[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/toy/ questionnaire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 18
File: 1423345463323.gif (632 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1423345463323.gif
632 KB, 640x480
A few questions. Feel free to answer them with one word or with stories of your own experiences

A toy you love
A toy you hate
A toy you got a good deal for
A toy you overpaid for
The last toy you got
The first toy you got as an adult
A toy that has special significance to you
The biggest toy you own
The smallest toy you own
A toy you want but don't have
>>
Not sure if Peon but I might as well.

>Love
Found myself fiddling with Transformers RiD Railspike a lot recently.
>Hate
Polynian Shamrock. Not a fan of traps, not a fan of people who obsess over traps.
>Good deal
Busou Shinki Espadia for $35 was pretty good.
>Overpaid
Figma Black Swordsman Guts. 90 bucks and it was missing its cape.
>Last toy you got
Figuarts Ryuranger and Red Hawk.
>First toy
Revoltech Gurren Lagann
>Toy with special significance
Guess that'd be SRC Gurren Lagann, he was my grail for a long time.
>Biggest
HGUC Psycho Gundam
>Smallest
Classic White Lego Spaceman
>Want but don't have
I'm kinda in a lull at the moment, nothing's stuck me too hard as a "need to get" toy.
>>
>A toy you love
Love my Marvel Select Venom
>A toy you hate
Hate any toy that breaks during shipping/while opening
>A toy you got a good deal for
Used SHMA Destoroyah for $40
>A toy you overpaid for
Toyvault Destoroyah for $80
>The last toy you got
Mega Bloks Halo Heroes Spartan Vale
>The first toy you got as an adult
A Marvel Legend, probably
>A toy that has special significance to you
Red panda plush my boyfriend gave me for my birthday several years ago
>The biggest toy you own
Toyvault Destoroyah plush
>The smallest toy you own
Probably a Mega Bloks minifig
>A toy you want but don't have
Marvel Legends Spider-Gwen
>>
>>5665584
What do you consider adult? 18?
>>
>>5665802
Old enough to hotglue a figure.
>>
>A toy you love
figma Guts Band of the Hawk version

>A toy you hate
PAK Wonder Woman. One, it's a PAK, and 2, it just doesn't look good.

figma Guts Band of the Hawk version. I got it on the BST and unfortunately after I got it the guy decided he regretted selling it. I helped him find another one for a similar price, but still.

>A toy you overpaid for
I have a bunch of these little animals with interchangeable body parts that came from these chocolate eggs (kinda like a knock off kinder surprise) my dad used to buy them for me when he came to visit me. When we moved out of my childhood house, my mom made me give away all my toys to the neighborhood kids and I could keep a few. I thought I had kept these but it seems they got given away. I tracked them down and paid some canadian scalper like $70 for them back.

>The last toy you got
Marvel Legends Thor. Wanted an Avengers setup and since I don't really care for the figma or Figuarts, I figure if it's not going to look that good, it may as well not cost me that much.

Figuarts Piccolo, the DBZ Figuarts got me back into toys (I was already into gunpla though) and I went on a nostalgia trip and bought most of the DBZ Figuarts.

Figuarts Iron Man Mk. VI and War Machine, my wife bought me them while we were still dating, it was the first time she supported my hobby. Also the little animals mentioned above.

>The biggest toy you own
Hot Toys classic Predator

The little animal egg toys

Figuarts Hulkbuster. It sucks because I can afford it but can't justify paying that much for it. My wife has been supportive of my hobby but even she says no way at that price tag. There's also a bunch of titty statue shit I'd love to get but my wife draws the line at that kind of stuff.
>>
>>5665924
Sounds like your wife has you by the balls.

Do you buy toys for her son too?
>>
>>5665940
It's a partnership, homie. Granted I think the statueshit is a little insecure of her but as far as blowing $400 on a toy, it's not like you can argue. We can do a lot with that money, or I could have a toy. No brainer.
>>
File: Nichijou Hakase Nendoroid 02.jpg (130 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Nichijou Hakase Nendoroid 02.jpg
130 KB, 600x800
>Love
SAS Joseph 1st

>Hate
D-Arts Zero 2nd

>Good Deal
Figma Guyver

>Overpaid
Figma Kaiji

>Last toy I got
Marvel Legends Taskmaster

>Fist toy I got as an adult
SH Figuarts Shinken-Red

>A toy that has special significance to me
Figma Guyver/Nendoroid Nano

>Biggest
The biggest thing I actually display is my MG RX-78

>Smallest
I have some tiny mechs (Mazinkaiser, Ideon, and Eva-01) that I got out of a vending machine when I was a child.

>Want
Wonfes SAS Joseph, Figma Terraformar, and Nendoroid Professor Shinanome imediatly come to mind. Honestly there are too many to relay here.
>>
>>5665951
>it's not like you can argue.

If you pay your half of the bills and have money to spare, there is literally no reason why you can't buy the Hulkbuster.

>We can do a lot with that money

Like what? Go to an expensive restaurant? Blow it on a pair of designer heels? Your money is your money, do whatever the fuck you want with it.

>No brainer.

Clearly, you've been lobotomized by your 'partner'.
>>
>>5665951
Sound like youre being cucked, but whatever, let your wife handle YOUR money that YOU earn. Hope you like taking Jamal Jr. out for lunch! Don't forget to kiss her on the lips after she "helps relieve him"
>>
File: 1411366732834.jpg (67 KB, 463x469) Image search: [Google]
1411366732834.jpg
67 KB, 463x469
>>5665987
You sound like a guy with a lot of relationship experience.
>>
>>5665995
Nice meme.

