[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't think it was possible for a group of men to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 44
I didn't think it was possible for a group of men to get so pretentious about taking photos of toys.
>>
>>5666341
>it's an immersion is important episode
Jesus fuck. These people have no parents.
>>
cool pic though
>>
>>5666341
>ACBA
>>
File: 1441916148544.jpg (17 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1441916148544.jpg
17 KB, 285x279
>>5666341
>Can't even spell immerse correctly

Aren't these the chucklefucks who try and get people to spend like £10 on a bent wire coathanger? And somehow manage to be elitist about Marvel Legends of all fucking things?
>>
>>5666341
>emerse

fucking kek
>>
Fuck all those ACBA faggots. Pretentious lot that loves photoshop and only takes pictures of capeshit and Dragon Ball Figuarts.
>>5666499
>Aren't these the chucklefucks who try and get people to spend like £10 on a bent wire coathanger? And somehow manage to be elitist about Marvel Legends of all fucking things?
Yup.
>>
>>5666499
That is them. They tend to delete anything not done by their circle of friends too. Marvel legends elitists for sure.
>>
>>5666528
I knew this thread was about ACBA Before I even looked at OP's pic.
>>
>People who try to pretend they started the toy photography hobby and get together wearing clothes covered in their group logo and circle jerk about how great they are are pretentious
Ya don't say.
>>
Are they seriously elitist about Marvel Legends and full on nepotism?
There is always an anon on these threads saying they aren't but the fact that they try to sell fucking bent coat-hangers for more than Tamashi Stage stands sounds like reason enough to not believe him.
>>
So where is that /toy/ vs ACBA photo contest someone proposed
>>
>>5666583
As of late alot of their posters use imported stuff now too
>>
>>5666583
>more than Tamashi Stage
whaaaaat?? lol what a bunch of clueless faggots.
>>
>>5666583
I wouldn't be surprised if that ACBA guy posts here, he seems to post on every other toy board.
>>
File: 1408838236618.png (11 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
1408838236618.png
11 KB, 411x387
Should we care?
>>
>>5666341
>can't even spell the word that they claim to be all about.
>>
>>5666341
What is the original idea of Toy Photography? I asked myself to my own disbelief that the change in a couple months would result to becoming big.

Toy photography is my own original idea. It follow some simple rule.
If you use expensive camera or phone camera NOT TOY PHOTOGRAPHY!
That is arrogant showoff!
Also if you take picture of expensive toy NOT TOY PHOTOGRAPHY!
It just boastful arrogant showoff.

Take picture of toy in diorama and indoors? NOT TOY PHOTOGRAPHY!
Enhance and use photoshop? NOT TOY PHOTOGRAPHY!

Toy photography is fun hobby of my own concept and easy to do. If you not follow the simple rule your photo is just photo of toy no essence nothing more.
>>
>>5666587
That would be a stupid idea. These guys are so picky and narrow on what they accept as a photo that such a thing would just be a circlejerk between them over how much better their photos on spiderman in an alley diorama is.
>>
>>5666646
The alley diorama meme is hilarious.
They supossedly stand for emersion but then you get stupid shit like this because they are somehow unable to make a diorama that's not an alleyway.
>>
>>5666690
What the fuck is Luke even doing in that pic, ballet?
>>
>>5666698
>What the fuck is Luke even doing in that pic, ballet?
Bal-ding.
>>
>>5666690
I love when the guy who founded the group came here with other acba guys and started shit talking and disagree that their pictures weren't too homegenous and littered with alley dioramas by using a sample picture that was using an alley diorama.
>>
>>5666706
I'm starting to think most of that thread was just subjectanon trolling.
>>
>>5666711
Subjectanon was one of them, but there were others. Subjectanon started it, others showed up, then subjectanon jumped back in later.
>>
>>5666712
I know, I'm saying I think he was samefagging.
>>
>>5666714
No, he wasn't. There were actual ACBA people that came over to bitch. They mentioned it a couple times on their group.
>>
>>5666715
>they mentioned it a couple of times on their group
Really?
>>
>>5666716
Yeah, it was all typical "lol 4chan they hate us cause they ain't us" crap.

I was the anon who pissed them off by posting some of their group rules and shit in the thread.
>>
>>5666628
No one recognizes this may-may?

