[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1/12th scale Pillory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Can someone help me ID these accessories (pillory = the head mount crucifix thing)
>>
>>5749622
They look custom made with real wood and varnish.
>>
>>5749637
Yup, looking at the left one's leg, it's pretty obvious that it's varnish. That's definitely wood glue and they missed a few varnish spots on the corner. The wood grain lines are gundam marker probably.

They don't look TOO difficult to make, but I don't know enough about wood to tell which kind they used. I've only really worked with plywood and particle board at that scale.
>>
>>5749622
They could totally remove their hands from those holes. Immersion ruined.
>>
>>5751567
All women are sluts ;^)
>>
>>5751575
aren't we all cum sluts?
>>
>>5749622
im a carpenter. i could make these easily. purely out of curiosity, how much would you pay for such an item?
>>
>>5751778
$25-$40? honestly no idea
>>
>>5751778
>>5752014
I smell a Kickstarter
>>
$20 plus sending...
>>
>>5751638
That's just /d/.
>>
>>5751778
Handmade custom miniature accessoried can easily go up to 60$ + if you make em out of real wood. Charge what you want. I know a guy who does custom 1/12 dollhouse furniture and his pieces can go up to 300+
>>
>>5751778

$5-15 at the absolute most. Most people could make these out of cheap, thin wood which is usually what you want, since you don't want these putting weight on the small figures they'll go on as it'll imbalance them in case of the stocks with no bottom.

With a pen, some stain, some cutting/sanding and wood glue you could probably easily DIY it. Not gonna mock your craft or anything bro, woodworking is hard as fuck, but I'm an extremely amateur fa/tg/uy who has made similar for wargames and I did it pretty easily, and I'm fucking terrible at any sort of manual labor.
>>
I remember my days of making bondage equipment for toys. Sadly, those days are gone and you're stuck with what to do with them. Shouldn't keep them around, but they're too well made to just toss out...

>>5753130
It's true that it's worth about $5-15 worth of material, but you need to take into account labor. These aren't being cranked out by faceless factory robots. If someone spends 1 hour making them, that's 1 hour of their time, and if they aren't being compensated for it, then there's no reason they should be spending the time making them in the first place selling things at cost.
>>
>>5751778
10-15 plus shipping
>>
>>5751778
$12,000 but no shipping
>>
>>5753980
sent
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.