[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine if we got figuarts quality figures for game of thrones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 20140312-153558.jpg (804 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
20140312-153558.jpg
804 KB, 1536x2048
Imagine if we got figuarts quality figures for game of thrones characters. The figures that they released are asshole and even when they were dirt cheap I still couldn't be tempted to buy them.
>>
>>5668123
/tv/ please leave.
>>
>>5668123
I like Game of Thrones but I can admit it's not interesting enough to warrant its own high end figure line.

Can you honestly say people would be willing to pay $50 for S.H.Figuarts Arya Stark? Don't be silly.

The majority of GoT fans are happy with Funko shit.
>>
Moral of the story:
Don't post "unoe"
Only Funko will "inoe"
>>
>>5668129
True, would only buy cool armored figs like Hound or Robert Strong (GET HYPE!). Could care less about having an imp fig...
>>
>>5668137
So in other words, be careful what uknoe?
>>
>those garbage designs
Consider yourself lucky that you're getting figures at all.
>>
>>5668151
GET HYPE
Though I'd dig a Tyrion figure.
>>
>>5668123
>poor
>>
Can't wait for the game of thrones bubble to pop.
>>
File: ronon dex.jpg (66 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
ronon dex.jpg
66 KB, 500x749
>>5668123
> figuarts quality
Poorly sculpted toys with bad paint jobs? No thanks

Funko's might have been poorly painted at times, but they had impressive sculpts. I guess plastic should have been more durable too, despite me never having a problem.

i'd love to see McFarlane do them though. Despite the hugely restricted articulation, the Assassin Creed figures are amazingly painted and sculpted.
>>
>>5668913
fuck off vince
>>
>>5668123
For about $10 bucks each I think the funkos are good enough. I have a good chunk of the line and didn't have any breakages, and other than meh articulation and a few iffy paint jobs on some of the faces, they're pretty decent.
>>
File: shf fourze stand set2.jpg (170 KB, 1015x500) Image search: [Google]
shf fourze stand set2.jpg
170 KB, 1015x500
>>5668123
The only reason high quality figures exist is because the otaku Market

GoT is normie central so enjoy your Pops
Normie shit
>>
>>5668123
I got Brienne at full price, The Hound for $5 at Barnes and Noble, Armored Peter Dinklage for under 8 clearance randomly at target, and fancy pants Pinklage.

With the exection of the Hound's hip sheath snapping off, none of the joints have broke and the paint looks good. I'd say they're slightly crappier than toybiz's Lord of the Rings figures.
>>
I had hoped it would make cool wolf and dragon toys and it didn't deliver.
>>
File: lord of the elves.jpg (160 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
lord of the elves.jpg
160 KB, 500x375
>>5669089
> I'd say they're slightly crappier than toybiz's Lord of the Rings figures.
BUT TOY BIZ'S figures are pretty god-tier looking compared to most modern lines.
Only Mezco and McFarlane are able to produce such great paint jobs and sculpt now.
>>
>>5668123
Only decent funkco figure I've seen and bought is the elder scrolls daedric fighter
>>
There goes the chance of making Ser Spinsword McDualwield from last week's episode.
>>
Only if they can all get naked.
Well the ones that do get naked in the show.
>>
C O N F I R M E D
L
E
G E T H Y P E
A
N
E
B
O
W
L
>>
There aren't any GoT characters I really think I'd want a figure of, but if there was a nicer line of them with cool knights I'd pick up a few.
>>
>>5668123
Funko's failure was terrible QC. Figures falling apart right out of the box, using clear plastic as joints, painting said joints to make them stuck. Details are nice, but they should have made them statue shit if they didn't want people treating them like action figures.
>>
File: Robb-Stark-game-of-thrones.jpg (104 KB, 1140x641) Image search: [Google]
Robb-Stark-game-of-thrones.jpg
104 KB, 1140x641
>>5668123

I found Brianne (spelling?) at Barnes and Noble for $7. Had I paid anymore than that, I would have felt like I overpaid.

Out of the box the figure reeked, paint peeled as soon as I tried to move the joints, and the joints themselves were very tight. Shame, because the sculpt itself was pretty spot on.

Figuarts would be overkill, but NECA could do great things with it.

>Husbando coming on through.
>>
>>5668154
uknowing is half the battle
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.