[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evangelion: Chogokin V.S. SPEC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 02000183490.jpg (219 KB, 1368x1182) Image search: [Google]
02000183490.jpg
219 KB, 1368x1182
Which is the better figure?
>>
File: 1457508357528.jpg (468 KB, 1184x1046) Image search: [Google]
1457508357528.jpg
468 KB, 1184x1046
>monitoring this thread

And just to add to OP's question, are the revoltechs worthwhile?
>>
>>5725906
I have the Eva EVO Revoltech for the three main Evas, they're pretty alright if you don't want to spend a whole lot. Unit 01's head sculpt is kinda bad though.
>>
>>5725839
I believe the SPEC XS-01R is considered the best.
>>5725906
It's worth it if you absolutely must have all the Evas
>>
>>5725906

Revoltechs are never worth it. Save your money for better things.

Spec Evas are the best. Great detail and poseability. But they are more fun to play with if you glue the armor on the legs, cause sometimes it will loosen and fall off and what do you want with a naked eva anyhow?
>>
>>5726097
>Revoltechs are never worth it. Save your money for better things.
This.
>>
>>5725996
confirmed XS01R. I was confused by the OP though. this nigga asking Chogokin OR Spec??
>>
>>5725970
It's really posable and has nice curves. Paint job is so-so, but otherwise it's pretty good.
>>
>>5726127
It's even better if you're like me and never buy anything over $100, most really good EVA's will cost a lot more than revoltechs.
>>
>>5726097
>Revoltech are never worth it
>proceeds to mention a problem not found in the revos

Good job mate you really convinced everyone
>>
>>5726097
Just add tissue paper or tighten up the armour if they loosen up. Gluing them will ruin the feature of the figure.

Only gripes with it are the die-cast feet (which are difficult to tighten up if they ever loosen) and that the peg holding its crotch armour can be a little fragile when you remove it, due to how its engineered. Accidentally snapped mine when I took it off, so it kind of wiggles now.
That, and the figure would really benefit from a matte coat. Nothing you can't do yourself, though.
>>
>>5726106
Sorry, OP here, I was referring to the original soul of chogokin gx-14 and the chogokin Spec XS.

The spec has better proportions, better accessories and more features (Even though the removable armor is kinda redundant), yet I've always thought the SoC GX14 looked more impressive.

Maybe it's because of the GX14's nicer headsculpt, cooler paintjob and greater amount of diecast.

Either way, I can't decide and I would really value you anon's advice.
>>
File: IMAG1072.jpg (3 MB, 4224x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1072.jpg
3 MB, 4224x2368
Anyone /RobotDamashii/ here?
Hefty prices these days, cost like $100AUD for each of these suckers, excluding beast.

But they are fantastic however, in articulation and accessories.
>>
>>5726659
Die-cast ain't all that fun. Shit loosens, kind of a pain in the ass.
>>5727050
I regret selling off my 02 years ago. It's fucking amazing that you could just crunch it into a small heap of robutt.
>>
File: ban949498_0.jpg (113 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ban949498_0.jpg
113 KB, 600x450
This right here. Though I don't have any from this line, I just happen to know.
>>
>>5727050
>tfw got extremely lucky and discovered the line with eva 01 re-release in 2012
>tfw she arrived Dec 21st 2012

It was heralded
>>
>>5727129
>anime proportions
>rebuild aesthetics

nigga
>>
>>5727131
Tbh the designs were the best thing that came from the Rebuild.
>>
as someone that owns the 400% Spec 01 it's amazing. the detail is awesome. the thighs are a little weird and you might want to glue the backpieces of the armour on but the diecast helps a ton and it's sturdy as fuck. detail is literally 10/10 dat removeable entryplug tho
>>
>>5725906
I love my revos. They're great if you want to build a large, varied collection with all the different evas. But keep in mind that the only good ones are the ones from n°100 on, which are all based on the rebuild designs (taller, lankier, a colored stripe on the abdomen) so if you're a fan of the bulkier TV designs they're not what you're looking for.
>>
>>5727129
how expensive?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.