[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
London /toy/ stores
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
any londanons know of any cool toy stores in London? I'm here for the week and would love to find some neat places to shop. Pic not related
>>
nah
>>
yah
>>
>>5710768

L
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>5710768
What you looking specifically for pham? Londoner reporting in.
>>
>>5710768
I went to TokyoToys once
On the way we joked about how the shop would actually be really small haha
The shop was smaller than we had joked, the toys were overpriced and were not worth buying.
It was a disappointing experience.

Just go to Forbidden Planet
>>
>>5711018
I like a lot of stuff so what places have the most variety? are there any places that mostly sell older toys? My favorite spot in my area is Quake Collectibles in Chicago, has a lot of stuff from the 80s to current.
>>
>>5711569
You could try Orbital Comics, which is in Leicester Square. Irs a good comic shop and have a few cabinets of old figures and carded stuff. I don't want to hype it up too much, but it's worth a look if you're in the area.
>>
>>5710768
I don't know exactly what you are looking for but there is:
>Toys R Us
>Toymaster
>The Entertainer
>Smyths
>Forbidden Planet
>Tokyo Toys (all bootleg shit)
>Tesco
>Sainsbury's
>Asda/Walmart
>Disney Store
>Harrods

And a couple of independents.

You can also order from Amazon UK and use next day shipping. AnimUK.com is great for japanese toys and figures but shipping is unpredictable.
>>
There's also the big John Lewis on Oxford Street which is not too bad but better for Lego. Selfridges isn't too bad but a bit on the expensive side.

A Lego store on easy access via tube at Shepherds Bush which has a couple of other stores nearby(Disney, Entertainer and a WH Smiths with a Modelzone inside)

There's also a big shop opposite the Oxford street Disney store, top layer is all toys. Can't miss it has a giant Lego Hulkbuster just inside the entrance.

Seconding >>5711615 Orbital is pretty good, has a good range of stuff and is pretty good for Transformers- has generations, the UW Box sets, masterpieces and some 3rd party items

Avoid Hamleys though it's nice around look but overpriced to hell and back
>>
>>5710768
London is anything south of Birmingham right? You must have loads of stores.

Yah? Yah!
>>
>>5710768
From the catalog thumbnail I thought OP's image was a drawing of two dicks smacking each other.
>>
>>5712702
Been watching Peaky Blinders, have we?
>>
London is surprisingly bad for /toy/ shopping, if you want anything other than bug, current western lines, which are available me anywhere anyway.

I was pretty surprised to find this out after moving here.

Forbidden Planet's pretty meh.
Tokyo Toys was a fucking laughing stock, (thank fuck it failed and had to close down.)

MCM comicon is progressively getting worse and worse. (Overpriced bootlegs and prize figure. Fewer and fewer authentic or vintage toy stalls.)

Your best bet in London is to find a WiFi hotspot and shop online.

Brick and mortar stores are, sadly, dead.

(One exception, though /tg/ rather than /toy/, would be Orc's Nest. Lovely board game shop near Covent Garden.)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.