[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mezco One:12 Collective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 32
Just preordered this guy. Hyped as fuck. Can't wait to get Spidey and Deadpool in this line.

Any anons here collecting this line? Missed out on DKR Bats when it was released - can't find it anywhere for lower than rape prices now.
>>
I have black Batman and regular colors Dredd.

I'm planning on getting Cap, Punisher, and Daredevil whenever the like "classic" versions drop.

Green Arrow looks amazing but I just don't give a shit enough about Green Arrow to drop that kind of dosh.

Might get Space Ghost just cause I love Coast to Coast. Might get Frankenstein but I'll wait for reviews.
>>
File: MEZ11072.jpg (52 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
MEZ11072.jpg
52 KB, 752x564
>all those fucking beams and a crazy monkey for 70 dollars

If I didn't already have the SGCTC toys I'd pick it up in an instant.
>>
I'm going to buy all the Marvel ones. Green Arrow looks good as well.
>>
>>5707018
>Green Arrow looks amazing but I just don't give a shit enough about Green Arrow to drop that kind of dosh.

Same here. Bit of a shame, too - he's the best-looking comics-based DC figure in the line so far. Based on the promo pics, they kinda dropped the ball on Flash (disappointing, as I was looking forward to getting him).
>>
>>5707020
That head just screams DCAU Batman.
>>
I'm in for all of the Marvel figures shown so far. I echo other people's sentiments about the DC ones - I wish they were better but I don't have enough attachment to the characters to pay that much for just an 'okay' figure. I'm planning on getting all the Marvel variants as well.

I was really impressed by their Batman - that would explain why I have 4 variants (only missing the B&W version).

I also have their Dredd (regular and PX) and the Lawmaster bike is sitting in my POL. Did anyone else grab one? I'll ship him soon and take pics if this thread still exists by then.
>>
>>5706995
I preordered him, Daredevil, Punisher, and BvS Batman. This shit looks absurdly cool, but is pricey - topping out at $80 per figure now.
>>
>>5707020
Honestly, my only real attachment to Space Ghost is through CTC, but I'm tempted to get this and find some sort of desk for him.
>>
>>5707028
Thats because Bruce Timm was inspired by Alex Toths art when designing BTAS
>>
>>5707057
Nice, didn't know that. Thanks anon.
>>
I just have Shazam on order, but tempted by Punisher. Question though, I've noticed theres a couple of Punishers coming, one in the first appearance costume and one with a kind of metal chest plate, are they planning the T-shirt and jeans with black trenchcoat look? I was always more fond of the MAX Comics run.
>>
>>5707323

They said they're planning an additional version that hasn't been shown and that seems like the obvious choice. It's probably just taking a lot of time to get the trenchcoat right.
>>
File: MEZ11070.jpg (45 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
MEZ11070.jpg
45 KB, 752x564
I'm pretty meh about all the Marvel and DC characters except for GA and this guy.

And people said he wouldn't come with realistic guns.
>>
>>5707020
I'm super tempted by this. Can anyone give me some insight on how long pre-orders stay open with Mezco?
>>
>>5707359

I don't think anything they've done so far has sold out everywhere before release, so you should be able to wait for reviews.
>>
>>5707359
They stay open until they sell out.
Why bother preordering though? Even their Dark Knight didn't sell out until months afterward.

You live in the USA, right?
>>
>>5707368
Do any collector toys sell out instantly?
I know 3a sort of disappears almost instantly, but their stuff is very limited in where its sold.
Only other toys i know of that sell out fast are other lines that aren't sold in stores, like convention exclusives and stuff like 4H's figures.

Practically everything else stays on the shelves months and months, even Japanese stuff.
>>
>>5707359
They usually stay in stock. If they do sell out, they usually reopen preorders a little bit before release. Expect at least one delay on their One:12 figures though. I don't think any of them have ever came out on time.
>>
>>5707020
I really wish this came with coast to coast shit instead of the dumb monkey that I don't care about.
>>
File: arrow mezco.jpg (545 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
arrow mezco.jpg
545 KB, 1000x600
>>5707018
I like a lot of the designs, especially Green Arrow, but like you I don't really care that much about the character. Which is a shame, because the figure looks great.

>>5707400
I have the opposite problem with Space Ghost that I do Green Arrow. Love the character, figure looks meh.