Fugg man it's

>neo-/toy/
>>
>>5666720
>rules
Shit, nigga. What were theirs?
>>
File: LiterallySpewingFromEveryPost.webm (3 MB, 634x360) Image search: [Google]
LiterallySpewingFromEveryPost.webm
3 MB, 634x360
>>5666720
>rules
>in taking pictures of overpriced plastic
>>
File: 1461757084984.jpg (26 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1461757084984.jpg
26 KB, 280x280
Also what is with their obsession with incorporating thug/hood rap and hip hop type shit into their circle-jerk. They take pictures of toys, they aren't shooting at cops and doing drug deals.
>>
I don't understand why they have to be so elitist about what they do? It's not even an original thing. While I do think some of their photos are cool, their shitty attitudes outweigh any kind of 'skill' they may have.
>>
>>5666737
Yep. Many of the members make some,pretty impressive shots, but the attitude that surrounds the whole group is such a turn off. Plus the whole Marvel Legends elitism. I've found other photo groups that I'm happier to be a part of.
>>
>>5666736
Because it's based in New York maybe
>>
>>5666723
Tangible, minimal/no post-processing, comic book cutouts were the staple
>>
Why are we having a thread about some random shitty facebook group?
>>
>>5666720
Can we see the rules?
>>
>>5666736
Don't remind me.
I think I hit my ribs or something earlier and I'm hurting. I don't need the laughs.
>>
>>5666752
>no post-processing
>allow comic book cutouts for effects
What's the point?
>>
>>5666731
>>5666723
It's from a rules document that had guidelines for what sort of things were allowed, how things have to be posted, what is encouraged. The point I was ribbing them on was them saying that the guidelines didn't promote people buying the cutouts they sell, which was bullshit. The very first guideline encourages everyone to use the cutouts.
>>
>>5666768
It's the idea of "this can be displayed in real life just like this" .
>>
>>5666720
>implying most of these off topics aren't used to vent frustration at their target
It's always bitter tears and butthurt guys trying to make themselves feel better.

No doubt, OP just came from the ABCB board because someone said something mean to him.
>>
>>5666806
Kinda, but not really in real life, because you have to supplement in all this cutout crap and then it only looks neat from one angle.

I'd much rather see people make 3d dioramas all day than see any more of these shots they do where like half the shot is cutout art from a comic.
>>
>>5666341
The posing is absolute shit. They look extremely static.
>>
File: New york subway.jpg (100 KB, 990x647) Image search: [Google]
New york subway.jpg
100 KB, 990x647
>>5666751
>>5666736
80s New York was pretty badass.

It's a shame that they kicked out 90% of the poor people out by making everything so damn expensive and police patrols frisk people at "random"
>>
>>5666864
Blame Disney.
>>
Facebook photo sharing groups are all so terrible. Everybody has ultra specific rules for posting and it's just a hassle to do anything with any of them, and there's a 98% chance that the group administration have a massively inflated sense of importance. It's stupid as fuck.
>>
File: DSCN3257.jpg (155 KB, 1000x610) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3257.jpg
155 KB, 1000x610
>>5666341

Sideshow have two massive, expensive books of just that.
>>
>>5666628
>Enhance and use photoshop? NOT TOY PHOTOGRAPHY!

Too be honest, there are many toy photographers whom photos I dislike for what I see as "excessive editing"...
>>
Kek, the "founder" has some of the worst photos. Can't even tell what the fuck is going on, and the cutouts look like a kindergartner made them.
>>
remember that NOT TOY PHOTOGRAPHY guy?
>>
I don't even see why diorama toy photography is a thing. It's always just a bunch of super hero toys punching each other in the dicks or school girl toys eating miniature food, nobody ever does anything creative or original.
>>
>>5666499
4 days without an argument over the coat hanger stands? Did he die?
>>
>>5666341
>I didn't think it was possible for a group of men to get so pretentious about taking photos of toys.

Do you browse /toy/?
>>
>>5672628
>http://articulatedcomicbookart.com/what-is-a-c-b-a/
>Articulated Comic Book Art (abbreviated A.C.B.A) is a visual art form first recognized June 15th 2009 by a passionate group of action figure collectors and is best exemplified by the efforts of this community who display their work on YouTube, as well as in their homes and at their local hobby shops.
>The term ‘Articulated Comic Book Art’ was coined by Kendel Gray aka Boog Nice aka Boog ACBA and is his registered Trademark with the USPTO. He is the pioneer of the art form. The term A.C.B.A. has come to represent a growing venture of display art in local venues such as comic book stores, hobby shops, toy/comic book conventions and other related outlets.
For one, creative people don't think taking photographs of toys is an artform.
Not even instagram sluts would trademark taking photos of food. I believe they haven't at least.
>>
>>5672642
We don't really care that much, though we still despise MISB collectors and criticize bad posing.
ACBA will pretty much tell you to fuck off if you don't stick to their rules of putting everything in front of an alley diorama.

