[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel Legends and advice for newfag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_0436.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0436.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'm new here at /toy/ and I've started collecting Marvel Legends action figures for fun. Show me your collection of Marvel Legends or any other is fine.

Also post what would you recommend to a newbie like me on collecting toys like these, I'd be much appreciated.
Pic related to the first one i bought today (Last one at Walgreens, felt pretty lucky to find it)
>>
>>5681251
Quit while you are ahead. This is just one giant slippery slope covered in oil and WD-40 that you might not get back up from.

With that being said, you could start looking into buying things online. I had an old collection of Marvel Legends from lots that I bought up on eBay, until I moved over to Figuarts for some of the newer stuff.
>>
>>5681251
Ignore anyone who says to buy Toy Biz releases other than BAFs. There are maybe 6 of them that are worth buying these days. Also don't buy any Hasbro releases prior to the Terrax BAF wave.
>>
>>5681261
Don't worry, I'm feeling determined to this stuff, plus I have a good job that gives enough for me to spend on things like this
>>
>>5681266

>6 of them
Which one
>>
>>5681266
I still think we'll never get a better first appearance Iron Man than ToyBiz's
Mostly because it'd require too much new tooling with zero reuse possibility. It's still floppy as hell like most ToyBiz figures, though. They did not age well in that aspect since most of my ToyBiz Legends can hardly stand on their own without flopping over.

I'd also say Hobgoblin and Green Goblin would never get better figures but the upcoming Hobgoblin has disproved that.
>>
>>5681297
Wave 4 Beast, FO Hulk, FO Modular Iron Man, Abomination, wave 8 Doc Ock, and the Howard the Duck pack-in
>>
>>5681251
>Last one at Walgreens, felt pretty lucky to find it
You're lucky your Walgreens is out of them. Mine still has like ten that will warm the pegs for years to come.
>>
File: DSC_2470.jpg (117 KB, 663x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2470.jpg
117 KB, 663x1000
>>5681251
Comic Starlord is pretty cool
>>
File: DSC_2574.jpg (91 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2574.jpg
91 KB, 1000x663
>>5681251
spidey 2099 is probably one of my fave
>>
>>5681505
>>5681251

Both shots look really cool especially the Starlord one
>>
>>5681505
That shot looks really cool,
>>
File: 1460467726437.jpg (43 KB, 409x419) Image search: [Google]
1460467726437.jpg
43 KB, 409x419
>>5681251
The new waves are great with some stinkers thrown in for good measure.

You're going to feel pain when you see that ML character that you want but its long gone and really expensive on the aftermarket (cough cable cough).

I would suggest going to marvellegends.net and going through the waves, finding the ones you want and trying to find deals on ebay or amazon.

Also crying when you see the prices on some of these.

Take into consideration that while the old ones may be sealed and new they may still be floppy because of some QC issues (im looking at you nightcrawler).

Also, dont buy multiple versions of one character, some have appeared in different waves before and quite frankly, suck compared to the new ones. (Clear example, daredevil)

So yeah, happy hunting and good luck.

My favorite right now is the Entertainment Earth Starlord, i like the brown boots and belt.

Also, its a great time to be a spider-man fan; we're getting all of the costumes these couple of years.
>>
>>5681297
The ToyBiz Spiderman Classics Sandman is better than any Hasbro ML ever made
>>
>>5682050
Thanks for the tip, I am really looking forward into collecting the Spider-man set, the paint job on some of the alternate costume figures look really great, the aesthetics and the design really appeal to me the most
>>
>>5681297
YMMV, but as exclusively Spidey fan here are some of the top Toybiz:
- Vulture
- Comic Green Goblin
- Hobgoblin
- Scorpion
- Dr. Ock
- Lizard

All of them are classic Spidey rogue gallery staples and unavailable in Hasbro's line
>>
File: IMG_Venom.jpg (844 KB, 3600x2659) Image search: [Google]
IMG_Venom.jpg
844 KB, 3600x2659
So far Venom is my favorite among the new arrivals..
>>
>>5681339
Brown Wolverine too.
>>
>>5683242
Your standards must be pretty low if you think thats a good figure
>>
>>5683259
It's too ancient looking (hips, hands), and the various better updated components of the newer (but crappier costumed) Wolverines highlight that fact (even though they have shared parts still). So it's like it has been replaced in everything but color, and if/when the rumored upcoming yellow stripe Wolverine comes out it's not going to be worth shit.

So no, it's not worth buying.
>>
File: IMG_5041-1.jpg (1 MB, 2250x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5041-1.jpg
1 MB, 2250x3000
>>5683204
We're getting a new Hobgoblin soon which looks about as good as the ToyBiz one, even if his glider is small. I'm sure it'll be repainted as Green Goblin down the line too(along with every other Goblin you can imagine I'm sure.) At least he won't have the gigantism that the ToyBiz one is seemingly inflicted with.

Also you forgot Sandman, which is expensive as all hell but not as much as Lizard and Vulture.
>>
>>5685905
Who's that standing behind him?
>>
>>5685924
Dormmamu senpai
>>
>>5683242
I swear, when I saw him online, I hated him. That fucking body buck is old as shit. But when I saw him on the shelf, I picked him up anyway thinking, fucking it, I'll return him if he sucks. But God dammit I can't put him down. Solid fig, one of my favorites.
>>
File: IMG_5025.jpg (1 MB, 2250x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5025.jpg
1 MB, 2250x3000
>>5685924
It's Dormammu.
The BAF for the 2016 Doctor Strange wave.
>>
>>5685942
>>5685936
Sweet. One step closer to finishing my Superior Foes collection.
>>
File: LegendsCollection.png (637 KB, 880x392) Image search: [Google]
LegendsCollection.png
637 KB, 880x392
>>5681251
I'd say only buy the ones you want and don't fall into completing the whole wave (unless you want them all). For me, I just focus on Spider-Man characters and buy other heroes and villains I like.

For buying, I would not buy anything for more than MSRP (unless it's an older figure and you can't find it anywhere in stores). New releases scalper territory for a month or so with people selling them at $30 even $40, but they will slowly come to store shelves where they'll be $20. It's a patience game. Sometimes they'll go on sale for $15 or $10 too. Check Walgreens, Walmart, ToysRUs, and Target. Usually comic stores sell them for higher.

Here's my collection, with a few not shown on display. Pretty excited for the next Spider-Man wave.
>>
>>5685955
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of collecting the waves but felt that it would be too much so I'll go for what appeals to me the most.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.