I love the Judge Dredd though, might try and source out the Batman figure too.
>>
>>5707368
>>5707379
>>5707392
US, yes. Thanks for the info.
>>
Do they charge when you pre-order, or when it ships? I want that Space Ghost.
>>
>>5706995
Yes but I'm gonna pass on this recent stuff.

Waiting on these which have been confirmed:
-TDKR Supes
-TDKR Joker (Maybe)
-Frazzetta Conan

I'll probably get Shazam too.

From Marvel I'm hoping for Mr. Knight.
>>
File: mazzucheli daredevil .png (1 MB, 602x738) Image search: [Google]
mazzucheli daredevil .png
1 MB, 602x738
I had high hopes for this line, and I still do to an extent, but I really wish we where getting more direct artist/storyline versions of characters rather than Mezco original redesigns. Batman was perfect,

I don't want Daredevil with shoulderpads,a turtleneck, and mesh fabric on his suit, I want the classic Wally wood design. A Mazzucheli based version would be perfect.There's so many classic (and a few modern) artist's versions of characters I'd love to see in this high-end style, and there's very few high-end comic based figures like this. Sentinel's Iron Man line is one of the few others.

I could rattle off a laundry list of artist/character combos I'd love.. Neal Adams Batman, Mike Grell Green arrow, Frank Quitely Superman, Simonson or Coipel Thor, Steranko Nick Fury, McFarlane Spider-man..

And a Jack Kirby anything would be amazing. Have the hard, carved Kirby lines on the body, with the fabric going over it
>>
>>5707020
>White cloth
Fuck
>>
>>5708132
Yeah, that'll be a disaster. Maybe the body underneath will be white and you can just take it off. I don't understand this company's thing with fabric honestly, all it does is up the prices astronomically.
>>
I got Spock and will probably get Kirk, Shazam and maybe Green Arrow

I hope they do a GL one sometime
>>
>>5708167
>I want all sculpted plastic clothing
pleb
>>
>hey fellow mezco employee, everyone is really buzzing about our line since DKR Batman and Dredd

>yeah, really, maybe we should expand things to Marvel

>awesome idea! what do you think we should do?

>how about a whole bunch of shitty interpretations of characters without any purely classic outfits that everyone would actually want. I mean, look at all the negative feedback we got from that Superman, surely the fans will want more of that

>BRILLIANT

And that's how I stopped giving a shit about One:12.
>>
>>5707751
Where has this been confirmed?
>>
>>5708399
If you don't want it, that's more for the rest of us, because some of the designs are really good.

But i do agree that they should try to make figures based on the comics and their artists' styles, rather than generic figures.
>>
File: Spock.jpg (338 KB, 1061x1504) Image search: [Google]
Spock.jpg
338 KB, 1061x1504
>>5706995

I've got black/grey Batman (wish I would have got blue/grey as well), regular Dredd and I just got Spock in this week but I've not been able to mess with him yet.

My pre-orders are: Green Arrow, Sulu and Kirk. Some of the others I can't decide upon. I like Shazam but I just don't know, not invested at all in the character. I'm not invested in Green Arrow at all either but I think the figure looks amazing so I am gonna get it. A lot of others I don't really care for the looks of. I will get the classic Captain America if I can get it on their site (looks like there and SDCC are the only options for it), I will get the classic black/white punisher if they actually release it and in a decent quantity, if they don't I may get the trench coat version.

Ghosbusters definitely have my interest and I can't wait to see what they look like. I am wondering what female they are going to reveal at SDCC as well.

>>5707612

If you order from Mezco's site they charge immediately if you use PayPal and they charge you when it becomes available if you use a credit card.

>>5708509

Lot of stuff here if you are willing to listen: https://youtu.be/wFmVecg2NGY

Confirmed:
DKR Superman and Joker have been developed
Ghostbusters
Ash (Evil Dead)
Pinhead
Red Skull
Frazetta's Barbarian

Mentioned:
McCoy and Uhura
Thundercats when Mattel finishes raping it
Venom
>>
>>5708674
>DKR Superman and Joker have been developed
Not only that, they said they only paused the TDKR line because they had to release the BvS figures, and now that they're past that, they're going back to TDKR.
>>
>>5708674
>Venom

Judging from how the RAH (comics version) turned out, I'm not so sure this is a good idea.
>>
>>5708674

Now Ash I'd totally get.
>>
>>5708674
Ash
Thundercats
Frazetta stuff
Pinhead

I'll definitely get those and probably any spideys they do.
>>
>>5709641

Idk they've done a really good job with doing glossy textures and stuff like that by coating cloth in plastic, like Dredd's outfit or parts of Daredevil's. If you look at the coated parts of black Daredevil's suit it seems like that would be a fine material to use for black suit Spidey or for Venom to get the symbiote look/texture.

