[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GI JOE and 1/18 General: Manly Mustache Man Mustache Ride Convention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: 1986claymore.jpg (936 KB, 523x713) Image search: [Google]
1986claymore.jpg
936 KB, 523x713
New thread.
>>5667374 Old Thread

SDCC GI Joe exclusive will be a Powerglider/Rattler repaint, Soundwave/HISS Tank repaint/along with retooled Scarlet and Zartan figures

Also, a new crossword puzzle has leaked with the next wave of 50th anny figures hidden in it; new Stiletto vehicle and possibly concept case Rock and Roll.
>>
News and the happenings:

* Last Joe-Con happening over the weekend of 16-19th June. ox set is Sky Patrol vs Air Devils and Sky Creeper among others. No vehicles and extras leaked yet.

* G.I. Joe 2016 line being shown also, SDCC set leaked today. A New JOe/Transformers crossover with a Red Rattler as Autobot Powerglide, the 2005 DTC HiSS (troop transport) as Soundwave. Comes with Scarlett and Zartan. Pics here http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-2362833.html

* Stiletto the fan choice has been teased along with a crossword for all the figures in this year's 2016 Joe line from Hasbro.

Boss Fight Studio's Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S have been shipped to the kickstarter backers, pre-orders are now being shipped so you should get notice soon. Store stock switches over from Pre-Order soon (once the majority of pre-orders have been shipped, they said). Fantasy series digital sculpts have been shown, wave 4 teased as 1710 Pirates & aquatic opponents.

* Marauder Valkyries have been delayed by a couple of months, target is still this year (14 production tools and 11 different color styles. The original MTF project had only 5 production tools and 8 different versions). More at Joecon in 2 weeks along with new accessories not revealed to the world. New Decos for the Male figure that are con. Maybe convention exclusives.

* Acid Rain Laural worker sets for pre-order, as well as a special edition version. Enemy soldiers coming.

* Hiya Colonial Marines soon

* Eagle Force Kickstarter later inthe year, news at Joe Con I think.
>>
>>5716196
Anyone think we might get more classic Guardians of the Galaxy characters? Would love to see Starhawk, Nikki, Aleta, Talon, and Charlie 27 get figures. Bonus points if we can also get a new Silver Surfer, Firelord, and Rancor out of it too.

Also, want to get more Gruenwald Cap folks. Diamondback, Americop, Jack Flag, Free Spirit, the USAgent version of Super Patriot, D-Man, Flag Smasher, Machinesmith, Scourge of the Underworld, and of course, members of the Serpent Society.
>>
I can see Charlie 27 and maybe Martinex and Nikki. Starhawk/Aleta/Talon would need new molds with no real retool potential though so I doubt that unless they start doing three packs again. And even then, we'd only get Starhawk most likely.
>>
>>5716201

Mustache anon you dick
>>
>>5716211
Old School Guardians would be a good box set. You could make Martinex with the Iceman buck; Charlie with the Thanos/Juggernaut buck, and Starfx would probably play out like Nova did, with the bonus parts being accessories attached to the body.

That said, really want to see them do more box sets with the 3 3/4th line. Jim Lee X-Men, classic Avengers (which would give them an excuse to finally re-issue Vision), maybe toss in a Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and Masters of Evil box set.
>>
Kind of shocked to hear that we are getting the Stiletto re-issued. I assume we're also getting the POC Star Viper with it too?
>>
>>5716237
Hope so; I don't live near a Ross and think the new Star Viper looks kind of nice in a sci-fi way.
>>
>>5716237
We aren't getting the vehicle version of Stiletto; a shitty new character using the name, who's part of the Slaughters Marauders and is supposed to be the one babysitting Mercer so as to keep an eye on him for reasons....
>>
File: 04RocknRoll.jpg (68 KB, 451x800) Image search: [Google]
04RocknRoll.jpg
68 KB, 451x800
Quick run down of things

>Hasbro is creating a shared universe with G.I.Joe, Transformers, ROM the Space Knight, Action Man, Micronauts Visionaries and MASK
> this includes Movies, TV shows, Comics and Toylines.

