[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No one with good taste wanted this theme, ever. Simpsons has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 800x1197) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 800x1197
No one with good taste wanted this theme, ever. Simpsons has been shit for almost 20 years, and wasting away two whole waves of minifigures, a collevtive 8 months on store shelves, was a fucking retarded venture at that. Lego is fucking retarded for trying to pander to the simpsons, and the same with their shity disney wave full of princesses and retarded characters like mickey and goofy.
>>
>passed on Legend of Zelda because "we'd have to make 5 new pieces"
>puts out a tie-in to a franchise no one has cared about for a decade
>>
>>5715429
Wait, they really passed on zelda? Ive never played the games beforebut idve still bought that cuz of the monster designs. Also, they had to make new head molds for each figure, how is that any cheap then 5 more peices? If anything, thats WAYYYY more expensive then what theyd have to do for zelda.
>>
>>5715426
>No one with good taste wanted this theme, ever.
There was a time when the Simpsons wasnt shit, and it was over a score ago. we wanted a movie, a lego, video games and a toyline. we got at least two, but now it's the future where they finally make it but is no longer needed anymore. also, all Lego really is is original themes and rehashed Star wars sets
>>
>>5715429
>>5715437

Goalposts m8. Zelda was specifically Cusoo which does not allow new parts.
>>
>>5715461
I love how they're also half-assing the Dr Who license, only sort-of caring about Ghostbusters(no RGB?) and how Lego Dimensions costs about $1000 to play when you buy all the sets.
>>
>>5715426
Where are the slutty twins?
>>
They should've done a Futurama theme instead, but all the retards everywhere else are bitching that they don't want it because "it's not appropriate for children."
>>
>>5715890
Maybe they should stop being such fucking awful parents and let their kids watch tv, or theyll grow up to become edgy cunts, who resent their parents for being moral busybodies.
>>
>>5715968
I think it's actually children complaining, which is a bit obnoxious.
Because a huge, expensive Planet Express building set would be pretty great.
>>
File: ghog.jpg (84 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
ghog.jpg
84 KB, 435x326
>this happens, yet bionicle mask packs are nowhere to be found

I'd like to know what kind of crack they're smoking
>>
>the designs of non lego people are shit anyway
>>
File: sampsins.jpg (406 KB, 1013x1920) Image search: [Google]
sampsins.jpg
406 KB, 1013x1920
>>5715426

OH NO, I wasted my money!
>>
>>5716050
Ew man, this is a blue board, you cant post scatfetishit images here.
>>
>>5715426

It was the first licensed minifig blindbag, which raised the price by a dollar, which in turn allowed them to sell their original minifig series for the same price, allowing LEGO more profit.
>>
>>5716057
>literally using the lego simpsons wave to jack up their prices a whole dollar
Yet another reason why i fucking hate this shit theme.
>>
>>5716050

What shelf are they in?
>>
>>5716074
Thats not a shelf you tard, thats there toilet.
>>
>>5716055
>Ill post my lego simpsons collection, too.

You posted your Bill Hicks CD collection by mistake
>>
>>5716082
>thats
>there
Fuck off, fatass.
>>
https://youtu.be/jrIB35sCg4I
>>
File: legos.jpg (397 KB, 618x1000) Image search: [Google]
legos.jpg
397 KB, 618x1000
>>5716074

Custom made from a shadow box frame.
>>
>>5716050
You know what you must do.
>>
>>5715426

OP is gay 4 Moleman
>>
>>5716780
Everyones gay for mole man you fucking mong!
>>
I think people still buy them to remember the good times shurg
>>
>>5716780
>not being gay for Willie
>>
OP sucks. itchy and scratchy figs are great.
>>
>>5720247
they're the only ones i bothered actively trying to get. them and santa's little helper and snowball.

the people are shit. marge doesnt even fit in the minifigure display cases they sell.
>>
File: KIMG0988.jpg (318 KB, 1296x1220) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0988.jpg
318 KB, 1296x1220
the 20 minutes i spent standing in target molesting minifig bags was a lowpoint, but comic book guy cosplay is a toy you can display that most people like.
>>
>>5720435
Worst minifig ever.
>>
>>5715426

But sucking up to neckbeard commercial wants is why the line is still alive today.
>>
>>5721507

Not even the neckbeards wanted these, though. There were still piles of them on clearance at all the stores in my area a month or so ago.
>>
>>5721719
These shitpieces are what ushered in the 3.99 per minifigure price point, which lego decided to just stick with, so now everything is overpriced whether it has a license or not.