The Medicom figure is like a thousand years old anyway and clothed figures have gotten astronomically less shit in the meantime so I wouldn't base my judgments on that lol.
>>
>>5709668
Mm, good points anon. Though I remember some people being worried about the glossy coat on Daredevil deteriorating over time (I guess we'll know after it comes out). Still, yeah - they shouldn't have a problem capturing Venom's look, I suppose.
>>
>>5709863

It strikes me as durable on Dredd but only time will tell
>>
>>5708674
>McCoy
they fucking better
>>
>>5710017

Then people better buy Spock, Kirk and Sulu :^]
>>
>>5708674
Can you post comparison pics of Spock with other figures in 1/12 scale? I'm just curious as to how the proportions look compared to other lines.
>>
>>5710533

Yeah, at work at the moment, I'll try to get them in the morning.
>>
>>5710533

Well, realized I read your post wrong. I don't have any figure in 1:12 other than the other Mezco offerings. I can post pics of him beside those or by some figmas if you want.
>>
>>5707323
They've shown off a trench coat version as well.
>>
Maybe they'll finally make a good legends scale Thor
>>
>>5711087
Marvel Select beat them to it.
>>
>>5710786
>I can post pics of him beside those or by some figmas if you want
Yeah that would be great! I have some Figma anyway so any size comparison would be useful just to get an idea of how they look with other figures.
>>
>>5707783
>Simonson or Coipel Thor

Simonson Thor, Beta Ray, and Sif, would all be amazing.

So, you know, never gonna happen. Sigh.
>>
You know what I would love to see from this line? A Red Sonja and/or Conan. While you don't really see much bare skin in the line, I think the chain mail and fur and leather would be sick
>>
>>5706995
Hail Hydra
>>
>>5711125
Not legends scale
>>
>>5708674

Awesome list, right pumped, but am surprised no one has brought up the mention from that podcast about not just One:12 Ghostbusters but also a potential One:12 Ecto-1 too.

The thing would be huge, expensive, and fulfilling a life-long toy dream; a hyper detailed Ecto for once.
>>
I honestly just really wish they'd make a Carl figure bundled with the Aqua Teens.
I doubt they'd need any articulation, so I could see a set like that selling for just around $80-115
Or am I just underestimating the price too much?
>>
File: startrekcleanroom.jpg (26 KB, 600x268) Image search: [Google]
startrekcleanroom.jpg
26 KB, 600x268
>>5711781
Are there really this many ghostbuster fans or is it just a really loud tiny group?

I'd rather see Mezco do something that is more widely appealing, like Denver the Last Dinosaur and Enterprise.
>>
>>5711769
It's literally the exact height of the ROML Thor/Odin wave Thor.
>>
>>5711995

You had me going for a moment.
>>
>>5712024
So it's too big?
>>
>>5712032
No. Thor has been fucking huge since Coipel, and they've kept it running. He was 7'+ when him and Iron Man had it out in that infamous fight.
>>
File: Spock, Figma Link and Samus.jpg (1002 KB, 1557x1233) Image search: [Google]
Spock, Figma Link and Samus.jpg
1002 KB, 1557x1233
>>5711192
>>
File: Spock and his Kusanagi bot.jpg (769 KB, 982x1570) Image search: [Google]
Spock and his Kusanagi bot.jpg
769 KB, 982x1570
>>5713031
>>
>>5713031
>>5713037
That is eerily realistic for a 1/12 figure.
>>
>>5707414
I'll probably be hated for this, but...

If that figure came with a Stephen Amell head instead of Three Musketeers-facial hair I would buy it.
>>
>>5711010
When did he start wearing a trenchcoat instead of his dumb boots and gloves?
>>
File: punisher war zone.jpg (177 KB, 912x700) Image search: [Google]
punisher war zone.jpg
177 KB, 912x700
>>5714309
why are you such a nob?