I've been in a relationship with the same girl for 6 years.

We aren't married. We keep our personal finances separate.
We pay our utilities, internet and other shared bills 50-50.
As for spare money, I buy what I want, she buys what she wants, with our own money. We still buy each other gifts now and then outside of birthdays/christmas/anniversaries.
What we have is a partnership.

You sound like you fell for the 'traditionalist' meme, have fun when she divorces you and takes half of your shit.
>>
>argument breaks out
thank god it's not over my taste in toys
>>
>>5666004
There's nothing to argue about.

>Anon earns money
>Anon pays his bills
>Anon has money left over
>Anon buys Hulkbuster with spare money

Why even go to work if you can't buy the shit you want? Where's the logic in that?
>>
File: guffaw.png (81 KB, 641x512) Image search: [Google]
guffaw.png
81 KB, 641x512
>>5666001
>You sound like you fell for the 'traditionalist' meme

Is this line as hilarious as I think it is?
Because it seems pretty funny to me.
>>
>>5666023
Posting reaction images is really helping fight your case. Please explain to me why you let your wife control what you can and can't spend your money on.
>>
>>5666014
This, when I got with my girlfriend I showed her my collection of scaleshit and figures after we were dating for about a month and she asked why I spend so much on it. I told her that I work for my money, so i'm going to buy what I like with it and if she doesn't like it then it isn't going to work, but I also won't tell her what she can and can't buy because I simply don't give a fuck.

We've been together for 3 years now and she even buys her own fujoshi scales now.

Point is, be your own fucking man, buy what you want and fuck everybody else. As long as you can pay your bills and keep your job you shouldn't have to ask what you can buy or answer to anyone.
>>
>>5665987
We're wife and husband, not roommates. It's not like we each pay half of the rent and call it a day. Clearly I am still able to buy my own stuff, but when a single item costs around $400 you sit down and talk about it. And I was more talking about putting it towards a vacation, buying a PS4, something that's more for both of us and not just me.
I get that some couples like to keep their money separate but I'm not sure how my taking my partner into consideration before spending money somehow makes me subhuman.

>>5666001
Not the guy that posted the fedora but whether she divorces me or not, I don't have things that she would want to take in a divorce. It sounds more like what you are is roommates, not partners, but whatever floats your boat.

>>5666014
The logic is in a real partnership, you take the other side's feelings into consideration and look to the greater good. Granted, it's not like we live hand to mouth and every last dime has to be saved, but we're in an apartment and hoping to move into a house pretty soon and we share one car. Blowing $400 without a word isn't logical, even if I do earn my keep. I don't know where you get the notion that being sensible and considerate is a bad thing, but again, just because you and your room mate do things differently, that doesn't make my way stupid or illogical.

But man, this sure is a lot of drama for my not buying an overpriced toy.
>>
>>5666026
Just feel like I need to let you know, you're talking to more than one person. Not that I want to take up a trip just to defend the way my family operates but don't bother (You)ing everyone that doesn't agree with you.
>>
File: CccEIc1UAAEYPKE.jpg orig.jpg (145 KB, 1271x1143) Image search: [Google]
CccEIc1UAAEYPKE.jpg orig.jpg
145 KB, 1271x1143
>A toy you love
SHFSS Hibiki
>A toy you hate
Figma Guyver I. Sold him a week after because of how disappointed I was.
SHMA Mechagodzilla for the equivalent of 3.5k just recently
>A toy you overpaid for
Ultra-act Agul V2, loose + missing extra timer for almost 7k.
>The last toy you got
Ultra-act Hikari
Don't remember.
TFA Wreck-gar
>The biggest toy you own
Used to be the 25th anniversary Unicron but I just sold him a few weeks ago. MMC Hexatron it seems like.
Some Q-TFs.
MP-28 Hot Rod? Not sure honestly.
I was gonna consider getting DX9 Carry/Not-Rodimus because I love how that figure looks, but he's too big for me.
>>
>>5666001
>you fell for the 'traditionalist' meme
You should know you sound like some bisexual tranny with an open relationship when you say that. Some people want things outside of hobbies, like an actual family that lives in an actual house, which costs a lot of money and means you have to actually think about the long term effects of your financial decisions.
>>
>>5666043
Lol, let me ask you this.

What does she do for a job? How much does she contribute to bills? How often does SHE take YOU out on a date?

Sounds like you're getting the shaft in this relationship.

Whether or not you buy expensive toys is a different thing than her telling you what you can and cant buy and if you're married but cant afford $400 then you got nailed down early dumbass
>>
>>5666053
>Lol why do you let her tell you what you can buy
>W-WELL YOU FUCK TRANNIES
>>
>>5666083
>I can't read past one sentence
>>
>>5666086
You don't need to when the first sentence is pure ad hominem. It isn't hard to have hobbies, a family, and a home, it's called being financially stable and if $400 is that big a hit to your wallet you're clearly doing something wrong.

The problem here is that the other anon is allowing someone who isn't himself to manage what he can and can't buy.