Our local target has not gotten in any lego minifigs since the 2nd simpsons wave because that is ALL that is on the endcap. They never sold out so they never stocked more. They are still hanging there to the day. I've missed probably 3 waves now?
>>
Ugh, the dreaded Licensed Theme wave. Not being a Simpsons fan, seeing these constantly in stock while waiting for series 14 really burnt my ass. I won't lie, though, as Selma came in handy when I did my Hippie Chick MOC.

Looks like both the LEGO Batman and Ninjago movies are going to get CMF waves, too.
>>
>>5727376
>LEGO Batman
Im excited for that, atleast. And even though im not a big fan of ninjago, the monster toys are always cool from them.
>>
>>5727388
I agree that there is a lot of potential in both of those.
>>
>>5716050
Is that an inanimate carbon rod?
>>
>>5716050
Don't listen to the memers
That looks genuinely dank
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>5715426
>No one with good taste wanted this theme, ever.

oh....
>>
The only bad things about Lego Simpsons is what was said, about how the line was the excuse Lego needed to justify jacking up the price of the Lego mini-figure blind bags.

And even then, we should be thankful Lego decided to cut through the bullshit and just sold us the mini-figures outright rather than forcing people to buy overpriced Lego sets just to get the figures.
>>
>>5715426
Am I really looking at this? LEGO Simpsons? How is this a thing? How is this ever a thing? Holy shit life has not turned out like I thougt it would.
>>
>>5732665
>The only bad things about Lego Simpsons is what was said, about how the line was the excuse Lego needed to justify jacking up the price of the Lego mini-figure blind bags.

Wrong.
This price jack up you're talking about, as far as I can see, seems to be an American thing. The most I've even seen CMF retailed at here in Australia, was AUD$5.99 at a Coles supermarket. Big W, K-mart, Target, Toy World, hell even Woolworths all have them for no more then AUD$5. Infact some of them only charger AUD$4.50. Thats the same price they charged for Simpsons. The same price for series 14. And the same price for series 4.

The real problem was the heads. If Lego had of just used regular heads, that had decals that looked like the character, while still looking like Lego, most of the hate would be gone.
>>
>>5732939
Here in the States I've seen CMFs as high as 4.99 (almost AUD$7) at Target. I'm kind of surprised LEGO didn't use the Disney series as a means to make that the MSRP $4.99 here.
>>
>>5728605
I don't like the minifigs but I don't resent the existence of the line, if people like lego and hommer sampson then that's their perogative

This set however is fucking hideous
>>
Next up: Family Guy Legos.

Them Danish will make tons of money.
>>
File: DSCN1985.jpg (793 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1985.jpg
793 KB, 1600x1200
>>5715426
They aren't that bad, just glad the first and only 2 I ever got were exactly what I wanted.

Can you blame them going into the whole blind bag thing, I couldn't even feel these out of the bag unlike others

>>5732939
Are these really worth $5 to begin with though?

I got staff discount and (because I work with trolleys) used free loose change to get these, I wouldn't of touched them otherwise.

Trolley locks are fun
>>
>>5733072
Aw man, I love those minifig-compatible Hot Wheels cars. I have the blue version of that truck and the Let's GO kart.
>>
>>5733072
>Are these really worth $5 to begin with though?
Are you asking if they're really worth $5 in terms of what price they're sold for in stores, or are you asking if they're worth $5 in terms of product quality/value for money?

If its the former, then yes, they really are normally $5 a pack in Australia. Like I said, it's odd to find them for more then $5. Remember $5 in Aus is about $3.70 in burgerbucks.

If it's the later, well that depends. Value is really determined by the customer. While you, I and the majority of CMF collectors/Lego fans/whoevers may not like or be interested in the CMF, that doesn't mean that there aren't people who are. Further more, just imagine if Lego had of released the Simpsons CMFs and went "Well CMFs are normally AUD$5, but we'll make these ones AUD$3, then rise the prices back to AUD$5 when we return to regular numbered series"
It would seem like Lego was saying "We have no confidence in our product". Also can you imagine the bitchfits people would throw when they returned the price to the pre-Simpson line?
>>
File: the samsonadzes.jpg (111 KB, 900x620) Image search: [Google]
the samsonadzes.jpg
111 KB, 900x620
Samsonadzes theme when?
>>
>>5715426
Completely agreed. Fucking stupidest waste of CMF waves. Fuck Simpsons.
>>
Really the issue is that the second wave should have never happened. They blew their load on the first wave with the popular characters and the second wave is mostly crappy varients and less popular secondary characters.
>>
>>5715437
>Zelder
>monsters
Wow, you really don't play.
>>
>>5715426

Lego is being very uncreative lately. Expect a lot of licensed material.
>>
>>5715426
>all those unique heads
what a waste, I wish they made hats and standards heads instead.
>>
i love itchy and scratchy and I'm a little partial to bartman, but the rest can climb up my leg and lick my butthole.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.