[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a toy have Doll-hair and still be an action figure?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: DRH15_001_600px.jpg (99 KB, 600x802) Image search: [Google]
DRH15_001_600px.jpg
99 KB, 600x802
Can a toy have Doll-hair and still be an action figure?
>>
All action figures are dolls, men just get their panties in a bunch when you say it.
>>
>>5735210
Legally? no. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_Biz,_Inc._v._United_States
have fun being objectively wrong, tho
>>
>>5735176
My instinct says no but she's got some pointy bits.
>>
File: 14806lacy_panties1.jpg (143 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
14806lacy_panties1.jpg
143 KB, 700x466
>>5735797
>>
File: wells laugh.jpg (22 KB, 411x449) Image search: [Google]
wells laugh.jpg
22 KB, 411x449
>>5735797
>being this upset that people call your toys dolls.
>being this insecure about your hobby
MFW
>>
>>5735905
they're literally not though. The patent for the original 11'' GI Joes specify that they are derivatives of dolls, but the addition of articulation is technically what differentiates a "doll" and an "action figure." So yes, technically lines like DC Superhero Girls and Monster High are Action Figures in the original sense.

Modern hard plastic action figures derive from the engineering of GI Joe, but are not actually similar to the original patented "Action Figure." Calling them "Dolls" would be like calling a human a chimpanzee.
>>
>>5736026
>Fighting this hard over such a meaningless word.
Just how much easing do you go through to cause this much insecurity?
>>
>>5735176

Is that one of those ritualistic suicide knives?
>>
>>5736055
what? girls these days LOVE seppeku
>>
File: thewendigo.jpg (47 KB, 648x582) Image search: [Google]
thewendigo.jpg
47 KB, 648x582
does this look like a doll?
>>
>>5736140
I mean, my 9-year-old sister would comb the shit out of that hair. but since your making definitions, how do YOU define a doll?
>>
>>5736161
no idea, I just wanted an excuse to talk about wendigo's pretty hair
>>
>>5735176
That looks awfully detailed for a cheap toy cash in for a girl's show. Is this like a premium line?
>>
>>5737553
>cheap toy cash in for a girl's show.

You got it backwards. The show is the cheap cash-in on the toyline.

And yes, that's an SDCC exclusive.
>>
>>5735176
I really hope Marvel tries to compete with this line.
I want nice dolls of my favourite heroines.
>>
>>5737553
To be fair, the original MH dolls were also highly detailed, with lots of accessories. Some of them even had sculpted details, like "scars", "fur" and stuff.

Unfortunately, they have lost some of that because the sales are not as good, so mattel had to cut the budget.
>>
File: tumblr_n9j43pOXX91slp5oqo1_1280.jpg (449 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9j43pOXX91slp5oqo1_1280.jpg
449 KB, 600x900
>>5736026
> the addition of articulation is technically what differentiates a "doll" and an "action figure."
Someone better go tell the Dollfie Dream and ball-jointed-doll people that they're actually action figures. Also anyone with a Made-to-move Barbie...hell even MHs have like twelve joints and may qualify.
>>
action figures are dolls marketed to boys so the don't feel like faggots
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.