[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal Warriors of The Kingdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9
File: Animal Warriors of The Kingdom.jpg (149 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
Animal Warriors of The Kingdom.jpg
149 KB, 680x453
Didn't see a thread for this and that's surprising given how /toy/ likes the old yanky toys from the 80s.

This line is already over 1/3rd funded on Kickstarter, so it looks like it'll be made.

Figures are basically as articulated as Hasbro's MU figures and they're 1:18 scale too.

Fight skeleton and medusa snakes from HACKS against monkey gangs? Yes, please.
>>
File: HORRID SOLDIER - Feral Mandrill.jpg (154 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
HORRID SOLDIER - Feral Mandrill.jpg
154 KB, 680x453
There's going to be different kind of monkey apes and i really like these guys
Might also get the eye patch guy and that's probably it... not sure how many i want to buy though.
>>
File: animal stretch goals.jpg (187 KB, 680x745) Image search: [Google]
animal stretch goals.jpg
187 KB, 680x745
If they get to their stretch goals, i'll be poor

Big apes are a must to army build
>>
>>5736010
cool but i wanna see some pose pics instead of the figures just standing there
>>
File: animal protos.jpg (68 KB, 679x374) Image search: [Google]
animal protos.jpg
68 KB, 679x374
>>5736037
Most actiony poses on their kickstarter
>>
File: villainy monkey.gif (2 MB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
villainy monkey.gif
2 MB, 680x453
And I'm dumb, forgot to post the kickstarter URL

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thekingdomcomic/animal-warriors-of-the-kingdom
>>
File: 0000c.jpg (201 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
0000c.jpg
201 KB, 680x453
>>5736065
>action poses include 'lifting arms up' and 'kneeling'
yeah no

also why are their heads so big
just look at this shit
>>
>>5736010
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>5736082
Those necks are extremely long too... Who thought the body proportions and those color schemes were good?
>>
File: animal original.jpg (101 KB, 680x576) Image search: [Google]
animal original.jpg
101 KB, 680x576
>>5736082
because they're cartoony monkeys

And yeah, i think it's pretty weird how all their poses are so static, espeically given the fact that their thoughs stick out so much from the hip section.
They should get much wider range from their joints if the hip joints are attached anything like a GI Joe or MU figure.

>>5736088
all of /toy/ is a shill just for talking about upcoming toys and what toys we like.
And i only just found out about this line today and haven't put in any money yet, i just thought it'd be something /toy/ would like to see.
>>
>>5736103
they''re not bad... but i would have preferred them to look more beastly instead of hairy humans
>>
>>5736103

Every single individual picture that the KS figure is in looks so awkward. Especially that top middle one. That's supposed to be a lunging pose? Legitimately made me laugh out loud. When there are superior kick-started projects out there, like HACKS, these just seem to fade away into the background.
>>
feels like furry bait figures
>>
File: bowser broken shoulder.jpg (267 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
bowser broken shoulder.jpg
267 KB, 1600x900
>>5736130
The poses might be all stiff because they're prototypes and they don't want to start breaking them, which is a fear with many prototypes. There's no reason for them to look so stiff, especially when the prototype action poses pic shows a better range of motion.
It's not uncommon to see clay or sticky tack being used to hold demonstration figures together at trade shows.

>>5736124
I don't know if you noticed, but their torsos are very elongated and they have pretty stumpy legs.

I'd love to see larger images to get a better look at how the paint and sculpt looks like.
>>
>>5736683
>The poses might be all stiff because they're prototypes and they don't want to start breaking them
All of the figures are fully casted from Broken Arrow Toys. They just don't have that much range in the end.

The KS reminds me some of that generic girl super hero one. Better sculpts for the heads and feet, but something overall I won't care about once they're here.

All of the stretch goals make it pricey for no reason if it gets that far. Same as the dino feather KS, too many options are being tossed around because they saw HACKS and Mythic Legions do it. This time from someone far less tested.

Then there's the poor choice of venue to show these off. They're at JoeCon this weekend for the GI Joe fans to see. A tiny con in tiny Loveland, CO over an hour away from Denver where the third largest US comic book convention is happening the same weekend. Why show these off at JoeCon and not the Denver show? Oh, it's because they're just sitting in a display case on Broken Arrow Toys table. The other advertising besides this sad shill thread? Podcasts. Yeah, that'll bring them in
>>
File: animal kingdom articulation.jpg (74 KB, 680x405) Image search: [Google]
animal kingdom articulation.jpg
74 KB, 680x405
>>5736696
I didn't know Broken Arrow made any actual figures. Their site is down, so pics?
As mentioned, the poses image shows range that isn't done in that TMNT/GI Joe comparison, and they're not even using the thigh swivel.

>The KS reminds me some of that generic girl super hero one. Better sculpts for the heads and feet, but something overall I won't care about once they're here.
But that was cheap shit.
Samefag faces, missing important articulation like fucking ankles. It's like if Mattel made them. Generic as hell girl figures.

Whereas these? Featuring some of the highpoints of Hasbro's MU line.

>Why show these off at JoeCon and not the Denver show?
Are you serious?
Not a fan of 1:18 or something?
When was the last time anyone heard about Denver Comic Con anyway? There's only two comic cons where anything important is announced and that's NYCC and SDCC. Everything else is flea market central. Fuck, even JoeCon is an overglorified flea market, but at least things get announced there that many of us on /toy/ pay attention to.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.