3.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1920
>>5757889
The more i see UW Bruticus the more I wish I didn't pre order Amiibo Shovel Knight..

I'd have Bruticus by now if it wasnt for that..
>>
File: chosen_prime_galvatron_shmup.jpg (77 KB, 697x696) Image search: [Google]
chosen_prime_galvatron_shmup.jpg
77 KB, 697x696
>>5758739
So, when Galvy's in shmup-ship mode, does the cannon necessarily droop? In one shot it looks like it's pointing straight out, but later it has that downward angle. Is the cannon articulated in that middle spot?
>>
>>5759172
I think there's a hinge there.
>>
>>5759173
Huh. Wonder why?
>>
>>5759172
>shmup-ship mode
I'm sold.

>>5759176
>hinge
>Wonder why?
For side-scrolling stages. It moves up and down to fire bullets in sine-wave patterns.
>>
File: Deluxe - Highbrow - Vehicle.jpg (399 KB, 2000x1600) Image search: [Google]
Deluxe - Highbrow - Vehicle.jpg
399 KB, 2000x1600
Woo the TR legends showed up in my shithole.

I don't want any of them.
>>
>>5759188
>showed up in my shithole.

I may regret asking this, but where is this "shithole" exactly?
>>
File: 1455150857261.jpg (40 KB, 268x298) Image search: [Google]
1455150857261.jpg
40 KB, 268x298
>>5759188
They're in mine but only a shitty licensed toy outlet my state doesn't get

Its fort max or go to that shitty state for a legends, farking stralya m8
>>
>>5759190
It's oot up north.
>>
File: ocarinaoftime.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ocarinaoftime.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>5759196
>oot
Pic related?
>>
>>5759204
Yeah, if you go to the hills.
>>
File: FuckIt.jpg (222 KB, 1052x776) Image search: [Google]
FuckIt.jpg
222 KB, 1052x776
>>5759164
>a $10 hunk of unmoving plastic prevented purchase of a $130-150 dollar set

Jesus your priorities are all fucked, dude. Borrow the ten fucking dollars from a friend.
>>
File: 536737900ILL2.jpg (230 KB, 1517x1000) Image search: [Google]
536737900ILL2.jpg
230 KB, 1517x1000
>>5759164
what coulda been...
>>
>>5759212
Oh it didnt prevent the purchase! I just havent got the payment request cause the amiibo aint in stock yet. Apologies for the confusion
still sucks though, amiami takes like three days to send to me usually
>>
File: r103.jpg (19 KB, 345x274) Image search: [Google]
r103.jpg
19 KB, 345x274
>>5759172
>shmup-ship mode
>>5759186

Galvatron's large orange phallic cannon reminds me of the large phallic cockpits from R Type
>>
File: truckwave.jpg (393 KB, 1688x592) Image search: [Google]
truckwave.jpg
393 KB, 1688x592
>>5759152
I don't think alt modes would be an issue, especially since Megatron turned into a tank and Motormaster didn't have a trailer in this game. I could see them using something like this for Soundwave and a ship like Legends Shockwave.

Blitzwing could work by, instead of having a special move like Bumblebee's slide or Wheeljack's shield, he could turn into his third mode.

Just add those and replace Sideswipe with Hot Rod and we'd have a grand old sequel.
>>
File: 20160506_013628.jpg (57 KB, 688x570) Image search: [Google]
20160506_013628.jpg
57 KB, 688x570
>>5758135
unoe. Energon Galvatron has a big jet nose-cone backpack too.
>>
>>5759228
>I could see them using something like this for Soundwave and a ship like Legends Shockwave.
yeah maybe by the time the sequel comes out there'll be a new Soundwave toy they can base the game out of. cause the recent Leader one doesnt work

>>5759228
>Just add those and replace Sideswipe with Hot Rod and we'd have a grand old sequel.
Unfotunately I think Sideswipe might be more of a priority, since the name/character is used more often by HasTak..
>>
File: s-l1600fuck.jpg (120 KB, 810x700) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600fuck.jpg
120 KB, 810x700
>>5759186
>For side-scrolling stages. It moves up and down to fire bullets in sine-wave patterns.
>>
>>5759234
Energon Galvy a cute.
>>
>>5759248
Energon Galvy has TWO cannons, motherfucker! None of this single-cannon wussing about.

