[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep trying to quit buying toys but keep finding myself buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 853x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 853x479
I keep trying to quit buying toys but keep finding myself buying more. How do I end this chaos? Help!
>>
>>5756066
Stop coming to a goddamned toy discussion board, for one. It's like an alcoholic heading straight to the bar after work.
>>
>>5756068
I can't stop it, help!
>>
File: bbthumbsup.png (1 MB, 738x918) Image search: [Google]
bbthumbsup.png
1 MB, 738x918
>>5756070

Block /toy/ with an add-on like blocksite or whatever.

As for your problem, make a budget for yourself and stick to it.

>but it's hard to budget because things don't require payment for months!

Well, then make a seperate account for /toy/-purchases, and when you preorder take the cost of the toy and put it into that account. Or, take it out of the bank and put it in a jar or a sock or limited edition Voltron head mug or something. Then when payment comes, just take the money from that account/jar/sock/head and put it right onto your credit card.

Or, give yourself 15 minutes before you click that "preorder" button in which you ask yourself "Is this really a must-have for me? What attracts me to this toy? Is it sculpt, accessories, or look? Is it character or series? Where do I see this toy in three/six/nine months in terms of the display I'd like to have?" Personally, I have a checklist I use when I see a potential impulse buy.

Good luck, my friend. Remember, there's always the BST.
>>
>>5756066
See >>5739284
>>
File: Clorox_bleach.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Clorox_bleach.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
Here's a quick and simple solution.
>>
I buy a toy a month. It's fifty bucks out of a paycheck. Do that.
>>
File: cutie patootie.gif (2 MB, 320x212) Image search: [Google]
cutie patootie.gif
2 MB, 320x212
Being physically addicted to toys? How?

Get yourself a girlfriend.
She'll make sure you stop buying stupid shit and you'll have to spend money and time on her.
Having another person to help you stop is always the best motivator and support.
>>
>>5756195
If you let another person change who you are, chances are they will never love you because they are only changing you into the idea of someone they want to love.
>>
>>5756207
>guy's fighting an addiction
>wants to change
>will never love the person who changed them
............................................................ ok.

Stay a giant faggot forever who can't stop buying stupid shit, OP, because change am bad.
>>
>>5756195
Toys are a safer investment than women
>>
>>5756235
First of all, I ain't OP

Second of all, you're trying to cure a disease with another disease.
>>
File: neckbeard handsome nerds.jpg (103 KB, 647x782) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard handsome nerds.jpg
103 KB, 647x782
>>5756243
>with another disease.
>this is what hopeless ugly fat nerds really believe
Only your toys will truly love you
>>
>>5756246
Keep telling yourself whatever you want to if it makes you feel better.

I've just come to terms with life. I've already sold most of what toys I had. Soon, I'll be leaving this board too.
>>
>>5756066
If you're looking to get out completely, put everything in a garbage bag and donate it. I don't give a shit if you have hot toys or rare things, just get rid of it in one fell swoop. The longer you hang onto it to sell it the less inclined you will be to keep it.

Otherwise just block /toy/ on your browser, even get a friend to sponsor you if you want, someone who can talk sense into you if you have your finger hovering over the add to cart button.
>>
>>5756066
By being an adult and taking control and responsibility over your actions, you dumbfuck twit.
>>
If you're in the states, evade most websites. That's what I did. Plus it's become easier than ever to dodge HLJ and the like because of the shipping increase (I always use EMS).
>>
>>5756250
>telling a bunch of nerds on a korean animation farm that you're never going to return

We couldn't throw you a party even if we wanted to senpai. Just go in silence.
>>
OP here, I make a great income and can afford to collect, it's just I think my money could go towards better things.
>>
>>5756066
Go cold turkey. Eventually it gets easier.
>>
>>5756195
I really don't like her face.
>>
>>5756195
My girlfriend buys toys too. In fact, we buy each other toys. It's a problem. At the very least we share video games, so it cuts my costs elsewhere.
>>
>>5756066
ZAWA ZAWA
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.