[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know what customs this guy made? I would like to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 630x420
Does anyone know what customs this guy made? I would like to know if his quality tanked and led to a drop in sales from thousands to $400 a month.

The article interviewing Customizer Curtis Brown Jr ;
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57333405e4b0bc9cb048a512?ir=Technology

Let's try keep this thread focused on his customs and not the politics of high speed internet and poverty.
>>
File: excuses.jpg (50 KB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
excuses.jpg
50 KB, 529x352
here is his youtube where you see his shit
google does not exist

https://www.youtube.com/user/curtis12375/videos

if he has shit internet go to a shit library or internet cafe or move to an area where fast internet is available
just because he makes toy customs and his wife is a secretary doesn't confine him to the ghetto
>>
>>5667733
nevermind i saw some of the customs
he is lucky he is making any profit
>>
>>5667733
>he stays home and plays with toys while his wife works

>making customs by chopping up several high value figures and getting less than the total value of the original figures

LOL
>>
>>5668673
fuck me, this guy is another Jin.
>>
File: image.jpg (591 KB, 900x5638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
591 KB, 900x5638
>>5667713
Based on what I saw off his YouTube, I'm willing to bet it's a combination of the shitty economy as well as an over saturation in the market of customs from the big two comic book franchises. Especially now that Hasbro is popping out a suprising number of B and C listers in the revived ML line, guys like him who never really had quality workmanship or built up a reputation for themselves during the infancy of custom toys ended up being completely phased out of the market once the niche they filled slowly began to taken over by official releases.

Besides, making custom kitbashes for profit these days is a silly idea. Unless your painting and sculpting skills are on level with pic related, you're just another guy caught up in fad. Just look up eBay and you'll see it's flooded with customs of mediocre quality.
>>
Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj16qOVjmag

>has hosted multiple TV shows
>is hired freelance to lo lots of professional work
>can sculpt and make sit from scratch
>4 Horsemen honor him with a figure that is mass-produced

Why can't you "I buy Walmart shit and smear finger paint" customizers get on his level?
>>
File: carlcuck.jpg (39 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck.jpg
39 KB, 600x615
>>5668673
Don't forget:

>3 stepchildren
>>
>>5668721
fucking Daniel Craig
>>
>>5668721
>See this
>Sees half finished custom on desk
>Sees somewhat rushed custom statues on table.

Fuck I hate having a real job. I need a sugar momma so I can work on my craft.
>>
>>5667733
>2nd video in
>hey look at these ladybugs you see these ladybugs?! Ladybugs! Ladybugs Ladybugs, what? No I won't take 5 seconds to move to a different spot, ladybugs!

Fuck that was impossible to watch.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 729x729) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 729x729
Here's his FB, he really needs to thin his paints. And use tape, use water slides, just a lot of shit if he expects to support a family on a hobby.

4chan won't let me link to FB, so just google Bot Customs and it's the first one.

Also, I watched the video in OPs link, it astounding that he hasn't figured out that he could just get a cheap laptop, drive to Starbucks every morning and upload his photos.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.