[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Articulated Icons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14
File: Shinobi-2.png (204 KB, 849x849) Image search: [Google]
Shinobi-2.png
204 KB, 849x849
So I ordered myself one of these fwoosh ninjas.. Anyone else pre-order one? How long do you think before they start shipping? What are your thoughts on them?
>>
They probably won't be shipping til about July or September at the latest.

That being said, good 1/12 ninjas are long overdue and I am very excited.
>>
>>5683264
They said they're feeling good about them being ready by the summer. They also seem confident with the quality. I'm really excited for these. Between these and Mythic Legions and the Beasts of the Mesozoic and some of the others, there are a lot of really nice Kickstarter figures.
>>
>>5683264
This was the only one I ordered as well, cause I like blue more than black/red/white. Plus that exclusive head with the hair. Hope these come out good. I really wish they would've put butterfly joints on the shoulders, would've helped immensely with sword poses. Also, the way they did the torso articulation was a very odd choice.
>>
Im excited for the samurais personally. They look legit.
>>
I got a few, I'm excited for them and I hope they are great, I forgot to get the bare arms some I'm disappointed there, hopefully I'll get a chance to get them down the line.
>>
>>5683581
It would have been nice, though I'm pretty sure because of the way the arms jut out a bit they're able to bend their arms inwardly a bit more than say an ML could.
>>
>>5683586
The articulation looks horribly restricted on those. They should've put hinges on all the armor around the waist and separate the torso armor into two pieces.
>>
>>5683264
I preordered some, just in time for Ni-Oh game and some YOOOOOOOO
>>
>>5683264
Been looking for this figure to pre-order.

>Link please
>>
>>5683595
Yeah, hopefully the armor part folds up or something. Either way, better than the alternative which is literally nothing.
>>
>>5683612
There are literally two giant links on their front page, you blind fuck
>>
>>5683612
Gunna need a time machine, preorders closed some months ago and the kickstarter last year.

>>5683600
Super excited for Ni-Oh, if only there was a blond haired option.
>>
>>5683621
>preorders closed some months ago

Im pretty sure theyre still up...
>>
>>5683264
>no ab crunch

Can they do pic related classic ninja pose?
>>
>>5683643
Forgot pic
>>
>>5683632
Yep, still plenty of stuff available.
>>
>>5683632
Oh, I guess they are. I mistook them shutting down order edits a few months ago with regular preorders too.

>>5683643
Definitely, Smokey Ninja especially
>>
>>5683647
>LINK
>>
>>5683643
There is an ab crunch, it's just done differently.

https://www.instagram.com/p/8BccU5Ird6/
>>
>>5683649
Fuck you, no. Go to the fucking website yourself and find it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-20-20-33-04-1.png (528 KB, 1080x1008) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-20-20-33-04-1.png
528 KB, 1080x1008
>>5683645
I'm sure you can, the articulation is pretty good looking on these.
>>
>>5683645
It's exceptionally rare for an action figure to be able to touch its thigh to its chest like that.
>>5683665
Kek, not even close
>>
>>5683670
It's certainly better than what most figures can do.
>>
>>5683674
I'd say the average ML could pull off that pose, not that difficult.
>>
>>5683683
You'd be surprised that many can't, hell I think the only one that can without some camera tricks are the ones using the spider-man bodies and even then they look weird.
>>
File: 2016-05-21 02.00.28.jpg (513 KB, 2446x1328) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-21 02.00.28.jpg
513 KB, 2446x1328
>>5684048
>>
>>5683264
Am I the only one thinking of getting this and making him my classic Ryu Hyabusha?
>>
>>5684396
Since the inception of the line people were thinking of mixing parts to make certain characters. Ryu, Strider, etc.
>>
File: Ninja_shadow_of_darkness_cover.jpg (24 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_shadow_of_darkness_cover.jpg
24 KB, 472x472
>>5684396
Nah son, I'm getting him to make this.
>>
>>5684075
The only one thats close is Venom, DD and Spidey look weird as shit.
>>
>>5685239
If I spent some more time on the poses, they would probably look better, but my point was that the articulation on the ninjas isn't anything special. If anything, they're slightly above average at best.
>>
>>5685262
They can also do a full split, not many of any ML can do that.
>>
>>5685290
That would fall into the "slightly above" part, but you're right. And it's sad that that is seen as impressive, as it should be s standard in all action figures, but what can you do.
>>
File: ninja4444.jpg (66 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
ninja4444.jpg
66 KB, 736x552
The only reason I went with the blue ninja is because he comes with that Tenchu style head sculpt.. If I like the actual figure I'll probably get a couple black ones.. Do you guys think they'll still be available?
>>
>>5685293
Eww, that much movement means they're going to have huge and ugly joint holes in the top of those thighs.
>>
>>5685683
>I can't believe i have to see JOINTS on and ACTIOn FIGURE
>>
>>5685683
If you've been following the kickstarter and have been getting updates you'd know that they were trying to minimize that. So there will be holes, but not as noticeable as before
>>
>>5683264
what the fuck is this? Ryu and Styder?
>>
Looks cool.
>>
>>5683595
The armor probably comes off though so its not a big deal. Protip: Armor is restrictive irl.
>>
i love ninjas. cant wait to see if these guys live up to the hype.
>>
>>5686724
How can they not be amazing???
>>
>>5686735

