[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about some less conventional toys? Ie not figures,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
Can we talk about some less conventional toys? Ie not figures, but stuff like these:

These are...well they go under a number of names (zen magnets, bucky balls) but they're basically small neodymium magnet spheres. I like them a lot. I've had a fist sized collection of them for years and I still pull them out to kill time.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>5680253
Unfortunately they're apparently in a legal battle because some shit kids ate them and died or something. Finding more of them is a challenge.
>>
File: CRwuEbeW0AAb0Re.jpg (59 KB, 600x618) Image search: [Google]
CRwuEbeW0AAb0Re.jpg
59 KB, 600x618
I've also got something called a "Snaak" in the mail. It looks like a similar fun thing for idly messing around.
>>
>>5680256

This better not be another retarded American child. We can't even get Kinder eggs here in the US because mouthbreathers don't watch their fucking inbred crotch spawn and some little turd natural selection'd himself with one.
>>
>>5680265
I have no idea how someone could choke on a kinder egg. Those capsules are massive and obvious; you have to either be attempting suicide or just such a fat shit that you inhale the entire egg without chewing.

I wish I had bought more because now they only offer ones that are either stupidly tiny, or ones that you have to buy from some other country with iffy construction.
>>
>>5680256
>>5680265
Sure is 2012 in here,

Becky balls lost their fight ages ago, I think they can still sell themselves as adult things, but there much much harder to get ahold of now.

Kinder eggs and such meanwhile are showing up all over America after finding the loophole of making sure the interior pod showed through the chocolate.

And no. No kid ever died on a kinder egg. They fall under a blanket ban that says simply that you can't put non-edibles inside edibles.
>>
>>5680278
1. Zen magnets, the other big manufacturer was still fighting and now won their legal battle. But they were forced to change the strength and size of the magnet beads to comply with new regulations.

2. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/kinder-egg-toy-death-france-three-year-old-french-girl-chokes-a6822626.html
Technically choked on the toy, not the capsule, but there you go.
>>
>>5680265

Kinder eggs were banned by a law passed in 1938, not because someone choked on one.
>>
>>5680295
I think he means that the rationale for the law is that a kid could choke on one. There's not really any other good reason.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1f_aohaTT0

Snaak's launch video is catchy.

I wonder if the creator's real name actually has "Cube" in it or if he's just some kind of autist who changed his name to help sell the product.
>>
>>5680293
They're talking about why they're banned in the US buddy boy
>>
>>5680329
>>5680310
>>
>>5680295
>>5680310

think about this- laws are hard to repeal. if they can't even fucking undo a useless and simple law like this over some candy eggs, think of how bad it'll be to ever get rid of TPP if that goes into effect, because that's going to be littered with hooks making it harder to repeal than most laws.
>>
>>5680310
It had to do with companies trying to cut costs back in the depression days. They would use sawdust and other inedible substances to cut the food to save a few pennies
>>
>>5680347
fair enough I suppose. But it seems the sort of thing that we could just stick a little exception in for.
>>
>>5680310
I thought that the rationale was that you can't have something non-edible that large inside food. Which is why other companies skirt around this by leaving a small opening in the chocolate shell around the capsule, thus making it no count as being entirely "inside". There's been a few kinder egg imitators here in the last few years.
>>
>>5680278
well they make chocolate capsule thing where the capsule is outside the chocolate in a box.
>>
>>5680253
>>5680256
>>5680258
What would you call these things? I want to find more like them.
>>
>>5680352
its the exact opposite,

You cant have small non-edibles inside food or people will choke and die.

Large things like kinder capsules just get caught up in the blanket ban

>>5680420
>what do you call these things?
>entire thread refers to them by BRAND NAMES.
>>
>>5680452
No, I mean what would you call this kind of toy? The snaak thing and the magnets? This "genre" of toy?
>>
Buckyballs were banned because kids are them thinking they were candy. Seriously what stupid fucking kid do you have that thinks a silver ball is candy.
>>
>>5680540

I don't know man neodymium magnets are actually pretty dangerouse if swallowed. They are strong enough that if you swallow two they can pinch together sections of your intestions and kill you. I know a woman whoes dog swallowed 3 and died from it. Really sad.
>>
>>5680265
Yeah it was an American kid who got them banned
The kid ate a few magnets then ate a couple more after. They got into his small intestine and the magnets stuck and ripped a hole through his small intestine causing internal bleeding. Soccer mom went ape shit because she didn't watch her kid and she gave her kids a toy clearly she shouldn't have given her kid. She sued the company and Buckyballs was left with little to no money so they were left in the shitter. Lots of US laws passed that made them harder to find.
>>
>>5680253

Used to work at a store that sold these until they got banned.

Some government inspector literally came to the store to hassle us and make sure we didn't have any left.
>>
>>5680629
It's fucking retarded too because they say all over them not to give them to people under 14, because they can be seriously dangerous.

I hate parents who want the government to do their work for them.
>>
>>5680540
A couple of months ago I had a cupcake with small chocolate balls on top that looked like metal. After that, I could believe it.
>>
My brother loves these things.
>>
>>5680265

You can get Kinder eggs in the United states... you just have to fucking look. Most big chains won't carry them because they comply with us laws. Smaller ones will carry them sometimes.
>>
>>5680457
Magnet sets maybe?
>>
>>5680265
Americans can do anything.
>>
>>5680258
>Snaak
that's just asking to be swallowed by a child
>>
>>5690246
It would be really hard to do that though. OP here, I got them today. They're 64 plastic pieces on a springy cord; so you'd have to eat the entire chuck in one go, which would be pretty hard, all things considered.
>>
>>5680256
They solved it around these parts by adding choking hazard labels and NOT marketing towards brats.
>>
File: 01.jpg (46 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
46 KB, 500x334
I figured this would be the thread to ask this. (first time on /toy/)
Anyone here playing with yoyo's?
>>
>>5680256

Because it's guaranteed sepsis.
>>
File: ban-plastic-knives1.jpg (54 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
ban-plastic-knives1.jpg
54 KB, 500x667
>>5680265

It's all relative, anon.
>>
>>5690742
>Australia
Why am I not surprised?
>>
Basically if a kid swallows two bucky balls it's an automatic death sentence as soon as they reach the lower intestine. Crazy shit.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.