[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get what NECA is doing here but I don't know if it lo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: turtles.jpg (179 KB, 1008x614) Image search: [Google]
turtles.jpg
179 KB, 1008x614
I get what NECA is doing here but I don't know if it looks so good in execution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu_Pf3bgkm4
>>
>>5691167
Good thing you're wrong then.
>>
>>5691167
i agree anon
the foot guys look alright but the paintjob just doesnt work with the turtles. i normally like necas video game stuff but these just cant pull it off
>>
>>5691167
>smooth sculpts
>pixel printing
Nope. Try again. Either make them ridiculous blocky fuckers or make the whole thing an idealized version of the sprites, don't half ass it like this. It's never once looked good.
>>
>>5691254

Actually it's looked good every time they've done it. Sorry you're such a little bitch.
>>
There's a fucking thread right there on the front page a few threads below you fucking retard. Double retard because you don't even have to use the catalog like a normal human bean would do anyway, but in this such a slow snail board it isn't even necessary.
>>
File: how_to_catalog.png (179 KB, 534x422) Image search: [Google]
how_to_catalog.png
179 KB, 534x422
>>5691167
>Herp a derp
>>
>>5691255
Show the ones you think looked good so the rest of the class can laugh at you. Don't be shy.
>>
>>5691254
or at the very goddamn least make the pixels smaller so the read better at a distance. I dont say this often but that shit is ugly
>>
>>5691167
Oh god this looks like shit.
Those soldiers don't even loon correct in anatomy-proportions.
And why the fuck you add "PIXELS XD" to a 3D-figure? It looks awful. like some hand-made "custom".
>>
>>5691255
>Actually it's looked good every time they've done it. Sorry you're such a little bitch.
Try to suck their dicks harded next time. The amount of orbiting faggotry in your post is just damn amazing.

These "pixel xD" cancer figures are godawful. Im sorry you are retarded neckbeard who would eat anything hip and "blocky".
Go play minecraft.
>>
>>5691270
For real... how dare there be more than 1 topic for something. For fuck sake people, we only have 10 pages, use your head next time and be considerate to the others around you.
>>
>>5691167
Sorry, but these look rad as fuck. I'm only disappointed that they're SDCC exclusives and I'll have to pay rape prices to get both sets.

I recently came across 300 bucks that I'll be putting towards a savings for these figures.

After scalping prices, how much do you think these box sets will go for? I'm assuming $400 for both?
>>
>>5691219
Right on time NECAnon appears to tell someone their opinion is wrong
>>
>>5691409
Right on time someone starts fingerpointing and saying someone is "memenameanon."
>>
File: 1300-Video-Game_Batman.jpg (231 KB, 1082x1300) Image search: [Google]
1300-Video-Game_Batman.jpg
231 KB, 1082x1300
>>5691255
I don't know about "every time". Some of them have come out really nice, but some of them could have been better. I am a bit confused as to why they keep switching between the pixel style and the flat shaded style, though. Frankly I think the flat shaded style looks nicer from all angles. It reminds me of that Mignola Batman statue that looks like a drawing, very nice and stylized. This Batman is probably my favorite NECA VG release.

That said, these turtles do look fantastic to me, at least from the angle shown on the pics. The full game effect really took me back when I first saw them. If I can get them under $200 I might bite.
>>
>>5691411
> acting like this isn't the go-to defense everyone it happens

Sure is NECA thread in here
>>
>>5691425
>Frankly I think the flat shaded style looks nicer from all angles. It reminds me of that Mignola Batman statue that looks like a drawing, very nice and stylized.

THIS. Batman, the dog Alien, Robocop, and the Terminators before this newest one are some of my favorite toys. This pixel shit is for the birds.
>>
>>5691448
Fuck you, the Pixel look is awesome looking, ass.
>>
>>5691425
>If I can get them under $200 I might bite.
They're selling them for 100 a pop at SDCC. Unless you only plan on buying one set (they're being sold as two different boxsets), and you get it at SDCC, I'm not sure how you're planning on getting them for under 200.
>>
>>5691539
I meant under $200 each. I lucked out getting another con exclusive, Botcon Megatron, for a decent price since I got it on the first day of the show. Hopefully I can do the same for the Turtle set, at least.

