[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest. As an adult (18+) have you ever purchased a kids meal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
Be honest. As an adult (18+) have you ever purchased a kids meal for the toy? Which one was it? Did you lie and say it was for a child?
>>
of course

too many to remember

of course not, literally nobody asks why you are buying a kids meal
>>
Oh sure. It's how I got the Bunnymund figure and...oh, what was it...something else recently...
>>
>>5657583
And on the rare chance they do you can just say it's for your wife's son.
>>
>>5657563
Just buy it in the drive thru and you're saved from any awkwardness in the safety of your vehicle.
>>
>>5657563
Yes. I dont care what other people think of me. There are people that buy happy meals just to sell the toys some years later on ebay new and unopened.
>>
>>5657563
I did for my gf. The peanuts ones.
>>
>>5657612
and they make tens of dollars in profit doing so.
>>
Why would you want these? has there ever been happy meal toys worth getting?

This is Winslow Schott tier collecting.
this is pleb of pleb shit here. you need a pleb drill to pierce the pleb heavens and reach a new stratossphere of plebdom.
>>
No. You can buy the toys separately.
I order normal food and ask them to add on a toy if I want something.
it's pretty fucking standard a coworker that used to work at mcds says people come daily just to buy toys.
>>
File: Ridin Dirty.jpg (39 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Ridin Dirty.jpg
39 KB, 960x720
>>5657563
yes, yes I have.
>>
>>5657652
>This is Winslow Schott tier collecting.

>it's only a good collection if each piece costs $50 or more

and I thought the assholes who prefer vinyl records over MP3s were snobs.
>>
>>5657704
McD's worker here. It is pretty common for people to ask for a toy. Can confirm that nobody cares except for newbies who think it's weird but we just tell them to get over it.
>>
>>5657712
>and I thought the assholes who prefer vinyl records over MP3s were snobs.

There are legitimate reasons for this but it's pretty clear you're too dumb to bother explaining it
>>
>>5657712
>it's only a good collection if each piece costs $50 or more

That's not even what I implied. however these are Happy Meal Toys.
Just find me one that's neat, quality or worth owning, and not simply a hoarder's knee jerk reaction impulse buy.
>>
>>5657563
I like buying some of the pokemon ones. another thing is, i always find these kinds of toys in swap meets, especially the mcdonalds ones.
>>
Dude all new McDonald's toys are shit tier
>>
File: blog-toaster-9857.jpg (40 KB, 1200x923) Image search: [Google]
blog-toaster-9857.jpg
40 KB, 1200x923
Does anyone know the exact size of the triangle screws they use on these figures? I need to unscrew those and custom some of mine for a little experiment
>>
>>5657563
Yes
Mario
No, I'm not autistic enough to pretend it was for someone else, let alone stay long enough to strike conversation.
>I'd like a happy meal please
>that will be one pound ninety nine
>thank you
>>
>>5657893

a flathead will work in those if you get the right size. beats the need for a custom screwdriver
>>
burger king had care bear toys a while back.. not the shitty plastic ones they had recently but they had little plush toy keychains. I went thru there and got all 4 toys. didnt give a fuck. nobody will question adults buying happy meals since most KIDS wont be driving a car thru the drive thru....

pic related, I think they came out in 2005
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (325 KB, 1063x1600) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
325 KB, 1063x1600
>>5658007

shit forgot the pic
>>
>>5657997
i have a bunch of flatheads and none of them worked because of the gaps. ive tried crossheads before, and those make it worse
>>
>>5658052
just get a robertson (square bit) and file down one side until it becomes a triangle
>>
>be fat boy
>go to mcdonalds
>order double big mac meal with double quarter pounder on size. Fries and iced tea.
>waiting
>waiting
>car behind me starts honking constantly
>hear guy call me fatass and to quit ordering the whole menu.
>park car to eat my sadness away
>car park besides me. Its guy who yelled at me. And hes laughing
>drive home crying.
>>
>>5658074
If you're gonna eat your sadness away, at least don't do it at McDonald's. In order for you to feel good about yourself, you've gotta take care of you - inside and out. That food is poison in moderation.
>>
>>5658083
He thinks greentext stpries are real
>>
was a star wars mini lightsaber and a bag with a kids meal, really needed the bag and ate too much popcorn so win win
>>
>>5658087
They very well could be, you never know.
>>
Um, no? Who likes happy meal toys? They are shit.
>>
>>5658117

check out this newfag
>>
>>5657587
Epicly memed friendo
>>
>>5657893
I don't know the size, but if I remember correctly the triwing screwdrivers they sell to open GameBoy and DS stuff fits them.
>>
File: 8920640.jpg (31 KB, 377x500) Image search: [Google]
8920640.jpg
31 KB, 377x500
>>5657563
When did this come out?
>>
>>5657563
Anon, think about what you're asking.

