[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MOTU General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 19
Can you buy this if you're not apart of the Matty club? If so what are the odds of being able to snatch one? Any leads on the release date?

Also, MOTU general
>>
>>5730455
>known for dim-witted associates
>immediately lists associates' names
Man, way to put Trapjaw and Beastman on blast
>>
File: Skeletor Sexy.jpg (336 KB, 817x800) Image search: [Google]
Skeletor Sexy.jpg
336 KB, 817x800
>>5730455
If they don't sell out for the early access for Matty Club members, then any stock remaining will be available on the 15th for anyone to order.

I wouldn't put too much hope on it, though, Matty's site is pretty god awful and scalpers swarm the fuck out of it.
>>
>>5730455
1. Yes, you can buy it during all access if you're not a subscriber

2. Minimal, you are 99.9999% fucked in that regard. But if you can't get it now and it "sells out" you'll still be able to get it during the November cyber monday sale

3. How the fuck do you come here with a screen shot from the matty site itself with today's date in the filename no less proving that you were just looking at it and not know when the sale goes on and it's released? It's plastered all over their site, on almost every possible page you can navigate to
>>
>>5730625
Because I didnt do any research and I wanted answers now
>>
>>5730526
Sub figures are not for sale during early access.
>>
>>5730455
Trap-Jaw trademarked but Beast-Man just Registered? those seem similarly generic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjli31vfMR8
>>
I don't think i've ever seen someone sell motuc on the bst outside of the common ones like molarr
>>
>>5730816
I bought a lot of harder to find ones off of someone on the BST back in 2013. Demo Man, Man-E-Faces, Optikk, and a few others, and they were $10-15 apiece. Seller was toppest of top tiers. I've seen Draego-Man pop up every few months as well.
>>
What figures do you feel missing in your collection, either figures you missed or figures that haven't been made?
>>
>>5730852
I have almost all of the 2nd tier rare/pricey figures, but my collection will probably be forever incomplete without Fisto. God damn, the price tag on him loose is just depressing... I still need to snag Scareglow, Kobra Khan, and AE He-Man, those fuckers are looming over my head as lofty purchases that need to be made. Thankfully Scareglow can drop down into the $50 range on a good day.
>>
File: Anti-He-Man package.jpg (358 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Anti-He-Man package.jpg
358 KB, 480x640
>>5730918
>AE He-Man
He's on My list too. Matty Collector shows him as "coming soon", been that way all last week. I don't know if he's going to be part of this week's sale of it it's just saying that to be fuckteases.
>>
>>5730935
He's one of their annual bullshit chase figures. He's not part of a regular sale until Black Friday and the tiny handful they released to subscriber's early access. He just gets put on sale briefly with no announcement like Spirit of Hordak and Spirit of Grayskull to spite us.
>>
>>5730952
I ignored Spirit of Grayskull, but I remember Hordak's page being a cheeky fuck "Oh, he's gone back to hiding, better luck next time!".

So I'm slightly more optimistic that the "coming soon" means he'll pop up sooner than later.
>>
>>5730918

Man, I'm glad I bought Scareglow when I did. I got him mostly because of the X-Entertainment article, too. Plus, well, cool glowing skeleton.
>>
>>5730935
>>5730954
Can it only be viewed in the early access sub area? I can't see its listing in the pleb shop for matty collector.
>>
>>5730455
http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2016/06/03/615-releases-announced-skeletor-arrivesnew-club-grayskull-filmation-style-figure/
Looks like he's not even available for early access.

I've taken MotUC off my radar for years. I hope if there's a Filmation Hordak, you guys will tell me. That's about the only thing I want, and this Skeletor.
>>
How the fuck do you even make a account on matty collector?

I've been looking around the website but I only see a login option.
>>
>>5731603
Hahahah. Yeah, their site has always been garbage. If I remember, you have to add something to your cart and then try to check-out. It's something you'll want to do to set everything up before the insane pace of order day anyways.
You'll also want to log in around 10 minutes before order time so that doesn't slow you down either. I don't know if it still logs you out after a while, but if so you don't want to log in too much more than that.
>>
Easier/less stressful to just cherry pick. Especially since all of the good figures have been released already
>>
File: image.jpg (484 KB, 1061x1541) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
484 KB, 1061x1541
Picked this up recently. I didn't even know it existed until I saw it at my LCS
>>
>>5734334
How much did you pay? It's on my wishlist.
>>
>>5734334
He's pretty awesome, although he looks like Hulk Hogan to Me.