Stuffl ike that hasbeen around forever and ever.
>>
>>5711010

IS it just me or is that trench coat horribly photoshopped?
>>
>>5713031
>>5713037

Ohh thanks! These really help.
>>
File: CkNmp3UWYAEM0z4.jpg orig.jpe.jpg (66 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
CkNmp3UWYAEM0z4.jpg orig.jpe.jpg
66 KB, 1200x1200
>>
>>5714307
Nah, Amell is great. The show is shit, but he seems like a good guy who actually cares about the character and is just trying to make the best of a bad show/situation. Plus, the first 2 seasons are fun. I'll probably get this one because I like the classic GA muskateer face, but it'd interesting to see if I can find a resin cast of Amell to make a custom head.
>>
>>5714574
It's horribly shooped, but Mezco excels at doing 1:12 scale clothing - Hellboy, for example. Mezco is doing 3 versions of Frank - Classic, armor panel/tacticool, and maybe trenchcoat version. Although I'm hoping the coat comes with the one shown above, and our 3rd one is Solid Frank
>>
>>5707356
>only comes with 1 Tom Jane 1911
awww...
>>
Depending on the price of this version, I may get it.
>>
File: 41+anzdMgVL._SY300_.jpg (13 KB, 205x300) Image search: [Google]
41+anzdMgVL._SY300_.jpg
13 KB, 205x300
>>5716842
The old fashioned costume and helmet looks kind of weird with the modern covered in pouches boots and gloves, imo
>>
Looks like Armored Batman is a con exclusive as well

https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/739808474440323072

Wonder why, considering the mold sounds expensive, with light-up eyes & metal armor. Maybe the movie flop discouraged them. Hopefully the Batmobile still comes out, considering that thing will be like $400.
>>
>>5717107

The exclusives will also be available on their site.
>>
>>5715273
>>5711010
Will the variant versions have different preorder? Are they available yet? It is kind of a misadvertisement to show these prototypes before the basic version even come out, I would imagine a lot of people blindly putting the PO thinking they would get trenchcoat Punisher or Blue Suit Cap
>>
File: image.gif (4 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4 MB, 1000x1000
There's a glow in the dark Space Ghost variant
>>
>>5716842
see: >>5708399
>>
Is it really a con exclusive if it's on the site?
>>
>>5717295
>Is it really a con exclusive if it's on the site?
who cares, if it means we get to buy it and it's limited; its all good
>>
>>5717315
I'm more or less complaining about the fact that they'll call it a con exclusive to jack up the price
>>
>>5717270
How they do this magics?
>>
I remember last year when the Flash and Superman were being revealed and everyone as shitting on them because they thought they were coming out at the end of that winter and looks like the figures are just gonna blow it out the water again
>>
Question to any Mezco owners still around.

Do the figures offer enough articulation to draw a bow with an arrow? I'm afraid of pre-ordering the Green Arrow figure, and it's articulation ends up being kinda meh.
>>
>>5716842
>Con exclusive

>>5717107
>Con exclusive

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? First the prices hike between $10 and $30 or more per figure vs the Batman and Dredd they released, and now they're relegating some of their more desirable releases to 'con exclusive' status that will make them nigh-impossible to buy for anything less than a wallet-raping sum of money outside the US?

Yeah, I think I'll just stick to Figuarts thanks. I loved your initial releases, Mezco, but you're making it so fucking hard to collect this line for anyone who lives outside the US I can't support it any more.
>>
>>5718428
I don't know if you noticed, but BvS was a critical bomb and the toyline hasn't been selling well.
Mezco is doing the right thing (business wise) by shortening sales and just leaving the more expensive figure as a convention exclusive.
>>
>>5717107
Why does Batman come with guns?
>>
>>5718407
The bodies have butterfly joints and import style wrists, so as long as the costume itself doesn't hinder it (which we have no way of knowing) it should be fine.
>>
>>5716842
> Those narc eyes.
>>
>>5716923

The chin strap messes it up for me.
>>
>>5718486

grappling hook launchers
>>
>>5708399

I suspect it might be the terms of their license. I remember 3A specifically stating that their Marvel license only allows them to do their own original interpretations of characters. Because they're 3A that means they make weird stupid looking versions.