>G.I.Joe has a line of 18 figures coming this year with a confirmed SDCC set that as a crossover set with a Poweglide and Soundwave painted Rattler and Hiss tank respectively along with a new Zartan and Scarlett

>Other rumored figures are Concept Case Rock n Roll and Laser Viper. with Stiletto a Fan character being the only confirmed right now.
> Joe con is in two weeks so full line up and the future of the Club and Con should be revealed there.

Third Party
> BFS H.A.C.K.S Line should start shipping product soon. they also revealed that wave 4 would be Pirates vs Atlantis with lines two and three being Fantasy and Retro-sci fi based.

> MTF Figures are in full swing with Valkaries stated to drop soon
>Maruader also stated that new Paint schemes gear and a possible Kickstarter should be revealed at Joe-Con.

Other news
>HissTank continues to be Salty as fuck after getting blown the fuck out two years in a row.
>>
>>5716255
Goody; another new character no one fucking wanted or even ask for taking a wave 3 spot from another deserving figure.....

This shit killed Valor Vs Venom and with the line on life support they are going down this well again?
>>
>>5716263
On the positive side, we may be getting Mercer re-issued at retail. Maybe they'll spring to produce an oversized Viper mask to go with him so he can double as a Viper?
>>
File: Claymore.jpg (18 KB, 200x273) Image search: [Google]
Claymore.jpg
18 KB, 200x273
>>5716218
Men and women dig the mustache.....
>>
>>5716263
If you want the same 6 characters over and over you have your pick.

The line needs new blood. and I'll take a Thai female Sniper. over Snake-eyes 900.
>>
>>5716263

>>Goody; another new character no one fucking wanted or even ask for taking a wave 3 spot from another deserving figure.....

Fan vote character... or are you just salty one you voted for didn't get picked?

I wanted the Adventure team guy, but don't mind the other options.
>>
>>5716266
Is the Mercer figure from the box set a brand new mold? I remember they were planning on releasing him with the 25 Anniversary Viper mold with Hawk's head on it with an alt Viper head with gold face plate, but it got canceled. Was that the one they released?
>>
>>5716271
To be fair, there are a bunch of characters that never got a regular retail release at all, plus several variants of existing characters (circa 1990-1994) that still have not been done in the modern style.
>>
>>5716269

It's old and tired, plus you started THIS thread after the other one was started.

You disappoint me anon,I thought you were a solid bro. Broke my heart, wanker.
>>
>>5716282
Most of the Battle Corps versions were garbage.

There were like a bare handful that were decent but most were garbage.
>>
>>5716282
look I know theres some RAH character that are due but I'm not going to get pissed at a new character. especially when most of them are sub-teams or really strange viper subsets.
>>
On a side note; anyone know why the folks at HISSTank are butt hurt obsessed about GI Joe moving to the six inch format?

Are they that desperate in thinking a size format shift would save the franchise? As opposed to fracturing the collectors base again and running the risk of another line killing debacle like Sigma Six?
>>
>>5716301
I'd be fucking pissed if Joe went 6in. Although it would prevent me from having to buy anything new, so that's something.
>>
>>5716301
Six inch Joes have been a holy grail in the fandom for ages.

And ever since Star Wars made it to the six inch format, there is the notion that GI Joe should to.

IIRC the line of thought is that the 3 3/4 line should be stripped of it's budget to be like those god-awful Marvel movie 1:18 figures they fill the shelves with, while a six inch "collectors" series started to pander to the hardcore collectors/fans
>>
>>5716275
The Mercer figure we got was a brand new mold.

And yeah, I hope it sees the light of day in the 50th anny line, since I passed on the box set since I didnt want to pay mark-up for a bunch of ugly recolors and the rest of the Slaughters marauders morts
>>
>>5716307
I don't GI Joe would be sustainable at 6". People would buy Snake Eyes and a few others but after a few waves it'd die. Even the SW Black Series can't go too obscure or they pegwarm.
>>
>>5716313
You missed out friend. Woodland camo versions of BBQ Lowlight and Spirit along with the Renegades Falcon was BTFO when the Club did The NF version though.