You're wondering if someone who works at McDonalds will judge you and your life decisions.

Anywho, this toy was fucking awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTsw0MsateQ
>>
File: 2958247-pokemon.jpg (136 KB, 1078x630) Image search: [Google]
2958247-pokemon.jpg
136 KB, 1078x630
I asked for these a couple months ago.
>>
>>5657563
I have bought many happy meals for the toys. Lately, they haven't really had anything worth getting.
I went on a superbinge (buying one happy meal for every meal) when they did the Neopets plushes, but they would also let me buy them separately for $1. I didn't mind paying the extra .99 for the babby fries and burger, though. I also took my sister's spawn/coworker's spawn out for happy meals and swap plushies because they were too young at the time to care.

For the second round of Neopets toys, I was dating a McDonald's manager and got freebies and the display. I still have it somewhere.

Most recently was some MLP for my gaylord nephew that was too embarrassed to get it.
>>
>>5658734
>Primal Groudon
>Primal Kyogre
>regular Rayquaza
>>
It helps to have a buddy - a fellow /toy/ soldier or something - who also wants the toy that lives nearby, or that you have the postal address of.

The trick is to go in and order two or even three happy meals at a time. That way, they'll never suspect that they're all for you.
>>
>>5657712
Vinyl has advantages over mp3 if you actually understand how digital sound works.
>>
>>5658007
They had Dog toys that were the same kind of thing.
>>
>>5657738
Balance Sasuke.
>>
File: Prestigious Award.jpg (28 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
Prestigious Award.jpg
28 KB, 409x409
>>5657712
>he doesn't listen to FLAC
>>
No. Only the biggest manchildren would want a literal happy meal toy. I may be a manchild, but I have a tiny inkling of self respect.
>>
Not toys, but I recently asked for the plastic Overwatch cups at Tacobell.
>>
I work at mcd and will take toys I want. we get special boxes that have the whole set "to satisfy customer requests" when the promotion is nearing end and someone needs a specific toy
>>
>>5658714
After BW2 did. that was also the coolest one
>>
>>5657738
Every Happy Meal toy in Asia. Most notably Japan, Taiwan and even the Philippines.
>>
File: McDonalds Land 2b.jpg (316 KB, 916x1632) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds Land 2b.jpg
316 KB, 916x1632
>>5657563
No, because it's not the 90s and Kids meals no longer cost $1.99. Since they cost around $4 to $5 now a days (no matter what kind of kids meal you chose) I just ask for the toy. Pay a dollar and get the fuck out.
>>
>>5658007
>>5658009
I'm fucking jelly of your carebear collection. Keep them safe anon!
>>
>>5658074
Just dine in or take it home and eat it in the comfort of your place. If you're place sucks find a safe place where you know you can't get into any trouble. Just make sure it's not a dark, creepy shady place. You don't wanna get mugged.

Most of the time I just take the food home because I don't like sitting next to loud ass high school teens that always at the table right next to mine to laugh and curse. They never mess with me but THE NOSE does bug me. I also don't like people watch me eating.
>>
File: fjMkFls.png (100 KB, 528x262) Image search: [Google]
fjMkFls.png
100 KB, 528x262
>>5660681
>>
>>5659985
I ask for that fucking customer satisfaction box all the time at all five of my local McD and they always act like they never heard of it or they say n-no sorry we don't have one. I bet they take them home.
>>
File: 1287697236434b.jpg (122 KB, 786x597) Image search: [Google]
1287697236434b.jpg
122 KB, 786x597
>>5660946
>He thinks I understand what this image is supposed to mean without any text along side it
Jokes on you, buddy.
>>
>>5660952

probably... how do you think all those complete sets end up on ebay like a week before the happy meal comes out? people steal them and list like 20 sets. all profit
>>
None for me, but my 70 year old Aunt took me to McDonald's a few times to grab the Peanuts toys when the movies came out.
>>
>>5657563
I did buy a happy meal that time they had pokemon cards.
>>
>>5660954
the joke,
your head

friend
>>
>>5668331
yeah that's pretty much what he said
>>
I work for mcdonalds. I dont give a fuck if you are an adult alone buying a happy meal. I could care less that you just want the toy. I am not interested in hearing a random "its not for me its for my kid"