He fell for the "Man pays for everything while the wife gets BLACKED at home" scam.
>>
>>5666102
All insults are not ad hominem retard. If anything you saying anon's wrong because of cuck memery is ad hominem.
>>
>>5666043
>We're wife and husband, not roommates. It's not like we each pay half of the rent and call it a day.
Why? As long as your pay your share of the bills and she pays hers, who gives a fuck what you spend your money on.

>Clearly I am still able to buy my own stuff, but when a single item costs around $400 you sit down and talk about it.
What is there to talk about? Do your wages go directly into her bank account or something?

>I get that some couples like to keep their money separate but I'm not sure how my taking my partner into consideration before spending money somehow makes me subhuman.
I didn't say it makes you subhuman. It does make you a whipped beta bitch though.

>just because you and your room mate do things differently, that doesn't make my way stupid or illogical.
Me and my partner do things in a way that neither of us suffers or goes without something they want because of arbitrary reasons set by some piece of paper.

>>5666053
>You should know you sound like some bisexual tranny with an open relationship when you say that.
You're grasping at straws to try and poke holes in my argument.

>Some people want things outside of hobbies, like an actual family that lives in an actual house
There's no reason why anon can't have those things, and a Hulkbuster.

>which costs a lot of money and means you have to actually think about the long term effects of your financial decisions.
>implying $400 is a lot of money

Found the burger flipper.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7 KB, 588x173) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7 KB, 588x173
>>5666110
>All insults are not ad hominem retard
Nowhere in >>5666053 did you try to refute his point, you simply attacked and went on about some fantasy ideal "marriage" with someone.

And even then, >>5666064 makes the point of "What does she contribute?" because it sounds like anon pays for everything while she does nothing and in >>5666043 he says
> It's not like we each pay half of the rent and call it a day
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? You don't have to be roommates with someone to understand that rent is split evenly between the people living in the house with children exempt.
>>
>>5666064
She's a sous chef, we pool our funds and set up direct deposit for our bills, and we don't really go on dates. Our weekends are recently spent playing Dark Souls III.

She doesn't tell me what I can and can't buy, she can give her opinion and I can choose to disregard it, but disregarding it because 'muh manliness' is just not how it goes in a mature relationship. You can tell yourself you've got it locked down just because you and your girlfriend pretty much live separate lives, but when you decide to become a family unit, get a dog, move into a house, that kind of stuff, you'll learn that you don't just go out and spend $400 because you want something. I already said I can afford it, but your way of thinking just doesn't apply to my life, and now you're attacking me over it?

>>5666102
Again, it's not about not being able to afford it, it's just something you don't do. Recently due to some roadworks, I ran over some shit in the road on my way home and burst 2 tires, and the wear on the other 2 was enough that I pretty much had to buy 4 tires. You act like having money reserved for shit like this is a bad thing. And with the whole cucked/black thing, you're just entering meme territory now. Do you even have anything relevant to say on the matter?

>Why? As long as your pay your share of the bills and she pays hers, who gives a fuck what you spend your money on.
We obviously both give a fuck and neither you nor your partner do. I say to you again, our relationship being different doesn't make it stupid or illogical.

>What is there to talk about? Do your wages go directly into her bank account or something?
Joint account. You'll learn what there is to talk about when life throws some expensive curveballs at you. You can do the whole "hey it's your car that broke, you fix it" and try call it a relationship but when it enters the next level, you'll just learn that that's not really how it works anymore. (continued, because damn.)
>>
>>5666124
>and went on about some fantasy ideal marriage
That was my attempt to refute it. You being reductionist doesn't change that.
>because it sounds like anon pays for everything
Where does he imply that at all and why are you assuming that?
>>
File: 1407467357449.jpg (179 KB, 1241x811) Image search: [Google]
1407467357449.jpg
179 KB, 1241x811
>>5666118
>>5666124

This thread just looped back into a completely different greentext Q&A thread.
Fascinating.
>>
>>5666127
You keep saying 'our relationship being different doesn't make it stupid or illogical' but then go on to say
>but disregarding it because 'muh manliness' is just not how it goes in a mature relationship.
Who are you to define what a 'mature' relationship is?

If anything, your relationship is immature, having to ask permission to buy things you want like some preschooler asking to use the bathroom.
>>
>>5666129
Good point, I won't continue my post, cuck anon withdrawing.
>>
I can't wait for Mafex Batman!!
>>
>>5666141
Wait are you the cuck or the one calling him a cuck?
>>
>>5666163
I am the cuck. The argument clearly isn't going to go anywhere so there's no point in me further derailing the thread.
>>
>>5665584
>A toy you love
Figma Crystal Bowie
>A toy you hate
Neca AvP xeno warrior. His legs fell off again when I went to repose him recently. Terribly designed.
Figma band of the hawk Guts for 4k yen, I thought it was pretty decent in today's aftermarket
>A toy you overpaid for
Paid late tax on most of my figmas.
9K for Satbatz Knight stung a bit, but he came with a shit load of accessories so I was happy with my purchase.
>The last toy you got
Figma Motoko (movie version)
Can't remember, probably figma Samus or some sort of Star Wars toy.
None of them are really sentimental, I like them all for different reasons.
>The biggest toy you own
Neca Alien Queen
Neca facehugger
I have a feeling I'll eventually get into 1/6 scale, right now I want figma Berserker armor and Black Swordsman Guts but I would love the RAH Guts.
>>
>>5665584
Are you the same guy who made the census thread?
>>
>>5666118
>Found the burger flipper
If I admit you're right will you give me a job?
>>
>>5665802
I just meant the first toy that got you into collecting.

