[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wheres his non-POP figure lads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 736x1112) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 736x1112
Wheres his non-POP figure lads?
>>
>>5655612
I'm waiting for ThreeZero to pull their fingers out of their ass.

I wonder if the movie's a success, we might one day see a Hot Toys Gabriel?
>>
>>5655647
Hopefully. Dan's prototype looks rad
>>
Just stick a daft punk figuarts head on an Iron Man body , then add stupid pouches and spray paint it black. There's your original character
>>
>>5655735
Epic post my friend
>>
>>5655647
The license expired.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 500x628
>>5655735
>I don't like thing
>>
>>5655612
>All those marking on his thighs
what a slut
>>
>>5655830
Dan once said in an interview that the chalk lines weren't kill markings, everyone just assumed they were.

I wonder if you're onto something?
>>
>>5655612
Isn't that based on the old design though? I wish Dan had stuck with this one because I'm really not liking the character's new look as a Murrican Halo-lite.
>>
I follow this guy on IG and he's so legitimately stoked that people love his design.
He just makes me happy for him. Like, its got nothing to do with fame, just making something that people enjoy
>>
>>5655735
Dude, theres an entire book explaning his origin and the world he lives in. It's pretty fucking original.
>>
>>5656975
Yup,he's a real humble dude who is amazing at art. Definitely one of my main inspirations
>>5656935
I like the murrica shoulder cape but I agree he should stick with the original
>>
>>5655830
When this guy goes at something, he goes hard.
>>
>>5656935
I like the America theme, but only because it reminds me of one of Sharpwriter's photoshops.
>>
I never got how anyone really liked this, it seems like some guy just never gave up on the shitty character he made in high school. Cant you see him being explained by some deadpool fan in your highschool math class?
>no hes like a cool bounty hunter
>its like a post apocalypse
>and he has a cool visor and like double m1911s
>no dude but hes like funny, like he carrys around m&ms and stuff
>and he has all these chalk marking on his legs that are mysterious
>yeah me and my friend are gonna make a comic book about him I bet Image will publish it
>>
>>5658157
>he was like americas greatest soldier
>no not america, amerika dude
>yeah but then they framed him and put him in prison
>like the most unescapable prison ever
>but then he got out and now hes gonna kill all these cool cahracters
>oh and he has 5 oclock shadow and smokes
>>
>>5658157
I don't care about the story, but I like the art and shit. Though yeah, he does look a bit generic.
>>
>>5658157
>>5658172
Luvisi's always been pretty clear about the fact that he wants this to be a satire of all that shit, and that he wants Robocop to be the template if they ever actually make the film.
>>
>>5658157
>jelly
>>
>>5658237
>>5658329
t. Luvisi defense force
>>
File: Anti-Hero.jpg (244 KB, 800x1201) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Hero.jpg
244 KB, 800x1201
Is this guy ever going to get a legit book or movie? This shit has been stagnant for a long fucking time.
>>
>>5658358
Probably not. The nature of art like this is that people quickly move on to the next ultra-realistic artist with a quirky tilt.Just about any concept artist working for movies or video games has a similar style.
>>
>>5655612
Has that dude even finished writing the actual book yet?
>>
File: dan-luvisi-red3.jpg (383 KB, 1800x1153) Image search: [Google]
dan-luvisi-red3.jpg
383 KB, 1800x1153
>>5658157
>>5658172
This. All day long.
He's pretty popular among regular folk, but I know a lot of artists in the community secretly think his artwork is a bit crap and puerile. But he's so well known that it's a case of the emperors new clothes.

>and smokes
>through their helmets?
All his characters do this dumb shit. Pic related.
>>
>>5655612
is that candy on his utility belt?
>>
>>5658346
can someone explain this t. meme, we don't get it much around /toy/ yet
>>
Which one, the silver, grey or black version? They did them a few years ago, some even came with his motorcycle.
>>
>>5659050
Normally a character that smokes doesn't really gain any of the 'cool' factor from me, since it's a thing everyone in the world does, but when a dude smokes through gaps in his face plate, that's a little bit bad ass.
>>
>>5658358
His movie's been in production for a while, I thinki it comes out next year or 2018
>>
>>5658157
>>5658172
I actually followed very early on when he used to just make fan art. Initially I felt excited about him making his own series as he kept making his own original stuff. Thing was, when I finally got his first book for this (mine was the 2nd first edition of the book) I couldn't help but find how juvenile his ideas were.

