[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bored at work. ask a toys r us employee anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
bored at work. ask a toys r us employee anything.
>>
>>5738078
You're using data, aren't you? Their wifi blocks this site.
>>
What's up with that empty box?
>>
the store has zero wifi. luckily I have a pretty good data plan.

the box was for a big Lego technic set
>>
>>5738078
Get to work shill.You should be cleaning up some aisle a little kid massacred with their temper tantrum.
>>
>>5738078
You guys got any world of nintendo wind waker links?
>>
>>5738115
it's a Thursday night the store is wild slow
>>
>>5738117
no
>>
Can I have your job, OP?

You can have mine.
>>
>>5738078
Would you recommend working there if one already has a similar retail job? My current one is okay but it also requires some specific knowledge I'm not entirely comfortable with trying to give to customers.
>>
>>5738078
How often do you see shoplifters?
>>
>>5738137
highly recommend. besides dealing with shitty kids and rude parents once in a while it's a really comfy job
>>
>>5738146
Will consider then, I don't mind rude folks much.
>>
Ever had sex at work?
>>
>>5738142
haven't caught anyone in the act but I find open boxes often, expecially Pokemon cards.

one time a guy tried buying a car seat but put a differnt barcode sticker that rang up 11$ I had to pretend like someone else put the sticker there rang him up for the real price. card declined. dude leaves. I check out the car seat box. no car seat but 2000 dollars worth of bed linens.
>>
>>5738078
call your managers niggers like I did at toysrus and stay for 2 years :^)
>>
>>5738166
Then he's pretty dumb for not buying it... Worth thing I saw was someone buy 4 Wii U Pro Controllers and returned them. After it was processed we found they were filled with juice boxes. I thought it was hilarious. The service people suck. There's also the classic return with something else in the box. I tell them and the next day I see it on the shelf again. So they don't do their job right and they don't listen to people who know better.
>>
>>5738137
An odd concern. At what kind of place do you work?
>>
>>5738078
What do you think of people like the autistic NEETs on this board when they come to your store? How do you deal with them?
>>
>>5738325

I can tell right away when someone's buying a toy for themselves and not a child.

amiibofags are not that bad. they go straight to the amiibos and ask if we have certain ones "in the back" honestly don't really see these people often anymore.

transformer people got there shit on lock tho. usually have there stuff on hold, they have the TRU credit card and reward dollars ready to go.
>>
>>5738078
how much puss do you get pham
>>
Steal a Metroid for me
>>
>>5738409
>transformer people got there shit on lock tho

If they're buying from TRU, they ain't got shit on lock. TRU charges $5-7 more per figure for most TF shit, it's crazy.
>>
What pays more, sales or "off hours stock"?
>>
>>5738078
You get any credit cards?
Square trades?
Enjoying the new fake music?
>>
>>5738204
My store took back a couple of $300 Lego boxes filled with used, broken and/or painted on old bricks as well as k'nex, mega blocks and tinker toys.

>>5738554
Neither but off hours isn't gonna get on your case about selling people on shit.
>>
When are you fucking gonna get Weird Al in?
>>
>>5738078
What's your store number? I want to call in and tell them what a fucking slacker you are.
>>
>>5738267
Pet store. I wouldn't mind it at all were it not for the fact I am not a pet owner.
>>
>>5738078
How does toys r us handle greasy neckbeard scalpers? Do you let them get all seven of a figure and happily accept his money or tell him to fuck off and get one?

Got any good customer stories?
>>
>>5738146
>Comfy
Fuck off its boring at best and horrid at worst.
>>5738581
Fuck that music. I worked the past 3 weeks doing overnight resets and it's been playing in the quiet ass store all night since it was installed. It's like less then a two hour loop. It's awful.
>>5739121
Not him, but generally there is nothing we can do unless corporate puts a limit on the product like Amiibo and occasionally Shopkins. Fuck Shopkins
>>
>>5738204
>>5738586

Holy shit, I work at walmart and anytime a return is done they examine EVERYTHING and sometimes have someone from that department look at it to see if everything is there. If that happened at my store whoever did the return would get a MAJOR ass chewing if not fired.
>>
>>5738078
Do you use the bathrooms at work?
>>
When people price match from online or other stores, what was the biggest difference?
>>
>>5739118
Never would have thought of that. Completely explains your stance.
>>
>>5738078
If I wanted to get a job at a Toysrus would it be better to apply online or in person?
>>
>>5738078
how many cashiers have you banged?
>>
>>5738166
>>5738204
>>5739241
i require more stories of people returning broken shit or doing outrageous things in the store
>>
File: therstandsforretarded.jpg (356 KB, 1080x1776) Image search: [Google]
therstandsforretarded.jpg
356 KB, 1080x1776
11-6 tomorrow notbad
>>
>>5738452
Not him, but as a tf collector I only buy from them if other shops are out of stock of the last figure I need for a set.