>>5666206
Nope

>>5666187
You shouldn't have replied in the first place. Not sure why you gave such long winded answers to someone who was clearly trolling you.
>>
>>5666384
Some people were trolling him, I wasn't.

I genuinely wanted to know why he thought it was okay to let someone else control how he spends the money he earns. Seems like a sad existence in my opinon.
>>
>>5665584
>A toy you love
Nendoroid Kirby
>A toy you hate
Marvel Select Deadpool
Either SHMA Rodan for 30$ or Black Series TIE Fighter for 60$
>A toy you overpaid for
NECA Ultimate Freddy
>The last toy you got
Mattel Stay Puft
NECA Gordon Freeman as a gift from a friend. Figma Ika Musume for myself.
TOMY Totodile
>The biggest toy you own
Black Series TIE Fighter
Ant-Man if you count accessories. Otherwise probably a TOMY pokemon fig.
Cloverfield Monster
>>
>>5665584
>A toy you love
LCBH Judge Death.
>A toy you hate
RAH Casshan. It's 20 years old and Medicom so I was expecting some shit but the arms were literally not secured at all. It's got these weird forearm covering glove things for some reason, which the original design didn't have, instead of just white hands so I guess there was some adhesive attaching them to the arms that wore off. Either way it sucks because it actually looks really good.
Got a 1/12 3A Caeser for $40 and a brisk walk because I found out some guy in a BST group lived in the same town as me.
>A toy you overpaid for
Figuarts Luke. I regret it because the whole figuarts Star Wars thing was just flavor of the month for me, and not to sound like subjectanon but it really was an underwhelming figure for me.
>The last toy you got
A revo-something 3-3/4'' Eva 4 from the BST. Fun figure for a pretty good price.
I randomly collected weaboo figurines on and off for a while before getting into figures so I'm not sure where I'd draw the line.
A Discovery Channel stuffed white tiger from when I was like 2. I got it as a gift from when I got my tonsils out. Used to be able to roar when you pressed its ear but that stopped working like a decade ago.
>The biggest toy you own
I think all my 1/6s are around 12'', so one of them. Maybe my Junglevet.
I guess the aformentioned Eva 4.
Art Figures Dredd.
>>
>A toy you love
Recently, Legends Ghost Rider, Black Series OT Trooper
>A toy you hate
BTS Sonicron
Off the top of my head, like 20 Marvel Selects for $20, Figma Yukari for $30, the black Perfect Effect SFX for free
>A toy you overpaid for
Too many. $100 each for SHF Kickhopper, SHF Skull, the CCJJ double pack.. the list goes on
>The last toy you got
ML Black Panther and Black Series Scout Trooper/Bike
Minimates Iron Man, Henkei Optimus
G1 Soundwave
>The biggest toy you own
Sentinel Megazarak
Probably some version of Ant-Man
BAF Giant-Man from the new Civil War wave. He was my favorite part of the movie. I need the head and right leg and I really don't want to buy Cap and Red Guardian.
>>
> Love
As silly as they are I am in love with the design of my Monster 500 Crockpot figure. I honestly wish the line had flourished.
> Hate
I don't care for NECA's Ghost Face figure, the articulation is a fucking mystery.
> Good Deal
LJN Miss Elizabeth figure in good condition for $1 at a flea market last year
> Overpaid for
First run Strawberry Shortcake that I knew was overpriced, but had to have.
> Last Toy I Got
My most recent purchase was a few dozen pose skeletons
> First Adult Purchase
$5 for about 65 classic ponies that only needed a good cleaning. Got all of the aquatic line too which was a favorite.
> Special Significance
Skull Shores Ghoulia was the first toy my now husband had ever purchased me, so she will always mean a lot.
> Biggest Toy
Goolliope is currently my largest toy as I don't tend to go crazy or have space for larger pieces.
> Smallest Toy
I haven't measured but it is either from my Slime Sludge packets or it is a Trash Pack figure
> A Toy I Want but Don't Have
Without a doubt a Fearsome Flush from the Ghostbusters Classic Ghosts line. It isn't something I ever think to look online for, but always hope I will stumble across when I am at the flea market.
>>
File: review_htsupes_5.jpg (90 KB, 500x753) Image search: [Google]
review_htsupes_5.jpg
90 KB, 500x753
>A toy you love
Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman. Not a dedicated HT collector and I'm not the biggest realism fan, but all things considered just looking at it on my shelf everyday just feels right and almost reassuring.

>A toy you hate
Transformers movie 1 Armorhide. This made me severely reconsider just buying Transfomers. Its such a bad figure and I only bought it because I could never find Bumblebee in stores for months(yes there was a time where that actually happened)

SRC Daizyujin/MMPR Megazord for about $50 on BST when it was justs tarting to jump in price a few months ago

>A toy you overpaid for
Beast Wars Metals Megatron. I was so damn eager to get a new one I paid like $100 for one.

>The last toy you got
I think the last thing I've paid for was Arcadia's YF-19.

I haven't truly stopped collecting since childhood, but as far buying one with a proper paycheck, it was the TRU release of MP Grimlock.

>A lot, but Auto Morphin' Green ranger Tommy from the 5'' Power ranger toys probably got the most play from me as a kid.

