[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: DSC_0276.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0276.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Ok guys. So, I took my thinker from the shelf, and when I tried to rotate his head, the joint broke. How bad did I fucked up? Is there a way to fix? Maybe buy another head? Pls help!
>>
>>5697311
Don't they sell spare figma style joints
>>
>>5697313
I dont know friend. The problem is that even if the joint is broken, how do I remove the piece inside the neck and the head?
>>
>>5697311
The joint is fucked beyond repair.
You'll need to heat up the neck piece (with boiling water or a hairdryer) and try to pry out the broken peg without damaging the surrounding area where the peg goes in.
Take out the other half of the joint from the head with some tweezers or something.

It's going to need a new joint. You can't buy 'another head' without getting any entirely new figure, the head isn't the thing that's broken.
>>
File: Tamiya_Portable__4d19a398ed29a.jpg (12 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Tamiya_Portable__4d19a398ed29a.jpg
12 KB, 400x300
>>5697316
How big is the peg? You could use a manual drill and pull it out like a wine cork.
>>
>>5697339
>>5697320
Ok guys, managed to remove the joint on the head. Now its the worst part: on the neck! Any tips?
>>
>>5697339
>>5697320
Ok guys. Manged to remove the piece on the head. Now its the worst part: the one inside the neck. Any tips?
>>
File: wizard-hamhands.jpg (238 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
wizard-hamhands.jpg
238 KB, 750x600
>>5697311
>when I tried to rotate his head, the joint broke
Sure. You probably "barely used any force at all." You fucking Hamhands are always the same. You use your tard strength without making sure the joint is positioned correctly, then you come here and cry about how careful you were and the poor little joint, made from gossamer and children's dreams, just crumbled at a mere thought.

You can tell just by looking at the pic that you forced the joint. That plastic is all torn up.

Fortunately you have a couple of alternatives.
1-buy another Thinker
2-buy a cheap figma from Mandarake and steal a joint from it
3-go to eBay and get some joints. They sell them in lots, starting at 10 joints and going up. They're randomly colored so you might get lucky.
4-go here. http://castingcave.ecrater.com/c/1695373/articulated-joints
5-go beg in the BST or the Customs threads and see if anybody can spare one for you.
>>
>>5697383
You can also order a pack of these. They work well on Figmas.
http://hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-TN19/Sup
>>
>>5697380
I already told you, heat it up with a hairdryer or boiling water, then try to pry out the broken piece while the plastic is all gummy from the heat.

Do it like >>5697339 said and pull it out like a cork.
>>
>>5697383
I never said it wasn't my fault anon. The thing is, like I said before, I just rotate the head and the joint broke. Never happened with me before, but thats okay. Thank you for the tips anyway.
>>
>>5697311
Your sausage fingers aren't meant for something like this. Stick to buying Hasbro junk, it's the best advice anyone will give you.
>>
File: hamhands-23552.jpg (394 KB, 639x996) Image search: [Google]
hamhands-23552.jpg
394 KB, 639x996
>>5697380
>Any tips?
Stop being a hamhanded faggot, Tor.
>>
>>5697394
Ok. Ill see if I find that tool...
>>
>>5697449
You could really use anything to pry it out as long as you're careful.
>>
>>5697383
Don't be such a fucking asshole
>>
>>5697459
>>5697394
>>5697339
>>5697320
Ok guys. Manage to remove it. Now its all clean. Now I'm looking for the joint. I'll try the link the other anon posted. Thank you!
>>
File: hugbox 1.jpg (82 KB, 945x768) Image search: [Google]
hugbox 1.jpg
82 KB, 945x768
>>5697462
Lick my taint, Pollyanna. This isn't your safespace.
Now go back to your hugbox.
>>
File: snapp jappy joints.jpg (29 KB, 621x315) Image search: [Google]
snapp jappy joints.jpg
29 KB, 621x315
>>5697396
>I never said it wasn't my fault anon.
I never said that you did.
But I can tell just by looking a the picture you posted that you didn't simply "try to turn the head".

You tried to tilt the head forward or back, but didn't have the joint angled correctly. It wouldn't move so you forced it, heavily, thus breaking the peg off. None of this "I barely touched it and Snap!" BS.
>>
>>5697816
AH I see. Now, Why would I lie about that here when everyone is anonymous? Im not saying that this brand or that brand is bad, I only said that I tried to spin the head and it broke the joint! I'm used to work with delicate things dude but it did broke.
>>
>>5697512
Love you the way you are. The asshole with a heart of gold.

You big softy.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
love the internet tough-guy bs that happens here.

I always picture this guy whenever anybody pulls it.
>>
>>5697838
>I only said that I tried to spin the head and it broke the joint!
But you didn't. You can look at the picture and see the break wasn't due to twisting. It was snapped off because you pushed it without having the joint aligned properly.
Why would you lie? I dunno, Massive insecurity, massive ego, hell maybe just because you're a habitual liar. It doesn't matter. you can't accept you fucked up, so you try to lessen your responsibility, even though nobody will ever have a clue as to who you are.
>>
File: 1378583494723.jpg (28 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1378583494723.jpg
28 KB, 520x678
>>5697992
god it's like you're getting mad FOR him.
jesus just chill the fuck out, no one died
>>
>>5697311
Really makes you think...
>>
>>5697957
You're on 4chan. If anything I wish there were more if it.
>>
i hope u can find a neat repair for it, op

as for know, just call it modern art or something like that c:
>>
>>5704705
Ahahahaha. That was funny. Just to end this threqd, GSC responded my email. They are going to send me a new neck and head
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.