But if maybe Mezco got the same license, then maybe they're like trying to cheat it as hard as they can and stuff like their classic Cap might be the closest they can legally get to the original costume for the character. They might legally have to throw in at least one obvious detail that's completely their own, like the sneakerish feet on Spider-Man, which is probably the design we've seen with the most minimal change from the comic version.

Also the fact that Mezco seems to be treating Marvel a lot more this way than they treat DC is another thing that tells me that it's probably the license terms.
>>
>>5718486
Because he did nothing but kill people on that movie.
>>
>>5719831
Batman doesn't kill people, he's Batman
>>
>>5719836

Are you fucking kidding? Batman leaves a trail of death and destruction every time he comes up out of the ocean. Buildings collapse, oil refineries are set ablaze, jet fighters are knocked from the air. And don't even get me started on how much worse it is if he's fighting with Rodan or Anguirus.
>>
Pre-orders open tomorrow at 9AM EST on Mezco's website for all their SDCC stuff.

Anyone biting for Captain 'Murica or Armored Batfleck? No price until the sale makes me weary; Cap'n has a expensive sounding packaging & Batman has real metal armor/spear & electronics. Fuck.
>>
>>5720372
Eh, I'll get mine at SDCC.
As much as i really love the design and want Mezco to take my money, it's still from that really shitty movie.

It's an amazing looking figure and you can probably kill someone with it too, which is always nice.
>>
>>5708674
I want to get Kirk, Spock, and Bones, but I feel like I'd be better off waiting until my Captain America gets in to see if they're worth the money.
>>
File: 1456875169538.jpg (25 KB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
1456875169538.jpg
25 KB, 300x249
> Try pre-ordering on their site
> Don't ship to Canada

Fuck my shitty country.
>>
$110 each for Armored Batman and Classic Cap. Ouch.
>>
File: batman-killing.jpg (75 KB, 636x393) Image search: [Google]
batman-killing.jpg
75 KB, 636x393
>>5719836
>>
File: batman kills 2.jpg (147 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
batman kills 2.jpg
147 KB, 500x421
>>5719836
2/3
>>
File: batmankills1.jpg (51 KB, 620x334) Image search: [Google]
batmankills1.jpg
51 KB, 620x334
>>5719836
3/3
There's more out there
>>
>>5721475
>$110 each for Armored Batman and Classic Cap. Ouch.
Plus $16.50 shipping. Mezco can eat a big fat cock.
>>
>>5721609
I asked Mezco about their steady price increase from TDKR Batman to current preorders and they compared their One:12 offerings to 1/6 scale figures as if we were getting a deal in comparison. As nice as these are, I don't think it was fair of them to compare the two. I'm afraid the $100 mark is going to be their standard pricing come next year if they keep up with this mentality.
>>
>>5721628
I see they are going the PAK route of increasing by 20 dollars with every set of releases.
>>
>>5721628
If they're going to raise the price floor and compare to 1/6, they need to source out some thinner fabric with a threadcount that is appropriately scaled to 1/12, and they need to find a different method of adding texture other than screenprinting onto said fabric (see Cap's scales), which will eventually crack and flake off.
>>
Is this going to be the only version of classic Cap cause I'm not fucking paying that

just give me a regular box for 80 bucks jesus christ why are you treating "regular captain america" like it's some sort of weird variant
>>
File: 18645463462.png (151 KB, 263x266) Image search: [Google]
18645463462.png
151 KB, 263x266
>BvS Batman delayed to August/September
>Armored Batman is 110 burger bucks
I guess I can't complain since a few years ago the only Batman figures coming out were Mattel or DC Direct stuff that were basically statues.
>>
File: mezco sdcc cap.jpg (218 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
mezco sdcc cap.jpg
218 KB, 1500x1500
>>5721475
Not bad.
I was expecting $120+ and afraid it would go for $180+

>>5722059
They've shown three captain Americas so far. The one everyone is talking about is the SDCC exclusive one, which will come in a neato box that has an animated card.
The normal ones will be $80.
>>
>>5722432

I understand that, but the other two are completely different designs. And this is the only one that looks like regular Captain America. And they made it into a $110 exclusive even though it's the one that most people would want.
>>
>>5722463
You can solve this in three simple steps:

1) Buy the regular version
2) Remove the brown straps on the regular version
3) Glue some wings on the helmet of the regular version

The regular version's shade of blue is closer to the classic blue, anyway, and they BOTH come with the wrong (read: not buccaneer) boots and gloves. Both versions also have the same accessories (and magnetic shield).

