[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pocket Mazes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 18
File: Going Up.png (673 KB, 616x592) Image search: [Google]
Going Up.png
673 KB, 616x592
/toy/ I know this is irregular, but I need your help

I'm looking for some particularly rare Melissa & Doug toys, 'Pocket Mazes'. Specifically I'm looking for

Going Up? (Pictured)
and
Gridlock (To be Pictured)

Does anyone have any information on where to buy them for a reasonable, or even unreasonable, price?

Also Pocket Mazes in general thread, I suppose.
>>
File: Pocket Mazes.png (512 KB, 534x448) Image search: [Google]
Pocket Mazes.png
512 KB, 534x448
>The only image I can find of Gridlock
>>
I'd rather play pocket pool.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (38 KB, 400x376) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
38 KB, 400x376
Pocket Maze Bump

Bubble Burst is kinda simple, you have to put all the balls in their divots, but it has little fish in there to mess you up.
>>
>>5731883
Pool is evil! Promotes degeneracy!!!
>>
File: 51SXJHZY1SL._SY355_.jpg (30 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51SXJHZY1SL._SY355_.jpg
30 KB, 355x355
Castle Rescue is the Dark Souls of Pocket Mazes!

A simple 'guide the ball through the maze' labyrinth, I think this one may be close to my least favourite because the holes that you use to get to the different 'zones' require jostling the maze or standing it on an end instead of just sliding through.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (31 KB, 395x400) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
31 KB, 395x400
Crazy Commute

One of the rarer Pocket Mazes, Crazy Commute is simple enough, you move the cars to their proper homes without doing something retarded like having them be upside-down.
>>
Lighthouse Rally

It's a simple 'Move the Ball, Don't Fall' but there are clear walls and divots to throw you off. Not bad, but not exceptional, either.
>>
Log Jam

A simple maze of logs you have to traverse to get to the end (which leads to the beginning, which is nice). It's more interesting that this is one of two mazes that has been 'ripped off' by an Australian design company.
>>
Going to bed bump, please, any info helps!
>>
File: $_1.jpg (39 KB, 400x378) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
39 KB, 400x378
Meteor Maze

Simple 'Move Ball to Exit' with divots and holes to avoid while going along the path. Seems like a prototype for Lighthouse Rally, but I'm not sure which came out first...
>>
interesting, i've never seen these before

they look cool though, can understand the nostalgia
>>
>>5733505

I have this one... it's true.
>>
>>5740407
This appears to have a ramp in the starting corner instead of just a hole.

Though it could be a later revision.
>>
>>5740959

This is true! I suppose that means the Meteor Maze probably came out later, after they learned that Ramp > Hole. Good catch!
>>
File: $_1.jpg (34 KB, 400x374) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
34 KB, 400x374
Skate Park Challenge

This one is simple enough, 'Get the Ball to the end' with some jumps and enough of a slant that you can fall off the edge. Though the rails more or less keep you safe.

This one is interesting in that it's double the width of the other pocket mazes, probably to make more room for the skating.
>>
You ever just try to make them yourself?
>>
>>5744235
I've never seen these but I'm kind of interested. Does anyone remember the old Mario Kart toys from Taco Bell? They had a pretty cool ball maze shaped like a N64 controller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpaVp-MEE3o
>>
>>5744235

I thought about that, but the exact mechanics of the mazes are unknown to everyone that I've talked to. Even the 'best guess' for Gridlock was 'Yeah, it was like, a car, in some kind of maze?' and that was from the company itself!
>>
>>5744249

Heck yeah, man! I've been trying to get one of the Starfox ones, but they're particularly rare these days as well. They go up for auction on occasion but I don't want to pay 80 bucks for it, y'know?
>>
File: 81GCqoDpZhL._SL1500_.jpg (245 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
81GCqoDpZhL._SL1500_.jpg
245 KB, 1500x844
Snake Slide

This one is simple enough, just guide all the balls from the 'start' divot around the maze back to the same divot on the other side. There are small obstacles, but this is one of the simpler ones. Also ripped off by an Australian design team... I think.
>>
File: 6.jpg (59 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
59 KB, 390x390
Tricky Train

Easily the hardest of the pocket mazes by a large margin, Tricky Train is a bastard wrapped in a bitch and tossed together with a cunt to solve. In and of itself it is simple. 'Get the pieces into the right slot'.
>>
Water Works

Guide the balls (There are two) through the clear plastic maze from Start to Finish. Simple, but alright.
>>
Page 10 Bump, will show off some non-m&d pocket mazes after I get up tomorrow.
>>
File: yioptq1429862273099.jpg (58 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
yioptq1429862273099.jpg
58 KB, 384x384
'Handheld Labyrinth'

Goes by many names, and has many shapes, but these are mostly based off of the wooden labyrinth that most puzzles like this are inspired by. I don't own this one, but it's not hard to find about 800 on ebay.
>>
Is OP still here?
>>
Any way until he gets back

Hey OP!
A friend of mine knows a little about the two games you are asking about.
He said gridlock is a simple move the "ball" to the end the ball being a car with obstacles in the way like construction or other cars. He also said that it was part of a two pack that most people didn't buy. (Take that for what you will)
And going up is the same only the elevators are blocking the path.
He claims to have one of them, I'll keep you updated
>>
>>5758088

That's awesome, anon, thank you!
>>
File: Overpass.jpg (45 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Overpass.jpg
45 KB, 800x800
Overpass

Moving on to Mr Puzzle.au puzzles, I have a feeling that they have the same designer, or have just grabbed 'popular' designs and cribbed them. Either way, this is like Skate Park Challenge (and additionally like a Six Flags made Wooden Maze) except instead of solid plastic it has wooden slats lined up.
>>
File: Mass Confusion.jpg (49 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Mass Confusion.jpg
49 KB, 800x800
Mass Confusion

Another 'M&N Like', this one is trying to emulate Snake Slide, but without the divots to 'finish' and the ones to avoid. Pretty basic stuff without the theming.
>>
File: Log Jam.jpg (49 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Log Jam.jpg
49 KB, 800x800
Log Jam

Just like the other one, once again (sensing a pattern?) except the pieces in the middle are different shapes. This is the last of the 'Copycat Series' leaving 2 more originals.
>>
>>5764217

To be fair, I actually like that the 'start' is the same as the 'finish' for play on this one. It's an interesting solution to the 'We can't put in a sub-section' problem.
>>
File: The Line Up.jpg (46 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
The Line Up.jpg
46 KB, 800x800
The Line Up

This one is pretty straightforward. 'Get the Balls in the Slots at the same time' but the result might be a bit more challenging than it seems. Looks interesting, for a non M&D type.
>>
Waiting on anon to come back. Here's hopin...
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.