I can wait on cheaper stores and play chicken with stock availability, or pay the little extra to get specifics.

There is logic into paying more sometimes, money isn't a problem its availability and desire levels
>>
Former Rzone worker here. I requested Rzone because it was better than being a cashier and was right next to Boys section, but that did fuck all as we werent "allowed" to move past the first aisle in. On slow days I would shut myself into "the booth" (the lockup) and stand up close to the door on my phone, just outside the camera range. I'd always wonder if anyone watching the camera (nobody was ever) wondered why sometimes the door just opened and closed occasionally without anyone coming in. I only started doing that after I had been working there for a whole year and was one of the best/knowledgeable workers yet totally got shit on by upper management recognition wise. They'd literally ask for favors or my help nine times a day, then when the reviews came around I got "average" team player.

Working closing shifts was hell on earth if you had a lazy crew. I'd manage to clean Rzone, Boys, and Bikes completely before the lazy fucking "front end" people even made it past seasonal. And then there was always this one asshole who would walk around with the reshop cart and either collect it as he went or put it back piece by piece, which took fucking hours instead of just organizing it into sections and banging out the sections. And none of the managers ever helped. Come store closing, they'd lock the doors, disappear into their office, and then be back out in time to ask whether we are done or not because its been an hour and they want to go. They were all nice though, just lazy as fuck, and no fun allowed.
>>
>>5739105
" uhh hi one of your employees is shitposting on 4..."

*click
>>
some one returned a baby bath once and there was an ounce of weed inside the box
>>
File: _20160618_190243.jpg (698 KB, 2156x1925) Image search: [Google]
_20160618_190243.jpg
698 KB, 2156x1925
I had to read storytime today that was a nightmare. also got the promotional lego speed champions podium so that was cool
>>
>>5741883
that was supposed to happen at my store too but there were no kids in the store so we skipped it.

did you have to dress up as Geoffrey ?
>>
>>5741951
Anytime they do store exclusive events, I kinda wonder just how it pans out considering how dead toystores tend to be on saturday mornings.
>>
>>5738137
>My current one is okay but it also requires some specific knowledge I'm not entirely comfortable with trying to give to customers.
See? You should've thought of that before applying at the Adult Megaplexxx. No go start your own "ask me anything" thread so we can entertain ourselves asking questions like, what's it like cleaning the viewing rooms, selling dildos to fat black women, et cetera.
>>
>>5740939
i think i know you
>>
>>5738915
east coaster here, just got him in yesterday
>>
>>5741951
>>5741954
I was the only one manning the speed champ promo and i ran out of the podiums in an hour (100) making sure to only give to parents with kids. some collector got up in my face for not giving him one in front of kids. pretty lame. I read to the kids today so my co-worker wore geoffrey this month. I'm in a highly populated wealthy area and there were probably 50+ kids sitting for story time today.
>>
>>5738078
when are the Giant Man ML's, Quillfire and new pokemon line coming out?
>>
>>5738915
what? I'd buy the hell out of a wierd al figure
>>
I haven't been to a toys r us in 20 years.

What does it look like on the inside?
>>
>>5740475
I'm the guy from walmart, I work in the wireless department so I don't see TOO much crazy shit like that but i did hear one story that's not /toy/ related, anyway, some dumb bitch bought a raw chicken and left it in her car for like a week and tried to return it when it went bad.
Just recently someone tried to return a samsung phone but the back of the phone was to an lg so I said no. She called corporate who called my manager who laughed his ass off and everyone told her no. She was "very upset and never shopping at walmart again" over a shitty $20 phone
Most return stories I have are basically someone did something dumb and broke their phone 3 months after the return period and still think they can exchange it. Or they are within the return period but don't understand that I will not allow them to return their iphone that they dropped in the toilet and that has a cracked screen
>>
>>5738581
>the fake music
I enjoy it more than the shit they used to play. I dread the christmas season.
>>
>>5740578
10 - 5 for me.
>>
How big and or tight are your work pants allowed to be?
>>
>>5742586
Whatever you want
>>
>>5742532

IT'S A KWANZA CELEBRAAATION!

It's Baxter Day!
>>
>>5742527
Was she your typical trailerpark greaseball? I work in wireless too and that's usually the people that try shifty stuff with us.
>>
You have any workplace snitches/brown nosers?

