[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Household objects and other non-toys you loved to play with as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
File: Sept-2010-001.jpg (106 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Sept-2010-001.jpg
106 KB, 700x525
Household objects and other non-toys you loved to play with as a kid.

Pic related, I used to have a hankerchief like this but purple, with a knot on one corner that looked kinda like dragon's head. I would just swoosh his ethereal body arund the room, lay him flat on my bed and then pull on his head up to rise him like some kind of swamp wizard dragon.

Maybe more toy-ish but I think still counts; I had a Batmobile shampoo bottle, but for the life of me I can't find any images of it. It was a single piece of black plastic shampoo bottle shaped like Batman The Animated Series batmobile. Something like the first inch of its nose was the screw cap. I would play with it in the bath, rotate the nose 180 degrees to make it look more like a motorboat, with curve on the underside.

What are your memories of having something not be a toy, that didn't stop you from playing with it and loving it. Be them comfy or pathetic, tell what did you play with?
>>
i played with you're mom when i was a kid
>>
I used to pretend clothes hangers were space ships and have huge battles with them.
>>
>>5729036
That Batmobile bottle turned out to be a McDonalds happy meal water-bottle for a bike. Guess it was a toy after all.

>>5729044
That's most probable, she's a teacher in pre-school
>>
File: 1465724583726.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1465724583726.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>5729047
forgot image
>>
File: 435678976.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
435678976.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
NON STOP FUN.
>>
I played with this 6 foot dowel tons as a kid.
That was my sword, my wizard staff, fishing rod.
I may have attempted to turn it into a hang glider.
Until it got thrown away during a move by an oblivious relative.
>>
File: 16193125[1].jpg (56 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
16193125[1].jpg
56 KB, 320x320
I played a lot with photographic film cartridges, usually as characters, buildings or vehicles. Great for digging too.

Also made a ton of spaceship battles between fleets of non-comestible berries.
Being able to throw your kid in the garden must be comfy for parents; it reduces the need for toys a lot.
>>
>>5729036
Oh man all kinds of things. My brother and I would pretend we were fishing with tension rods with string taped to them. We also would fire my mom's hairbands across the room and run and get them.
>>
>>5729290
I stored sugar on them and pretend its drugs
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1500x819) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1500x819
>>
put one handle under each armpit of an action figure = instant parachute
>>
File: 0000c.jpg (140 KB, 553x970) Image search: [Google]
0000c.jpg
140 KB, 553x970
>>5729379

oops
>>
>>5729379
Was there supposed to be a plastic bag image on your post?
>>
>>5729047
>>5729048
that is pretty cool for a McDonalds happy meal thing. you get a functional water bottle that doesn't really look like a bottle at all plus the mount to put it on a bike.

Man reading your post made me remember something non toy that I played with often, but now I am struggling to remember what it was again after typing that! I will probably remember as soon as I hit send, seems to be the case most of the time
>>
>>5729406
now I remember what it was. Like your batmobile item, it was a functional item that easily doubled as a toy. It was a Jaws the Ride Pencil Sharpener I got from Universal Studios. Was more or less a jaws plastic toy with a sharpener built into it. Tried looking for images of it but cant seem to find it, did find a etsy page selling other merchandise I remember seeing there like a Jaws suction cup toy, split in half with a suction cup on each part so you could stick it on a window with one end inside and the other outside
>>
>>5729382
put on handle under each armpit of your accidental child = instant freedom
>>
File: d_4421_1.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
d_4421_1.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
>>
I used to play with my gum and wrap it around my finger and style it into hair
>>
>>5729036

ITT: Poor kids general
>>
>>5729669
It's not about being poor. Have you never noticed how a child takes an expensive toys and plays with it for 5 minutes, then comes back to play with it's favourite stick?
We, adult toy-lovers want quality. But kids are bloody stupid/beautifully imaginitive (however you want to look at it) and we all were kids at one point, so most of us have similar memories.
>>
File: 21536-group3ww-l.jpg (21 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
21536-group3ww-l.jpg
21 KB, 600x456
They were cars, tanks, spaceships...
>>
>>5729046
I used to play with clothes hangers pretending they were guns.

>>5730944
>comes back to play with it's favourite stick

Kids do that because store-bought toys are generally poor representations of their imagination. Almost every kid dreams of making their own toy.
>>
>>5729371
Damn, I was just about to post this
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1000x1000
Used to make little people with these, place them all over the makeshift buildings I had, and smash and squash them like Godzilla when I was a kid.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.