/toy/ still gets really fucking pretentious about everything else.
>>
>>5672648
>We don't really care that much
Uh, what? /toy/ gets pissy about the smallest things when it comes to photography.
>>
>>5672666
I don't know what photo generals you've looked, Satan, but I don't remember that.
>>
>>5672676
Then you should probably check one out some time.
>>
>>5672643
$14 for one of these.

Seriously? Also do you jam it up the ads or something? You can buy a wire coat hanger for like, 50 cents and use some pliers to make your own. One that isn't a coat hanger dildo.
>>
>>5672642
Being hypercritical faggots isn't necessarily pretentious.
>>
>>5672643
>Articulated Comic Book Art (abbreviated A.C.B.A) is a visual art form first recognized June 15th 2009

This sounds retarded. Diorama has been around forever and do it with comic book superhero toys makes it a new art form?
>>
>>5672643
This guy sounds like a complete faggot and his coat hanger toy aborter is as dumb as it is glaring. It's like these idiots have never heard of fishing line or the multitude of clear stands on the market...then again I've been using coat hangers to hold my clothing in the closets instead of anally raping my toys with them.
>>
>>5672643
>The term ‘Articulated Comic Book Art’ was coined by Kendel Gray aka Boog Nice aka Boog ACBA and is his registered Trademark with the USPTO. He is the pioneer of the art form. The term A.C.B.A. has come to represent a growing venture of display art in local venues such as comic book stores, hobby shops, toy/comic book conventions and other related outlets.

That's some pretty pretentious shit right there.
>>
I really hate these tools.

I mean I like taking pictures of my stuff sometimes. I really like looking at pictures of figures, but these guys are way too serious over a stupid litter nerdy hobby.

Just do this shit for fun if you are bored or have a idea that might give someone a chuckle. Don't try to turn this into some shitty job. Its not art, its a fucking hobby at best.

It really drives me up the wall seeing these douches run around telling everyone that they are experts or some kind of authority. Especially when they tell people that the only way to get reconition is to takc pictures of what they want, exactly the way they tell you and to buy some ACBA™ sound effect cutouts from our ACBA™ online stores.
>>
I think the only times I've seen actual good looking amateur toy photos were those MOTUC reviews that someone on fwoosh used to do. The ACBA stuff is always just so incredibly boring in comparison, because they're all identical.
>>
>>5672717
>Especially when they tell people that the only way to get reconition is to takc pictures of what they want, exactly the way they tell you and to buy some ACBA™ sound effect cutouts from our ACBA™ online stores.
That's just how lazy people and criminals make a business. Convince people you're an authority at a field by having your friends confirm you are an authority at your field and ignore completely people that know you're full of shit.
It's what the guys at schools of psychoanalysis did to make people believe psychoanalysis was real; they created a club to discuss their shit and then told people interested that their own expertise made psychoanalysis real.
>>
File: gundam marker brand only.jpg (41 KB, 340x101) Image search: [Google]
gundam marker brand only.jpg
41 KB, 340x101
>>5672745
Hey guys, anyone like buying officially branded Gundam™® Markers that do an awful job at panel lining?
>>
>>5666720
They hate us cuz they anus?

>>5666817
Took you guys long enough.
>>
>>5666817
In a thread about a garbage organization that everyone hates, a single voice of derision cries out. Gee I wonder what group of trash this anon comes from?
>>
>>5673066
Hi OP
>>
>>5666721
I remember brother
>>
>>5666817
Of course some of it is and some of us might've been in that place. I still post in these threads because I find it hilarious how deluded those guys are since I've never even dropped into their forums. Hell, fucking reddit of all sites still rejected their coat hangers.
Let's just hope they never get to prohibit others from posting their own photos since they own the copyrights to shitty photos of toys tripping into each other in alleyways.

