[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just looking for some advice on a figure, anyone own pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: PlayArtsKaiCloudStrife.jpg (75 KB, 480x583) Image search: [Google]
PlayArtsKaiCloudStrife.jpg
75 KB, 480x583
Just looking for some advice on a figure, anyone own pic related?

Never bought a PAK figure before, but I'm considering it. How is their quality? Are the joints good? Hows the range of motion on him, is he poseable enough compared to a figma or revoltech?
>>
Don't. Just don't.

Use that money to buy a decent onahole.
>>
>>5705830

My hand is free anon, so I don't need that.
>>
>>5705816
why don't you just lookup a toyreview?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQeGPbY_M-g

i have that PAK and i really like it, but a video will be able to tell you more and show you about it.

Also: Don't listen to the PAK Memers on here. hating PAKs for no reason is pretty popular among /toy/soldiers.
>>
>>5706353

>hating PAKs for no reason

Weird scale, horrible qa, and horrendously overpriced. All you need to know about PAKs.
>>
>>5706353
>for no reason
>>
Those that like PAKs don't know better.
>>
>>5706357
and all of this is just wrong and outdated. even the pricing.
>>
>>5706424

Just checked and yup, still out of whack.

I think their entire business model is 'fake it till you make it'.
>>
I just think they personally look like ass, they are too shiny, their faces are too jacked up especially at that size, they just look kind of messy, especially for that price tag. Plus their joints are like gigantic marbles.
>>
>>5706357
I don't mind the scale.
The qa is sorta tolerable I guess.
The price is ridiculous.
>>
Picked up KH2 Riku a few months ago, was expecting shit. Pleasantly surprised. Nice paint, decent sculpting, ok articulation. No peanut knees. PAK not a boogeyman.
>>
PAK "were" pretty nice... till about 2 years ago when they started jacking up the prices but failed to follow suit with the quality. I don't know what went wrong but the entire line gets worse with each release.
>>
>>5706615
thats what EVERYONE says after he actually bought a PAK without blindly hating it for reasons he heard somewhere. Its really funny.

this video alone
>>5706353
shows how nearly flawless the figure is. I'll give you the knees of SOME PAKs maybe (unfortunately, Cloud is indeed one of them) and the Stands they come with are all generally crap.

but aside from that, Play Arts Kai is flawless. The pricetag is pretty reasonable for such a high quality figure if you're not a poorfag. Also, the Square Enix store has about 30% price drop once like every month.
>>
>>5706565

I think the only reason they stick with it is because it's a blurry line where people will pay more than what 1:6 costs, but still well enough under doll (hot toys) prices.
>>
>>5706353
>spends like 90% of the review on the paint job

Fucks sake. Yeah it's an alright paint job, but this cocksucker should've spent way more time on poseability/range of motion/etc. A paint job does not require that amount of time, because you can fucking see it while he should've been showing off the articulation.
>>
>>5705816
buy the old FF figures they are much better the the KAI line

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Strife-Action-Figure/dp/B000Z6M3EA/ref=sr_1_9?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1464817794&sr=1-9&keywords=play+arts+cloud
>>
The figures themselves tend to be a solid "decent" these days. The early days of the line were horrendous, but they've pulled their thumbs out and ironed out many of the kinks. However, they won't scale with anything else you may own, so if that bugs you, then yeah. Also, they're still horrendously overpriced considering the minimal accessory counts - it's not like you're paying more for higher quality, because PAKs nowadays are on the same level as cheaper, competing lines rather than being significantly better. You're paying a premium because fuck you, Square-Enix knows you want figures from their games and they know that you'll have no choice but to buy their figures because there's no alternative.
>>
I was an apologist for PAK until sneaking suit Venom Snake happened.

That was the one chance at getting a poseable SS snake back then and they shat the bed so hard with it.
>>
>>5705816
I hate PAK with a passion, but I decided to get this, OP. And I didn't regret it.

I only have this and Kazuya (it sucks, just had it because Kaz figures are hard to come by) as the only PAKs in my whole collection. PAKs, in general, sucks!
>>
I have some older Play Arts (not Kai) figures. The only real gripe I have with them is the scale. Maybe I'm just lucky, but the two I have seem like pretty good figures, they're just too big to fit in with my 1/12 stuff.
>>
>>5708472
PAK collector here. Kaz really has to be the lowpoint of Play Arts Kai (you can even get him for around 20 bucks if you're lucky, so..)

Thing is, Kaz is one of the very first Play Arts Kai ever. AC Cloud is a more recent one, and like in this thread already stated a few times, the more modern PAKs are very good. comparing old and new PAK makes really no sense.

but as much as i like PAK, Kaz really, really sucks hard.
>>
>>5708579
OP here.

But yeah, it's just a matter of opinion. For me, I just hate PAKs because their scaling doesn't make sense, and most of the paint jobs suck.

Just to be clear, I said I only have AC Cloud and Kaz in my collection. Just to stress the fact that AC Cloud is just that damn good, and because Kaz is my favorite player.

I didn't say my experience of PAKs are just with those two figures, so I wasn't really comparing the two figures and just say 'ohh this line sucks doney ass.' I'm well versed with the PAK releases since we also have a big toy community in my part of the world, and I have some friends who collect PAKs.

Again, it's just my opinion. I don't expect people to agree with me.
>>
>>5708472
did you also get his beautiful wife jun?
>>
I have him. His hair doesn't look anywhere near as nice and nuanced as the promo pics and it's annoying that you can't remove his skirt or the immense mess of scabbards. Otherwise, he's pretty damn nice. PAKs are more of the kind of thing that sits in a detolf or on a desk so don't expect Revo or SHF level playability. If you like the character and don't mind the Advent Children costume, go for it. He comes with every single fucking sword from the movie.
>>
>>5705816
PAK has become too expensive for me to want to collect anymore. Couldn't care less about them anymore.
>>
>>5705816
There are more bootlegs out there than official figures
>>
PAKs not even once
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.