...in all the normal ways that action figures end up being shit all the time lol

sloppy paint, shitty plastic, breaks easily, poor tolerances or fit of the parts, shitty molding with soft details, less paint apps than the prototypes, stuck joints, all kinds of things

I'm not saying that's what I expect, hopefully they'll be fine, but it's a new company so there's no reason to feel certain they'll be good cause we have no idea what factory they're using and how hard they might try to cut corners
>>
>>5686780
Well from what we've seen, they're looking good. The company is obviously trying to make a good first impression by being as thorough as they are with the actual molds and pieces along with how they're trying to maximize articulation while minimizing sculpt loss.

That and the figures already look super detailed but as in the last thread they've already changed the Paint-app for Solitaire's mask. I'm confident they'll be at least up to ML standards.
>>
>>5686780
This is why I only ordered one. I noticed people on their forums buying packs of 3 or more.
>>
>>5687590
Lots of people went all in or more. They run an action figure website and understand QC problems and what we're expecting as well as what they want to deliver. They said things have been going well and that the factory has been doing great so far. I trust that we'll get some really nice figures when they finally arrive.
>>
>>5687620
And also they've said if we get bunk figures, as in broken pieces/limbs they'll replace them.
>>
File: ninjatotal.png (71 KB, 629x762) Image search: [Google]
ninjatotal.png
71 KB, 629x762
I ordered all these and the fucking wait is killing me, I can't wait to fill the top of a small display case with them only.
>>
So these clearly are not shipping this month, but could they see release by August?
>>
>>5691040
Do you have to pay up front or when they ship?
>>
File: 2016-05-24 22.05.28.jpg (156 KB, 736x1155) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-24 22.05.28.jpg
156 KB, 736x1155
>>5692677
For addon stuff you had to pay immediately

>>5691040
You're telling me, pic related + Blue Ninja + 2 Clear
>>
>>5692665
Ya, they said they're quite confident we'll see them in the summer. We'll have to see how it goes. If so, that was a pretty incredibly quick turnaround time for these compared to the norm.
>>
I got white ninja deluxe, arms set, and a soltaire for my snake eyes×storm shadow set up.
>>
>>5692726
I basically went all in and capped at 550 to get the bonus Solitaire and Temple Guardian. 2 basic red, 1 of everything else but those 2 free ones and 3 arm packs. Don't think I'll need all of them but oh well. Wanted at least one but had $20 to spare. Originally I could only afford one but with the discounts they added in the backer kit I managed to get away with 3.
>>
>>5692731
well it was my first kick starter and I only really wanted those ones so that's what I got, I'm sure there will a chance at other figures at some point if I really want to get more.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.