I can't understand why a supervisor wouldn't be immediately suspicious of someone who cares too much about what other people are doing.
>>
>>5743018
Always is. Greasy hair, shirt that has probably been worn every day for a week and probably missing at least one tooth. Do it long enough and you just learn to pick out the problem customers as soon as they walk uo
>>
>>5738078
>>5740578
they make you cucks wear shitty t-shirts now? jeez, when i worked there we wore red polos and black pants.
>>
>>5742532
>I enjoy it more than the shit they used to play
At first I was just glad there was a change but it's already starting to get on my nerves.

>I dread the christmas season.
Since it all seems to be unsigned/youtube artists we'll probably be hearing this again:
https://youtu.be/SSePM_aspK4
>>
Are there FNAF figures or funko merch in general
>>
>>5744843
Not too much fnaf. Lots of little things like keychains of the characters
>>
>>5741955
I do not understand the joke behind this post. I work at a pet store. I am not a pet owner.
>>
>>5738078
When applying, do you put "I collect" on 'why you want to work here' section?
>>
File: 1458974239072.png (314 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
1458974239072.png
314 KB, 640x479
>At work tonight
>Group of Jeffery's walk towards R-Zone
>My co-worker and I stare them down as they are shopping
>They got freaked out and left
Felt good, mane.
>>
Not OP but I work at TRU too.

>>5738082
My store manager doesn't even know what the wifi password is, nobody does. So none of our demo tablets work.

>>5739180
>Fuck that music. I worked the past 3 weeks doing overnight resets and it's been playing in the quiet ass store all night since it was installed. It's like less then a two hour loop. It's awful.

Most of it yeah, but there's one song from Chaos Chaos in the mix, and that's perfectly okay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VioijRLGcw

>>5739485
Where else am I supposed to go?

>>5740464
There is only one way to apply, and that is online.

>>5740578
6-10

>>5740939
Are you me?

>>5746333
You have more than one person in RZone?
>>
File: AbandonedTRU.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
AbandonedTRU.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
I once walked into a TRU undergoing remodeling.

It was a scary place.
>>
>>5746333
What's a Jeffrey?
>>
>>5746383
Oh boy, I used to look under the flaps of the shelves and find all kinds of old shit that was forgotten about that was years old.
>>
>>5746392
It's a joint laced with Heroin, LSD, cocaine, extacy, and I think it has PCP.
>>
>>5746392
TRU slang for black kids who are only in the store to shoplift
>>
>>5746383
I went there once, it was great since a ton of products ended up with paint on the package, or scratches. They practically had the entire Lego section on clearance since it was right next to the heavily altered area, and the sets weren't moved until a few days after remodeling started.
>>
>>5746360
No, it's usually just one person but it just so happened that my co-worker was talking to me at the time so we just both stayed back in R-Zone until they left.
>>
File: 20160621_191013.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1072) Image search: [Google]
20160621_191013.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1072
Checking in
>>
>>5747471
YOUR SHOES ARE NOT BLACK ENOUGH REEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 2188244 750.jpg (33 KB, 750x324) Image search: [Google]
2188244 750.jpg
33 KB, 750x324
>>5746383
I remember TRUs after black friday. Shelves were nearly empty. Nothing but leftover duplos, generic plushies, that one or two Transformer that clogs shelves.

the Employees were kind of huddled together on the front desk, and id look at them thinking theyd tell me theyd close. but theyd just greet me, implying the store was still open for a browse around.

i dont see that anymore for some reason. post-black friday these days is just like a regular day, with toys still hanging around.
>>
>>5748457
Don't care all that much, neither does anyone else.
>>
>>5746392
Code Geoffrey over the walkie is a thief in the store.

Mostly black women stuffing diaper bags FULL and leaving. Or even strollers.
>>
>>5747471

Daaammmnnn Daniel, back again with the busted ass kicks.
>>
>>5747471
Next pic have your dick out.
>>
>>5749218
More like busted ass keys, this magnet has been dropped / thrown so many times that the only thing holding it together is lots of packing tape. Store manager won't buy a new one even though baby desk is missing theirs.

>>5749285
Why? This is a blue board.
>>
File: 1465805014477.jpg (102 KB, 430x627) Image search: [Google]
1465805014477.jpg
102 KB, 430x627
>>5747471
>Putting the keys around your neck
Have fun getting the magnet stuck on fucking everything
>>
>>5750599
Normally I tuck it down my shirt in between my other shirt. Then it only gets stuck on my keys. I do the same with my glasses when I'm not using them.
>>
Do you get your shirt for free or do they make you pay for it?
>>
>>5750604
That's a good idea. I just usually keep it in my pocket.
>>
>>5750621
I got mine for free.
>>
>>5750621
I got two for free. Hell, if you get it dirty on your shift you can grab another if you want.