The biggest toy you own
Jakk's Pacific Godzilla, probably

Something from the tiny playsets of the 90's. Fittingly corresponding with the last question, its probably a tiny Trendmasters Godzilla.Oor some Microverse stuff

The Armor Plus Samurai Troopers/Ronin warriors, especially Sage of Halo.
>>
>>5666127
>because you and your girlfriend pretty much live separate lives

I dunno, if money isn't even part of the equation and you live, as you call it, "separate lives", then staying together seems to me more easily genuine.

After all, what other reason would there be for anon's girlfriend to even stay if it's not his company? She doesn't win or lose otherwise by leaving him.
>>
>>5665584
>A toy you love
I really enjoy my Chogokin Eva Unit 00.
>A toy you hate
My DCC Deathstroke fell the fuck apart in some annoying ways and the articulation wasn't as good as it should've been.
Uh, I paid ~20 bucks for all three Season Tsuu Akibarangers in an HLJ sale.
>A toy you overpaid for
I paid $60 for the aforementioned Chogokin. I think I could get it for closer to 30 or 40 on Manda, but I was impatient.
>The last toy you got
Marvel Select Ultron and Revo Mk VII. Very happy with both, thankfully.
As an "adult"? Fuck I'm not sure. I started really collecting as a teenager with some Generations Transformers, though I didn't start other lines until I got a PAK Robin.
I still have some of my Armada Minicons from way back.
>The biggest toy you own
Probably the Superbase Armada Optimus. Missing most of the extra parts, but Super OP is large.
A Lego piece?
The Akibaranger Figuarts/Chogokin car robot with a name I can't recall is something of a grail.
>>
>>5666384
you're the saddest experience here getting rused this much
which sounds more pathetic? The guy being treated like dirt or the stranger obsessing over the other mans quality of life
>>
>>5665584
>Love
DIO SAS
>Hate
Funko Legacy Collection MTG figures
>Good Deal
Got the Killer Queen SAS for $35, as opposed to like $75
>Overpaid
Can't think of one.
>Last Toy You Got
Most recent Venom that Marvel Legends has put out
>First Toy
Revoltech Mass Produce Eva
Our first Christmas together my Fiance got me the Agent Venom Marvel Legends. Favorite marvel character, favorite figure
>Biggest
That General Grievous bionicle thing. Fucker's huge.
>Smallest
These little chibi godzilla things. Real cute.
>Want but don't have
The World and Star Platinum SAS
>>
>>5665924
Good on you for listening to your wife man
Don't be like those fucks who actively lie to their partners to cover their league habbits or whatever the fuck.
>>
>A toy you love
AGP Atago, too cute
>A toy you hate
Neca Dante. worst engineering I've seen
SHF Cure Heart
>A toy you overpaid for
SAS Joseph (green) fuck medicos
>The last toy you got
SHF Decade
Neca Raziel
Revoltech Raiden. hated revoltech but this one is great.
>The biggest toy you own
SAS Ajin. if articulated only
DMC trading figures
too many to list
>>
>A toy you love
Marvel Legends Hobgobin Wave Daredevil
>A toy you hate
NECA Hong Kong Brawl Gypsy Danger
Nendoroid Mio Akiyama for 2,180 JPY
>A toy you overpaid for
Figma Drossel Charming for $131 (still love her though)
>The last toy you got
Marvel Legends Man-Thing
Cu-Poche Madoka Kaname
I don't know that any of them really have any notable significance to me
>The biggest toy you own
Joyride Halo 2 Teal Elite
Mega Bloks Halo Grunt
Polynian Shamrock and Clover. I have the grey recolors preordered but I still regret missing out on their original colors due to lack of funds at the time.
>>
>>5666761
Nobody said anything about lying to anyone, what we were saying is keep your expenses separate and don't let others tell you what you can do with your money.

Joint accounts are an idiotic way for someone who shouldn't see your money to see what you do with it.
>>
>>5667992
He wasn't responding to that argument.
>>
File: Sewn.jpg (24 KB, 340x400) Image search: [Google]
Sewn.jpg
24 KB, 340x400
>>5665584
>Love
Dead Space SDCC, my first exclusive
>Hate
Revoltech Midas IM, false advertising
>Good Deal
Kaiyodo EVA 01, got him for like 10 bucks
>Overpaid
3A Medic
>Last one
Figuarts body kun
>First toy
Adult: R2D2 with sounds, dont know the line.
>Significance
Boba fett vintage, Saw a neckbeard hiding something behind dolls and there it was, double whammy because i do really like BF.
>Biggest
Syntethic Human
>Smallest
Pokemon maybe? a couple of minimates.
>Want
Joey Ramone NECA
>>
File: children.gif (2 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
children.gif
2 MB, 320x213
>>5666127
Either you are:
a.falling for bait
b.trying to talk sense to internet "men"

