[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best power wheel for the price? My 2 year old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
What's the best power wheel for the price?
My 2 year old little girl has a need for speed.
>>
>>5705451
I've got the one pictured, was a gift so not sure of the price. A two year old wouldn't be able to reach the pedal easily, but great for slightly older kids, seats two easily. My older kids are 5 and 3 and love it.
>>
>>5705451
If she's not crippled, get her a fucking tricycle or big wheels so she gets some fucking exercise.
>>
>>5705573
But a power wheel is a chance to teach her to drive earlier than most. Then she might be less of a hazard on the road when she gets a license.
>>
>>5705573
I hate to agree with this guy, but ya, get her a big wheel or a trike. You won't have to worry about batteries or it ever breaking down. Also, giving her a power wheel isn't going to teach her how to drive. Kid's brains don't work like that.
>>
I had a power wheel and I never used it as a kid, I didn't like it for some reason. and now I live with constant regret for not making use of it more

probably drove it a total of 3 times
>>
>>5705451
She's two. Look at second-hand toy stores and garage sales. People are always unloading those things. Invest in some shin guards, too. My kid won't get two for a while yet, but she's test driven a third-hand jeep, and while she got the hang of the pedal immediately, the steel wheel still confounds her. Same with pedals. Kids that age can use push bikes, but pedaling is beyond a lot of them.
>>
True story: I knew a dude, not very bright, suburbanite transplant trailer trash, who had a daughter from a marriage and divorce to a similarly trashy slut.
He had weekend rights to the kid, and he bought her one of those shitty barbie escalade power wheels, with money he probably got from selling drugs, because he worked at a gas station and made shit.
But anyway, he bought the kid one mostly so he could show off to his ex when she came to pick up the kid, that gee he must be rolling in money to afford a $500 toy car, right?
Well the kid was like 5 years old and dumb as a sack of hammers even by 5 year old standards, so of course the first time he left her unsupervised she drove the thing out into the street and got totally destroyed by a passing car.
Of course the kid died, probably better off, frankly. Moral of the story is I guess kids are retarded. Or the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Whatever. Power wheels are rad AF.
>>
File: 1442187320980.jpg (36 KB, 304x411) Image search: [Google]
1442187320980.jpg
36 KB, 304x411
>>5705978
I'm sure your story is true.
>>
>>5705451
I am done collecting import toys. That power wheel is $199 with free shipping. That value is tremendous compared to my RAH, figma, and robot spirit toys. I am going to own so many power wheels!
>>
>>5705978
>>5706349
lol BTFO
>>
>>5706349
>no kid has ever been hit by a car playing in the street
lol, ok.
>>
>>5705978
>Moral of the story is I guess kids are retarded.
Spoken like someone with no kids.

Also, the story (that you probably fabricated) makes YOU sound like an asshole, not the guy who bought his daughter a toy.

Anyway, back to OP, I have a 2 year old and she's only just now starting to get interested in the power wheel my wife and I bought her for Christmas. At first she was afraid of it, but now she like to ride it along the sidewalk. Only issue is that she still doesn't grasp how to make it go in reverse, so she gets stuck CONSTANTLY, and I have to basically follow behind her at all times.

I personally think she's too young for it, but she definitely doesn't have the coordination to ride a trike by herself either. I'm guessing she'll get a little better at it next year when she's 3.
>>
>>5707041
I actually live across the street from an asshat who lets his kid play with a powered toy car in the middle of the street.

At 10 o'clock at night.
On school nights.
...right off a main highway.

And the only supervision is the asshat's other kid, who's a preteen girl who don't pay any attention to her brother at all.

It's only a matter of time before someone comes ripping around a corner and flattens the kid.
>>
>>5707413
night times are usually the best times to ride around on the streets though.
It's busy as fuck on most streets during the day
>>
>>5707543
On one hand there is indeed less traffic, but that fact is sadly something that leads to plenty of people thinking they can get away with speeding up more then they should, or even ignoring stop signs on corners if they don't see the lights of any other cars in the vicinity. I got nailed by a dude for that exact reason at night in the city, just ignored the stop sign in his rush to get wherever and didn't see me going across the crosswalk the only other soul in the area. Unless that car has a lot of lights on it, I doubt it will be seen by someone in a rush, heck even the lights may not be noticed by some folk.

>>5707413
And sadly if something happens to the kid, the preteen will be the one the most eaten up with guilt over it despite her being the one who should have been watching in the first place.
>>
>>5705573
Fucks that get her a gas powered minibike.

Go Home Improvement on that bitch and squeeze as much HP as you can out of it.
>>
>>5707588
>I got nailed by a dude
Fag
>>
File: 1347713902516.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1347713902516.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>5705978
>True story: I knew a dude who...
>>
>>5705978
News article or gtfo
>>
>>5705573

Seconding Big Wheel.

Big wheels are the best shit ever,
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.