>>5716301
>>5716307
Because people in charge ran and ran with the idea of a 6in scale line after a bootleg popped up. and basically implanted in to the casual fans heads that a 6 inch line is the only way to
"save" Joe AKA keep releasing the same 80's styled shit over and over.
>>
>>5716332
Yeah, half the fun for me of 4" is buying a shit ton of cheap ones and mix-and-matching gear and pieces and army building. I'm not gonna do any of that shit with $20+ figures; I just don't care that much. I'd basically do exactly what you said, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, maybe one or two big name Joes, and Destro if he looks neat and then I'd be out.
>>
>>5716333
do the people who want GI Joe in 6" only exist on in some small sub-forum or something?
I don't htink I've seen anyone here or other places ask for 6" joes, apart from some random ML thread.
>>
>>5716616
well since Joesightings and JBL and Terrordrome went to shit Hisstank is the be all end all Joe forum along with Facebook. so if you don't go there you propably haven't seen it.
>>
File: SDCC-Joe-TF.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
SDCC-Joe-TF.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
Why the fuck does Hasblow like taking my money? Fucking assholes need to stop.
>>
>>5716301
>>5716304
>>5716307
>>5716333
>>5716339
>>5716616
>>5716625
I'm gonna admit, I'm one of those people who really want 6 inch Joes, but only for my own selfish need to have integrated, multi-verse displays. Do I think it will "save the brand"? Probably not, may even hurt it even more. But after collecting 1:18 for almost my entire life before making a switch to 1:12 a couple years back, I'd really love to see those characters in a higher, updated form with more articulation, detail, and accessories. And yes, I would buy the shit out of all of it.

I think the best thing to do would release two box-sets of the main characters, just like the original 25th anniversary box-sets, and leave it at that, because that's all most people are probably gonna buy.
>>
I wouldn't mind it but....what designs do we go with?...Can't have just one cobra trooper so the Cobra set gets scalped to hell and back....

Which joes Scarlett SE, and Duke are a given. Shipwreck? Flint? Roadblock. Well we have the Duke mould so lets have Flint as an exclusive. fans are rioting so lets release flint. but he'll need a wave to go in... see what I'm saying. it never ends. so I'd rather we stick with 4 inch at this point.
>>
Anyone know what the other Joecon convention figures are going to be? I really am not giving a fuck about Sky Patrol, so I am hoping to God that Hasbro does something else to make up for these substandard figures they are offering
>>
>>5716835
In theory, you'd want to avoid troop builders, simply for practicality.

Ideally, you do theme waves. Start with the Joes people actually want: Snake Eyes, Lady Jaye, Flint, Roadblock, and Beachhead.

Save Duke for a later wave along with Scarlet, so you can build up interest in them. Same with Shipwreck, and Stalker.

Cobra gets their own wave: Cobra Commander (with two heads so you get both hooded/helmet CC in one swoop), Baroness, Storm Shadow, Major Bludd, Firefly (hence why you do Beachhead early) and Destro.

Visually, you'd want to stick to the Sunbow cartoon, since it also lets you group your characters around themes. In particular, the 1986 series figures (Dial Tone, Leatherneck, Wet Suit, Mainframe, Lifeline, Lowlight, etc).

Then there are the Drednocks, who could sustain their own wave.

If you have to do troop builders, do them in box sets of three. One Blue Trooper, Viper, and Crimson Guardsman for the first set, then BAT, Blue Trooper Officer, and either Snow Serpent or Eel for a second one.
>>
>>5716681
On a side note; will we ever see a HISS II be made? They made the Eco-Warrior Hiss Tank, and that piece of trash POC INO Hiss Tank. Why not the glorious Hiss Tank II?
>>
Fuck you talking about POC HISS is bae.
>>
>>5716196
>A New JOe/Transformers crossover with a Red Rattler as Autobot Powerglide, the 2005 DTC HiSS (troop transport) as Soundwave. Comes with Scarlett and Zartan. Pics here http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-2362833.html

This will be expensive as fuck, right?
>>
>>5719350
probaly about 100 sheckles at SDCC.