When he wants an arm cannon, he mounts an entire goddamn TANK on there!
>>
File: 3294_2.jpg (530 KB, 1000x756) Image search: [Google]
3294_2.jpg
530 KB, 1000x756
>>5759235
But they're finally using Hot Rod on packaging again. Autobot prefix, yes, but it's still something. If it's anything like Smokscreen, they should being going nuts with it.
>>
>>5759262
>Autobot Hot Rod
Holy shit, this is actually pretty big. They're serious about this '86 Movie anniversary.
>>
File: autistic frog.jpg (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
autistic frog.jpg
24 KB, 600x600
>>5759213
FUCKING DELETE THIS

TAKARA ALREADY WON HASBROKEK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5759270
Are there actually anons who honestly actually proudly Takarafag?
>>
File: ShockwaveIsNotAmused.png (384 KB, 501x622) Image search: [Google]
ShockwaveIsNotAmused.png
384 KB, 501x622
>>5759213

Still looks like shit. The problem is the cartoon deco is shit, not that Takara botched a shit deco.

Now, if you gave us Tak Vortex and BO in Hasbro colors, and took that stupid fucking grey paint off Onslaught's thighs, now we'd have a perfect CW Bruticus.
>>
>>5759234
Wrong colors barh.
>>
File: SupMegatron.jpg (272 KB, 1024x1009) Image search: [Google]
SupMegatron.jpg
272 KB, 1024x1009
>>5759272

It's all le epik trulling Anon. Literally retards flinging shit at other retards, who probably believe they're also trolling.
>>
>>5759250
>>
>>5758253
Remember they are better than curling arms according to the resident Hasbro apologists.
>>
>>5759307
In what deluded fanbase would hollow knees not be better than curling arms?
>>
>>5759307
>responding to a fourteen hour old post just to let people know you hate Hasbro
>>
>>5759307
Keep shilling your shitty $100 knockoff with no wrist articulation and curling arms.
>>
>>5759313
Why does everyone hate those elbows so much?
>>
>>5759318
Unlike you, most of us aren't on here 24/7.
>>
>>5759347
They are lit'rully cancer.
>>
File: TAKARA WINS IN A GENERAL SENSE.jpg (51 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
TAKARA WINS IN A GENERAL SENSE.jpg
51 KB, 752x564
Converter here, Computicon is just so much better than Hasbro's it isn't funny. Are there guides for ordering from Jap shops? Also any recommendations? Any advice for handling the shipping numbers?
>>
>>5758687
>Themed after Titans Return
>Preparing to fight Astrotrain w/ Darkmoon
>Something swoops in, knocks his Titanmaster away and slams down onto the body
>HORRORCON: APEFACE
>>
>>5759372

I don't really import, but I do know your options are pretty much EMS shipping or don't even bother. Check amiami and HLJ, or if you don't feel comfortable importing, any US based toy site (BBTS, TFS, TCP, etc) will have it too.

Don't forget to check Amazon and eBay too. People complain it's shit, but I got UW Superion and Menasor off them, new, for less than it'd have cost me to import.
>>
>>5759164
>Bruticus' right shoulder has a hoodie
Yeah. I'm not paying full retail for this.
Fuck Amico and Lilco spitroasting me, I'm not doing it.
>>
>>5759299
>Still looks like shit. The problem is the cartoon deco is shit, not that Takara botched a shit deco.
thats objective i think.

The problem is, I have to buy Takara ones because they're much cheaper to ship. So now all my toys got that cartoon look going and if i stop it'll be weird.

So yes I am indeed autistic, but for a monetary reason
>>
>>5759228
>I don't think alt modes would be an issue, especially since Megatron turned into a tank and Motormaster didn't have a trailer in this game.

Alt mode accuracy is not really the issue, here, it's the gameplay that would be attached to those alt modes. Aircraft, for reasons I should hope are obvious, can't really control the same way land-based vehicles would, and require levels to designed differently to accommodate their greater range of movement. It's not so much an issue if you confine them to their own, flight-friendly levels, but if you're meant to be able to pick any character you want in any level you want, they're a bit of a problem. Give them too much freedom to move around, and they could potentially break a level, but if you restrict them too much they cease to be fun to play.

Nothing kills the enjoyment of flying around like bumping into an invisible wall or ceiling, or getting that "you're too far from the mission area" bullshit and either being warped back in-bounds or instantly failing the mission.
>>
>>5758324
>IDW best TF Fiction
Hoho, how's special ed? Timmy bite anyones finger off again yet?
>>
File: soundwavepressesbutton.gif (81 KB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
soundwavepressesbutton.gif
81 KB, 300x227
I've been wondering how much MP Soundwave will go for this year at TFCon Toronto?
>>
>>5758906
I got the entire combaticon set in the mail yesterday. It is by far my favorite of the combiner wars sets. I enjoy them in combined mode, seperate bot modes, and vehicle modes equally, where as Superion is pretty much combined mode forever.
>>
>>5759479

$400.

