[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JobbytheHong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: copyImage-11208767762810_71_18.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
copyImage-11208767762810_71_18.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
Am i the only one concerned about this reviewer.
He films some videos in the bathroom, licks his lips a lot, wears a ill fitting batman mask and finds pleasure in swivels.
>>
>>5744831

I liked him for awhile, lately he's been turning up the:

>LELSORANDUM SWIVELS XDDD

To uncomfortable levels.
>>
>>5744831
>review toy and never seen the original source
>sex jokes everywhere
>muh engineering
>asian
>pretty much any toy reviewer in addition to the self-depreciation
It feels like satire. I like his reviews. The "SWIVELS" is starting to become overboard, though.
>>
>>5744844
Still a better reviewer than mitchsantona all he does is showcase the figures and no thoughts on them
>>
>>5744844
This, the swivels are going a bit much, but I like how he doesn't take his shit super seriously and plays most of it as a joke. He goes to FilthyFrank levels sometimes, but I like the effort he puts in. Also like his godzilla review stuff
>>
>>5744831
He dank
>>
I like Jobby's videos, but if he keeps going in the direction he is, he'll just being doing videos where he swivels and talks about how he wants to die before too long.
>>
Just discovered Jobby recently. He's enjoyable, and it's nice to have someone shake up the review formula a bit. He and Kokujin Reviews are my two go-to reviewers for shit I care about now.
>>
>>5744831
Was genuinely worried this fucker had an heroed after seeing a few of his videos. Best toy reviewer imo.
>>
>>5744951

Yeah, getting sick of the constant "woe is me, I'm so depressed XD" spots he throws in to all his videos.
>>
He's great. Fun looks at more obscure/older stuff. Too much swiveling these days though.
>>
>>5745027
Swivels too much, other than that wish he did more vids.
>>
>>5745002
Its a parody, he reminds me of filthyfrank if he reviewed toys.
>>
>>5745098
Yeah he's asian and have the same bathroom.
>>
He's like a mix of papu franku and howtobasic, with a little of RegularCarReviews if RCR didn't do any kind of research on what he was reviewing.
>>
>>5744831
>watched his videos before he started getting popular
So this is what being an insufferable hipster cunt feels like.
>>
>>5751028
Same, and nah, it's only unaufferable if you go around telling new fans that. Started watching him in 2014 when I came across his SHMA godzilla 2014 review to see if it was worth buying
>>
>>5744831
he's oddly charming
I like that he tries to make his shit entertaining, though it is declining a bit, but will never be as bad as Shart trying to be funny with his big time spidey
>>
>>5752710

I dunno, stop motion is kind cool to watch compared to screaming about swivels and putting red filters over the screen.
>>
>>5752710
I feel the best part is, as cliche as it sounds, he does sound like an average buyer like the rest of us. The stuff he buys seems like things he genuinely has interest in/wants to get so when he really likes something or is disapointed it seems genuine.

Plus, the "shill" things he does are things that his watchers would actually have interest in like photo contests and such, and not, say, telling you how refreshing coca cola is
>>
>>5752785
The guy's a Godzilla fag and somehow isn't even familiar with Ultraman, despite living in an Asian country where it's popular too.

What went wrong?
>>
I found out about him looking for reviews of that Hexatron KO and found him to be kinda funny. The little bits of stop-motion are neat, his sense of editing and comic timing are fairly decent, his voice is different but not annoying, and as heavily as he's leaning on the swivel jokes, he seems self-aware enough I wouldn't be surprised if he's building up to something before he tones it down again. Like that Spider-man song parody that got cut short because he started vomiting blood.
>>
>>5752808
He isn't even a godzilla fag, he says he only saw the original and the 2014 and he gets them because he thinks they look cool. I honestly don't mind,
>>
>>5752817
What a god damn loser
>>
>>5752823
He must be the other kind of asian
>>
>>5744831
I discovered Jobby not too long ago. Personally I think he's awesome. His "reviews" are funny and that's all that matter to me, especially since he often reviews random items that I'll *never* buy myself.
>>
>>5744951
>>5745002
What are you guys talking about? He just talked about hooking up with a girl in Thailand and getting laid for over a month straight in one of his newer videos.
>>
favourite toyreviewer and maybe favourite youtuber, but his swivel jokes slowly get annoying.
>>
File: Dis negro motherfucka.png (160 KB, 1024x562) Image search: [Google]
Dis negro motherfucka.png
160 KB, 1024x562
>>5744831
I think he's great. He has humor and he manages to bring something different to the table when it comes to just simple figure reviews--and with impressing criticisms too. I mean, he's got the mind of an artist in how he analyzes certain things and the color of paint. He's obviously hell of a lot smarter than he's leading on, and I respect that.

He also is entertaining on a personal level in how he attaches some of his personality to his figures, like a story about him and his cousin, and you just keep thinking that this guy would be pretty chill to hang out with. I think he is trying a little hard to appeal to certain things when he catches on to them, specifically swivels, but he mostly continues to keep me laughing, and informed on certain figures I might want as a Godzilla fag, here.

He's honest, he's chill, he's creative, smarter than we probably think, and best of all--he's genuinely humorous.

I just reviewed a reviewer, what is life.
>>
Is that cute anime figures autist guy still doing his thing?
>>
>>5744831
I think it's great that he also loves muffet. UT fans are quite based, if I do say so myself!
>>
File: 694694184561914.jpg (167 KB, 625x411) Image search: [Google]
694694184561914.jpg
167 KB, 625x411
I guess he is starting to get a little more popular.

Recycled alot of jokes on the madoka magica figmas though

the classic SHES UNDERAGE CALL THE COPS
>>
>>5744831
He's great
He hasn't hit that fucking shill level yet though like the BBTS reviewers.
At least he isn't like
Anthony who complains about PAKs , but still buys them
Or that Mecha Gaikotsu who "reviews" figmas by saying
>OH MY GOD YOU GUYS THIS FIGMA IS THE BEST ONE EVEN THOUGH I SAID THAT TO 30 OTHER FIGMAS NO NEED TO SHOW ARTICULATION SO COOL
>>
>>5755551
He hasn't made anything for like a year so he's probably kill.
>>
>>5755868
Did you see Mecha's Angela Figma review... a big hot disaster
>>
>>5756088
Not true, it was only two months, and he's making videos again.
>>
>>5755609
>undershit
Fuck off
>>
>>5756466
Yeah, I couldn't tell if that was a joke (like his Guyver figma review) or he just did a really shitty job with the editing.

Repeating everything twice doesn't seem like the type of thing you'd leave in a review, even if you were in a hurry. He needs to go back to his chilled 10~ minute reviews instead of blazing through them in <5
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.