[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power Rangers villain figures?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 81FfzfVbZRL._SL1500_.jpg (395 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81FfzfVbZRL._SL1500_.jpg
395 KB, 1500x1500
Are any of these worth picking up? I see them and I'm impressed with the selection and the sculpts look pretty decent and easily touched up with some paint, but they don't seem too consistent across the line. Someone recently posted some MOC ones here saying they lacked play value, but my karate bugmen need some people to beat up and these look like decent options at quick glance. I assume someone here has better insight than me though
>>
They're a little out of scale with pretty much all karate bugmen aren't they?

I have noticed a lack of sales on the PR figures this season unless I'm just not paying enough attention. I thought I remembered them having an occasional sale at Target or TRU like Mega Bloks sometime has.
>>
>>5659518
>They're a little out of scale with pretty much all karate bugmen aren't they?

I assume, but most of the ones I've looked at appear to be crouching to fit into the bubble, and I think a small scale difference would be easy enough to ignore in action poses.
>>
I think there is about a half inch difference between the figures and SHF. It's just enough to be aggravating but I think if you pose them right it should look decent.

I wonder if the figures would look better with a more professional paint job like someone showed with some G.I. Joe stuff a month or so. ago.
>>
File: 20151011_021633.jpg (128 KB, 1826x1148) Image search: [Google]
20151011_021633.jpg
128 KB, 1826x1148
PR:Samurai to Megaforce are a little over 4"
Super Megaforce onwards are 5" scale. Now they don't really scale with anything.

Articulation leaves much to be desired but they are still better than Mattel or Playmate's equivalents.
Sculpt is chunky and MUSCLES....but sharp. On villains, almost every detail is replicated.
Accessory count is decent, they usually includes all gear relevant to the character.
Paintjob is really SHARP. It's partly thanks to the simple design of the characters but they really slap on the paint when they need to.

I stopped collecting after they jumped to 5", but if you are okay with the scale, I'd recommend them. Out of all the cheapo-shit-for-kids lines offered between BoA/Mattel/Playmates, BoA's are the best.
>>
They are generally a little short next to SHFs but the one in OP, Snide, is on the tall side for this line. He's taller than any of the other villains and almost as big as the old pre-2010 PR figures.
>>
Not OP but cool to hear. He is definitely one of the cooler looking ones. Too bad they probably won't put Neo-Grifforzer in the line. Maybe we'll get a similarly large Talon (Deathryuger) Ranger out of it before the line goes kaput.
>>
>Goldar SHF never
>>
File: DinoChargeScale.jpg (302 KB, 1069x793) Image search: [Google]
DinoChargeScale.jpg
302 KB, 1069x793
Here's SHF Gokai Red with Dino Charge Red and Snide. As long as you're keeping the monsters in action poses, they should be close enough.

Just know the monster articulation is not uniformed and range from 3 points to 13. Fury is still probably the best of them with Bones being the worst.
>>
>>5659745
This is exactly the kinda information I wanted to know

Any other recommendations of which to pickup of avoid?
>>
>>5659914
Snide was a huge disappointment. Fury is best. I also like Sledge a fair bit. He can do a lot less than Fury but he`s still a pretty fun figure. The rest I don`t own.
>>
>>5659914
I really like Puzzler just because he's so odd looking. Sledge is a big chunky guy that moves pretty decently. Fury's great. Stingrage is good but it's really obvious he's missing a lot of paint.

The only one I was really disappointed with was Bones. He's got some nice paint work but he's basically a statue.
>>
File: Puzzler_SLD.jpg (90 KB, 708x611) Image search: [Google]
Puzzler_SLD.jpg
90 KB, 708x611
i wanted to get puzzler, but they didnt give him ball shoulders for some reason
>>
I only have RoboGoat.
>>
The old 5'' figures from the 90's actually work decently with the Figuarts, too. They're a bit more chunky than the new ones so even if they aren't quite as tall as they should be, the mass helps sell the look.

If I ever start doing my own toys as a company, one of the things I'd love to do would be original, toku-style monsters in a 6'' scale with good articulation. I love those monster designs; I hope there'd be a market for it even if they aren't official monsters.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.