Let them live in their alpha world were everything works as it should.
>>
>>A toy you love
Metamor-Force Dancouga
>>A toy you hate
Perfect Effect Leonidas
>>A toy you got a good deal for
S.H. Figuarts Alphamon
>>A toy you overpaid for
Figma Berserker Armor Guts (though he's still awesome)
>>The last toy you got
Robot Spirits Crossbone X-1 Kai (Full Action Ver.) [got it today :D]
>>The first toy you got as an adult
Can barely remember... Figma Link?
>>A toy that has special significance to you
Figma Mikasa
>>The biggest toy you own
Threezero Lost Planet 2 Drio
>>The smallest toy you own
Lost Planet 2 Waysider Femme
>>A toy you want but don't have
Metal Build Destiny Gundam [Heine Custom]
>>
>>5665584
>A toy you love
Robot Damashii Eva Unit 01
>A toy you hate
Figuarts Love Live
Any of them. Biggest piece of shit I ever bought
$43 for blue SAS Killer Queen.
Thanks to a bro in the SAS general/BST
>A toy you overpaid for
SHF Master Asia
I preordered after seeing my favorite Gundam series finally getting figures, I didn't expect him to bargain bin so hard
>The last toy you got
Figuarts Kamen Rider Chaser
Its on its way
Marvel Select Rhino
It was a birthday gift from my brother
I still have various Zords from my childhood
>The biggest toy you own
Galactus BAF? Maybe?
I have some Marvel Universe figures lying around
Tamashii Spec Eva 01
I have 00 and 02 and beast mode, I just need to finish the set
>>
>>5665584
A toy you love
S.H figuarts battle droid. I praise it every chance I get and adore it, its pretty much the only figure I constantly find myself admiring and posing almost everyday and I would very much like more than one.

A toy you hate
Pretty much every doctor who figure I have; they can barely hold even the most basic of poses and have the most bland articulation ever and they fall over easily.

A toy you got a good deal for
the figma Pyramid head! thanks to you guys I got it REALLY cheap for a limited time.

A toy you overpaid for
Doctor who crap. I really really liked classic cybermen back when the figures were fresh.

The last toy you got
figma pyramid head but revoltech felyne is on the way followed by two of the mgs2 guards eventually.

The first toy you got as an adult
I think it was 3 pack classic revenge of the cybermen boxed set.

for now the figuarts battle droid as it is my first real taste of a decent figure that is worth its price and more.

The biggest toy you own
A melynx plush

The smallest toy you own
lego darth vader and emperor

A toy you want but don't have
I really want a Robbie the rabbit figma and human silent hill figure and a fatguy figure.
>>
>>5665584
>A toy you love
Masters of the Universe Classics Skeletor. I've always wanted a Skeletor and was gonna get the 200X version until I found out there was a updated figure based off of the original 80s toy design.
>A toy you hate
Sprukits, all of them. Limited articulation, tiny, and poor colored parts separation, especially when compared to BoJ Figuerise 1/12 line that came out around the same time.
ThreeA 1/12 Junglevet Ankouh. Got it for $25 from a guy who was downsizing his ThreeA collection and was getting rid of the retail releases first. I'll also add the WWRportable Rothchild Internal Security set since I got that for $100 with shipping.

Getting the entire Lego Throwbots/Slizer line for less than $80 also comes to mind.
>A toy you overpaid for
Figuarts Mashin Chaser and Ride Chaser, although I justify it with having to pay for the Midnight Shadow freebies when other lots with the same price at the time didn't have them.
>The last toy you got
HG Ryusei-Go with some accessory packs from my roommate. He's been getting me to watch anime, even if we both agree IBO isn't very good.
MOTUC Skeletor
HGAC Wing Gundam. That was the first kit/toy that made me start taking my collection fairly seriously. Also Beast Wars Nightglider; it's one of the few toys in my current collection that I have that I still play with like I'm 7 years old.
>The biggest toy you own
Monster High Gooliope. Only got it because it's 17 inches tall. It's a fun desk toy, honestly.
Some ThreeA miniature Caesars I got with that Junglevet Ankouh. Only their arms move.
Neca Illidan and Figma Bubble Head Nurse.
>>
>>5668142
howcome you dont get the figma bubble head nurse? its been going cheap for ages now.
>>
>>5666423
>MS Deadpool

Why? ive seen it cheap on amazon but never bought it, can you elaborate?
>>
>>5668356

Not that anon but let me guess why they hate it
>Hips, elbows and ankles are shit
Am i right?
>>
>>5668356
It's not so much that I hate it, but it's one of the few figures that I actually regret buying so I couldn't think of anything else to put for that question.

I got it just for the sake of having a Deadpool since at the time I wasn't sure if we'd ever get a new ML. It's not something I can hold against the figure, but I don't like the scale of MS since I can't pose him with other characters very well. Mostly I was disappointed with his articulation. It's a bit awkward and he always looks stiff.

On the bright side, he comes with some neat weapon accessories. Though his base is pretty crummy. It's kinda warped and the peg holes for his feet aren't very secure.
>>
>>5668145
I didn't know it existed until recently. Even then, it wasn't a priority until my roommate lent me his Silent Hill collection after the most recent update on "Kojima making new games" thing.
>>
>>5665584
>A toy you love
NECA Ultimate Jason Voorhees

>A toy you hate
Marvel Legends Ant-Man. The joints were so tight and the pegs were so rubbery that it snapped on me at the biceps

ROML Wave 1 Thor. Found him for $5 at a grocery store

>A toy you overpaid for
Marvel Legends Ghost Rider

>The last toy you got
NECA Ultimate T-1000

I can't remember...there really hasn't been a time where I'm not collecting

Revoltech white Raiden
It was a gift from an old friend who I had a falling out with somewhat recently

>The biggest toy you own
Marvel Universe Galactus

Probably a LEGO minifigure

Vulcanlog Venom Snake. Planning on getting him when I can
>>
File: iphone case.jpg (123 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
iphone case.jpg
123 KB, 600x306
This thread is hilarious with people telling others that no one should decide for them what to do with their money and then angrily telling them what they should do with their money.

