[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently sold off a large chunk of my cute anime girl collection,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: ennui.jpg (139 KB, 1280x1048) Image search: [Google]
ennui.jpg
139 KB, 1280x1048
Recently sold off a large chunk of my cute anime girl collection, leaving me with a little bit in the "I'm going to spend this on toys because I don't have my Paypal hooked to my bank account" fund.

Problem is I can't find anything that's hitting me in just the right spot. There's only one thing I want to get on preorder, which is a gunpla kit.

I've gotten to a point where I don't know if I want to get more into things from lines that I already enjoy, since I don't want to feel that colelctor's obligation of "need to finish out the line". I think I want things that I don't know about, which makes it pretty hard to shop for them. I also don't want to just go wild on impulse buys, that's just going to make me feel like I wasted that money sooner or later.

tl;dr have some of toy money and nothing's looking nice what do
>>
>>5676408
You could try expanding your taste in media until you find something you want a figure of. Or are you asking for direct recommendations?
>>
>>5676414
Either or, senpai. I'm not picky.

I'm big into robots, superpowers, and all that Saturday morning shounen shit that was on the air when I was developing taste in media.
>>
>>5676408

Get the FA - 78 Full Armor Gundam, it makes my dick rock as a stone, so beautifil once finished.
>>
>>5676408
>I'm big into robots, superpowers, and all that Saturday morning shounen shit that was on the air when I was developing taste in media.
Get some Machine Robos and the Ninja Slayer figmas.
>>
File: IMG_20160517_234629_691.jpg (200 KB, 606x1078) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160517_234629_691.jpg
200 KB, 606x1078
>>5676433
>pic related
Have you read any of the manga? There are some beautiful splash pages in it.

>>5676437
>Machine Robo
Not even sure what those are.
>Ninja Slayer
Ironically that's the one no-budget Trigger series I haven't watched yet.
>>
File: BUToys casshan.jpg (91 KB, 650x460) Image search: [Google]
BUToys casshan.jpg
91 KB, 650x460
>>5676420
If you're into robots and saturday morning cartoons you might like Casshan, it's an old Tatsunoko series about a super powerful cyborg fighting an evil army of robots. There's some new line making him and his robot dog Friender as their first entry.
http://www.angolz.com/store/casshern-friender-action-in-metal-diecast-figure-casshern-sins.html
>>
>>5676448
>Ironically that's the one no-budget Trigger series I haven't watched yet.
Read the manga. Any of them, there's like three.
>>
File: mrseaglerobo1.jpg (87 KB, 550x839) Image search: [Google]
mrseaglerobo1.jpg
87 KB, 550x839
>>5676448
Machine Robo is the name used for Gobots in Japan before they were localized.
The first wave of a new masterpiece-like line is in pre-order and they look great.
>>
>>5676458
I thought Machine Robo was that rewritten dub anime made of the Super Dimensional series?
>>
File: IMG_20160517_235526_883.jpg (156 KB, 606x1078) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160517_235526_883.jpg
156 KB, 606x1078
>>5676437
Did some research; turns out I have one already.
>>
>>5676456
Nah senpai, I watched Cassern Sins and I couldn't stand all the nihilistic whining and such. Gonna take a pass on that. Wasn't "Friender is your life" a meme a while back?
>>
>>5676448

Only watched the anime and got blown away, gonna read the manga right now!

This model alongside Sandrock, Tequila Gundam and Talgesse II are my top gundams of all time.
>>
>>5676465
>Casshern Sins
The original and the OVA are nothing like Sins.
>>
>>5676467
Pro-tip, the pick-up point for people coming off of the OVA is Chapter 29.
>>
>>5676457
I only found a single chapter of Ninja Slayer Setsu. Is the anime really that bad? I enjoyed Inferno Cop's level of trash.

>>5676467
Two Wings and a G. Someone grew up with Toonami.

>>5676469
I certainly hope so. That shit was 2bleak4me.
>>
>>5676478
>Is the anime really that bad?
I got to the middle because procrastination eats your time away, but I can say unironically that it's pretty good.
It's like an over the top adventure anime with some interesting but unintrusive lore, cool characters and monsters of the week, and some really emotional scenes.

At least that's what I got. I'm sure Darkninja jobbed like a fag a second time afterwards.
>>
>>5676478

Damn, we got a Sherlock over here, but yeah, my childhood was basically Gundam Wing and i just dig the Tequila design because its cheesy as fuck and im mexican. Its better to have a Gundam with a sombrero than not having gundams at all.
>>
>>5676489
26 half-length episodes? I can bang that out in a day. Thanks for the rec, boi.
>>
>>5676489
>follow-up
fuck that noise i'm not paying $65 for a figma. I'm still gonna watch the show but I really doubt it's gonna change my mind on that one.

>>5676492
Hey, nothing wrong with that. Practically everyone grew up with dub stuff. Just be happy you didn't grow up with 4kids One Piece like I did. Sorry to hear that your best suit is severely lacking in the merch department, that's tragic.
>>
>>5676478
>I certainly hope so
Yeah, the MC is completely different and it's about humanity at war instead of randomly wandering around.
>>
>>5676501
That doesn't sound any less bleak, anon.
>>
>>5676502
Well yeah, but it's a different kind of bleak.
>>
>>5676509
Senpai I don't like bleakness.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.