[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
street fighter figs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12
File: 1459533854724.gif (2 MB, 188x257) Image search: [Google]
1459533854724.gif
2 MB, 188x257
sup /toy/, /fit/ here. what are some brands that make decent SF figures? specifically of chun-li? she is one of the reasons i lift and my PAK figure of her of 5yrs is breaking apart. the legs come off from the socket and her left arm is broken off. even tho it still can go into the shoulder socket some cheap peg is what keeps it on place. square used to make good FF figures so i wonder what happen that their product is so cheap now.
>>
if your Play Arts come with the suffix "Kai"

it's eventually gonna crumble.

http://www.amazon.com/12-RAH-Real-Action-Heroes/dp/B001DF64X8
>>
There's a new company starting up Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter lines. They're doing SFV designs. So far they've only shown Ryu and M. Bison but Chun Li seems like probably the logical next figure if those sell well.
>>
>>5690562
Do you have a source on this news? Pics? This is the first I'm hearing of this.
>>
>>5690820
Storm collectibles. Look it up.
>>
>>5690820
>>
>>5690820
>>
>>5690324
>what are some brands that make decent SF figures
Currently, there are none. Anyone that tells you different is bullshitting you or doesn't actually own the figure they're talking about.

Out of all of SOTA's releases only 5 of them are still marginally worth owning, and none of those 5 are Chun-Li. Out of PAK's releases, zero are worth buying. Revoltech's SFO line was shit, the Neca ones were monstrous, and you probably don't want to spend $150 on glorified dolls so the Medicom RAH is no good either.
>>
>>5690324

Consider yourself lucky. My Pak Chunli's shoulder was broken in the box.

Unfortunately sculpt wise it's probably the best Chun Li action figure. Otherwise you're looking at the Real Action Hero doll, or some statues from Japan.

I'm not counting on the recently announced new SFV toyline. The company is new, there hasn't been much news, and Capcom royally fucked up the game launch. The hype's totally busted.
>>
>>5691005
ok Ill bite, what are those 5 sotas worth owning?
>>
Any good gief around?
>>
>>5691253
The same guy who started SOTA is in charge of PCS.
>>
>>5691262
Balrog, Blanka, Sagat, Bison, Guile. Zangief is almost worth getting, but the only impressive thing about it is the size. Same with T Hawk. Every female they made is awful, and every other male figure not listed is mediocre, bad, or straight up will crumble in your hands. Grand scheme of things, they were way ahead of their time and on average have aged pretty well strictly compared to other early-2000 figures, but there's no way you can put them next to figures made post-2010.
>>
File: pak quality.png (857 KB, 730x682) Image search: [Google]
pak quality.png
857 KB, 730x682
OP here

>my PAK quality

>>5691253

mine broke when i took it out the box. i was moving the shoulder and the peg that holds it broke. they did't use a ball joint like they did with their other stuff
>>
>>5690324
I like how 20 years ago, people ridiculed DOA for its inaccurate boob physics. And here we are today...
>>
>>5691669
People ridiculed that too, and it was changed. Supposedly it was a bug and not intended in the first place.
>>
>>5690869
>that bulge
>>
>>5691005
>glorified dolls
What is with the 1/6 hate?
>>
File: this will be bad.jpg (32 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
this will be bad.jpg
32 KB, 493x342
>>5691005
>Out of all of SOTA's releases only 5 of them are still marginally worth owning
>>
File: cammy04.jpg (32 KB, 250x494) Image search: [Google]
cammy04.jpg
32 KB, 250x494
>>5692345
>this dipshit actually thinks pic looks good
We found subjectanon, folks.
>>
>>5691469

OP, if you're not too terribly obsessed with a toy being an action figure and you just want something of your waifu that looks good that you can admire, I'll go with getting either the new 1/6 figures of her or even a Statue. They'll last longer.
>>
>>5692358
Newfag, when it's subjectshiteater you'll really know when it's subjectshiteater. The guy is far too autistic to write a single sentence and be done with it, if it were him then it'd be two paragraphs at the least.