>>5672763
I haven't panel lined anything yet but I still believe that a wash would do a better job at it than using markers.
>>
>>5666341
People who want their hobby to be taken as serious as art become pretentious? What's new?
>>
>>5673092
Hi gutter trash! Not OP btw.
>>
>>5672648
I think they're obsessed with alleyways because thats where most of them were born.
>>
>>5666736
The rap intros to their Youtube videos are the fucking worst.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LkI828xAfg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E2b6k5W00jk
>>
File: acba vs toy.png (80 KB, 1855x502) Image search: [Google]
acba vs toy.png
80 KB, 1855x502
Awww yeah, one of my favorite verbal beatdowns in all of /toy/'s history.

1/3
>>
File: acba vs toy 2.png (157 KB, 1871x804) Image search: [Google]
acba vs toy 2.png
157 KB, 1871x804
>>5673596
>>
File: acba vs toy 3.png (48 KB, 1894x349) Image search: [Google]
acba vs toy 3.png
48 KB, 1894x349
>>5673598
>>
File: 1429483928688.gif (617 KB, 211x199) Image search: [Google]
1429483928688.gif
617 KB, 211x199
>>5672643
What a faggy way to just say "I like taking pictures of toys", that's all it is. Just say that.
>>
>>5673596
>>5673598
>>5673601
>this was in January

Jesus christ where has the time gone, I swear this was like 3 weeks ago.
>>
File: 1268891287892.jpg (28 KB, 337x404) Image search: [Google]
1268891287892.jpg
28 KB, 337x404
>>5673596
>>5673598
>>5673601
>gets his ass handed to him
>"the acba environment isn't for you,y-you're b-butthurt"

Hahaha what a fucking tool
>>
>>5673560
Yeah, fuck this.
I can only watch the intros. Everything else after it just makes me angry.
>>
>>5666341
>perfectly scaled
that phone is fuck huge compared to the dolls
>>
>>5666628
Holy shit I just flashed-back to 2011.
>>
File: symptoms of being a child.jpg (122 KB, 1066x800) Image search: [Google]
symptoms of being a child.jpg
122 KB, 1066x800
>>5673289
> I find it hilarious how deluded those guys are
No, it's just pathetic and sad how you and them can't let go.
It's the same shit as crying about Jin and Greg.

It's middle school OCD drama
>>
>>5674117
I don't really care, Boog. You guys are just silly.
>>
>>5666341
So it's possible for a geoup of women then?

>SJW ALERT
>>
>>5674117
What does ODD have to do with being obsessed with lolcows?
>>
>>5674201
it's the behavior that everyone who obsesses and rants about off topic stuff on /toy/ presents

Basically, it's how every middle school kid behaves.
>>
>>5674208
That's a pretty massive oversimplification of the disorder. This kind of shit is why everyone thinks psychology is bullshit.
>>
>>5674211
>each new DSM-X gets more and more politically correct to the point that it starts to become nonsense altogether
RIP in Poultry Psychology.

>>5674208
Finding crazy people amusing is a mental illness now?
>>
File: impotent anger.jpg (48 KB, 420x285) Image search: [Google]
impotent anger.jpg
48 KB, 420x285
>>5674224
creating thread after thread every week is too obsessive.
Same with people claiming I'm whomever from that board.

Can't stop!
Need to rant!
He's everywhere!
>>
>>5674117
>It's the same shit as crying about Jin and Greg.

Jin is a legit psychopath and Greg assaulted his own mother because she wouldn't buy him a toy. They warranted being insulted by their own actions.
>>
>>5673596
>>5673598
>>5673601

ACBA is similar to ABC

that ABC meaning "Amy's Baking Company"
>>
>>5674242
I've only seen like 4 or 5 of these threads since January. Are you sure it isn't just you being unhappy about having to see a topic you've seen before?
>>
>>5674288
Just ignore them, it looks more like they're baiting rather than being legitimately butthurt.
>>
>>5674288
>4-5 times isnt too many
you sound like a modern soccermom

but to be fair, I'm counting derailment in normal threads too.
Like i said, it's too much like the bitching about greg and jin shit.

I guess something like this is lost on you, since you were born into generation y and you're used to getting what you want by throwing tantrums.
Maybe you're even part of generation Z?
>>
>>5674305
Yup, definitely just baiting.

