[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /toy/! Would it be likely for Robot Spirits to reissue their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 7.jpg (228 KB, 650x775) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
228 KB, 650x775
Hey, /toy/! Would it be likely for Robot Spirits to reissue their Evangelion line of figures, or should i just buy them at their aftermarket prices?
>>
>>5655812
>Bandai
>Reissues
>Bandai
>Giving a shit about their fans at all
>>
There's a very slim chance that it'll happen when Rebuild 4.0 releases. But Rebuild 4.0 will never release.
>>
Just buy the revoltech
>>
>>5655933

Don't listen to this person, the Revoltechs suck in comparison to the Robot Spirits.
>>
>>5655949
They're decent figures and don't cost rape dollars in the aftermarket.
>>
>>5655949
Don't listen to this person, the Robot Spirits suck in comparison to the Revoltechs.
>>
>>5655812
Basically, bite the bullet now. I waited around for a while hoping for a reissue too, but I ended up getting them over the course of last year. I paid between 50 and 80 each, and don't really regret it because they're pretty great, and it's really unlikely you'll see them again.

The biggest thing to consider is that at this point even if they DID get reissued, the days of 3k yen RDs are long over. They're fairly large for the line, and come with a ton of stuff. If they came out today they'd probably be in the 5-6K neighborhood, and at least one would be exclusive to boot. Scalper prices aren't really that much higher that it's worth waiting for a release that might never come.
>>
>>5655951

Sure they're decent, but they still suck compared to the Robot Spirits as far as sculpt and articulation.

The only problem with the Robot Spirits EVAs is they didn't make all the EVAs.
>>
>>5655959
Oh, also watch out for loose joints. I love them to death, but 2/3rds of mine had problems with loose joints or the shoulder and ankle guards popping off.
>>
>>5655812
I doubt they'll rerelease anything. They didn't even make any 3.0 figures.
>>
>>5655959
00, 03, and Awakened 01 were exclusives. That's half the line.
>>
>>5655963
Sculpt, sure. Articulation, mmm. I think Revoltech wins over RD just because RD breaks up the outer body line with its type of joints i.e. hip joints. Revoltech looks stream lined and natural in pretty much any pose. Also elbow joint on RD is relatively limited.

If Revoltech not your thing though, Kotobukiya kits. Still cheaper than RD right, or have they gone up too?
>>
>>5655953
Said literally no one
>>
>>5655812
lube it up before the price rises even more
>>
>>5656334
This. Revoltechs are shit. Go for the RD.
>>
>>5657040
Said literally no one
>>
>>5657290
Kill yourself troll.
>>
>>5657510

no u
>>
>>5655812
Reissues? No.

I am not sure why Bandai didn't do anymore releases. Did they lose the license or something?

I have both the RD 01 and some Revos. If you're looking for 01 then the RD is probably the best movie version out there in this scale. The Revo evolution 01 is supposed to be great, so that will be your second best option.

If you are looking for non-01 Evas then things get a bit more dicey. RD Eva-02 is the movie version one with those stupid horns... so that blows. That basically leaves you with Revos for a proper TV version--in all honesty, my favorite eva-02 is the revo end of evangelion version. If you're into the movie eva-02 you have more options, there's the RD of course, and there's the Revos--of which there are several releases so you'll have to do research
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.