Even worse, he sounds like a complete autist and easily gets triggered over other IPs (especially superhero films) while hyping up his story as a "deconstruction"/satire of superhero films (as if we don't already have the Watchmen comic and the Deadpool film for those).

Feels weird because I really used to like his stuff, but the older I grew up, the more I realized how stunted his vision felt.
>>
Like My Status: Killbook
>>
>>5659050
Most people like Dan. He's a decent guy, hard-working, and better than a good number of artists. Plus he is always trying to improve, which is more than can be said for other big names like Noah Bradley.

That said, I suspect he rushed out the Redemption stuff because a studio wanted him to pitch it to them as a movie instead of releasing an art book as originally planned. You look at the earliest paintings for it and they just look like photographs. You look at this or a few of the others clearly meant to be pitch keyframes and they're riddled with mistakes - look at his shoulder and look at the completely fucked perspective on the gun.

He recently Kickstarted his Popped Culture side project, he's been working on the pre-production of the LMS movie for the last 12 months and he's now settling in to finally do the next LMS book according to his Instagram or Facebook.

I suspect the first LMS being a bizarre runaway success might have hurt him more than it helped, every time he has a project gaining traction the movie situation or getting the book back into print seems to slow him down. Can't help that he has ADD either.

I like some of his work quite a bit, but I tend to find people like Trevor Claxton far more inspirational as artists and designers.
>>
>>5655612
Sweet, who is this???
>>
>>5660609
His latest art book was pretty cool, the pop fiction book or whatever. Most people just look at LMS and judge by that but his speedpaints and contemporary stuff is pretty rad.

Guess not everything is for everyone though. I wish him the best, hopefully he can finish the movie.
>>5661292
Gabriel from an art book named Last Man Standing.
>>
>>5661297
Thanks man, I've always seen the art, but never a name
>>
>>5658358
Always thought his stuff is too busy.
>>
>>5659050
He has good texturing skills and to his credit did create a relatively cohesive (albiet generic) style for his universe. Though this picture is pretty awful, the lighting doesnt make sense for an outdoors desert environment, it looks like the default lighting in a 3d modeling program more than anything you would find in nature. Second, the way the gun in being held is impossible, third the character in the background looks unfinished and lacking in detail rather than out of focus which was the original intention in addition to looking awkwardly posed and poorly proportioned. While these are minor issues I find the true sin of his art being that it really does nothing to stand out from the hundreds of other artists working in this style. Just about any digital arts grad student with an interest in video games can turn out the same stuff. This style seems to be the direction the industry is going in but for someone with as much recognition as this guy I'd hope he could be a bit more inspired. As it stands this could be thrown into the concept art book of any sci fi war game released in the last 10 years and not look out of place.
>>
>>5659068
Are you talking about the new robocop?
>>
>>5664742
Wait does he make these using 3D CG?
>>
>>5664800
no, it's digital painting, probably done in photoshop with a cintiq tablet. I was just remarking that the lighting looks like default lighting in a 3d cg program
>>
>>5657144
>>5656975
i met him and i wouldn't describe him as humble at all

but whatever. i did buy the book, it was...alright i guess. i like his drawings but it's a lot of cliche stuff and a lot of celebrities drawn as cyber punk versions of themselves. not shit talking i just wasn't blown away by the book, but it was worth looking at the pictures from time to time.
>>
>>5665285
>i met him and i wouldn't describe him as humble at all

Go on...
>>
>>5665285
Would be interested in hearing about that, too.
>>
>>5665285
>i met him and i wouldn't describe him as humble at all
Holy shit, now you're going to have to tell us about this.
>>
>>5665325
>>5665399
>>5666337
I asked him to autograph my book and he signed it "From your favorite artist, the Second Coming".
>>
File: 1462958378974.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462958378974.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>5666344
>"From your favorite artist, the Second Coming".
>the Second Coming
>>
>>5666344
There has to be more to this story you're not telling us.

Maybe it was in reference to it being the Dark Horse 2nd Edition?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.