And really, considering how /toy/ loves preordering shit based on hype and the fact there's a fucking BST full of toys that are only months/weeks old, you guys can't be trusted to handle your own money.
>>
>A toy you love
Bruce Lee - S.H.Figuarts

>A toy you hate
DC Batman the animated series figures

Marvel Legends McFarlane Spider man 6" inch Action Figure Spiderman - got him for 25 cents

>A toy you overpaid for
Figma Charming Drossel even though I really like her.

>The last toy you got
five nights at freddy's figures

I think it was the Marvel legengs Sentinel Series

Figma Samus, my wife got it for me supporting my habit lol

>The biggest toy you own
either Toy Biz Spider-Man 2 18 inch figure, or The Matrix Sentinel.

Figure of BMO

Gravity Daze - Kitten - Figma #SP-064
>>
File: IMG_20150429_154047.jpg (86 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150429_154047.jpg
86 KB, 1024x1024
>A toy you love
Pepsiman
>A toy you hate
ML 3 Pack Nick Fury
Lot of 6 Revoltech for $30
>A toy you overpaid for
SHF Kylo Ren $69
>The last toy you got
SHF Body Kun
Tough to remember, probably an ML
ML Spiderman 2099, first figure my gf bought me as a gift.
>The biggest toy you own
Both of the Hotline Miami figures
The tiny ML Antman
Shocker Toys SCUD
>>
>>5668920
Do you know if those scented Pepsiman figures still smell like pepsi? I want one but I'm afraid it's aged or something.
>>
>>5668925
It actually smelled more like cherry soda when I opened mine. But the smell fades pretty quickly, you can only really smell it if you hold it like straight up to your nose after a week.
>>
>>5668920
Pepsiman is such an odd figure. His articulation is so basic, but he makes the absolute most of it and poses pretty damn well.
>>
>>5666127
don't listen to haters.
you've got a very nice balance in your life between having fun and being responsible.
it's not something anybody can do, but l think that in the long run your relationship may turn up better than their.

also, most of them can't even understand the difference between being commanded and being responsible together.

personally if l got married l'd keep a shared account and a personal (not secret one). l want to be responsible, while being free to do some shopping without feeling guilty ahah
>>
>>5668489
...collection........you didnt play silent hill 2 and 3 first time on the hd collection...did you!?
>>
>>5665584

>A toy you love
Figma Link
>A toy you hate
Revoltech Eva01
Figma Guts Band of the Hawks ver.
>A toy you overpaid for
So many
>The last toy you got
Like 6 figmas together
Samus figma
My Mario Chess set
>The biggest toy you own
A Giant Warrior Figma
Revo Danbo
Idk, srsly
>>
>A toy you love
Sentinel Black Getter
>A toy you hate
D-Arts Mewtwo, Robot Damashii L-Gaim Mk II is a close second.
The medicom demon mask from Devilman off amazon for 30$.
>A toy you overpaid for
That recent exclusive Revoltech Eva 04
>The last toy you got
Medicom 1972 Devilman + Stylish Collection Akira Fudo
Transformers Animated Deluxe Soundwave
The Re: Cutie Honey limited figure.
>The biggest toy you own
Romando EX Prisman
Small figure of Iggy from jojo I got off ebay.
SAS Okuyasu
>>
>>5669350
No, it was a literal collection of the games, not the HD collection.
>>
File: 1452902279537.jpg (728 KB, 1280x1819) Image search: [Google]
1452902279537.jpg
728 KB, 1280x1819
>A toy you love
SHF SS Kuuga
>A toy you hate
figma Motoko (hate is a bit strong, but she's just so dull looking and the face sculpt is nearly featureless)
SAS Okuyasu (¥3,000 when the exchange rate was better)
>A toy you overpaid for
SAS Wham (decent figure, but this one has stuck joints and a paint issue)
>The last toy you got
Lego Carbon Freezing Chamber
Revo Eva Mass Production
My first minifig that was my sigifig as a kid
>The biggest toy you own
Big vinyl Goji
Chibi Ideon gashapon
At this point, WF SAS Jonathan Joestar is probably at the top of the list.
>>
>>5669810
so what do you think! got a favorite? finished any of them? I played them all this year and I got to say I think the first is strangely my favorite game which I did not expect at all!!
>>
>>5665584
>A toy you love
Binaltech Hound.
>A toy you hate
The entire Bayformers line.
G1 TM Hotrod, in a lot of random TFs for $40. This was before the reissues, when an unbroken Hotrod was fairly expensive.
>A toy you overpaid for
MP7 Thundercracker. I just missed it and then it was sold out and climbing. Ended up paying $175 because I wanted it unstickered and almost everybody stickered them before cashing out.
>The last toy you got
FT Perceptor. I didn't make enough at NJCC to really justify it but I hate to leave a toy show empty handed.
Technically, probably the PM Optimus Prime reissue.
GoBots Turbo. "Speed is if the Essence" is my favorite episode too.
>The biggest toy you own
Brave Maximus or the Mattel subscription Voltron.
WSTF Sideswipe and Soundwave.
GoBots Snoop. Just never got around to getting those last few relatively rare GoBots.
>>
>>5670064
I found the first one to be a lot of fun. The rest were okay. Really wish I could have played the PT for Silent Hills.

