[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever had toys break on them more consistently than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (415 KB, 1446x1698) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415 KB, 1446x1698
Has anyone ever had toys break on them more consistently than NECA? Every figure I have ever bought from them had something wrong with it and I had to stop
>>
You're showing your young age there, fella. McFarlane Toys were magnitudes more fragile than Neca. The shitty glues, the crumbly plastics, the weak joint pins...
>>
>>5725236
you just reminded me my samurai spawn broke and i found another one
>>
>>5725238
fuck i meant to say i never found
>>
McFarlanes 90s toys could literally crumble in the package as you opened the outer most bubble shell, before even getting to the figure itself. I've never seen anything like that since.
>>
>>5725228
Just buy Hasbro. The figures come out of the package already shit condition so you don't have to worry about breaking them yourself.
>>
>>5725236
Yeah no most of my McFarlane figures are still in one piece while I've only bought two NECA figures ever that had no qc issues
>>
File: broken toy.jpg (999 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
broken toy.jpg
999 KB, 2592x1456
i remember when /toy/ had dozens of thread every week about Figmas breaking
>>
>>5725228
The accessories on my NECA predators break so damn easily. The fucking things keep falling over.
>>
>>5725404

The Combisticks are the worst. hard plastic and super thin is a bad combo
>>
I've bought mist of neca's godzilla and Pacific rim lines and none of them have and QC or breakage issues.

Worst line I ever bought into was Mcfarlane dragons hands fucking down. None of them survived the move to my new house despite me packing them like they were made of glass.
>>
The worst toys i ever bought were NECA atlas and pbody from portal 2. Both fell apart out of the package and kept breaking from there. At the time i should have just gotten my money back but i was determined to have a complete portal collection.
>>
>>5725273
That picture is of a figuarts though
>>
>>5725228
Yeah, Figmas.
>>
>>5725228
the first wave of funko's GOT and firefly stuff was awful.
I think ive had only 2 QC problems from neca in >15 years of collecting
>>
>>5725228
Has anyone ever had a more retarded OP than OP? I mean he opens his stupid mouth and embarrasses himself all the time.
>>
>>5725762
Ok bo bandy
>>
>>5725228

Yeah Revoltech. Exploding joints galore.
>>
OP BTFO
>>
mez-itz. fucking awesome figures, love the minifig style, but like 6 of the 15 figures i have had arms that literally crumbled straight out of the packages.
>>
Neca Striker Eureka. Never have I handled a bigger piece of shit.
>>
bought into the NECA hype with the '89 Batman figure. Cool figure, but awkward proportions. Next got the Reeve Superman. Actually good QC on mine. Then I got their Rambo figure, and tings went south. one eye was totally misprinted, giving him a lazy eye. Figure was long out of print so I had no hope of replacing it, and worse still its a common issue so I'd need to find a physical one to check. Then I got HOTS Nova. Leg snapped right off, and instead of repalcing it NEca linked me to their eBay store. A few weeks ago Ryu Hayabusa from the Player Select series popped back up on NECA's own store; this was a figure I really wanted a few years ago so I jumped on it. I get it, and the right side of the head crest is warped and sunken. After that, I'm done with Neca. Sticking to imports from now on, can't trust American quality.
>>
question to people who break their NECA figures: do you play with your toys often? because I typically put my figures on display the day I get them and rarely mess around with them every now and then when I dust or something, and none of them have broken yet. The only things I broke was my jungle pred's plasma cannon, but that was only because I dropped it on the floor.

Not trying to justfiy poor quality control, I'm not saying NECA doesn't make fragile figures, trust me, I have Reeves Sups and I'm afraid of moving his legs because they feel stiff as fuck. I'm just curious as to how so many of you guys manage to break them. Not all of them are as bad as Reeves Sups and the original release jaegers
>>
>>5726425

I've been buying NECA since the Cult Classic days, and I've never broken figures like some of the people on here have.

I've had maaaybe five figures in all those years I had to return due to a QC issue. People on /toy/ just like to overreact and sensationalize things.
>>
>>5726432
>People on /toy/ just like to overreact and sensationalize things.

Well, we are on 4chan, so I guess that should've been a given.

But yeah, I just wanted to make sure I'm not alone in having virtually zero issues with my NECA figs aside from stiff joints. Which once again, stiff joints should be a deter if anything to not play with a figure. A limb doesn't break on it's own unless you move it, that's why I just leave Keanue Supes in a standard flying or standing positions. Its a shame he can't do more dynamic poses, but it doesn't ruin the figure for me. I'm more of a display guy then play guy anyway.
>>
>>5726439

Know what's funny? The original masked Jungle Hunter and Elder Preds had problems with the limbs breaking due to their Chinese factory fucking up. That was an issue NECA even said was a problem publicly (hence the redos we got).

But yeah, those two figures, which had lots of breakage issues...mine are still intact.

Mind you, I'm gentle with my figures anyway, moving the arms and all, but yeah, they're still entirely unbroken.

I still got the newer versions though, cause better...but yeah. That one I totally got lucky with.
>>
>>5726439
the only one i had an issue with was one of the first predators, leg came off without much force and the pull out wolverine claws just didnt work on mine.
>>
File: hamhands.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
hamhands.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
>>
Funko stuff has broken more often on me than NECA.
>>
>>5727786
Who is the QT in top-right and bottom-left corners?
>>
File: 133426.jpg (53 KB, 555x451) Image search: [Google]
133426.jpg
53 KB, 555x451
>>5727786
>two Strength images
>no Wizard
>>
>>5734394
It's a character called Strength. It has two figma releases.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.