Have you guys seen the Fall of Grayskull fanfilm?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzPzBYwjVk8
>Teela's boobs....
>>
>>5734338
He was 50 but I talked them down to 45
>>5734342
Wow i've never seen that, i'll have to check it out
>>
>>5734349
$45 is not bad. For a while there were a lot of chinese sellers hawking cheap CGMan without the gear but those seem to have dried up for the most part.
>>
Anyone selling motuc?
>>
Got a Skeletor, looks like it sold out already 10 minutes into the sale.
>>
>>5734349
where'd you buy it? a comic store?
>>
File: IMG_2239.jpg (152 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2239.jpg
152 KB, 612x816
>>5735165
>it sold out already 10 minutes

That sounds about normal. Glad I'm happy with the Skeletor I already have.
>>
>>5735169
Yeah a comic book store near me. Of all the ones im close to, it's the only one that sells MOTUC
>>
>>5735165

Sold out in 3 actually. Bastards. I was just logging in at 9.04 and poof, unavailable.
>>
>>5735220
Wow. I had a hiccup in checking out since I didn't have google.com javascript unblocked. I thought since the site was loading so quickly that there might not be any hurry.

I heard there are people who resell limited edition shoes for big bucks using scripts to get through the checkout process as efficiently as possible. I wish I had that setup. I've been trying to learn JavaScript,etc. lately, so maybe it's something I'll figure out soon.
>>
I had subs but let it die at the tail end of 2013 so everything released since is missing in my collection. I just didn't care any more. They really make it so that you NEED to have a subscription to get any of the figures you want.

I also tried for the Filmation Skeletor today but it sold out before I could complete my order. At this point I won't even bother, seeing how much He-Man 2.0 is going for now.
>>
>>5735496
They'll have more in november.
>>
>>5736186

Based on what?
>>
>>5736230
Matty usually holds back from selling all their stock, and will usually have some of everything to sell on Cyber Monday.
>>
>>5736230
Based on annual examples of exactly that. Original He-Man was available on the Matty site from the time it was first made in 2008 until 2014. Skeletor had a roughly similar time on the site. They make a huge run (and re-releases) of their flagship characters because they know that there will never be a time where classic He-Man and Skeletor don't sell. It'll be back, in november.
>>
>>5736353

That pattern isn't a sure thing anymore. MOTUC has lost most of the staffers who did things like that, and there were some rumours lately of Mattel wanting to shut down this whole thing along with Tcats (corporate panic from the princess fiasco, things getting reshuffled etc). I think anything could happen.

>>5736241
Great, they'll put up 10 pieces for a Flash sale at 2.56pm with no announcement for more scalper baiting. Fun.

I'm hoping the China factories leak a ton of these.
>>
>>5736364
What princess fiasco?
>>
>>5736381

Mattel lost the disney princess license to Hasbro. Massive repercussions everywhere.
>>
>>5730852
I've got all of the A-listers and a nice selection of B-listers (including Fisto), so I'm pretty happy. The only one I really wish I had been able to get and can't now is Whiplash. And I'll always be missing Roboto because I refuse to buy a figure that's guaranteed to crack apart. Ditto Green Goddess, but I don't really care about her one way or the other.
>>
>>5736389
Jealous of the Fisto. I have Whiplash in my collection, honestly not really a fan at all. Of all the higher priced MOTUC he ranks really low with me. But you can't really call Skeletor's crew complete without him.

And I completely agree on Roboto, I want it but seeing as I am the unluckiest fuck on Earth when it comes to clear MOTUC plastic (cracks on Cy-Chop, cracked lens on Fearless Photog) I just can't justify buying it.
>>
>>5735190

>>Hey DOLTS,
My name is Skeletor, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are ripped, retarded,do-gooders who spend every second of their day looking to thwart my plans. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of Eterians because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than wondering where Prince Adam keeps disappearing to.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was Brother to of the King, and Ruler of Snake-Mountain. What Kingdoms do you rule, other than “jack off to naked drawing of the Sorceress/ I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