>>5750622
I've got a bunch in my pockets already. Wallet, phone, box cutter, old id badge. Possibly a radio and / or sapphire if we're out of pouches / clips.
>>
>>5750628
I just usually stuff all my junk in my locker.
>>
>>5750630
Never bothered to get one. Been there since the end of last July and I've just been putting everything in my lunchbox or carrying it with me.
>>
>>5750633
I got a locker to keep some toys I want in it. My managers are chill and know I do this.
>>
How much is your employee discount?
>>
>>5752314
10%
>>
>>5752319
damn that's as bad as amazon's.
>>
Got an interview on Monday, any tips?
>>
>>5752951
>Why do you want to work here
>Staff discount
>>
>>5742046

For real? I'm in New England.

>>5752951

Literally just be cool and be yourself. If you dont get hired for being yourself, you wouldnt like working there anyways. Its literally going to be a shitty and long group interview with five or six other people, so as long as you dont vomit or say you like raping people or anything the only thing that matters is "how little can we pay you"
>>
>>5752951
There's nothing to it. I basically got hired because I'm alive.
>>
File: NECA-Weird-Al-Packaged.jpg (280 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
NECA-Weird-Al-Packaged.jpg
280 KB, 1024x1280
>>5742251
>>
>>5752319
Same discount I get at Target. Except they do this bullshit where I only get it if I pay cash or use their credit card, it's ridiculous.

I end up gravitating towards the toy section to work in anyway, since you can pretty much work wherever you want if you get the specific pull carts for those sections.

Little annoyed today though, I had to deal with an obnoxious Funko Pop collector. I fucking hate those people, and I hope you guys here are at least aware that the "back room" isn't some magical wonderland that has everything you don't see on the floor.
>>
>>5754019
That's probably my situation. I selected all the hours when I applied, so they're most likely just looking for someone that is very flexible.

Plus I botched all the assessments, really surprised I even got an interview.
>>
>>5746383
Many years ago my TRU clearanced everything as it was turning into a Babies R Us. They moved the worthwhile shit out and rearranged the shelves so only a quarter of the floor space was in use. You could see the empty space through the shelves or if you were tall enough. It was clearance hell with flying Mexicans until it closed.

Same thing happened when it remodeled again into TRU/ BRU except no Mexicans because no one wants baby stuff in January.
>>
>>5754024
Holy shit
>>
>>5754024
This is probably the only figure I'd want to keep in box. That package design is amazing
>>
>>5743060
If you are management it is literally your job to know what everyone else is doing, and successful busting of shitty or lazy employees can get you up the rungs faster

Which, if you're shooting for management, it's to get that fucken money OR you get off on the power fantasy
>>
>>5738166
>2000 dollars worth of bed linens
what the fuck how
>>
>>5740939
>if anyone watching the camera (nobody was ever)
Is this the standard for TRU/Wal-Mart? I'm asking for a friend
>>
>>5746395
i want to do this badly but there is no toys r us in my town that's old

all the other stores have had their shit moved around often enough for no old stuff to be there
>>
>>5738078
>I used to work at Babies R Us.

Is the unloading of trucks still awful? The R Us corporation had some of the shittiest transportation of stuff around.
>>
>>5755692
no one is hired to sit and watch the cameras all day

they just review them if something is stolen

there are tons of areas out of camera anyways
>>
>>5755745
But then how do they find out that something got stolen

I heard of one guy who saw an open box for half-off at Wal-Mart that was duct-taped together but still open, he took the sole remaining minifigure from it as the other two were stolen.

It's not stealing if it's sloppy seconds r-right
>>
>>5755789
they know by either witness reports, employee witnesses or inventory

i mean technically at some point of the day someone could be looking at the screens but it's unlikely
>>
>>5755800
Oh.
>>
>>5755789
I don't think they would've been in the wrong if it hadn't already been discounted for the previous theft. Taking a piece or three from ruined goods is a grey area to me since I don't think you really know what will happen to them. The store could mark it down, or they could just throw it in the dumpster. If they do just mark it down, it's determined to still be merchandise, and taking anything after that point is just a new theft.

That's how I see it, anyway.
>>
>>5754312
>and I hope you guys here are at least aware that the "back room" isn't some magical wonderland that has everything you don't see on the floor.

Most people are usually aware, but it never hurts to ask. If I didn't ask, for example, I'd totally have missed out on a bunch of figures at various Walmart's I've been to, because there at least, they don't seem to restock individual figures, they just pick shit at random out of the box it's in and toss it on the shelves.
>>
>>5738581
>new fake music
literally nobody in my store has heard any of the new music before.
the PB&J songs will be missed.
>>
Ever drop a swingset on your foot with your store manager and BOH manager standing right there?
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.