[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >be toy company >get license to make NGE figures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 1200x888) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 1200x888
>be me
>be toy company
>get license to make NGE figures
>spend entire budget on evas and waifus
>oh shit wait i have an extra hundred dollars
>what could i make that's incredibly low cost and easy to make
>i know
>>
The fucking wheels
>>
>>5752214
The articulation is screen accurate tho
>>
At least it has an S2 engine
>>
>>5752214
This thing screaming and exploding always creeped me out.
>>
>>5752404
>rebuild
Funny joke lad
>>
Honestly I'd buy that
>>
File: 67CgJP0cVJZZujuegUnOOI.jpg (117 KB, 800x662) Image search: [Google]
67CgJP0cVJZZujuegUnOOI.jpg
117 KB, 800x662
Bandai could have, should have... and didn't.
>>
>>5752656
>all rebuild shit
God damnit, we were so close
>>
>>5752214
>make a series about robots fighting monsters
>one of those aliens is just a big geometric shape thing
>>
>>5753009
Evangelion has heavy use of microbiology terms and visuals, this one is based on bacteriophage T4 in design and method of attack. There was a sphere too, and a ring that is clearly a plasmid.

Besides. Ultraman series which Evangelion is a parody of, had a few enemies that was just a immobile object.
>>
>>5753142
You clearly don't know how to use "parody" properly
>>
>>5752214
I'd quite like to display this. Normies would just think it's modern art or some trinket
>>
>>5753160
>caring what normies thinka
>>
>>5752692
>all completely indistinct differences.
>>
>>5753145
homage then.
>>
File: ramiel.jpg (197 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ramiel.jpg
197 KB, 600x600
Everyone knows this is the only good Ramiel.
>>
>No Ramiel rubix cube
>>
>>5753350
>is always solved
Great, fixes the one flaw with rubix cubes
>>
>>5753284
Nigga, half of the angels are completely different characters given the same names. The fuck you on about?
>>
Where can I buy this
>>
>>5753594
Fishy chinese websites. Don't know how much to trust them
>>
Does a good line of Eva that doesn't completely forget about the Angels and isn't Rebuildshit exist?
>>
>>5753894
is there tho
>>
File: 3rd.jpg (58 KB, 715x322) Image search: [Google]
3rd.jpg
58 KB, 715x322
>>5753894
There were a line of soft vinyl Angels from the TV days, they did like 5 of them iirc. Also some kits ranging from practically a statue to wearing a rubber suit.
>>
>>5752692
>rebuild shit
I laughed.
>>
>>5754138
Got a name for these so I can look em up?
>>
>>5753894
I hope not, all you people bitching about rebuild designs need to get fully fucked at every turn.
>>
>>5754324
Kit was LM-HG series.

Don't think soft vinyl had specific name, just search as is.
>>
>>5752224
Looks like the base for a BAF Positron Sniper.
>>
>>5754326
I want Rebuildfags to go.

I bet you think Mari is best girl, don't you.
>>
>>5753894
Lotta nice statueshit trading figures. I've got a few of them.

Never managed to get this really sick Rei/Lilith one that I wanted, can't even find a pic of it now.
>>
>>5754380
No, because I don't care one way or the other about Eva in it's entirety, but you faggots that wail and cry about the rebuild designs getting more merchandise need to get fucked and stay fucked.
>>
>>5754407
It's not the designs that suck, it's that they completely dumped half of the angels for uglier and dumber ones, butchered the storyline, and exchanged the character development of the original for muh shiny HD animation.

You should stay on reddit instead, rebuildfag
>>
>>5754418
Literally telling you I don't give a shit about eva, yet you continue to call me a rebuildfag?
fuck out of here, kid, come back when you can understand the god damn argument presented to you.
>>
>>5754407
Why do they need to get fucked?
>>
>>5754438
>i-i d-don't care a-about e-eva
>k-kid
Then what the fuck are you doing in an Eva thread, retard?
>>
>>5754457
No correlation in not liking a show and my age, keep failing to form a counter argument.
>>5754448
It's just stupid to whine with the vigor eva fags do about wanting original designs when the newer ones are far more profitable and recent, no matter your opinion,
>>
>>5754465
You're not responding to my argument either, retard. Keep trying

>newer designs are more profitable
(Not true, by the way)
>>
>>5754471
Because you can't grasp the argument. Period. So let me spell it out for you so you can hopefully understand and actually argue in return instead of tossing insults and non sequiter arguments around.

Hate rebuilds all you want, that's an opinion, but don't bitch about the rebuild designs being whats hot right now when the original designs were 20 years ago.
>>
>>5754480
Fine, let me spell my counterargument out for you

You've explicitly stated that you don't like Eva, you've implied that you have no interest in the franchise, so what the fuck are you doing commenting on it? What authority do you have over what others can or cannot do relating to the franchise?