I think I'll add Pyramid Head to the list of toys I want.
>>
>>5670125
>A toy you love
Marvel Legends Ben Reilly Spider-Man
>A toy you hate
TF Prime Airachnid
PAK D-Dog
>A toy you overpaid for
Chogokin Charming Drossel
>The last toy you got
Marvel Legends Superior Spider-Man
Bendy Prime
A rainbow colored teddy bear that was given to my mum as a baby shower present while she was pregnant with me, hes been with me all these years.
>The biggest toy you own
MG Perfect Zeong
Various Star Wars Micro Machines, the pilots are the smallest.
>>
Love :
Monsterarts Biollante
Hate:
Neca Knife head #1
Good Deal:
2 Monsterarts Aliens Warriors for $35
Paid too Much:
Resaurus Dinosaur figure complete collection $300
Last Toy I got:
JP Compound playset
Biggest Toy:
Neca Balrog LOTR
Smallest Toy:
Mini Vrex from Kong movie
Still want to get:
Monsterarts and Figuarts that have been revealed but not released yet.
>>
>love
X-23 Variant Toy Biz Apocalipse serie. I really love that figure. Accidentally I broke the first I had and took me six years to find another.
>hate
No one.
>good deal
Marvel legends Black Cat only for $10.
>overpaid
Myth Clth Pandora, the most expensive figure than I got.
>The last
Movie Ant-man.
>as an adult
I don't remember. I buy my own figures since I was 8 years old.
>special significance
I have several and for different reasons, for example X-23 variant, werewolf wolverine or my 4 original 80's TMNT. Idon't know.
>The biggest
The Mask. It's taller than Galactus.
>The smallest
Mini ant-man. Although I think it is rather an accessory and not a figure.
>want but don't have
Spider-Gwen.
>>
>A toy you love
SOC GaoGaiGar, Hexatron
>A toy you hate
CW Legends Groove, what a piece of shit
$40 for SIC Kamen Rider ZX, $130 for TFC Hercules w/ addon. I truly thank you, BST.
>A toy you overpaid for
Marvel Select Carnage for like $55, and then he got a rerelease not long after
>The last toy you got
Quakeblast
Cybertron Sideways I think, he got me into collecting TFs, he just looked cool
WoN Metroid, I've been a Metroid fan since the original, could never find the WoN toy, gf got it for me for my bday
>The biggest toy you own
Generations Metroplex
probably a Lego minifig
Sentinel Black Getter and Detonator Orgun
>>
>>5665584
>A toy you love
Figuarts Broly
>A toy you hate
That I own? none in particular. the most disappointing would have to be the ML Classic Captain America.
I got the 2014 Monsterarts Godzilla for $45 and Android 16 for $38. both on amazon
>A toy you overpaid for
Hulkbuster Baf I tried saving money by buying the pieces without the figures (except iron man and war machine. I wanted them), but I only saved a couple bucks at most.
>The last toy you got
Pretty sure it was Neca Kratos
24 inch NECA Godzilla 2014
none, really
>The biggest toy you own
Neca Godzilla
66 action Vegeta and Trunks
Marvel Select Carnage
>>
>>5665584
>Love
Marvel Legends Pizza Spider-Man
>Hate
World of Nintendo Star Fox
>Good deal
Bandai vinyl of Suika-Idom ($10)
>Overpaid
SDCC 2012 Lego Bizzaro and Captain Marvel ($75 for each of them)
>Last toy you got
FNaF Mystery Mini Mangle
>First toy
Marvel Universe Rhino
Tomy Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligator
Dad bought them for me online around the time G/S were released, still have them and love them
>Biggest
Trendmasters Godzilla (that's around 10")
>Smallest
some Mighty Max figure, have a few of them
>Want but don't have
Bandai vinyl of Titanosaurus (re-release never)
>>
File: Wasnt worth it.jpg (530 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
Wasnt worth it.jpg
530 KB, 1067x800
>A toy you love
SAS Kars
>A toy you hate (like in general or one I own? if the latter)
Neca 1st edition Striker Eureka which is the definition of trash
D-Arts Blastoise
>A toy you overpaid for
Figma Strength TV version
>The last toy you got
World of Nintendo Bowser Jr.
>The first toy you got as an adult.
Robot Spirits Hyaku Shiki
Designers edition WarGreyMon and MetalGarurumon.
>The biggest toy you own
Not including statues or Kits, Neca Cherno Alpha
PlayStation 20th anniversary PS2
ES Gokin Yattarou (Speedy Cerviche)
>>
File: tako meko.jpg (313 KB, 2564x1709) Image search: [Google]
tako meko.jpg
313 KB, 2564x1709
>A toy you love
SOC GOGAIGAR

>A toy you hate
Composite Ver.Ka Fei-Yen Miku

ML Pizza Spiderman

>A toy you overpaid for
SAS Joseph WF Part 2

>The last toy you got
World of Nintendo Metroid

Marvel Legends Spiral

Figuarts MKVI
It broke during an earthquake and a a good friend helped me replace it the same year.

>The biggest toy you own
Deluxe Supertrain Megazord/ BAF Sentinel

PE-11 SFX Scouting Force X
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.