but just wait til the transformers Scalpers get it.
>>
>>5716255
Wonder if Mercer will be in the wave, based on reading the file card?
>>
>>5716307
>>5716694
I think 6 inch would be a sink hole for GI Joe, because Joe's strength was that it was small and therefore cheaper and could be heavily vehicle based. The SW Black Series itself seems to shelf warm due to characters that nobody wants being featured heavily with only a handful of fan desired characters thrown in. Joe isn't as big a cash-cow as SW and would probably quickly disappear were it to go to 6 inch and would only contain mainly core characters. There would also likely be no vehicles, just like how there's so few for Black Series.
>>
>>5719726
I'd also be pretty mad if they changed the scale, because there is so many characters yet to be made already, and were it move to a new scale we'd have to start all over and probably never see any of the yet to be made characters. Not to mention a lack of compatibility with older figures and vehicles. And who the hell would want to bother starting over when you've sank so much money into troop building and exclusives and shit?
>>
>>5719735
geez, you act like if they switched scales that your old stuff disappears or you need to throw it out.
Just don't buy the newer stuff if you don't like it. That's what i've done for many lines and i still loved playing with my older toys.
>>
>>5720222

Some people are like that.
>>
>>5720222
I did that, the line was called Sigma 6 and it ended my Joe collecting at the time. Then they switched to Modern Era and I was stuck with all these inferior New Sculpt Era figures and O-Ring figures were gone for good for the most part. So I stopped collecting up until about 2 years ago when I started buying Modern Era. And once I did that I found it difficult to accept the vintage style figures when the new ones were so high quality and the foot pegs on vehicles weren't compatible.
>>
>>5720232
It's insane.

It's like that one guy who got super angry that they're only selling the newer figures on BBTS and TRU and i think he sold his collection off.

What's up with that need to only like things that are current?
It's a lot like the people who love flavors of the month and no longer give a shit about things they were praising just a year ago, being able to admit it wasn't "PERFECT BESTEST TOY EVER" and talk about the flaws that were considered trolling.
>>
>>5720576
Not to mention I've probably got like $3,000 at least invested in Modern Era figures and vehicles, so I'm not about to start over after spending all that time and money collecting 1/18 scale.
>>
>>5720582
>It's like that one guy who got super angry that they're only selling the newer figures on BBTS and TRU and i think he sold his collection off.

1. Not compatible with Modern Era
2. Not enough room to collect shit tons of multiple different non-compatible figures.
3.Company no longer producing the product you were collecting or interested in.
4.Spent lots of cash on a toy line and not wanting to spend more starting over from the beginning.

Probably numerous other reasons for someone to do that.
>>
Joe fans are weird brand of Autism.
>>
>>5720926
I keep telling my wife I have autism whenever I want to get out of an argument but she just won't buy that shit.
>>
>>5720587
well that one guy sold his shit off, or claimed to (i hope), and the TRU/BBTS exclusives are the same shit we've been getting since the 25th line started.
It's crazy that people get that angry.

3 and 4 just sounds like they buy shit just to buy it. Like they don't care at all about what they're buying as long as it's new.
>>
>>5720582
>>5720587
>>5721108
>>5721106
See this is what I'm talking about. why would anyone getting that mad at a toystore for selling new product? there's just no explaining it. RAHUTISM RAH fags are unpredictable. Like I mean why sell off everything you spent years working for and enjoying because....New stuff. Why?
>>
>>5721106
Damn. I hope mine does accept it. She still looks me weird when I have a gi joe in my hand and has called me weirdo unironically. Still havent used the autism card though.
>>
File: 20160608_214627.jpg (85 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20160608_214627.jpg
85 KB, 1024x576
Multi-racial Cobra troops.
>>
File: IMG_20160608_140745_762-1.jpg (715 KB, 1613x2676) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160608_140745_762-1.jpg
715 KB, 1613x2676
COBRA LA LA LA LA LA
>>
>>5721863
I want her, but she's going for rape prices already.
>>
There was a gashapon robot and go-kart thing Epoch was doing, did anyone ever track down a source?
>>
>>5721863
Got mine in today I love her.... just need to figure out a way to have her in my joeverse without Cobra-LA
>>
>>5722478
Dr. Mindbender shenanigans
>>
>>5722447
Why didn't you sign up for the club?
>>
>>5722952
It's expensive as shit and worse, there is a lot of fucking hoops you have to jump through just to even be able to join in terms of cash you have to pay just to have the right to pay even MORE cash for the sub club.

In a lot of ways, cherry picking is cheaper in the long run. Especially if you are the type who only wants a couple of figures.
>>
>>5723112
No not really. You bay about 48 bucks a year that for the free figure plus 12-13 issues of the newsletter that has reviews, comics, and info about Joe that you other wise wouldnt know.
plus you get cheaper prices in the joe club store (Though free shipping for all non consets would be better I think) and get first pick at the clubs exclusive stuff..