NEYAAH
>>
>>
File: IMG_2284[1].jpg (297 KB, 1138x639) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2284[1].jpg
297 KB, 1138x639
>>5736431
MOTUC hobby is so fucking weird sometimes.
>>
File: image.jpg (419 KB, 1225x1614) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
419 KB, 1225x1614
I'm fine with my Mo-Larr skeletor. It's exactly the same as ones that go for 50+ except for the missing tooth, which I don't mind. Plus the set was just under 30.
>>
File: MOTUCDemoManLoose.jpg (64 KB, 800x1190) Image search: [Google]
MOTUCDemoManLoose.jpg
64 KB, 800x1190
>>5736454
Get Demo-Man and the Alcala Skeletor head that it comes with. It's a win/win because Demo-Man is fucking god tier cool and the Alcala head is still the best Skeletor head to date.
>>
>>5736493
Godsdamn do I need a Demon-Man and Alcala head.
>>
>>5736443

It's funny you should post that,because didn't Skeletor try to feed Evil-Lyn to a tentacle monster in one of the more recent cartoon incarnations?
>>
>>5736493
Damn that does look good. It reminds me of this custom head I was going to buy on eBay. Your idea sounds better though
>>
File: IMG_2289[1].jpg (276 KB, 1143x857) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2289[1].jpg
276 KB, 1143x857
>>5736497
That was a really good episode, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-uk6W-mys
>>
File: Cell Fight.jpg (589 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Cell Fight.jpg
589 KB, 1632x1224
Bump
>>
File: Stripper.jpg (169 KB, 1000x1254) Image search: [Google]
Stripper.jpg
169 KB, 1000x1254
I like my Camo-Khan.
>>
>>5743890
The claws really sells Camo-Khan,

I kind of want a Red Beastman, haven't looked at aftermarket prices yet.
>>
File: IMG_20160619_194741.jpg (139 KB, 750x642) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_194741.jpg
139 KB, 750x642
Should I go for it? Never did own battle armor He-Man or Skeletor.
>>
>>5743929
You can get decent loose vintage ones for way less.
>>
These were cool but holly hell $85...
>>
File: image_by_bars0m-d8pdcwq.jpg (67 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
image_by_bars0m-d8pdcwq.jpg
67 KB, 894x894
The looked amazing though...
>>
>>5743904
>I kind of want a Red Beastman, haven't looked at aftermarket prices yet.
$80 at BBTS.
>>
Unfortunately, nobody wanted to commit to a whopping $140 sub so now there's lots of crying when, surprise, the production run was shorter. This year had a really strong lineup too, so subs should've been strong. Plus, outside of a few dumb design decisions, MOTUC has been a decent value compared to ML and tiny imports with no accessories.
>>
File: IMG_2897[1].jpg (154 KB, 725x789) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2897[1].jpg
154 KB, 725x789
Bump
>>
what's motu's claim to fame? I really like the designs, and skeletor and beast man always seemed cool. I know there's cartoons, and shit, but where should I start?
>>
>>5756278
I enjoyed the Filmation cartoon as an adult but then I'm a retarded 80s kid. The 200X series is much better technically speaking. But for some reason there is a sect of the fandom that hates the cartoons as much as real G1 fans hate the Bay movies.
>>
>>5756278
>what's motu's claim to fame
>I know there's cartoons, and shit, but where should I start
Most hardcore MOTU people will tell you the comics/minicomics are where it's at. Personally I think all forms of media that have presented MOTU sucked - printed, animated, or otherwise. It really is a franchise fully defined by the creativity of the toys themselves. I mean, I love Alcala's art, don't get me wrong, but as far as storytelling goes MOTU is pretty much ass across the board. I would even say the furthest you need to investigate into the mythos of MOTU would be the MOTUC card back bios.
>>
>>5756313
damn... I know it's all a bit cheesy, but no comics even contain good storytelling?
>>
>>5756278
Just buy the Dark Horse books. The art book is incredible.
>>
Kinda thinking about getting into the line with a few of the basics; He-Man, Skeletor, etc. How's the articulation? I know it's a standard DCUC-style layout, but do the joints work well? The hips look like they'd be really gimped. All of the reviews I watched basically just stated that we all know how the joints work by now and discussed character-specific stuff.
>>
>>5756410
MOTUC never had its own Larry Hama, the main focus was minicomics with no redeeming factors other than Alcala, and then the published comics were never of much value either.

