[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>8-10 weeks Why do I get the feeling this preorder page is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: gbjr.jpg (283 KB, 931x658) Image search: [Google]
gbjr.jpg
283 KB, 931x658
>8-10 weeks

Why do I get the feeling this preorder page is full of shit? Oh maybe because it's GBJR/Shocker
>>
Regardless, you'll still be able to file a Paypal case if they end up screwing you over.

That said, when did these pre-orders open up? I thought Shocker Toys went defunct or something.
>>
It's through GBJR, the Shocker "successor", and I get the feeling these order pages went up in 2014-2015, before the "lost" the steel molds. Then they found them but the licensors wanted more money and they did a kickstarter then Geoff fled with the money.

How do people who do this avoid prosecution?
>>
File: 5310.jpg (87 KB, 900x413) Image search: [Google]
5310.jpg
87 KB, 900x413
Shocker toys still disappoints me, I really wish Marvel Toys survived and Legendary comic book heroes continues. Most of the things Shocker toys got their hands on where things I wanted LCBHs to get.
>>
>>5703644
one part of the problem though is that it's a niche market- it's mostly characters that haven't been relevant in over a decade. Most of the LCBH figures are nice, but that Witchblade is ugly as all hell. They may be lesser articulated but the MAC figures looked better. Actually, Shocker's females did look better than that. Pitt looks good but I have no attachment to the character(really he's Hulk meets Lobo and they never much tried to hide him being "inspired by" Hulk). Maybe that's the problem- it's appealing too hard to nostalgia. These brands also do the Neca/Funko practice of "get license, make 1 character". Shame the Mr. Gone figure never came out(though I believe samples did leak) or a Julie.

Shocker did a far better Maxx than McFarlane and did a decent Scud. For the most part, really, what Shocker did actually release wasn't bad, it's just they were run by a dirtbag criminal who didn't care. Maybe "be thankful" applies that they actually got stuff out at all.

Shit, I only want someone to make a decent Mask figure line, both comic and movie/cartoon. The old Kenner figures were ruined by gimmicks and Toy Island's toon line rode on his one-off costumes and gimmicks, I just want a standard Mask in yellow suit with no crap in the way. Only "good" one was made by Asmus and it was unlicensed 1:6. I actually browsed Mask stuff on eBay and the only close one is the Applause figurine.
>>
File: 1326767780039.jpg (46 KB, 451x392) Image search: [Google]
1326767780039.jpg
46 KB, 451x392
>mfw Geoff Beckett got served during his own SDCC panel back in '11
>>
>>5703718
Somebody defeated him in a hip hop dance competition?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.