The most bro-tier thing for Neca to do would be to produce a large amount of these near equal to a regular production run, so that secondary market prices don't go up that much. but I doubt it, it probably isn't feasible,and if they don't sell out at the con it'd lead to stock they'd just have to eat on their end.
>>
>>5691579
Yea. What would really suck is if they released a retail boxset of these guys just without the pixel paint job.

...Is that even possible?
>>
>>5691586
only if they sold the molds to Playmates.

But Playmates would use 2 cents worth of paint on each one.
>>
>>5691597
>But Playmates would use 2 cents worth of paint on each one.
Take away the extra pixelation paint and they probably have about 2 cents worth of paint on them anyway.
>>
>>5691635
no, it's Neca, a company that insists on casting toys in some odd base color then painting every square inch of surface because "muh bare plastic is too ugly".
>>
>>5691647
I think he's implying that if NECA sold the molds to Playmates, they could do minimal paint aps on the figures and they'd still look decent because the design of the characters are so simple anyway.
>>
>>5691647
It's easy to tell you've never owned anything by NECA. Fucking retard.
>>
>>5691680
Actually I've owned several. Those Castlevania figures were 100% painted. Alucard's hair was made of fucking clear plastic. These days though, I couldn't give a fuck about 99% of the franchises they make anyway but their old practices never much changed, except that odd translucent skin stuff they do now which looks weird.

Yeah I guess that isn't painted technically, but it still looks shit.
>>
>>5691255
Dear god no it hasn't.
>>
>>5691708
not only does it look BAD, but it looks like an old metal object that turned to solid rust.
>>
>>5691708
Eat a cock, it works exactly as it's supposed to.
>>
>>5691708
There's a charm to it, but I think I would repaint him if I were to get him. Personally I've had zero inclination to buy the pixelized looks of anything. I'd go for Simon just because I want the character.
>>
>>5691717
Fucking awful?
>>
>>5691692

You really are a moron.
>>
>>5691724
I mean, if you're an inbred mutant, I'm sure you would think it looks bad.
>>
>>5691729
It looks like a rust covered mutant that's had the paint globbed on too hard. NECA won't love you more if you keep defending their ugly ass products on the internet, anon.
>>
>>5691734
And you being an aimless shithead won't get you through 7th grade anon.
>>
File: retard alert.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
retard alert.gif
480 KB, 493x342
Why is there always one or two mongs who sperg out whenever someone says they don't like the pixelated paintjobs?

OPINIONS you fucking autists, stop getting triggered by them.
>>
Jesus Christ is this why everyone complains about NECA generals? Is this autist in all of them?
>>
>>5691725
>I refuse to listen to facts!

Shut the fuck up, Jin.
>>
File: 1461986042007.jpg (57 KB, 619x587) Image search: [Google]
1461986042007.jpg
57 KB, 619x587
>>5691167
>let's release a new version of simon belmont, except make it retarded looking!
>>
>>5691742
Tell us then anon, why does this figure look good? Why is every criticism levied against it immediately wrong and untrue? Tell me why I'm an inbred mutant from the 7th grade for not liking this ugly ass figure, and make an argument that isn't just "BECAUSE IT LOOKS GOOD BECAUSE I SAID SO."
>>
>>5691717
I'd tell you to eat shit but you'd probably enjoy that
>>
File: no bait today.webm (304 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
no bait today.webm
304 KB, 1278x720
This happens in every Neca related thread no matter what.

>I think X figure looks bad, they should have done Y instead
>YOU'RE WRONG YOU FUCKING SHIT STOP BEING SO ENTITLED NECA WORKED REALLY HARD MAKING THESE FOR US AND I THINK THEY LOOK GOOD HOW DARE YOU NOT LOVE THEM UNCONDITIONALLY, REPORTED! HIDDEN! GO AWAY TROLL!

I swear it's the same guy every time.
>>
>>5691766
Jin believes that if he blows Neca hard enough, they will hire him.

