[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does anyone else throw out the plastic shell of the packaging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: dbz1_zps80c8ee02.jpg-original.jpg (595 KB, 1000x881) Image search: [Google]
dbz1_zps80c8ee02.jpg-original.jpg
595 KB, 1000x881
So does anyone else throw out the plastic shell of the packaging while flattening the boxes they like and keeping them for storage?

Do you worry about the resale value of the toy, or do you know that people don't mind the figure been loose if you can supply the original box art and all the accessories without loss or damage through shipping?

I throw all the plastic out myself but it does feel weird doing it even if i have no intention of selling the figure on.
>>
>or do you know that people don't mind the figure been loose if you can supply the original box art

You can't know something that is false...

Try selling one of the figures in the OP image without a clam shell. Not sure how much you may get, but since half of those figures go for like a fucking 1000 dollars, you'll be missing out on at least hundreds of dollars for sure.

I'd personally prefer to keep my clam shells.
>>
>>5682650

None of those figures go for that much money, aside from the SDCC Goku. And he seems to be dropping in price.

The rest of them sell for around $100~$200. And that's even brand new.
>>
I never resell so I throw all packaging away, but if you were thinking of reselling you'd be best to hold on to the shell otherwise you might as well sell it as a loose figure.
>>
>>5682657
True true, but anyways my point was basically this >>5682666
>>
>>5682626
hell no, the box itself is another collection item, I know a store here in my city that actually buys you the box of the figma or figuart once you've paid for it, the usually pay 8-13 bucks for them depending of the figure.
>>
>>5682626
Anything over $30 or a rare mass fig, I keep the plastic innards of the box. Anything else I just flatten the box and any inserts and throw out the plastic holder. For card figs I alway cut the bubble right above where it's glued to the artwork. I keep the inserts for them as well.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.