Shows over folks, they showed their hand way too early, nothing worth replying to here. They'll probably try one or two more times to get us to stop talking about the acba but just ignore them.
>>
>>5674312
It seems like it might be subjectanon, but this is pretty weak shit for subjectanon. It'd be kind of meta for him to be baiting based on people complaining about lolcows.
>>
>>5674312
>it's normal to like offtopic threads that have nothing to do with /toy/ and more to do with middle school tantrums
I'm sorry that i don't understand your school yard rules.

But hey, that insinuation i'm somehow part of ABCA totally means I am and that your shitting up /toy/ to get back at them is working.
>>
>>5674334
At first I didn't think so since subjectshiteater doesn't seem to bring up jin and greg that often, but with the reading comprehension shown in >>5674347 and the fact that he didn't mention peon I think it just might be.

But hey, this is pretty much a general for discussing shitposters on /toy/. since acba do nothing but post shit wherever they go, so subjecttranny is fair game too.

Anyone else here from that thread where he admitted that he's nearly forty years old? The fucker is a middle aged transvestite with nothing better to do but shitpost on /toy/ to get (you)s. What sadder existence could there be?
>>
>>5674358
It's sad, I try not to think about the irl situation of the lolcows on here. He's basically doing shtick but ironically if we apply it to him instead of ACBA he has a point. He's ingrained himself into this board so much that there are people pissed off enough to randomly bring him up and draw him out of the woodwork in threads(although usually only ones that are already shitposting), and even people pissed off enough to argue with him when they know he's just baiting, and that's pretty much exactly what he wants.
>>
>>5674381
You're not wrong there, hence why I think the best thing to do is to just stick with just calling them out/insulting them harshly, suggesting people to report him and then just moving on with the thread.

People are definitely tired of arguing with him at this point, it's worn out its novelty factor. I think we've let him foul up /toy/ for way too long.
>>
>>5674358
He's actually around 28 or 29.
>>
>>5674480
>>5674358
He's 7, and he's not a he, he's an it. Subjectanon is actually a highly sophisticated spambot prototype that is baiting /toy/ as a test to see how it can get attention and desired reactions. Since it's still an early prototype the only reaction it's currently testing for is anger. Years from now subjectanon's architecture will be used across social media to advertise products by subtly tricking people into making desired associations through fake conversations.
>>
>>5674497
>getting shitposted
>by robots
I don't want to be in the future anymore
>>
>>5674497
Ok yeah we will go with that.

Explains why he dreams of kissing little boys anyway.
>>
>>5674497
And peon was the prototype, but he sucked ass at making people angry so they built subjectranny instead.

I think you're onto something here, but thats not what this thread is about. This thread is about those other soulless husks of human beings, otherwise known as ACBA.
>>
>>5674536
Actually 'peon' isn't a prototype, it's an intentionally dumbed down version of subjectanon that's used to save memory while testing ban evasion programs. In the process of streamlining it we had to cut out the algorithm that let's it come up with conversation appropriate filenames, so it just saves everything as image.jpg and such.
>>
>>5674246
Jin is a 6'5" monster who tears apart figures with his bare hands before customizing them. I wouldnt talk shit about a guy who can do that. It could be your sku ll next time :o
>>
this is a pretty good thread.
>>
>>5674497
>>5674573
So in a way you could say that /toy/ was the birthplace of A.A. aka Artificial Autism, in the form of shitposting robots.

Should I be relieved or frightened at just how much sense this is making?
>>
>all these bitter bitches licking each other to feel better about the alphas snapping at their shenanigans
yip yip yip yip
>>
>>5666613
Well they are all neckbeards and blacks that make up their group demographics.

>>5666646
Pretty much this. Alley diorama and newest marvelmlegends pic. Dial the lighting down as low as possible and they circle jerk over it.

Doesnt matter if you have a good quality photo, contained set, and follow their other guidelines. Theyll just delete your pic and give a bs reason over it, tell you some bad advice and suggest you redo it and post later.

>>5666768
I dont get that either. I guess the nigs cant afford or figure out photoshop.

