[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe it's gonna be a onpopulair opinion; But i like the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 20160611_194716.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160611_194716.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Maybe it's gonna be a onpopulair opinion;

But i like the DBZ Hybrid line better then the current DBZ figuarts line.

Sure the figures are small as fuck and if you even look at them funny parts will fall off. But for its size it has great articulation, and they even look great model and paint wise.

My very first figures that i ever bought were the first Goku and Piccolo figuarts. And i was kinda disappointed when i got them. The bodies are alright but the faces? I find something odd about the faces, i cant put my finger in it. After a while i sold them both. But it sucked not having some good DBZ figures to look at.

Last week i was browsing some second hand sites, and there was a offer on Ebay. All the DBZ and DBGT hybrid figures for 300 euro shipped. I had never seen a hybrid figure in real life, but on photo's they look kinda good. I took my change and bought them all. The seller even threw in some extra figures that where broken, so i total it was 27 figures for 300 euro. I don't know if that was a lot of money, but 300/27=11,11 euro (12 dollars) per figure.

And boy am i glad i took the gamble, these figures look great! Don't mind the poses because i never owned figures beside the two figuarts onces.

Anyone else thinks these look way better then the current figuarts?

> Self thread (ideas)
> Pose thread (ideas)
>>
File: 20160611_194840.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160611_194840.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>
File: 20160611_194927.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160611_194927.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>
The Dragon ball Figuarts line has this weird cult mentality around it for whatever reason. I think a lot of the collectors of those only collect that line and very little else so they aren't exposed to other toys.

Like a few years ago here people had a thread about the MG Figurerise Goku model kit, and some guy just hijacked it and said that it was pointless now that Figuarts exists, and just used the thread to post pics of his Figuarts Goku. And of course you have people spending hundreds on older, out of print figures even though similar versions might exist(PC Vegeta and Trunks,and now the new mld Vegeta) because they must have the original version, or in some cases the exclusive version(Namek Goku)
>>
>>5727656
>onpopular
>>
>op trying to justify his purchase

Even without the figuarts line, those figures look like outdated Chinese knock offs.
>>
I used to own a ton of the Hybrids, OP, and purged almost all of them over in the BST. and ppl in this thread are right. Owning other action figures(figma, SAS, even other Figuarts) really shows how crappy some of the Dragon Ball releases are.

That being said, I own almost every one just because its getting to be a full line besides the plethora of saiyans. But ppl who campaign only the figuarts just show how entry level they truly are.

I also prefer smaller scale figures but hey.
>>
>>5727656
>the figures are small as fuck and if you even look at them funny parts will fall off
Sounds like a deal breaker for me.
>>5727658
Is that the best fusion dance pose they can do? Looks like the articulation kinda sucks then, even if "for its size it has great articulation."
Some of the figure's shoulders should be farther into the torsos, too (look at SS Gotenks).
Yeah though, some/most of the DBZ figuarts are subpar, but some of them are pretty good and they are the best representation of the characters we've ever gotten around this scale as far as I know. Much better than Irwin, Jakks, and all that. Those companies are probably what a lot of current DBZ figure collectors came from, so to them figuarts are amazing.
Not only that, but >>a lot of the collectors of those only collect that line and very little else
>>
>>5727656
Dragon ball shodos are the closest things you can get that are like the hybrids but dont fall apart.
>>
>>5727656
Look, I don't think there's anything wrong with the Hybrid or Shodo lines, but they can't compare to Figuarts.

The only major con to the Figuarts line is availability and after-market pricing.
>>
You needed your own thread to post your opinion on the matter? Get over yourself and use the DBZ general.
>>
>>5728047
fuck generals
>>
>>5727697
Geez, what's wrong with you?

They're nowhere close to being knockoffs and are about a step above Jakks crap, which is actually not that bad.

Do the figures have any waist articulation? There doesn't seem to be any movement there in OP's pictures
>>
The only decent thing about older DBZ figures is that there are more variety of characters, especially the bad guys.
>>
Unpopular opinion thread? Okay, I hate when import figures come with too much shit. I don't need 13 hands for one character. They just end up getting lost and or sitting in a bucket full of other useless accessories.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.