Course it's all over after this year so paying 60 bucks a figure might be the only way to do it now.
>>
>>5723112
48 bucks for a exclusive figure you want isn't that bad especially for a popular figure. You can always resell it for a profit.
It was easy to join not sure what "hoops" you are talking about.
Cherry picking?? Are you talking about the Figure Subscription Service? Yeah that part I totally agree. I only wanted Nunchuk from the latest FSS so getting the whole subscription was not worth it, but Pythona was not part of the FSS. You get her for just joining the club. You had a year to join and not pay rape prices.
>>
>>5722478

Cobra Super Soldier.
>>
Are any solved crosswards actually reasonable? Not joe fans wanking to their dream figures?
>>
>>5724157
nobody knows because the creators know joe fans are autistic as shit and the sightliest clue could give the answer away, so they gave no tip except the two already solved ones.
>>
>>5724157
>>5724176
It's true there was realistic solvings of the crossword with in hours.

The Joe brand of Autism is rainman status.
>>
>>5722478
Why does people hate so much Cobra-la?

I Understand after it was the G.I Joe downfall but Cobra-la was actually badass, the responsability is because the bad works that came later, Cobra-La was the climax not the fall.
>>
>>5726206
I don't "Hate" Cobra-la I honestly think it's a great concept the one thing is that why Joe has always had sci-fi elements that blur the line between bleeding edge and Sci-fantasy....Eltderith horrors that come from a race of dinosaur people doesn't really fit with that
>>
>>5726206
Because it was stupid, Cobra Commander is a an extraterrestial snake being that's a million years old? No thanks.

Nemesis Enforcer was cool though, I would have liked him to be an experiment of Mindbender. Golobolus and the other fuckwads were shit, design and story wise.
>>
>>5716263
Fuck you, Bombstrike was awesome.
>>
>>5716307
I would like some 6" figures but not at the expense of destroying the 4" line.
>>
>>5719004
This is why I think the guy suggesting only a couple of box sets is spot on. You're starting to get out into left field already.

The only definites for me would be Flint, Scarlet, and Cobra Commander. But I think realistically you can get out to about a dozen or so and none of them are post movie.
>>
>>5719007
Cost. The molds have to be re-done and HISS II isn't as desired at the HISS I (which still used VvV/JvC era molds). The DTC HISS was newer so the Club used it for JoeCon and that's why it's going to be for SDCC now. Had the Club not used the DTC HISS, this would probably be a repeat of the Ret HISS like Shockwave was.

>tl/dr; cost too much to design a new HISS II

>>5719350
>This will be expensive as fuck, right?
At least $125 this year, if not $140.
>>
File: hiss2.jpg (53 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hiss2.jpg
53 KB, 500x333
>>5728125
I'd loved to see Hasbro reuse some of the GI Joe Vs Cobra era vehicles, since some of them had really good designs.
Just swap out the gimmick crap out and insert some more realistic features.
>>
>>5726206
It was a blatant retcon, especially with regards to Cobra Commander and his origin. Especially since the comic had gone out of their way to basically state repeatedly that CC was a human and not a Lovecraft reject.

The story behind Cobra La (and to a lesser extent Serpentor) is kind of sad in terms of how far up their asses Hasbro was with making the fiction for GI Joe. Especially the cartoon, which bore the brunt of their bullshit (Hama was in a position where he could object to their bullshit, but basically had to use up ALL of his pull/favors to be allowed to ignore Cobra La)
>>
>>5729954
pretty sure it was the cartoon people who came up with the idea for C obra La

You have to remember that Hasbro contracted Hasbro and Sunbow to actually come up with ideas for them. Hasbro pretty much only came up with the designs and made the toys, usually with input from Hasbro and Sunbow.
>>
>>5730346
The story of the genesis of Cobra La is complicated as fuck and heavily bound to the genesis of Serpentor and an unmade 5 parter called "the most dangerous man of the world".

Sunbow wanted to do the origin of Cobra, using the Hama backstory as the starting point but with the twist that CC wasn't the real founder. CC faked the death of the real founder, locked him up in secret, and turned Cobra into the terror group it was is known as.

