[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most expensive figure you own? Was it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10
File: The blacked swordsman.jpg (1 MB, 3264x4896) Image search: [Google]
The blacked swordsman.jpg
1 MB, 3264x4896
What is the most expensive figure you own?
Was it worth it?

Pic related for me, my second Rah fig and definitely worth every dollar
>>
SRC Gurren Lagann w/ Drill Set of Manliness.

It's P good but I'm afraid to touch it and wear out the terrible diecast joints. Might sell; not sure.
>>
File: kira-s6.jpg (116 KB, 707x500) Image search: [Google]
kira-s6.jpg
116 KB, 707x500
Just hit me with that latecomer's tax, daddy.
>>
>>5749057
Probably that revoltech horse.

No it wasnt worth it since the stand immediately broke and it can't do much without it.
>>
>>5749465
6k isn't that bad, m8.
>>
>>5749476
Yes but it's still the most I've paid for a figure.
>>
I have some Booze-O Shitties. Worth it if you're into mecha anime girls with modular armor, which I am.
>>
File: SHF-Hulkbuster-image-8.jpg (78 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
SHF-Hulkbuster-image-8.jpg
78 KB, 560x560
SHF Hulkbuster I believe, at whatever 39880 yen was back in october. I think $350 or so.

The sad thing is that I haven't even the shipper box sinceI got it in January. after the Mafex was revealed with its greater detailing (an Iron Man inside the armor) and all, I got major buyer's remorse. WhenI'm finished remodeling everything I may open it with the other SHF avengers, or may sell it..but I'm terrible at parting with things that where hard to acquire.

Next up is Max Gokin Big O, at $325. Yes, it was VERY worth it. I love the damn thing. Classiest figure I own.

Then Sentinel Hulkbuster, which I still have in my PW at HLJ. Then Hot toys robocop with Control Chair, which I got for $290. again, its a great figure, though I admit I've yet to actually display the chair. There's a few more in the $200-270 range, too.

By year's end there's two or three more purchases I'd like to make at a simialr price, then I'm focussing mainly on some backlog.
To me, there's very little difference between dropping $200 and $350 on a toy, I'm in for a penny, in for a pound. If I want something, I'm gunning for it, and within degree I can swallow the price. That said, I can't say the price for my bigger purchases is truly proportionate to cost; I'd say $120-50 is the maximum where you truly see cash scaling relative to value.
>>
I've never spent more than $70 on a figure.
>>
Spent like $160 on Fantoys Quakewave when it first came out and I regret it now. There's been a ton of reissues and you can get it for way cheaper.

That being said I don't really care about too that much, what really sucks is that masterpiece shockwave was released and I like the way it looks a lot more, so I'll probably be selling it soon.
>>
File: FIGURE-001689.jpg (79 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-001689.jpg
79 KB, 600x600
Paid $100 CAD for him, honestly I don't really care for him too much.
Not a bad figure (it's pretty nice), but it's something I don't have the desire to screw around with. A lot of people have him as one of their favourites, so I'm surprised I'm actually lukewarm on it.

Unfortunately I didn't sell him before the reissue was announced, so I gotta wait till the second market prices go up again so I can at least get my money back.
>>
File: deku link ebay.png (116 KB, 777x245) Image search: [Google]
deku link ebay.png
116 KB, 777x245
deku link
I think

Is he still super expensive?
>>
Spent $700 on a hard to find macross valk almost a decade ago
It's in some trash dump somewhere now
Meh
>>
I paid 85 for my Mezco PX batman. I dig it but I cant bring myself to spend the 125 for the armored batman despite how great it looks.
>>
>>5749476
>>5749481
I recall a time when he was like 9k 2 years ago
>>
>>5749465
Yeah bought him too like 1 month ago, probably my favourite sas fig. Got him at a good price
>>
File: IMG_3826.jpg (718 KB, 1296x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3826.jpg
718 KB, 1296x1728
Probably my Complete Selection Kuuga Belt valued at around $1.5k
>>
Not as impressive as 6k

But a solid 130$ Canadian
>>
>>5749057
A tie between max factory Karas , Dx soul of chogokin mazinger z and Variable action Srx and more but if you want i can post my collection here
>>
File: IMG_2053.jpg (120 KB, 800x991) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2053.jpg
120 KB, 800x991
>>5749057
Without a doubt, and I love it so.
>>
>>5750597
Why not display out of box?
>>
Metalbuild Goldframe, around 200bucks

actually I was pondering whether I should get it or not then got a call from my boss on a Sat to go work for an extra day so that pretty much paid for the whole thing.

and it's totally worth it
>>
File: Q2BCqRR[1].png (2 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Q2BCqRR[1].png
2 MB, 768x1024
Bought this when I used to live in Japan, didn't realize the piece of garbage would escalate in price.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hot Toys Bespin Luke set by far. Was so damn happy when he arrived in the mail, even if I overpayed a little
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.