[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what will happen to your toys after your death? into the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: lWcSG19.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lWcSG19.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
So what will happen to your toys after your death?

into the trash, donations...?
>>
If I have kids when the time comes, I'll give them some and donate the rest

if I don't have any, donate them all
>>
Give them to poor kids who don't have toys or donate to a toy museum (if it exist)
>>
My kids obviously
>>
take them with me, obviously
>>
>>5755774
i've written a list of my stuff and what I paid for them (and their MSRP) so if my family wants to sell them off, they wont get ripped off.
>>
Viking funeral
>>
>>5755887
How considerate, kek
>>
>>5755887
thought i was the only one
>>
put them with me in a mausoleum in a final display, hopefully doing it by myself before i kick the bucket, sadly i have too much shit and i don't have a mausoleum, so >>5755887 sounds like a more useful and budget-friendly way to go
>>
>>5755774
Buried with me like the pharaohs of old.
>>
My SO will have to deal with them, so they will probably end up packed neatly into a cupboard forever. When he dies he probably won't have any next of kin so it will all end up in an auction 50 or 60 years from now, supposing the plastic survives that long. Will be an interesting haul for future collectors.
>>
>>5756120
This is the only way to do it.
>>
File: image.png (680 KB, 697x572) Image search: [Google]
image.png
680 KB, 697x572
>>5755788
>giving your kids your booby figures
>>
Have them melted together to create one monstrous super figure
>>
File: 1384927580865.jpg (28 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1384927580865.jpg
28 KB, 250x250
>>5755774
I'll pass them on to my kids (if I ever get any) or donate them to someone that may be a huge collector so that my haul is well taken care of. Either way I won't care if I'm dead.
>>
My favorites get buried with me or get there own casket next to mine.

Be like a pharaoh
>>
Goodwill is gonna get a box of overpriced robots that fall apart when looked at.
>>
>>5755774
They'll probably be sold or given away.
>>
I would want them sold of to other collectors
>>
If my toys last that long, hopefully before my death I'll be able to find other collectors to sell/pass them to.

Of course I also do what >>5755887 did, just in case.
>>
File: 14668233019230.jpg (134 KB, 1280x806) Image search: [Google]
14668233019230.jpg
134 KB, 1280x806
>>5755774
Im afraid of this so much... It makes me so depressive... like...very deadly-depressive when your face turns into a thousand yard stare and you dont feel anything.
Im 30 and my mother died few months ago. I have only grandmother left and she is the only person i know outside of the internet and we dont have any relatives.
If i die in future...i dont even want to think about it.
My pet will die out of starvation. My corpse will be found like those creepy gore pictures of people that turned into mummies because nobody came to check them. What will happen with all this stuff... My only friends are few people from the internet.
Im almost bursting into tears again because of this thought. Im jealous of grandmother. Sle was born in 1933 and lived a long and healthy life and she will die not alone...

Please hope this thread didnt sink while im writing this. Hope there are people like me on /toy/ and i want to know WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THIS PROBLEM?
>>
>>5755887
This is probably the most responsible thing to do. I didn't think of this, always just figured I'd give them to my kids but selling them would be better, somewhat more time consuming, but better. I should make a list...
>>
>>5756969

I really don't think about it.
My brother will probably take care of it, boxing everything and selling it online, he's sorta knowledgeable about this.

If i die by my own hands, i want to at least box everything i can and put a price tag on it.
>>
>>5755774
more like what the fuck do i do as i push 30 and then 40 with all these mega bloks lego figmas ML etc god damn
>>
Buried with me.
>>
I want them to be melted and dumped into the ocean. If I cant have them, no one can.
>>
File: iu.jpg (27 KB, 495x337) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
27 KB, 495x337
>>
>>5756969
I somewhat know your pain. I'm the same age, and I don't really have any friends that live anywhere near me. I have a fiancé, and we have a house and a cat, but she has no friends here, and I have noone but her. I don't know if she'll stay with me the full haul, and I know all the truths that are bound to happen, but what if she leaves me and it's just me? I have a job, but they'd just assume that I quit. Most of my bills are auto pay, so I'd be left there for at least a month or two before anything is done. My collection of toys would be tossed or auctioned off... Ultimately, we have to untether ourselves from this fate, and go out into the world. I know 99% of people suck ass, but we have to find that 1% that we actually get along with.
>>
>>5762635
>Dumping plastic into the ocean
Don't be an asshole.
>>
I have executed a will devising my Es/t/ate to my brother, but if he ever attempts to sale them for scalping scum prices, to the mods of /toy/ as trustees to be sold off at the Buy/Trap/Sale thread for the benefit of Captain Fillet-O-Fish, my beloved cat.
>>
Have some collector friends still, who'll like some of the smaller items(figmas, RDs, plamo etc.); so been trying to slowly hand them off to them over the years before I started 'drifting' away from them.

The father probably might pass away before I handle this(waiting five to ten more years), so no point making a plan to leave toys with him. My mother would probably be overwhelmed from it, and not be able to handle accepting them; so not really a good idea to leave them with her either.

The sister has been the default plan to leave the big or worthwhile figures with, since I know she she can sell them to good effect. Use it for something nice. Made a single list similar to >>5755887, but a while ago; realized she could only recognize something like the giant Batmobile by the names during a visit. So split it up into separate notes in the boxes when I had some free time.

It's a WIP, but got time and ability to add to or refine this.
>>
Melted all together and made into a coffin
>>
>>5755774
I doubt I'll be able to afford possessions by middle age let alone near a natural death.
>>
>>5755774
If i ever happen to have kids, i'll give them all my toys (they will enjoy them, because i only collect LEGO and toy soldiers, no weebshit).
Otherwise they'll go to my brother's kids.

If he also turns too autistic to have kids, i will probably donate them to a design/toys museum.
>>
>>5755774
No idea
All I know is I won't be alive to care
>>
>signed up for a cryo test when you find out you have cancer
>put your most beloved items in a container and drill a 20ft hole near your home
>you get cryo-ed
>wake up a few decades/centuries later and get cured
>you later find out your capsule is in a museum
>they won't let you take it back
>>
File: 0002850.jpg (100 KB, 475x660) Image search: [Google]
0002850.jpg
100 KB, 475x660
You can bring one toy and only one you with you into the afterlife. What do you choose and why?

Pic related. I'd probably bring one of my Bionicles.
>>
File: 1442006965253.gif (3 MB, 358x268) Image search: [Google]
1442006965253.gif
3 MB, 358x268
List anon here

>>5763009
Yeah, i dont expect to go any time soon, so i have a power point or just some files with a picture on it.

>>5756082
I try to be, I know they probably wont go for much after im gone but.. ya know... they can keep what they want to keep and make dosh on the others.

>>5756094
we bros

>>5756109
try it out some time

>>5756995
they can keep the toys and whatever they want to get rid of later down the line, they can see how much they would go for.
>>
>>5756322
fag
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.