Unless you're after the round tin of the SDCC version, just get the $80 version.
>>
This may have been covered already but Mezco posted to their Instagram yesterday about classic Ghostbusters ONE:12 figures coming in 2017. I could see these being potentially good, with removable proton packs, 1/12 Ecto-1 and all, but they'll probably end up being more expensive than their current offerings. Also it's been confirmed that they're only doing the classics.
>>
Picked up Dark Knight Returns Batman today. Pretty cool figure, though not as articulate as I hoped (might need a bit of easing into it though) and I can't get the stand/cape prop to work either.
>>
>>5708388
When it comes to white cloth it's going to get dirty and stay dirty really fucking easily. It's a bad choice.
>>
I hope Reverse Flash has an alternate Zoom head although I can't remember if their suits are different or not.
>>
>>5721695

List of companies currently pulling this shit:

> PAK
> Monsterarts
> Mezco

Add any others
>>
>>5723970
I bet by the time these come out Mezco will have upped the price on the line to $120.
>>
>>5724498
Welcome to every toy line ever. Start prices out nice and low to get market share. Then once you have a fan base start raising prices like nuts until you find the point where they are no longer willing to pay. The only reason some lines haven't raised in price is because they've already found the prices where customers start to drop off like flies. So they've instead gone the route of removing accessories, doing more web shop/event exclusives and removing paint apps.
>>
File: image.jpg (912 KB, 1730x2162) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
912 KB, 1730x2162
The Mezco Lawmaster is all kinds of badass. So glad I went with the black one. Didn't care for the sparkly blue PX version.
>>
>>5728616

I sort of wish I could convince myself to shell out for it but also idk. It's a reasonable price for what you're actually getting but it's stll like on a subjective level a fuckton of money for what amounts to an accessory.
>>
It's hard to pick what variants to get in this line lol. I ended up with black Batman but I was kind of torn between all three. I still kind of wish I also had the light blue one. I went with regular Dredd, but the black/white one still tempts me lol.

I ordered the SDCC Captain America and I think I'm pretty satisfied with just that one. But now I know I'm REALLY going to struggle deciding which Punisher I want, and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to talk myself out of getting both red and yellow Daredevil.

And if they do black suit Spider-man I'm almost certainly gonna have to buy both that and the regular one.

If they can work the licensing out to do Wolverine I can imagine there being a million good variants.
>>
>>5706995
Is cap still a super sekrit Nazi plant in the comic?
>>
Hopefully they'll have a Spider-Man proto and maybe some surprises at SDCC I'm pretty fucking excited for that
>>
File: bw dredd.jpg (87 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
bw dredd.jpg
87 KB, 800x800
>>5728751
I got black Batman mainly because it was the only one they had in the shop but I think I'd have gone for him anyway.

Black and White Dredd looks gorgeous but for the only Dredd figure I'm ever gonna get I think I wanted something more 'definitive' than stylised. Would love the gun from the Cursed Earth one though.
>>
I wonder what a Thor figure would be like in this line. I guess we haven't seen how they handle long hair yet, but they've said they're doing Wonder Woman, Conan, and Red Sonja so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The one thing I can definitely imagine them doing is an actual metal hammer with a pleather strap which would be fucking sick.
>>
>>5731052
>conan
WAT
>>
>>5731344
Yep, also Frazetta's Death Dealer no?
>>
File: Captain Marvel.jpg (274 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Captain Marvel.jpg
274 KB, 1500x1500
>>5731052
My uneducated guess is that they'd go for sculpted for Thor, but I don't know. I can't imagine hair at this scale looking particularly great, I don't think it really works even on Hot Toys scale.
>>
>>5731688

