[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a Warhammer 40K thread going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 800x960
Can we get a Warhammer 40K thread going?
>>
>>5709877
>>>/tg/
>>
>>5709877
Why?
>>
>>5709877
As soon as they actually make some fucking toys. Games Workshop is THE most incompetent handlers of a popular property of all time.
>>
>>5709877
We've talked about this before and /toy/ nominally agrees that a 40k toyline come with too many problems that outweigh the practicality.

-Games Workshop is too concerned with preserving its present business model to allow third parties to take a stab at a license. If somebody is going to spend money on 40k? They want that money to go to them exclusively.

-Where do you even start? 40k fandom is pretty fractious so for every 1 fan who'll buy an Ultramarine figure you'll have 2 more that will say 'fuck the smurfs' unless you go with generic colors and customizable decals, even that though won't appease fans of the more individualistic chapters like Space Wolves & the like, so that critical first wave needs to appeal across the board.

-Other races, granted a line would probably focus on Marines but you need something for them to fight, Orks, Chaos & 'Nids would be the probable top three but again, where do you even start?

-What scale? There are plenty of arguments about 1/18 vs. 1/12 already. Personally I'd be OK with either but my preference would be 1/12...which means the Space Marine should be 7-8 inches since 6 inch is 'normal sized'...but unless you're eventually going to Guardsman and Commissars (which would be awesome) that probably wouldn't happen.

-Generic vs. Specific, would the line get just no name army build figures or would we get Cypher, Failbaddon, & CREEEED? Or would they even make 'dead' characters like Horus & the Big E?

-Style, do you do a NECA style line or a 4H style line? Again you have fans & foes of both.

Anyways all this aside I still like the idea of a 40k line I just don't think its feasible.

-Is the demand strong enough?
>>
>>5711032
I'd KILL for a Necron soldier action figure. Throw in some light up features and an Immortal, and i'll kill my relatives.
>>
File: 1446084778342.jpg (192 KB, 1095x730) Image search: [Google]
1446084778342.jpg
192 KB, 1095x730
>>
File: 1446092129770.jpg (292 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
1446092129770.jpg
292 KB, 1600x1071
>>5716608
>>
File: DSC_0102.jpg (509 KB, 2873x1911) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0102.jpg
509 KB, 2873x1911
>>5716611
>>
>>5716608
>>5716611
Man, if that guy did a kickstarter or something for some non franchise specific armoured-marines-from-space action figures then I'd be so up for that.
>>
Man, these Space Marines look really neat.
The real question here is, how many Space Marines equal one Doomguy?
>>
>tfw no 1/18 Fire Warriors to army build
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.