I
DONT
CARE

just pay for your happy meal and get the fuck out of my line, you overgrown manchild lying sack of fucking shit
>>
>>5657563
>As an adult (18+) have you ever purchased a kids meal for the toy? Which one was it? Did you lie and say it was for a child?

No. if there was a toy at Mc Donald's that I wanted this is what I do:
I go to Mc Donald's and say to the one at the register when they ask me what do I want
"can I get one of those (toy here)" I usually
describe it and point out the one I want to them
and they usually say "just the toy?"
and I say "Yes, please if you don't mind"
and they say "just hold on a second"
and they go over to the bin/box of toys and fish it out of the bin/box and come back and put it on the counter and say "is this what you want?"
and I say "yes" they then press on their touch screen and say "that'll be $2"
I hand them the $2 and leave with the toy.
I don't feel embarrassed or awkward and I don't have to buy anything I don't want
I just go in there buy the toy and leave its as simple as that.
>>
>>5657652
yes Winslow Schott has had Mc Donald's stuff in his hauls. That is just proof that he is the One true Maverick of /toy/! While you fags are debating how to buy these toys with out feeling awkward or worrying about what the person at the counter is going to say. He is out there doing it!
>>
>>5657738
>not simply a hoarder's knee jerk reaction impulse buy.
Personally I don't think winslow schott's stuff is all impulse buys nor do I think he is a hoarder.
I always found that his hauls seem rather meticulous, also some of the stuff I seen him post is worth Thousands of dollars.
>>
I didn't realize how obsessed people were with these happy meal toys until I worked at a McDonalds.
>>
File: 51WVq+43RzL._SY355_.jpg (19 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51WVq+43RzL._SY355_.jpg
19 KB, 355x355
I used to buy happy meals for myself back when they were not complete shit. Nobody ever asked me who I'm buying them for... But in the Disney store they ask it all the time. It's like mandatory for them to strike a conversation when you buy something. Last time I lied about pic related. Told me it was for my nephew, but it was for me... and I'm sleeping with it.
>>
File: Toyman.png (208 KB, 250x485) Image search: [Google]
Toyman.png
208 KB, 250x485
>>5669087
>>5669140
It amazes me how many people don't "get Winslow's thing. He's the "Toyman". He who appreciates toys in all their forms. I appreciate the way he approaches this hobby; I can tell he can enjoy some discount bin $5 toy as well as he would a Hot toys or import figure, which is refreshing.
>>
>>5670000
Minions and horsies, man. Even the movie Smurfs, Peanuts and emojis were quite hot items
>>
File: Mcfug.png (201 KB, 272x370) Image search: [Google]
Mcfug.png
201 KB, 272x370
>>5659306
>>
I have never seen a kool McToy to ever thinking about it.

So no, i havent.
>>
>>5668365

>adult working drive through at mcdonalds
>calling others manchildren

okay
>>
The last ones I remember buying were the Sonic 3 Happy Meal toys in 1994. And at 13 years old, I felt some embarrassment even then.
>>
>>5657563
No, because im from Russia and i ate hamburgers like...2 times during my life. And i didn't even see MCdonalds itself-my mom brought me those from our capital.

No i wouldn't even think of lying. Why would i do that? It's current year. Even 40y/olds collect toys.
That trash food central serves millions of humans every day. I dont think those who sell it would even care about you, because all they care is how shitty their life is.
>>
>>5670045
>It amazes me how many people don't "get Winslow's thing. He's the "Toyman". He who appreciates toys in all their forms. I appreciate the way he approaches this hobby
thanks!
I actually compare myself to Winslow AND Pee Wee Herman.
I just love toys so much. I love the variety of their designs and ideas. Their shapes and forms.

People who collect only 1 character 1 line or 1 specific type of toys, are the biggest plebs to me.
>>
I remember I used to have a happy meal toy that looked like french fries but transformed into a robot or vehicle or somethin. I think there was a burger and shake too
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.