The closest his ass will ever come to designing official toys is that time Takara stole his GDO Laserbeak repaint idea without asking him.
>>
>>5691755

Not him, but judging by how you people overreact and bitch about eeeeevery little thing, I'd have to guess that your opinions don't count for a whole lot.
>>
>>5691752

Fuck off subjectanon.
>>
>>5691167
i want that hammer
>>
File: simon_belmont_comparison.png (131 KB, 708x400) Image search: [Google]
simon_belmont_comparison.png
131 KB, 708x400
>>5691755
>why does this figure look good? Why is every criticism levied against it immediately wrong and untrue?
Not him, but your criticizing because it doesn't meet your expectation.
It's like you're eating cheese and wanting it to taste like cherry 7up.

The way the criticism is made, it just seems like you guys just want NECA to re-release the old figure.
So your criticism is pretty unfair. You're allowed to have an opinion that you don't like it, but it does look like it should.
>>
>>5692347
Motherfucker we've told you what we want. Not pixels, but flat coloring interpreting the pixelation. That's all. You know, like half of all of these video game releases. Consistency is what we want. That's it.
>>
>>5692367

The line isn't about consistency dude. They're applying different looks to different figures. Quit being a bitch about everything, Christ. You don't have to like it, but you could learn a little humility and keep your loudmouth shut for once.
>>
>>5692370
I posted only one other time in this thread. I made my point calmly and civilly about what I preferred. You're the one being obtuse and unable to grasp,or stand,people having different opinions.
>>
>>5692380

And you think everyone disagreeing with you is one person. You can't seem to handle anyone having different opinions either it seems.
>>
File: NES-Predator-NECA.png (373 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
NES-Predator-NECA.png
373 KB, 630x420
>>5692367
>Not pixels, but flat coloring interpreting the pixelation.
But they're doing the games spite's look for that figure.
When they do the flat shading, they're basing it on the logos and/or animatics.
Two different things.

So again, it's unfair criticism and missing the point.
>>
>>5692426

This.
>>
I think they look ok. I can understand why people wouldn't like them though. Guess it's just personal preference thing.
>>
>>5691454
>fuck you
>ass

how hard is it to tolerate other people's opinions? we're not tumblr.
>>
The contra figures look good, the batman is GOAT, the rest are pretty good, but god damn are the brown paint on the torsos ugly on these.
>>
>>5692440
You act as if you expect 4chan to be any different.
>>
>>5692444
to a certain extent, i do.
>>
>>5692440

And yet here you are, complaining about someone's opinion.
>>
>>5692474
???

no im not, he's entitled to think it's awesome. there's just no need to call the guy names & say fuck you just because he feels differently.
>>
>>5691167

Take away the backdrop and they suddenly look like shit.
>>
>>5692511
here's them with a white background and the awkward posing from a chinaman forcing them into the plastic

they still look amazing
>>
>>5692842
>Leo, Mikey, and Donnie looking elsewhere
>Raphael glaring straight at the photographer
>>
>>5692426
And the game Turtles had their regular colors anyway, so the flat color interpretation wouldn't have looked any different.
>>
>diagonal pixels

This is what's setting me the fuck off more than anything else.
>>
File: 14184596872690.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14184596872690.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>5692842
this don't look good as a sculpt.
neither as painting.
I don't understand how current thread anons eating this turd up without any complains.
When /toy/ turned them into funko pop-tier normies that eat up everything?
What the fuck?
>>
>>5694450

Cry some more.
>>
>>5694475
Look, the pixel thing would be fine, but pixels aren't diagonal. That's not how they work.
>>
>>5694475
>being this butthurt over somebody not having shit-taste
He didn't even destroyed your shitty photo like me >>5694474

He just simply said his humble opinion.
Aren't you a whiny little bitch that will droll over every shitty toy.
>>
>>5694478
>but pixels aren't diagonal. That's not how they work.
I don't think this product was focused on those who played that game or like pixels.
It was focused on GeekyxD hype just like that "Pixels" movie.
>>
>>5692887
That's turtles in time. Not turtles 2 the arcade game
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.