[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else a little bit disapointed from the reveals at joecon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else a little bit disapointed from the reveals at joecon? I mean they couldnt have even changed the color of the zombie vipers outfits to the cool red color scheme from the concept vault fromma few years back?
>>
Hasbro is loathe to approach blood/gore, and to an extent rightly so. By making the blue zombies, they avoid the plethora of Soccer Mom change.org campaigns that would spring up ala Breaking Bad.

I'm happy that we're getting more Zombies, personally, it's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>5744025
Then why didnt we get zombie cobra commander and zombie storm shadow? Ive been waiting years for them. And hasbro should just say fuck it to the soccor moms, those bitchs dont deserve life let alone respect.
>>
>>5744043
Greg, stop. 1/18 will go on, but it won't ever, ever cater to you specifically.
>>
Joecon 2016 was a great disappointment; all round. The next wave of figures is dog shit (seriously, SAW VIPER? Not Dial Tone or Footloose or Zarana? Of all of the convention figures you pick SAW VIPER?) and the Joecon convention figures even worse as they couldn't even be bothered to use decent in demand heads for most of the figures (or even fucking getting new heads commissioned).
>>
>>5744089
Con sucked but was still better than FS 5.0 they announced. This will be first year getting none.

I swear somebody managing the club touches them self whenever they run into another member of that vocal minority that loves AF/Red Shadows.
>>
>>5744025
>>5744043

There's a company that is going to use the H.A.C.Ks system to make an entire 1/18 zombie line.

I know that's not joe related but you guys might want to look into it
>>
File: Joecon-HiRes-053_1341010230.jpg (279 KB, 930x1400) Image search: [Google]
Joecon-HiRes-053_1341010230.jpg
279 KB, 930x1400
Your memory is shit, OP.
They were never red.

>Then why didnt we get zombie cobra commander and zombie storm shadow?
Because it doesn't fit the mythos.
If you haven't noticed, the toyline has a pretty basic continuity, so why would they kill of Cobra commander and Storm Shadow?
>>
>>5744205
Zombie CC could easily be repainted as DIC/Movie CC.

Paint the zombie face up to look like CC's serpent face.

Similar to Storm Shadow: redo the colors and sell it as "demon paint" Storm Shadow and give a story about how it's from a mission where SS was mind-fucking a target by impersonating an ancient ninja legend about a demon ninja.

Or package them together as "Nightmare CC and Nightmare SS" with the bios flat out saying they are nightmare hallucinations from chemicals used on the GI Joes to make them freak out.
>>
It's understandable that we aren't going to see anything new, considering there's nothing really going on to make major retailers order the line. Retailers really don't have confidence in the GI Joe line after the Retaliation fiasco.

I also think what we're getting is what fans actually want to see, stuff that was hard as fuck to get when it was actually released. How many of us were cursing Hasbro for not releasing more zombies or that specific SE and Storm Shadow?
I have no problems with getting re-releases. It's not as exciting as getting something that's genuinely new, but it is stuff i've wanted.

I am sorta disappointed that there are no vehicle sets this year though.
>>
>>5744016
Anyone else a little bit disapointed from the reveals at joecon?
Looks pretty solid to me.
>couldnt have even changed the color of the zombie vipers
I'd rather have a squad that matches my existing troops.
>>
>>5744315
I guess i wanted some varity in my zombie mob, but desu i am very pumped to get more of one of my favotire joe toys.
>>
>>5744159
I'm pretty hyped for it.
>>
>>5744016
ZOMBIE VIPERS!
and i have never had a modern SAW-Viper
>>
I am looking forward to the stuff announced at JoeCon.
>>
Why is it every complaint I've heard about the 2016 joe con boils down to I didn't get what I wanted so it's shit?

Guess what I wanted Rock n Roll a O13 character whose been stuck in 25th construction for over 8 years now. his CC figure is a repaint and a new head...could have fit him in. Didn't happen. Oh fucking Well. Tombstone, Stilleto and Shooter give the line some needed new blood,
The Zombie vipers and SE/SS set gives people the chance to get the figures they missed out on.
The Saw Viper is a new build so it doesn't make the club one unexclusive
honestly the two worst of the line are Outback and Falcon and thats only because the Club did them better.

This is it the last wave of 50th stuff before the new line Launches and you know what I'm happy with it. I'm happy with all of Joe Con.

FSS5 Fuckin Pumped!
Atleast two more Joe Cons Hell yeah
Two more Consets HELL FUCKIN YEAH!
TF Crossovers plus TF fan tears. an added bonus.

So yeah. maybe we get RnR next year.. right now I'm working on shelve space for Tombstone and my FSS figures.
>>
>only the one new un-exciting photo in the whole thread.

Well. Come in. I didn't see these reveals. I haven't heard shit about gijoes in a while and I'm sure countless others haven't either.

Post more. Enlighten us please.
What's coming down the line?
>>
>>5744016
why did you make another thread about a reply that you posted in the official one, retard?

fuck you

and saged
>>
>>5744651
Becsuse retard, this is my first time posting about this.
>>
>>5744651
The official thread is a fucking joke, because the bulk of the discussion is not even GI Joe stuff buck Kikestarter garbage or other non-GI Joe figures
>>
>>5745792
The 'official' thread specifically makes it just about 1/18 figs and discussed everything Joecon showed off.
>>
>>5744205
>why would they kill of Cobra commander and Storm Shadow?

Clones?
>>
OP is mad because is Moustache-anon and nobody replied his another shitty thread.
>>
>>5744025
>I'm happy that we're getting more Zombies
Pics?
>>
>>5716084 (OP) is the thread with pics:

>>5742056
>>5741400
>>
File: sweaty undead.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
sweaty undead.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
>>5744016
>dat Officer
>>
>>5745866
She is pretty hot desu
>>
>>5744293
You make good figures like POC. Thats how you get them to order.

Truth is Hasbro is too busy sucking Disney off now that their IPs are huge sellers
>>
>>5744293
fans already bought all that shit when it was readily available, even if they had to pay 10 bucks
>>
>>5744043
Becoming a shambling, flesh-hungry zombie might actually improve CC's leadership abilities.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.