[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else collect this bastardized American shitslop called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: P_20160619_012449[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
P_20160619_012449[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Does anyone else collect this bastardized American shitslop called Power Rangers? Am I the only one?
>>
After the clusterfuckery that was the Americanized Boukenger toys, "Operation Overdrive", I refused to get any Bandai of America retools and stuck to the Japanese versions. And they just got progressively worse with their eventual shift to the "Zord Builders" to try and make them all compatible.

Then again, after Shinkenger, I started to avoid collecting them completely because the designs started to get too cartoony for my taste. Only got Go-Busters because I thought things would change, but once I found out the final motorcycle zord negated the use of the original red zord, I gave up again.

Still, the oversimplified BOA designs don't tempt me
>>
>>5742504
I collect them, for the most part I think they're a good representation of their Japanese counterparts. It's just unfortunate that we don't have the option of getting the regular Japanese releases at retail.
>>
File: 1384747387261.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1384747387261.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
>>5742504
It's okay for abominations
>>
>This thread
*Tips katana*
>>
Retrofires are alright. Too bad they're cancelled forever.
>>
>Hadn't bought a new megazord in a long time
>See Samurai was released in NA
>Go to Toysrus
>Purchase Samurai
>Go home and realize doesn't turn into origami mode
>Dragon it litterally a tube
>Return it
>Order Shinken-oh
>Slowly collect all auxiliary zords

Best decision. It's night and day and only the OX cost a lot (due to shipping).
>>
>>5744712
Yeah, I can't stand these neutered, bloated BoA versions either
>>
>>5744712
I wish i wasn't broke, otherwise id be doing the same. Luckily the BoA shit still manages to somewhat keep its value so i can atleast get my money back when i decide to purge them for the sentai mecha.
>>
File: 1447652743176.png (307 KB, 592x261) Image search: [Google]
1447652743176.png
307 KB, 592x261
>>5743393
I want those posters...
>>
I never understand why people get so assblasted when it comes to the BoA megazords. Sure, they are not the quality of BoJ but they are literally 1/4 the price.

For the price they are decent representation of what you see on screen and sometimes they add an extra mode or something.
>>
>>5747083
Because once you've handled the originals, you realize what shit the BOA ones are, and the phrase "You get what you pay for" comes to mind. Granted, I stopped back when the BOA Megazords were nearer the $50 range, and they were still oversimplified and less detailed compared to the Japanese ones that I could get for $50-$60 at HLJ
>>
>>5750057
weren't the megazords relatively close to Japanese versions up through power rangers RPM? maybe just missing some electronic features? BoA ones turned to shit when they started the whole zord builder system after that.
>>
>>5750114
Operation Overdrive was the start of new molds. Titan Megazord was the last one we got the same mold as Japan.
>>
>>5750146
Actually that was Jungle Fury.

DX Touja and Fire got Western releases and there were 2 special releases of SaiDaiOh and a boxset of GekiTouja and the Rin Beasts, both exclusive to the Disney Stores.
>>
>>5747083
It's really the questionable decisions of BoA that get to me. Like, why does the BoA version of Tobaspino have a fucking gun instead of his ax and boomerang? It literally would have been cheaper for them to just make it like the Japanese version instead of making it a projectile firing gun. The BoA version of Bragigas has molded in zyudenchi when they could have saved plastic and just left them empty holes. I do like that they are a fraction of the price and that's why I buy them because I'm poor. It would just be nice if they could keep them as faithful as possible to their JP counterpart.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.