[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halo 3 McFarlane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
Anyone here have any of the Halo 3 McFarlane figures? How do they hold up? Are they worth the prices on amazon? Can they withstand heavy use? I've wanted them ever since I saw them and now finally have the means of getting them.
>>
>>5757748
Yep.
Yes, they hold up better than most modern toys today, especially Mattel's Halo line.
I'm not sure if they're worth the amazon prices, as i haven't checked, but i'd pay more than a modern Halo line, which i imagine Mattel is charging $20 for.
Yes, they're pretty durable. Just don't force things too hard into their hands.
>>
>>5758002
HOLYFUCK WHAT IS WRONG WITH MATTEL?
Is this just Toy Wiz or do they really cost more than $20+?
>>
>>5758002
They're $15-$30 on amazon.
>>
I have basically every figure, no regrets. Articulation could be a tad bit better.
>>
>>5758030
Do you [spoiler]play[/spoiler] with them?
>>
>>5758038
I used to desu
>>
>>5758013
ToyWiz is notorious for overpricing everything. It's definitely not MSRP.
>>
File: 61jGwW+aRxL._SL1000_.jpg (77 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
61jGwW+aRxL._SL1000_.jpg
77 KB, 1000x1000
>>5757748
I got the jackal, a few grunts and some elites like pic related

surprised they are still under 30 dollars, some halo collectors really dont know how nice they have it with figures with 10+ year old popular games that still can generally stay below $50

i guess not enough people bought them for them to dry up, but i think you will find Jesus' beard clippings before some of the Halo 1 and 2 figures
>>
>>5758851
they are alright figures, not fantastic.

Decent articulation, nice atheistic, but the weapons seem to be cheaply made even for what its worth

and good luck trying to get covenant figures to stand up on their own

decent for the price collectibility wise, especially if your a big Halo fan
>>
>>5758851
are the original halo 1 spartans worth anything?
>>
>>5757748
>How do they hold up? Are they worth the prices on amazon? Can they withstand heavy use?

I will level with you OP

They have held up ok, but breaks are common as well. Some of the glue is likely to come undone on the crotch. Pins are prone to break. They really need some hot water soaking and an exacto run along the tougher to free joints.

The guns can be flimsy and detailmparts may break as well. The rocket launcher is prone to snapping the handle off. Barrels may be snapped in the package too. Some guns are bear impossible to fit in hands. Covenant carbine. You can heat the hands and fit them but they may tear or break after cooling.

If they are missing a sword or helmet etc they can be near impossible to find and replace.

The aliens wont stand up for shit. Mist have fragile wrists as well.
>>
>>5757748
They're very fragile. A lot of them didn't even survive shipping back when they were new.

They're also articulated fairly poorly, and commonly have joints glued in place on new, sealed figures.
>>
>>5759181
>>5758998
This really sucks. I've wanted these fuckers for a long time. I guess there's no other good 5-6" Halo 3 figures, huh? Do you guys think it's worth the risk of buying them from a third party on amazon for $15-20?
>>
File: bluechief-4.jpg (96 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
bluechief-4.jpg
96 KB, 600x900
>>5759894
I haven't tried the Mattel figures out yet, but I'm going to pick up Vale if/when they make her. It's not exactly the same as the Halo3 design, but they might make a Mk. VI Spartan in the new line, and I doubt Mattel's quality would be as bad as Mcfarlane's.

And there's always the artfx "figures" if you're willing to settle for kind-of-statueshit. Their arms are articulated but nothing else.
>>
>>5759953
Yeah I don't want anything statue-like. I intend to be a degenerate and pose them a bunch and play with them.
>>
i have 4 spartans, 2 brutes, 1 arbiter, 2 hunters.

spartans hold up pretty well, QC on them stays mostly consistent. if their weapons have long muzzles on them (sniper, br, shotgun) if you drop them they will instantly break and god speed finding the broken piece. all brutes need delicate work to move the hands around when first opened, otherwise if you twist or are ham handed they will break from the wrist pegs. also the brute biceps do not have pivot joints from the bicep to the shoulder. arbiter/elites are generally good, just have very awkward articulation in legs, like a horse. hunters are by far the worst, they are top heavy, and hard to pose due to shit articulation in the arms. very bulky, and will most likely fall over. also one of my hunters' arms is now completely loose at the elbow which is saddening because i feel like i can fix it but i can't take it apart without breaking it.

paint app and attention to detail on all figures is very good tho
>>
File: elite stabe_b.jpg (211 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
elite stabe_b.jpg
211 KB, 1024x681
>>5759181
>>5758998
>They're very fragile. A lot of them didn't even survive shipping back when they were new.
This is a lie.

Only one or two figures were absolute shit in terms of durability, but figures within the same wave were as durable as anything else.

So just stay away from the Rookie and you'll be fine
>>
>>5759971
If you get alot of em for cheap, or you just scope out a few pieces that you REALLY want, I recommend it.
H3 figures are hit and miss quality, I've had 3 Spartan CQBs have their joints give.

Try the megabloks minifigs in the meantime, or wait and see what Mattel's gonna bring to the table, although from a first glance their products seem to be made for kids with clownhands.

Do it if you really want them, don't put your expectations way too high, think of them as older Joes.

Still love my Spartans.
>>
File: proportionate.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
proportionate.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>shitposting about
>tfw the gun ACTUALLY look proportionate to the damn elites, which if you hadn't guessed; are pretty fucking big dudes
>in 2016

McFarlene, wtf
>>
>>5760391
The gun us upside down m8
>>
>>5759981
They are fragile. As fragile as your fanboyism.
>>
File: masterchef.png (190 KB, 348x432) Image search: [Google]
masterchef.png
190 KB, 348x432
do they go for a lot now? i want to sell off all my halo 3 figures in the BST or something, but they got me into collecting and its hard to part with them. theyre just piled up in a box somewhere
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.