>>5666783
I remember that. Was pretty hilarious. Like I said you can fillow their set of rules but theyll delete it if they dont like it. They seem to hate fi joes and 1/18 in general, jizz over 6 inch lines unless it is halo, whatever, big group of true autists and assholes. Makes us look like pros with a warm welcoming attitude.
>>
>>5674757
This song for my real collectaz who army buildin' an posin' figuahs.
>>
>>5674117
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
C. S. Lewis
>>
>>5674358
>What sadder existence could there be?
Getting pissed off and ranting about a middle aged transvestite with nothing better to do but shitpost on /toy/ to get (you)s.
>>
File: mysidesfailedasanitycheck.jpg (116 KB, 1096x731) Image search: [Google]
mysidesfailedasanitycheck.jpg
116 KB, 1096x731
>>5666690
>That first pose
Jesus, did someone delete Luke's animation data or something?
>>
File: 1293239958524.jpg (254 KB, 800x562) Image search: [Google]
1293239958524.jpg
254 KB, 800x562
>>5666628
>>
kek
>>
>>5677659
>if you practice really hard you too can post terrible, messy pics with way too much shit going on!
>>
>>5672643
We sell those at my store for like a buck fifty to skewer papers on.
>>
>>5673560
CATCH ME AT THA TOY SHOP
(nigga nigga nigga)

What the fuck is he even doing
>>
>>5677719
"I'M ALL UP IN DA TOI AISLE IM KICKIN KIDS IM RECKLESS"

That's some real tough gangster talk right there. I don't doubt for a second that he actually does this.
>>
>>5677659
>All that blur
>That unnatural pose
>That bland lighting
So he's trying to convince himself to get better, right?
>>
Literal shit in the photo
>>
>>5677889
Holy shit.
>>
File: Le Bean Boy.jpg (68 KB, 640x714) Image search: [Google]
Le Bean Boy.jpg
68 KB, 640x714
>>5677889
>Spiderman spilling all his spaghetti out of his chest pocket
>Green Goblin being propelled through the air on a torrent of shit about to give Spiderman a surprise hug
>All in a fucking alley
>>
>>5677889
That thing behind green goblin seriously looks like a dry turd.
>>
>>5677659
>Becoming a great display artist is a slow grind, it takes time to master the craft.
I'm not so sure.
Anyone can learn the basics of composition and lighting by reading a few blogs/articles/posts about them, posing is fixed with you just thinking in S-shapes, and then the difficult part would be the dioramas and effects but if you got a single alleyway dio and butcher some of your comics you can post anything on ACBA and be done with it so; idunno, where's the difficulty he is talking about? Is he talking about getting a good camera? Is he talking about learning how to use a camera?

And the photo he puts as """""""""""""""""motivation""""""""""""""""" is not even impressive. There's supossed to be a feeling of a small space that I'm missing because that looks like the inside of a ship or one of those huts in Star Wars.
>>
>>5677889
is this the Sandman pic they were on about?
>>
>>5666341
to be fair op, this picture actually looks good, unlike 90% of their shit.
>>
>>5677889
>"guys how should we make the smoke from goblins glider?"
>toilet flushes and guy walks out
>"bingo"
>>
>>5677889
That is an actual poop. Dear god.
>>
>>5677889
Is that an actual poop from a butt?
>>
>>5677889
ACBA faggots confirmed for literal turd burglars
>>
>>5677889
>That blood
They keep doing this blood that looks like melted crayon goop and it looks terrible. There are better options out there.
>>
>>5678078
>toilet DOESN'T flush and guy walks out

fixed your continuity issues
>>
File: WDCoD.jpg (633 KB, 2591x1935) Image search: [Google]
WDCoD.jpg
633 KB, 2591x1935
>>5677965
All those words, yet it doesn't really acknowledge the problem.

I agree that it's not hard at all to take photographs, but holy shit, /toy/ makes it seem like its the hardest thing ever.
>>
>>5666341

Diorama builders are the worst. What makes it even more retarded is the fact that this is one of the few things I've seen that wasn't an alley.

Always a fucking alley. Batman in an alley, Ninja Turtles in an alley, even fucking Stormtroopers.

Fuck id builders and fuck the ACBA
>>
File: 40 year olds main target.jpg (121 KB, 639x379) Image search: [Google]
40 year olds main target.jpg
121 KB, 639x379
>>5678480
>Diorama builders are the worst.
>making an effort to put your figures to have an interactive scale display is worse than not having one
I really hope you're not saying this.

And complaining that they're fighting in an alley is like complaining that they're too muscular or too many characters wear too many tights.
It's part of the genre. Just like spaceships behaving like WW2 planes in sci fi, teenagers acting even stupider in horror, or Lifetime making movies about how you can't trust men.