I gurantee you that more people recognize the original Angel designs than they do the Rebuild designs. They make be 20 years old but they're also infinitely more memorable and recognizable. Hell, I don't even remember what most of the new Rebuild Angels look like.

And really, the original designs are far more iconic. Rebuild was a pretty obvious cashout, Gainax should have stuck to just remastering the original show
>>
>>5754485
Guess what? those are all opinions that don't amount to anything, as rebuild merchandise is still what's being released. Not the original designs, no matter how much better you think they are,
>>
>>5754489
>Rebuild designs are less iconic and recognizable than original designs
How the fuck is this an opinion?

More Rebuild designs are being released because that's the designs that Gainax are licensing. Not because they're more popular or better.

And you still haven't addressed my question of your legitimacy.
>>
>>5754491
I don't need to be a fan of a show to call a retard a retard.

And what retarded logic would prevent Gainax or any company from licensing out original designs if they are so amazingly superior in every aspect?
>>
>>5754494
Yes, but what are your grounds of calling me a retard, fuckface?

I already told you, Gainax wants to cash the fuck out of the Rebuild designs to get maximum profit from the new films. Once they're over the Rebuild designs will all be forgotten.

Do you just not understand how marketing works or..?
>>
>>5754500
Your wailing about new hotness being more prevalent than the old, obviously, for the third time.

And marketing doesn't work like that. You don't milk a less profitable set of designs to cash in while the new designs are at their peek. you cash in on what will sell most for the longest.
>>
>>5754532
I just want a decent line for the classic Eva designs. Is that too much to ask or are you truly that dense?

Did you read a single fucking word of what I said? I said that they're milking the (currently) more popular designs while the iron is still hot. Once the final Rebuild film is released the current designs will be forgotten and everyone will go back to the classic style.

And yeah, what sells the most are the waifu dolls and the Evas, not the Angels.
>>
>>5754550
No, it's not too much to ask, but blaming 'rebuildfags' is what makes you retarded.

And again, like I said, if they could make more money off of old designs right now over rebuild designs, they would not waste time with rebuild if it's just a fad. Every business wants as much money as it can make as fast as it can make it. Long plays are rarely, if ever done.
>>
>>5754567
Where did I blame Rebuildfags for not giving me a decent original Eva toyline? I only told them to fuck off.

>they would not waste time with Rebuild if it's just a fad
That's the fucking point of fads. Milk it while it's popular and once it's out of style go back to the old tried and true style or create a new one.

Who the fuck taught you marketing in school?
>>
What are the option out for for getting one of the Mass Produced Evas? I know there's a revoltech an a semi-statueshit Kaiyodo, but was there anything else?
>>
>>5754601
There's a model kit, dunno how the articulation is.
>>
>[screams geometrically]
>>
>>5754577
You clearly were not taught at all. if a fad still isn't as popular as the original material, like you claim, a business wouldn't indulge in the fad if there was more money to make elsewhere.

you are literally trying to tell everyone a business rather make less money on a fad than they would on older, original material

The original eva designs are not desired enough to outdo rebuild designs. no matter what your opinion is.
>>
>>5754873
Do you understand how fads work? Because evidently you don't.

The point of fads is that they make more money while they're still popular, and on top of that they promote the fad further. Once the hype has died of the fad stops generating more money than the origina cash cow, and the company goes back to that.

God you're stupid
>>
Are the Revoltech Evas any good?
>>
Wow what's happening?

>>5755536

The Evolution series is pretty good, got a few rereleases including Legacy that has the latest joints so not that hard to buy.

EVA-02 you might wanna get the non-Legacy as they went with red plastic instead of red paint and it looks off.

Personally I like the Q Eva Revoltechs more, I like how they did the shoulder pylons and hip joints on them, and the proportions looks better I think.
>>
File: angel goods.jpg (362 KB, 1576x1116) Image search: [Google]
angel goods.jpg
362 KB, 1576x1116
Sorry guys arguing over rebuild/TV design Angel merchandising, I didn't bother reading the entire thing, but the one guy seem to think they don't make anything for the TV design because it's old but instead for Rebuild because it is new and hot.

Not quite true. For the Angels anyways they do use the TV design during movie times because yeah, they are iconic designs, If you bother to look at the Evastore at all.

Maybe not the merch you had in mind, but there aren't that many Angel goods to begin with at any era.
>>
God damn I just want a good Misato figure.
>>
>>5753344
What is this?
>>
>>5755626
Kill yourself
>>
>>5756338

It's a glass Ramiel from the Otaru Taisho Glass Palace. It makes for one hell of a paperweight.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.