[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diamond Select just revealed the wave 2 of their Muppet line.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: Diamond Select series 2.png (1 MB, 1214x1042) Image search: [Google]
Diamond Select series 2.png
1 MB, 1214x1042
Diamond Select just revealed the wave 2 of their Muppet line. Rowlf the Dog looks fucking amazing.
>>
File: Mahna Mahna and Snowths.jpg (28 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Mahna Mahna and Snowths.jpg
28 KB, 480x270
>>5749579
>Mahna Mahna
>No Snowths

A little disappointing, though I've got Gonzo, so I'm pretty much set. Glad to see they're going to keep the line going! I'd like to get all of Electric Mayhem for cool concert setups though.
>>
>>5749579
So where could I pick these up?
>>
>>5749752
Local comic shops are most likely going to have them.
>>5749725
Yeah, Rowlf comes with MahnaMahna and Crazy Harry for some reason.
>>
File: 14366944381_fdfbc5b5e6_oa.jpg (133 KB, 1600x898) Image search: [Google]
14366944381_fdfbc5b5e6_oa.jpg
133 KB, 1600x898
>>5749579
Miss Piggy is the only one I would care about. Not only does her face look retarded but they give her a shitty SMALL pet as the side character instead of a larger cool character.
>>
>>5750000
Well who else could this Piggy come with? Kermit's already came out with Robin and Bean Bunny. Gonzo and Fozzie already came out. Plus, it's the first time Foofoo comes as a figure. And you get a free penguin with her.
>>
>>5749725
Kinda wish it'd been this version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqKF1GKxmVw
>>
Do the Electric Mayhem come with instruments?
>>
File: StatlerWaldorfBalcony.jpg (1 MB, 2786x2848) Image search: [Google]
StatlerWaldorfBalcony.jpg
1 MB, 2786x2848
Mman, I'd REALLY like to see some more detail in this line.
And maybe have them scaled up a tad bit? The kermit they did had articulation where it counted but because he was so small he looks waayy to fragile to get me to buy it. And the articulation joints didn't look aesthetically pleasing either.
Also there were some really weird choices made, like Fozzie's hat isnt attached by anything, not even friction. Same with Scooter's glasses. Why are those just molded or glued on? Doesn't make sense to me.

Basically I just want the palisades line with more articulation but we all know that's not gonna happen.

I'll probably atleast get the Statler and Woldorf with the balcony set up when Diamond eventually releases that.

Also that Rowlf does look pretty sweet. Too bad he doesn't look like he'll be able to be posed playing a piano. And I would have definitlely been stoked for a manamana figure if it wasnt basically a statue and had those other things with him.
>>
File: DI0013390_01.jpg (61 KB, 600x490) Image search: [Google]
DI0013390_01.jpg
61 KB, 600x490
>>5749579
That's wave 2? I thought this was wave 2
>>
>>5750300
>Well who else could this Piggy come with?
How about Deadly. They became pretty close in the new abc show. They could have had Piggy, Deadly, and her Foofoo.
>>
>Rowlf comes with Crazy Harry and Mahna Mahna, no Snowths in sight
Seems like a bit of a weird choice if you ask me. If it were up to me, I'd have had Rowlf come with the penguin and a grand piano, a four-pack containing Crazy Harry, Mahna Mahna, and two Snowths, leave Janice and Floyd as-is, and have Miss Piggy come with Uncle Deadly or Sam the Eagle.
>>
I thought Rolf wasw permanently retired out of respect for Jim Henson, as Rolf was his favorite Muppet.
>>
>>5749579

They should do a Floyd variant where he has the original solid sunglasses
>>
>>5751711
Rowlf's been back, preformed by Bill Baretta.
>>5750625
Maybe wave three?
>>
>>5751718

Sounds awfully disrespectful to Henson's memory.
>>
>>5750000
Did you know that the lady who designed Miss Piggy also designed the Phillies Phanatic?
>>
>>5751744
Well, it's a fucking puppet. The best way to remember Jim Henson is to remember Jim Henson, not the pile of fabric at the end of his arm.
>>
>>5751711
Im pretty sure rolf was in the new show. I only watched 3 episodes, wasnt he a bartender or something? Not part of the main muppet crew
>>
>>5751711
Jim was never terribly sentimental about the characters he performed. He would've wanted someone else to take on the mantle of his characters so that they could continue to entertain people, rather than dying alongside him. Besides, most of the characters that he performed were shelved for several years after his death so that they could take their time finding just the right performers.
>>
>>5749579
I wish some of them had articulated Jaws.. Liek crazy harry, they can totally get away with hiding some articulation there.
I know it wont be though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.