>>5756537
>I know it's a standard DCUC-style layout
It's not. MOTUC don't have DCUC-style hips, and occasionally a few of them have those weird lateral-rolling ankle rockers (such as the recent Filmation ones).

>do the joints work well
I'll say "yes" with the idea that it's understood that the joints that are moving well are single jointed elbows/knees and swivel wrists. They're about as good as those joints can get, considering how bulky the MOTUC bodies are.

>The hips look like they'd be really gimped
Laterally, no. Forward, it depends. Almost every MOTUC has a soft rubber pelvis overlay, and depending on the sculpt of that piece it can hinder movement. But to put it into context, almost all of the normal humanoid ones could straddle Battle Cat's saddle without issue.

If you have any questions about specific ones, feel free to ask. i have about 60+ so chances are I might have it.
>>
>>5756606
>If you have any questions about specific ones, feel free to ask. i have about 60+ so chances are I might have it.
Oh cool, Anon. I was mainly just looking at the re-issue He-Man (not the Filmation one just the standard re-release) and maybe Vikor and any decent Skeletor. I was just hoping that they would be about as posable as something the $ Horsemen's Mythic Legion stuff that uses a similar articulation scheme.
>>
File: He-Man Mini-Comic.png (3 MB, 834x1618) Image search: [Google]
He-Man Mini-Comic.png
3 MB, 834x1618
>>5756410
that guy doesn't know what he's talking about, the mini-comics are great, might not be super complex, but they're really fun(plus the book Dark Horse published that collected them is ridiculously cheap for how much content you get out of it)
>>
>>5756613
I don't own Mythic Legion stuff so I can't really compare. He-Man and Skeletor get about 60 degrees of straight forward movement before the overlays put a stop to them. If you move the legs slightly to the side, the forward motion is about 80 degrees. Vikor is a little bit more restricted, you're not going to get deep lunges out of him.
>>
File: DSCN0068[1].jpg (406 KB, 1477x665) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0068[1].jpg
406 KB, 1477x665
>>5756278
MOTU really is a bit of kitchen sink- there's something in it that can appeal to anyone, who tries.

The MOTUC figures are really cool, but hard to
'just dabble' in. You'll get one, and it's great but stands a little out in your collection, so you get another, and next thing you know you got a bunch of them. They are really neat, and the 4H put a lot of care into them. Really, the only failing in MOTUC is how little Mattel themselves care about it, which results in bureaucratic bullshit that makes dealing with the line difficult. Plus the hardcore fandom is smaller than Transformers or other fandoms, so their craziness is concentrated and seems higher or worse than other fandoms (see, he-man.org).

I'll agree with >>5756520
in picking up the Dark Horse art book. That gives you a good overview of the franchise as a whole and lets you figure out what parts you like more. The recent DC comics just finished up, they started as kind of guilty pleasure grimderp, but Dan Abnett comes in for the last 20 or so issue and the series becomes really good.
>>
>>5756626
Thanks, anon. I might have to pick He-Man up if I can find one for a decent price. I might just cave and get one of the variations like Thunder Punch or Battle Armor just to check the line out for $35-40 instead of $80+.
>>
>>5757360
Of those two I would recommend Battle Armor. The only weird thing about BA He-Man and Skeletor is that they have metallic torsos underneath the chest armor so it's hard to use them as "base" figures that you can swap different armor on.

Also, as a suggestion, one absolute god tier MOTUC that you can pick up for cheap to try the line with is Moss Man. It's one of my favorite figures of all time.
>>
Does Mattel do a decent job of re-stocking some of the basic figures like He-Man and Skeletor? Knowing Mattel, I'm assuming no.
>>
>>5734334
i always thought grayskull was too evil a name to be heroic. I mean the villain was a skeleton.
>>
>>5762443
Supply is usually always greater than overall demand, save for chase figures and con exclusives. They reissued and sold He-Man all the way till 2014, and it was a 2008 figure. I don't see Hasbro keeping Pizza Spidey in stock on HTS for the better part of a decade, so they do a good job in select instances.

That said: they play games with "availability" and pretend that they have less stock than they really do. They'll make some figures available for a time, then take them off the shop, then they'll reappear during the November sale, then disappear, then appear again the next year. Assuming that the massive turnover of employees working on the mattycollector project doesn't signify Mattel execs preparing to dismantle the service (they probably will next year or the year after) you'll be able to get Filmation He-Man and Skeletor for years to come.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.