Cliche as fuck, yet here you are caring about those characters enough to bitch because you love cliches.
>>
>>5678463
I'm saying here, on /toy/, that toy photography is something you can learn in a single afternoon to do competently. A couple of weeks at most to make your first diorama if you're slow.
It's the ACBA guys making it sound as if it was something you need years of practice before sharing your results.

>>5679219
I think that guy needed to make it clear that ACBA's diorama builders are the worst.

>And complaining that they're fighting in an alley is like complaining that they're too muscular or too many characters wear too many tights.
>It's part of the genre.
Putting guys like Batman, Daredevil, Punisher fighting on an alley is perfectly fine; Spiderman and Wolverine is pushing it but still works ; Superman, Vision, and Darth Vader fighting in an alley is just wrong if you give a shit about source accuracy.
>>
>>5679219
>pic
I'm convinced that DC is run by really stupid aliens.
>>
File: DarthVaderHothTSC_stillA.jpg (22 KB, 450x239) Image search: [Google]
DarthVaderHothTSC_stillA.jpg
22 KB, 450x239
>>5679239
>Superman, Vision, and Darth Vader fighting in an alley is just wrong if you give a shit about source accuracy.
>Superman, Vision,
These two, yeah.
>Darth Vader
Nope.
Almost all of Darth Vaders fights happen in the fucking boondocks. Basements, tight corridors in 30 year old junkships, access pathways, etc. A fucking alleyway is right up his alley (ho ho ho) when he's chasing after scumbag terrorists hiding in the worst parts of town.

>I think that guy needed to make it clear that ACBA's diorama builders are the worst.
Still pretty dumb, because they're just average as fuck. No better or worse than /toy/ or any other board.
The only reason it gets more hate is just because they're pretty much the only place that will routinely put their work up.
Seriously, what other place is there that has that many images of people's work? besides /tg/ and other statueshit minis places.
>>
>>5679252
Tight corridors in a scifi-styled set I can get behind, not the fucking alley behind an chinese restaurant in Chicago like in >>5666690
>>
>>5679252

>darth vader fights in a space ship in another galaxy, an ice cave, and maybe in fuckn jungle
>lets make him fight in an aleyway scene next to the trash can behind a laundromat
>>
File: star-wars-1313.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-1313.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1080
>>5679261
>>5679255
Like i said, its not out of place for Darth Vader to show up in some city full of terrorists. Not every setting has to be a barren elemental planet.

>not the fucking alley behind an chinese restaurant in Chicago like in >>5666690
That's just a plain wall with random electronic bits. That could be most anywhere, even the basement of a death star.
>>
File: image.jpg (349 KB, 1328x1328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349 KB, 1328x1328
>>5666341

Fuck the ACBA and fuck dios. Take your shit outside.
>>
>>5679252
>>5679272
The problem with "Darth Vader showing up in an alley" is that theses guys' alleys don't LOOK like something out of Star Wars, or sci fi in general. They look like an alley in Brooklyn.

It also regurgitates the "lol alleyway diorama" meme that everybody in this thread has been joking about.
>>
File: random middle eastern street.jpg (386 KB, 2048x1344) Image search: [Google]
random middle eastern street.jpg
386 KB, 2048x1344
>>5679651
uh huh

Just so you know, the rest of the extended universe has the same shit.
>>
>>5680704
That doesn't look anything like the alley Dios the acba guys use. Let alone that it's base concept art.
>>
>>5680704
That's not remotely close to the alley's portrayed In those retarded ass ACBA dios
>>
The whole group is in denial over owning fucking toys to start with, "comic book art' my ass.
>>
File: Star Wars set.jpg (63 KB, 600x669) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars set.jpg
63 KB, 600x669
>>5680716
>>5680712
The point is that they look like a random place on earth, not Star Wars or sci fi in general.

Which ignores the fact that sci fi in general does a lot of normal locales and does low-tech stuff all the time.
Star Wars has done it millions of times, mostly in the extended universe, but now it's canon because fan fiction is being made by Disney into movies.
>>
>>5680704
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>5680752
>The point is that they look like a random place on earth
Not really. The architecture and wiring are all wrong.
>>
>>5680752
What's your deal?
>>
>>5680704
>Tanktroopers

You knoe who needs a black series?
>>
File: womens razor.jpg (69 KB, 640x619) Image search: [Google]
womens razor.jpg
69 KB, 640x619
>>5681043
>Not really. The architecture and wiring are all wrong.
so is the image with those computer fans and plain gray wall.