Calling out the wrong people only strokes his ego more, don't jump the gun so quickly.
>>
File: H.Kick.jpg (299 KB, 1310x2233) Image search: [Google]
H.Kick.jpg
299 KB, 1310x2233
>>5690324
I'd say go for the Real Action Heroes if you got the cash since you have the option of the slimmer SF3 design on the old version or the thicker SF4 style for the newer one. It is pretty much just a doll, but the only restrictions on movement are the clothes.

The only other thing I could recomment is the Bishoujo statue since it looks pretty nice with all the leg musculature and it still isn't too expensive for how long it's been out.

Also
>Square used to make good ff stuff
>what happen
Kotobukiya did most of the original Play Arts. I assume whoever the fuck does the Kai line is clinically insane.
>>
>>5691469
Happened to my copy too, good thing I bought it locally so I was able to swap it to a good one. Didn't bother collecting the others and only have Ryu. Too bad the face sculpts for the females looks good.

figma/S.H. Figuarts/Sentinel when?
>>
>buying anything Crapcom

I'm surprised they don't make you pay an extra fee just to get the figures' heads in a separate package or something.

>fucking selling the rest of story mode as DLC, fuck this company
>>
your best option is NECA and only neca
>>
File: angryface.gif (2 MB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
angryface.gif
2 MB, 500x405
>>5692554
>Bishoujo statue

just looked it up and she looks nice along with the other girls too

>>5692567
i gave up on PAK after chun-li and i see their product gets more expensive and shitter

>>5692593
>mfw
gross

>>5692415
you're right i suppose i should give statues a try, thanks bruh
>>
>>5692500
>if it were him
>him
Yeah, because you're just jumping in to defend a random stranger, huh? Go samefag elsewhere, buddy.
>>
>>5692567
Play arts kai chunner always looked to me like she either has severely burned legs or had a lower body transplant with an Indian.
>>
>>5692847
Is being doxxed even a thing anymore? People pretty much voluntarily reveal every private aspect of their lives online these days.
>>
>>5692683
>because you're just jumping in to defend a random stranger
Do you seriously think that doesn't happen? Kek, how new are you?
>>
>>5692862
Subjectanon, isn't there a Star Wars thread for you to shit up somewhere?
>>
>>5692863
I'm sure if there is you'll be right there feeding him.
>>
>>5692855
No one was doxxed
It's just some troll trying to get anyone to do shit to some unrelated person he has a grudge against.
>>
File: gouki and gouku.jpg (95 KB, 568x426) Image search: [Google]
gouki and gouku.jpg
95 KB, 568x426
>>5691318
i don't know, akuma is good/decent too imo, the only bad thing i think he has is that he can't do the hadouken, or any crossed arms poses (the same problem with bison, infact) and the beads are conected with a shitty string whose knot could get loose
did the other big boxed releases fix the shoulder joints? or it was the same figure but with the chest exposed?
>>
>>5691318
Birdie has a great sculpt, and well engineered articulation...
Problem is his joints are too loose for him to make use of it in any real poses.
>>
File: IMG_1620.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1620.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>5691469

Ouch. Here's mine. I had to create a new shoulder assembly from gunpla sprues and stuff.

Sakura was pretty decent. They fixed the peanut knees and mine didn't break.
>>
>>5692855
posting their info online at random is almost pointless.

Real doxxing these days is sending an email to Anita Sarkeesian and telling her the person supports Gamerhate.
>>
>>5692291
You just quoted it.
>>
>>5692963
>did the other big boxed releases fix the shoulder joints? or it was the same figure but with the chest exposed?
Aside from Gokuen, the other SOTA gi-wearing figures utilize a different smaller set of shoulders/chest (not certain about Dan, though, as he is inexplicably larger than Ryu & Ken) but they still have the same general issue. Butterfly joints would have probably done wonders.
>>
>>5692683
Dude what is wrong with you? Fucking tryhard.
>>
>>5698999
>he bumps his own abandoned thread 3 days after the last post
>>
>>5699014
You are an idiot to think every anon that comments here is the same person.
>>
>>5703774
>he bumps his own abandoned thread 2 days after the last post
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.