"The most dangerous man of the world" was supposed to be the season two opening five parter, but Hasbro vetoed it because they had Serpentor planned and someone at Hasbro had the big notion of pushing Serpentor as the "real" leader of Cobra and that CC was just a front man for Serpentor, the true Emperor of Cobra.

Sunbow was pissed and had to talk Hasbro down; they pointed out the original plan for Serpentor that the Hasbro guy was pushing hard defied EVERYTHING that had been established for years regarding the franchise.

Sunbow offered two scenarios to try and salvage shit and make the Hasbro asshole happy. One was the plot point that ultimately got: that Serpentor was a creation of Doctor Mindbender (originally conceived as an interrogator BTW before Sunbow changed him into a generic mad scientist) after CC fucked up one time too many and Destro and the Crimson Twins decided to just create a brand new replacement leader.

The second scenario pitched was that there was a second larger organization that Serpentor was the emperor/leader of and that Cobra was a satellite organization/front for this larger group.

The Hasbro executive ended up loving BOTH and ordered the former for Serpentor's backstory and the later for the plot for the planned GI Joe animated movie we got. Sunbow was pissed and came up with Cobra La as a sarcastic name for the larger organization that was secretly backing Cobra and the idiot made them use it as the name of said larger group.
>>
>>5730346
>Hasbro contracted Hasbro
Wut?
>>
>>5730379
Having a clue what they're referring to, they meant contracting Marvel.
>>
>>5730411
Cobra La/Serpentor was all Hasbro.

One of the Hasbro guys got pissy that they basically were contracting out to others basically everything related to the franchise and thought they could do better than Sunbow and Marvel.
>>
>>5730441
See oddly enough...Serpentor works for me. I have no idea why. Hama or Buzz Dixon did an amazing job with him in every form he's appeared in. but Cobra-la just kills it for me. and it sucks because on it's own It's a fucking amazing concept. I love it....just not with Joe. at least not right now.
>>
Why the fuck is there 2 threads?

>>5716084
>>
>>5731200
GI Joe mustache civil war.
>>
>>5731200

Mustache started this thread after the other one was created first. Don't know why
>>
>>5731200
Too much fans, we need 2 threads to accommodate all of them.
>>
>>5730991
Serpentor sucked because he took away from CC and didn't add anything to the table. Thankfully they learned their lesson with Overlord, who was Serpentor 2.0 in terms of rival Cobra leaders
>>
>>5731648
The other thread is mostly Kickstarter shit sandwich garbage.
>>
File: 1440056749377.jpg (131 KB, 717x717) Image search: [Google]
1440056749377.jpg
131 KB, 717x717
>>5731657
Thats like saying an Army doesn't need Generals because theres already a President. Serpentor showed how advanced Cobra's tech was and gave them an edge over the Joes. Serpentor if done right could have been Cobra's ace in the hole a man who could inspire his men to go through hell and back defeat the enemy with almost no losses on their sides. But generic dictator seemed to be the route most chose to go down.
>>
>>5731648
I want to belive, anon, I want to belive
>>
>>5732781
I think that these "shit sandwiches" you speak of have been a driving force in keeping the 1/18 line alive in any form so I don't get the hate.
- or are you one of those "O-ring" purists?
>>
Bought the "Alpha" Owen from the Jurrasic world line. a quick review

The GOOD
>The bike is perfect scale and a good realistic color
>The gun while not a perfect version of the 45-70. Gov marlin featured in the movie its a new sculpt and can be carried by most wrist hinged joes.
> the head of Owen is a good likeness of Chris pratt and with some better paint I could see it being used for Star Lord, Navy Seals or even a better version of Owen.

The bad
> the body of Owen has about 10 points of articution and looks likes a dollar store bootleg
> the head isn't on a joe Style neck peg but a Star wars styled one so modifications have to be made.
>PAINT DAMN IT. Geez I have a dollar store CM punk figure that is better painted than the Owen Figure.

The.... Meh
> Raptor... I love dinosaurs so it's a good figure but if you bought the other releases of "Blue" you have it.

Overall I'll give it a 5/10 mostly because it's a quaity set for 20 bucks and is still leagues above what other mass release 1/18 figures have now. pick it up for 20 bucks or on clearance in a few months.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.