>>5681078
Just pointing out how retarded the criticism is, especially when they're saying most sci fi shows/movies dont use ordinary looking places for their sets just to cheap out.
>>
>>5681115
>Phantom Menace was filled with product placement

You sold out Lucas, YOU SOLD US ALL OUT!
>>
>>5681078
His deal is being subjectanon.
>>
>>5681115
you are one delusionmented fuck, you know that?
>>
File: tosr077_04.jpg (128 KB, 700x530) Image search: [Google]
tosr077_04.jpg
128 KB, 700x530
>>5681155
says the guy pushing an argument that sci fi series don't use common place settings and things.
>>
>subject anon defending a bad again

There we go
>>
>>5681191
my god you are one autistic tranny, vincent.
>>
>>5677889
dude no
>>
File: hqdefault (6).jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
22 KB, 480x360
A Star Wars alley
>>
File: j9Xf3RB.jpg (574 KB, 3994x1533) Image search: [Google]
j9Xf3RB.jpg
574 KB, 3994x1533
I like the effort here at least. Imagine what one could do.
>>
>>5685574
>>5685584
Where's the cutouts and the blue lighting and the yellow background?
>>
>>5672763
b-but anon, those are n-not used for panel lining.
y-you can use it to erase nub marks or u-use a retarder for hand painting/detailing.
b-but not panel lining.
>>
>>5685757
>this new
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-23-20-59-42-1.png (701 KB, 1440x2254) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-23-20-59-42-1.png
701 KB, 1440x2254
Now they're ripping off designs for their shitty merch
>>
No clue what's even happening in the photo.
>>
>>5694050
It looks like a dude getting raped.. by being humped on the thigh.. and the blue guy blew his load too quick or something..... he jizzes out of his armpits.
>>
>>5694050
Also, does the blue guy only have one leg? It looks like he has one leg.
>>
>>5694094
There's two legs, you can see the foot dangling in the background. You just can't see it cause of the shitty posing and stupid cutouts.
>>
>>5694050
Is this image implying that Crawler got those purple hit effects from wolverine? Why purple?
>That speech bubble from Sabertooth
I don't understand
>>
>>5694050
>that uneven use of elbow poa on Daken

Tsk, tsk, tsk.
>>
>>5694050
Is this supossed to be Nightcrawler interrupting the fight between Sabertooth and Surfer Wolverine while Sabertooth falls unconscious? I know you guys are being facetious but it's not as incomprehensible as you are making it out to be.

It looks like shit, though.
>>
>>5677889
>>5685539
>>5694050
>>5672605
Why are all the ACBA photos I ever see so...inscrutable? They're always super complicated and there's so much going on at once that I don't know what I'm looking at anymore. Now, I'd understand if that was one person, but I have seen this from MULTIPLE USERS like it's some kind of "style!" Literally why the fuck...it looks terrible.
>>
>>5698777
They do have a very homogenous style, and surprisingly, that style LOATHES sequences of shots. They want to relate it to IRL comic book art but they'd rather have you put 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack than do more than one shot.

To them, busy = complicated = good photo.

Then again, every week they seem to be using more and more 2d cutouts of even characters now, so pretty soon they'll just be making collages.
>>
>>5678480
>Diorama builders are the worst.

Fuck you, buddy. They're fun as hell to build. Try it some time.
>>
>>5694050
It looks like Nightcrawler and Sabertooth are two skateboarders that collided and are plummeting to injury, while Daken just heard his mother yell that dinner is ready and to come home.
>>
>>5694050
The lighting in this is bullshit, I'm no photographer but the whole thing looks out of focus and overly shiny.
>>
Colored backgrounds and near static poses.
>>
>>5677889
I looked at this for about five minutes thinking "Ha ha someone photoshoped shit into the photo because no one likes abca ha ha."
But then I came to the shocking realization that's supposed to be glider smoke.
How is this real.
>>
>>5700385
Hobgoblin one is alright, but bugger the rest.
>>
>>5700385

Wow, they actually managed to make Mace look like shit. That's not an easy thing to do.
>>
File: 1357456419218.gif (2 MB, 400x252) Image search: [Google]
1357456419218.gif
2 MB, 400x252
>mfw I directed a talented diorama maker/toy photographer their way a long while ago

This was before I realized how full of shit they were. Hope they didn't suck creativity dry from the poor sod.
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.