[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ThunderCats General: Why don't we have a ThunderCats General?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 600x380
Are we allowed to make ThunderCats threads? Why don't we have any ThunderCats threads? We should have a ThunderCats thread!
>>
>>5655762
Because nobody wants to pay money to Mattyjew Collector for giving us the privilege buy retooled motuc bucks with one of the stupidest distribution systems on the planet.
>>
>>5655775
But these are high quality collectors figures and their practices are becoming more and more commonplace. Everything's going to be a web exclusive first order bonus pre-order subscription plan in the future.
>>
>>5655762
There's nothing to talk about. These aren't out yet and they're predictably boring ala MOTUC. Might as well combine the motu general with these since it's a slow thread topic anyway.
>>
>>5655762
Vince, im worried about you. Plz talk to me.
>>
>>5655775
>the stupidest distribution systems on the planet.
Considering so much of /toy/ already preorders their toys without knowing what the actual figures will look like, does that mean Mattel knows what collectors really want?

Also, are they really retooled HeMan shit? I thought everything was new?
>>
>>5656175
The problem people have with the subscription model is being forced to buy figures you don't want for exclusives you do want. This effectively kills the middle market and the only people left are die hard fans and scalpers. I don't know how successful this model is for Mattel but it's definitley one of the reasons why Motuc isn't really popular outside of specific circles.
>>
>>5656204
I don't really follow this anymore, but don't they have an issue of being sold out fairly quickly? Or used to have?

He-man is one of the Western properties I'd love to buy several figures from, but fuck that business model.
>>
>>5656204
>The problem people have with the subscription model is being forced to buy figures you don't want for exclusives you do want
I think it's understandable that they're forcing a subscription model because it's niche as fuck. A giant company like Mattel normally don't deal with small time game like this, so they require a minimum number of figures to be sold in order for them to even considering making these figures.
Sucks shit that they don't increase the price to avoid mold reuse.

> Motuc isn't really popular outside of specific circles
I think it's mostly because no one really gives a shit about He Man.
And i say this as someone who was a big fan in his childhood.
>>
>>5656175
more or less retools, yes. the biggest beef alot of people had with the bandai usa thundarcunts, was they were not in any scale with any other toys.

alot of the motuc fanbase wanted them on the same shelves with the he-man stuff, as it's a similar demographic.

Now that matty has the license, they're simply catering to their existing fans to get sales.

there is SOME new tooling, and some reuse, but these are intended to be in a similar scale to Matty MOTUC at the end of the day.
>>
>>5655762
Are these the figures 4 horseman are making?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.