Fucking HasTak needs another release of them already.
>>
>>5759301
What is this
>>
I JUST ASKED AMIAMI TO CANCEL MY ORDER OF HOODIECUS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AMICO IS GONNA FREAK
>>
What are the chances that CW Ultra Magnus will become even cheaper than what it currently is on HTS ($35.99)?

I remember CW Thundercracker going for $20 over xmas on Amazon.
>>
File: BWN-toy_VS-32-toy.jpg (122 KB, 618x382) Image search: [Google]
BWN-toy_VS-32-toy.jpg
122 KB, 618x382
guys help.

I can get the KR version of this set for 18 quid, and i'm damn tempted.

I was gonna spend that money on steam sales ;_;
>>
>>5759471
why you gotta be so mean senpai, is it cuz ur g1 cartoon was actually crap desu?
>>
>>5759524
Video games will always get cheap again unless they're nintendo.
>>
>>5759524
>steam sales
You're just paying for the permission to use the games, which they could take away from you if they wanted.
Toys are yours.
>>
Drawfriend here, anyone has requests? (1 char per req.)

>>5759506
CW Galvatronus head on Energon leader Galvatron.
>>
>>5759526
To be fair I dont like G1 much. I like Headmasters, Victory, and japanese beast wars
>>
>>5759546
Movie Starscream tending to a watermelon orchard and wearing a straw hat.
>>
>>5759529

And the games will likely be there next month
>>
File: le swamp man.jpg (249 KB, 730x1129) Image search: [Google]
le swamp man.jpg
249 KB, 730x1129
>>5759526
>cuz
>ur
>desu

Go back to AllSpark.
>>
>>5759546
Thank you drawfriend

Can you do Swerve playing Piano Man?
>>
>>5759529
And toys break, take up physical space, and if they are ever lost/stolen/destroyed they're gone forever.

Everything has drawbacks.
>>
>>5759549
why japanese BW? I found their version to be really obnoxious
>>
File: BW2Galvatron.jpg (81 KB, 800x665) Image search: [Google]
BW2Galvatron.jpg
81 KB, 800x665
>>5759581
he probably means Neo and II.
>>
File: I FUCKIN LOVE.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
I FUCKIN LOVE.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>5759529
So it's a good thing generally they only want to take them away if you use your purchase to antagonize people.

Honestly if Hasbro or Takara personally beat down the door of people who use their toys to flaunt the shit that goes on in here I'd have reached fucking nirvana.
>>
He's back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHLBipSDqcO/
>>
>>5759579
I know, but the toys you own are still your responsibility.
If someone takes them from you without your consent it's theft but with Steam games is just Steam enforcing their own policies.

I seriously don't get why people use Steam at all but I'm an antisocial fuck so, eh.
>>
guys please do i buy GTA5, FFX-2, Witcher 3 DLC or the Penguin/Mennonite set
>>
File: 1408901761724.png (212 KB, 341x444) Image search: [Google]
1408901761724.png
212 KB, 341x444
>>5759515
i pray for your soul anon
>>
>>5759587
i'm actually excited for this. I have much nostalgia for the old movie

im surprised Tyrese's begging vids on instagram worked tho
>>
File: dorito.jpg (103 KB, 676x840) Image search: [Google]
dorito.jpg
103 KB, 676x840
>>5759556
here.

>>5759569
Piano Man? or just a piano? just 1 char per req pls.
>>
>>5759520
Poorfag
o
o
r
f
a
g
>>
>>5759635
buy Transformers Devastation, you faggot
>>
>>5759635
>>>>>>/v/
>>
>>5759643
your movie starscream looks like an owl. I like it
>>
>>5759643
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEPV4kolz0
>>
>>5759643
naisu dess
>>
>>5759663
>Billy Joel
>with hair
Fuck, I feel old.
>>
File: transformers-g1-0310_1191474435.jpg (142 KB, 690x1138) Image search: [Google]
transformers-g1-0310_1191474435.jpg
142 KB, 690x1138
>>5759546
Draw me G1 toy Wildrider (He has a different head) in a menacing cool pose, with his crotch thrusted
>>
>>5759648
steam won't let me buy something i already own.
>>
>>5759643
I actually thought this was Punchhopper from the thumbnail.
>>
>>5759688

Buy War for/Fall of Cybertron.

>>5759546

Kaon trying to power a lightbulb, and failing miserably.
>>
>>5759678
>The great thing about the 360 isn't beating the games it's showing everyone online that I did.
>>
>>5759740
>>
File: wat.jpg (101 KB, 956x638) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
101 KB, 956x638
>>5759569
>>5759663
Here.

>>5759678
on it.

funny requests today, I expected to do some lewd fems.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.