Oh yeah I don't think they should do rooted hair it would look like total shit at that scale but I just mean in general there's a lot of different ways of handling long hair because it can get in the way, and it can also look weird in a lot of poses when it's like sculpted in a fixed position, and it can also just easily look like shit. It's only like particularly easy to sculpt and paint in a way that works well if the figure is in an anime style. So I'm just curious to see what they do. I think it would be really good for this line to include multiple hair parts for figures, so you can have regular hanging down hair that might get in the way of the articulation a little bit but falls in the way that looks right for sort of casual or inactive poses, but also have like dynamic wooshing to one side hair that sort of gets it out of the way of the articulation for more dynamic poses and also just looks more appropriate for them.
>>
mezco pls
>>
File: 2757.jpg (223 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
2757.jpg
223 KB, 1500x1500
Thoughts?
>>
>>5735112
Collar section looks fuck-awful, that's about the only thing wrong with it.
>>
>>5735112
Fatter tits than Power Girl. The fuck is wrong with this company? Did they run out of creative steam after Dredd? Everything has been noticeably shittier.
>>
>>5735112
>No happy smiling face
Superman it's death bury it consider this mercy

This is not the DKR version right?
>>
>>5735236
>This is not the DKR version right?
No. DKR Superman's hair twirls up like 8 inches over his head.
>>
>>5735112
>>5735112

>dem faces

How is it that Shazam seems more like Superman to me than Superman himself?
>>
>>5735882
Because Shazam is a rip off of Superman, that became more popular than Superman, and Superman started copying Shazam.
>>
File: 2751.jpg (244 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
2751.jpg
244 KB, 1500x1500
>>5735112
this guy is fucking thicc
>>
>>5736134
If he was just 15% thinner he would be perfect
>>
>>5736265
15% is really specific but spot on. That torso is just bad.
>>
>>5706995
I ordered that one but only him for now. If he turns out well I'm planning on getting Kirk and Spock.
>>
>>5736268
I know he is Superman but Holy shit dem thunder thights, no need to be that big
>>5736294
You can watch some Spock reviews at this point though
>>
>>5736305
>You can watch some Spock reviews at this point though
I can't hold them in my hand though.
>>
>>5735112
well, looks kinda weird, I think photos do this line bad but shiny suit looks kinda retarded. asumming the cape will have a wire considering the odd angle? would be pretty shit without it. I vaguely remember some autist youtuber getting his hands on DKR batman early, has anyone been able to show this off yet or are these promos going to be the only thing we get until release?
>>
File: alex_ross_sup_print.jpg (303 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
alex_ross_sup_print.jpg
303 KB, 1600x1060
>people hating on Superman looking built
moviecasuals shouldn't be allowed to like comic characters or comment on them
>>
>>5735112
Looks a lot better than when they first showed it - like, a LOT better. But I think I'll hold out for the DKR version. Hopefully he'll come with an alternate 'cheesy grin and winking' face.
>>
File: thiccman.png (2 MB, 1600x830) Image search: [Google]
thiccman.png
2 MB, 1600x830
>>5736737
i know its not official art but it translates ok.
Alex Ross will draw everyone on steroids so your picture (and the one i show) doesnt count.
Superman has always been on the buff side (obviously), yes, but not like this action figure portrays.
>>
>>5735112
>No Smile
Dropped.
>>
File: superman-ed-art.jpg (131 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
superman-ed-art.jpg
131 KB, 467x700
>>5736979
>movie casual talking
just stop
>>
>>5737820
You know I can find art of him not as big right
>>
File: superjimlee.jpg (80 KB, 550x782) Image search: [Google]
superjimlee.jpg
80 KB, 550x782
>>5737832
And i can go all day of showing thick Supermen from the comics, almost all of them from popular runs by the most popular artists in the industry.

Saying "Alex Ross doesn't count" is just shitty denial, especially when that art is the most known and popular, which is why Mezco would produce a thick Superman.
>>
>>5736979
bruce timm 4 lyf
>>
>>5721516

A handful of kills in the character's very first formative years hardly negates around 75 subsequent years worth of *not* killing.
>>
>>5738046
yeah but it completely shatters the argument that "batman doesnt kill"
Maybe more like "Batman doesnt kill anymore"
>>
>>5719836
There are plenty of iterations of Batman where he has killed people.
>>
>>5735112
Jesus christ that cloth looks fucking awful. I mean, it worked for Batman (at least from what I've seen of it) but here it just makes him look like a ragdoll.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.